Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 07:13 PM   #1  

Default Am I on the right track?

Hello everyone I'm new here. I've just started my first serious attempt to change my eating habits and to get my weight under control. Any thoughts or advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

I'm 33, 5' 7" and weigh 230 lbs. My weight gain started 10 years ago and I've probably been at 230 for the past two years. (I weighed 160 from age 18-23). After months of soul-searching, I've decided it's time for me to do something.

So last Monday I started. I'm eating between 1200-1300 calories a day, drinking at least 8 glasses of water, doing my Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies video for an hour each morning and walking 1 mile each night. So far the scale hasn't moved but my jeans do feel a little loose. The weekdays were alot easier foodwise than I thought they'd be, but it was kind of hard this weekend with my husband and son eating everything in sight!

Does 1200-1300 calories a day seem OK? And do you think what I'm doing for exercise is enough? My hope is to get down to 150-160 though I know it's going to be a long road. Thanks for listening!
Old 05-20-2002, 02:50 AM   #2  

Smile

hi there
well this is a coincidence, this is my first time too. I don't know about you but it took me ages to work up the courage to do this, join the chat room i mean. Anyway, 1200-1400 cals sounds right the important thing is your fat grams, a girl at work is on 20 grams of fat per day and 1200 cals diet. I have got my Weightwatchers stuff out again, so i am on the points diet which is really good, its just my motivation that i need to work really hard on.
You have made a start and made a change to your life that's great!!
seeya
Old 05-20-2002, 07:26 PM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking Good to see newcomers

I want to welcome you both to 3FC's
I have been out of town for the last 4 days and just found your posts. you both sound like you have made GREAT beginnings !!
I think you are both on the right track.
Read all the many topics and threads here and when you find one you want to joinn... Just jump right in.
I have found ALL the groups here warm and friendly and they will all welcome you with open arms.
Closed Thread