Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 03:55 PM   #1  

Default Am I on the right track

Hi there,
This is my first time on the forum. My husband and I have been doing SBD since the end of March. We have done really well so far. I have lost 42 pounds and he has lost 60. It seems like the last month the weight loss has slowed way down for both of us. We are exercising more, eating right, and it is getting really frustrating when we don't loss anything or loss 1/2 a pound a week. A couple of weeks ago we thought, lets do Phase one again for a bit, and see how that goes. Not only was it harder to stick to than the first time, I only lost a pound. For all that salad and veggies, it sure didn't seem worth it.
So I am wondering about mixing WW and SBD. I see some people on the forum doing that. What made me think of it was on WW you start dropping your points as you lose weight. I don't remember SBD really talking about that at all as a factor to consider. Maybe my husband and I are just taking in too many calories and that is why we have stalled.
I know plataeus are normal in dieting, but this one has lasted over a month. I need some advice. Input would be great??
Thanks,
Stebby
Old 08-12-2004, 05:49 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You definitely sound like you are on the right track. What I would recommend is shaking up what you are eating a little. If you normally eat certain higher carb items, try switching them out with other items. Or if you eat them at a certain time of day, try a different time of day. If you normally do a certain exercise routine, try changing it out.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:37 AM   #3  

Thanks Nelie,
Encouragement is so helpful. Both my husband and I weighted in this morning, and we both lost 3 pounds a piece. I was excited b/c I usually lose less then him b/c of his "boy" metobolism.
I think we are going to try this combo WW and SBD thing and see how it goes.
Thanks again for your reply. This is a neat board.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:03 PM   #4  

That's great news!
Old 08-13-2004, 12:42 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Stebby, what an inspiration you are! Nelie's advice was excellent. Keep up the good work!
Closed Thread