Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 08:08 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Punkin ~ Glad to hear that your Pup is still with you. I had a family member tell us that we should put our 11 yr old Collie down about 2 weeks ago. My DH called our vet (family friend) and discussed it with him and he flipped out- saying just because an old person has trouble getting around do you put them to sleep? Subject was dropped immediately!!!!

Question ~ Do you girls ever just feel like "What is the Point?" I feel like this today... It is almost TOM and I am reallllly not in a good mood, but I feel like for every step forward I take I slide back 3.......I have had 4 good days food and exercise wise, but I want results TODAY and I am not seeing them and it sucks. I just really hate it when I feel this way.

Got to study,
Amy
Old 04-30-2002, 10:43 AM   #17  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello all!

Good mood today - get to go down to California in June for my best friend's daughter's 11th birthday! I haven't been there for her birthday in 4 years. My friend told her D that I couldn't be there and I'm just going to show up... gonna freak the kid out.

Amyjo - I agree with you completely and your point is part of the reason Dusty's still here. My stepfather asked himself "are we doing this to make her life easier, or ours?". So she needs some extra help and attention, better than loosing her before she's ready to go IMO - thankfully, he came to this conclusion too.

Back to walking again and it feels good. I'm still taking it easy since this "cold" is finally letting loose after 5 weeks. I don't want to push it... I did just sign up with my Mom and a family friend to walk the "Heaven Can Wait" 5k for breast cancer research on June 2nd! We had a blast last year - even though it did hail on us (in June!).

I'm off for now - everyone have a wonderful day

Terri
Old 04-30-2002, 06:01 PM   #18  
deleted2

Punkin, I'm glad to hear your old dawg-friend is still with you. Every day's a gift! We lost 2 of our dogs last year and they were old and ill and it became an absolute pleasure to take care of them in their last months; it really felt like a loving spiritual practice, very humbling---we would've done it forever, but then in the end they do let you know it's time.

But by Gawd, not today! Right, Dusty?!!!

Once again, friends, I'm amazed at how freaking hilarious it is that I'm a cook with food issues! It's been a really busy week and I'm eating my way thru it. Jeez.....I've got to get a grip! Oh dearie me.

Old 05-02-2002, 09:03 AM   #19  

Hi everyone
No I didnt fall of the face of the internet I just been trying to get out of a "funk" I been in lately..Nothing to do with weight ,in fact I dont really know where this "funk" is stemming from to be honest..
I dont get online when I get this way and when I do I try to be quiet as a mouse till it passes..
Anyhow I have noticed how very very quiet it has been here..What is up with that???Hope everything is going as well as it should be but if it isnt I hope it will be soon..
I been having a few problems with DD lately she doesnt like to sleep doesnt like to get up for school everything that is wrong is always my fault..And also been having a few hiccups with DH as well.. Lately he thinks I am only losing weight to get a new guy or he thinks that my "funks" have to do with him that he isnt doing enough to make me happy.. Ever try to explain something you dont know what is causing it in the first place?? In fact DH doesnt want me to associate with a friend I been associating with online for 2 years,just because the friend is Male..It isnt like I am thinking of anything illegal immoral or anything about th guy he has just been a great friend that I have trusted talking with for a while..He has helped me thru alot and if DH knew that the guy helped me and talked to me when I was about to ditch DH a$$ and showed me things that I never acknowlegded about DH ..It was talking to this person that helped me decide to give things another shot.. Now if I was to say anything about this to DH then he would just assume that I talk about every personal thought and detail of my life with my online Friend..Also I used to have a few female friends that I talked with online and when I was offline I kept in touch with them thru Snail mail and phone calls now he doesnt want me associating with them either because I should keep the past in the past and move on ..I admit one of them was a bad influence on me and I did get in some deep stuff while being online which I no longr do, but lets face it you cnt just drop a person because of an online personality..I have met her in person and her kids abd BF and she isnt at all what she seems like online..But you think he would think of that..Of course not..I dont know why I am rambling here I just needed to I guess..**** he is so worried about things when I go to the store because a GUY might talk to me ..I go to a certain store to buy my ciggs cause they are cheaper there and he thinks I flirt with the owner thats why it takes so long ..Sure the owner is a sweet guy but he is also Pakastani so when he talks his english isnt as clear as what I am used to hearing so it takes a while to understand and answer him( I have to talk slow for him to understand what I even ask for).. And where I buy my insense sticks the owner is from India (again english has a heavy accent as well ) and he is always telling me different things about his country and religion and what my name means in Hindi anything to hold a quick conversation which most people want when you frequent a place as much as I do..Maybe they tend to talk so much because I still shopped their shops even after most people stopped becuz of 9/11..In fact the Indian owner even told me he was surprised I still went there because I am American and he was still in school to get "americanized" and he was taunted and terrorized so much for being Indian (even the Pakastani was getting threats and harrassed for being different)
Sorry still rambling I just have no focus today ,just things are really getting to me and where else should I go to get this off my chest and mind..There is a another thing that has also been really grinding away at me but that has to do with religion which I wont go there here since it would make this post even more lengther as well , but by talking about it here I know would be wrong due to it being about Catholic Church and you all are mainly not Catholic..But lets just say that too has been really been getting on my bad side..( I do have a religion BB I go to but since Iam not strictly 100% behind my beleifs I dont talk about that too much either but I feel it coming to the point where I might just let them know my thinking, afterall what cn happen they could ban me or accept my opinions being just my opinions..)
Well NOW you see why I been trying to avoid the threads all together..PLease forgive my ramblings and also if I offended anyone I hope you know I didnt have the in my heart to offend anyoine and I apologize if I did ..
Take Care
Sheila
Old 05-02-2002, 10:25 AM   #20  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Hugs Sheila. Somehow you need to make hubby feel secure. You could say f*** it and let him be paranoid but that isn't very nice, nor would it help your marriage. My bf occasionally goes thru this. Well, actually so do I. We all loose our cofidence. I am sure your funk just seems like the cold shoulder to him. Try and spend some quality time with him. Maybe frisbee in the park or something. (Is it frisbee weather there yet?) After trying to give him the royal treatment, if he still is mr posesive, you may just have to let him deal with it. Don't let him bring you down!!! I have to agree, sometimes online friends are just exactly what you need to deal with problems at home.

Where is everyone? Spring Fever???? Did everyone have a happy Beltane? I did I actually spent the first 5 hours with the plumber. Our bathtub would not turn off. $500 dollars later I have new pipes and fixures. Still have to replace the suuround but no more wasted water. My checking account went from nicely padded to flat. I had to work 50 hours to earn what I paid him for 4 hours of work. Completely unfair. I may go to plumbing school. A spud's mackenzie pitt bull got into my home and broke flower vases, a lamp, some toys trying to first get my bird and then my cat and then my bird again. The plumber got her out. She chased the mini dog next store and then chased my cat down the street. All 3 cats finallly came home before dark. I called the pound. She kept coming back to my house to try to get in. I am slightly paranoid with dogs and Griffin still. After all that...I took a nap, and then did dishes only to kill my garbage disposal. I always run inbetween sink loads. There was nothing much down there, a few peas. And it goes click. Thats it, click. I reset it, checked the breaker, unpluged it ect.... It doesn't do a thing. I tried the broom handle to move the blades too. They work fine. Another 100$ but this we can install ourselves. This will be #3 in 5.5 years. I made dinner, went to blockbuster, went for the free scoop at Baskin and Robbins. Daquari Ice. I made a Beltane Spell, watched Waterworld, never saw it before. Had whoopie and passed out. That was my day. Very pricey for staying home 95 % of the day.

For some reason my calves hurt. They feel like someone removed 3 inches from the tendon and muscles. I haven't been working out either. I need to. Today is housework day since my water is back on. I miss everyone! ~flower
Old 05-02-2002, 10:57 AM   #21  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello everyone - wow it's been quiet!

Happy Beltane (a day late). I wasn't fit to be online yesterday since my mood was SO foul. I found myself starting a fight yesterday online and I figured I should just step away from the keyboard... not that the fight was just for $hits and giggles, it was a legitimate ***** - but the way I went about disagreeing was pissy to say the least.

Sheila - I hope your funk ends soon. I know what it's like.... thankfully mine only lasted yesterday and after I ripped off a few heads I felt much better.

Flower - I'm sorry about your Bully terror! You had a Bull Terrier in your house - totally different than a pit bull. They're actually sweet dogs and called the "nanny dog" because they're wonderful with children - albeit a bit spaztic as you found out. I had one named Lily that's still living with my ex (I guess). That's no condolance when they're rippin' through your house though, I'm sure... As for plumbing school - great idea, they're paid very, VERY well - you'd think they could afford pants that didn't, um, show more than you want to see???

My funk yesterday was because I've had a sore throat for 5 days now and that on top of being sick for 5 weeks just pushed me over the edge. Top THAT off with finding white spots in my throat and being put on 10 days of antibiotics... wellllll.... then you have raving ***** from ****. Add to that that I have to choke down acidophilus product to try to stave off a yeast infection that the antibiotics will try to give me and well, I'm just not nice to be around right now and the fuse is sooooo short, you almost can't see it.
Due to mood, I didn't do a darn thing about Beltane. Nuthin' - didn't even light a candle. This weekend I have a birthday party/Beltane celebration though so I'll "make up" for being such a bad Pagan...

Have a great day everyone!

Terri
Old 05-02-2002, 02:31 PM   #22  

Took my last final today. Went and had lunch with some girls from school and then came home.. So far it is 4 out of 5 A's... will know about the last class tomorrow. I am just so d#)* glad that the semester is over that I could scream!

Weight is steady.. it is TOM and I am eating like it. If it doesn't move it is getting shoveled in. I am at least getting in some exercise though. Good for me!

Hope that everyone else is doing well.. Still no word from Ruthie?

Flower ~ How bazaar about the dog... Does it belong in the neighborhood. Can't say that I would be paranoid since the thing with Grif's face (how is it healing?)

Punkin ~ Sorry about the illness. I was sick for about 3 months after the first of the year so I know what your going through. I hate taking medicine and it is the pits getting a yeast infection!

Sheila ~ Sometimes men just are born paranoid. My DH (whom knows that I worship him) thinks I am going to leave him when I graduate and can support myself. Not saying that there isn't some eyecandy that I go to school with, I would so NEVER do that but it comes up in conversation on occasion and it floors me. All you can do short of humoring him is reassure him that he is the "light" of your life!

Hugs to you all,
Amy

Last edited by Amyjo01; 05-02-2002 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:04 PM   #23  

Default Hi all

I know I been away just been dealing with some stuff and I think my funk is coming to an end..
Hope you all had a great Beltane day (even if you celebrated late) I admit I dont know what Beltane Day is but I do know it must be really important to you all ..(dont worry hanging around here I will learn stuff soon enuf..So dont feel like you need to explain, I am a nosey type that reads alot I learn stuff that way.. )
While I was on 3FC hiatis I started a little site which is not complete yet, I have real intentions to take my frustrations out building that .. PLus it is fun too see what I can do with little or no knowledge or training ..
My mom started a home buisness so I think this weekend I will check it out and give her a few pointers that might make things easier..She is selling Herbalife stuff..I want to see how she is set up with her books and equipment and go over a few things that I learned when I took my mircobuisness course..I wont tell her how to do anything but just maybe plant a few mental seeds in her head to send her in the right direction.. Also I want to make sure she saves all her start up buisness costs so that way when next year hits she can do the taxes as well as take out or write off a few things that she might not think of....The thing I dread is the lecher of why I wont go to school for accounting,whichI am not going to admit that I have overdrawn on my account twice in the past and that wouldnt be a good thing for me to do..(afterall how could I handle someone elses $$ if I screw up on my own $$)
I maybe allergic to my Cats.. I have been breaking out in hives since I got them and now tyson is finally trusting and loving I cant do that to those little furballs.. I will see if maybe I can get a allergy prescript so I dont let them dowmn or my family down.. I have always wanted a siamese now I have two and there is NO WAY will I give them up now..(unless I have NO choices whatso ever)
Here is a cheap plug to my site ---->CHEAP PLUG<------- Like I said it isnt even finished yet but at least I can get an idea what you think.. And I am willing to consider any ideas.. Remember it is in the first stage so dont expect too much.. I have a few pics I will be adding but I need to go to my moms so I can email them to me since my A drive is on the fritz then I can save them to desktop to upload to the site..
I have a few ideas on maybe having a page on weightloss (links of info for the different diet types..) Basically a resource type of thing
Maybe a page for my moms herbalife stuff ,page or two of family pics and interests.. I am really winging this so I will see what I can handle..
Well again I rambled aimlessly .. Just havent gotten a good fucus I guess.. Then again taking two benadryll every 6 hours does make one a little brian dead
Well all take care and Talk soon
SHeila
Old 05-06-2002, 12:28 AM   #24  
you can call me flower

I have an admirier at work. How cute is that???? I guess I don't look as bad as my reflection does! I kinda let him know that I had a family before he asked me out... I didn't want it to be awkward later. But he came to me later and asked me how many children did I have, how old I was (I don't look 33 at all), and when my boyfriend was gonna marry me. This was in the back stock room where my flowers were. No reason for a commission flooring guy to come back except to see me! Anyways, it made me smile all day to know someone other than Chris thinks I am interesting and attractive! ~flower
Old 05-06-2002, 10:00 AM   #25  

It is nice to get a boost to your ego sometimes. I have a guy a work who isn't all that attractive and is married, and knows I am married but he hits on me all day. It has become a running joke but it makes me feel good to know even if someone is married they still may find me attractive.

I realize that it is getting beautiful outside and that we are all busy little bees but I MISS EVERYONE!!!!!!!! Where are you?

Got to find a bathing suit for my trip to the beach. Not too excited about that. My one piece is too big and the two piece that I have that fits is old.. I hate shopping it depresses me!

Well hope everyone finds their way home soon.

Amy
Old 05-07-2002, 10:52 AM   #26  
you can call me flower

Roll call!!!!

Who is still among us??? I do feel like everyone has abandoned ship!

Flower is here! Her head is in the clouds but she is here. I have found new modivation for getting back on plan. Short skirts. Too hot for pants and long skirts. This all black bottom thing at work is gonna kill me when it gets in the 100's next month. It is creeping to the 90's already. Spring is over here. Not fun. That means bathing suit weather. I too need a new suit. Tata for now. I have the next 2 days off, post so I have something to read when I get bored of housework! ~flower
Old 05-07-2002, 11:28 AM   #27  
Is it Friday yet?

Ok, ok.... I'm here and I'll admit that I've been lurking...

Had a crappy weigh in this week - gaining 3 pounds. I believe it's partly from eating this acidophilus CRAP (milk & yogurt) to keep from getting an infection from my antibiotics (which so far has worked) but they don't make that stuff in fat free/sugar free. Ok, and I've been eating ice cream - hey! It's for medicinal reasons!
Today I'm back on the wagon though...

Flower - that is SO cool to have an admirer! I have one that flirts with me over the phone - but he's never seen me, so it really doesn't count - but it's fun!

Amyjo - Congrats on those A's!!!!!

Sheila - Beltaine is a celebration rebirth and new beginnings. That winter is officially over and the Earth is coming alive with new growth and the birth of babies. This morning it was 25 degrees however, so I'm having a hard time with the whole "winter's over" stuff. I checked out your site - the pictures are cute! I can't wait to see them all uploaded and I really hope your allergy to your cats can be easily treated.

It appears that I'm also going to be going into the volunteer "business". I'm an avid crocheter and have always wanted to donate to local hospitals, shelters, etc. and would you believe there's not ONE group around here that accepts donations?? I do have an email out to Binky Patrol who's 45 min. away - if they fail to help then I guess I'll contact the hospitals, etc. myself and get something started... It's exciting and scary. I had a dream 2 nights ago that convinced me I needed to do this. It was a little bald girl, named Nicole, who was in the hospital with cancer. She wanted me near her while she was waiting and then told me that the blankie I'd made her meant so much to her while she was sick... I have no idea WHO this was, but I'm going to take it as a message. Maybe there's a reason I'm not having children of my own.

Ok, I've blathered on enough... have a great day everyone!

Terri
Old 05-07-2002, 05:36 PM   #28  

I been around just been tired again
Punkin I know this is going to sound a bit strange ,but why not take acidophilis pills it is much easier..
I kinda thought Beltane was the rebirth or awakening of the world (spring) which started 3-20.. I know that there is a nother one in June (20?)the summer exiquinox and Sept (20?) I just was a bit off I guess. Spring is my fav time of year , everything new..
Well I havent been doing much I think I best get going right now and post more tomorrow I just been so out of it
Tajke Care
Sheila
Old 05-07-2002, 06:12 PM   #29  
deleted2

The 4 pounds that I lost a few weeks ago have come back home! Dang! Will I ever get this right?

Old 05-07-2002, 06:34 PM   #30  
Is it Friday yet?

Hey there!

Sheila, not strange at all... I don't take the pills for one reason - they're apparently too strong or something - even with just the milk I have to not drink too much for fear of what happened the last time I was in this position.
(personal story here...) Last time I did the pills while trying to keep from getting a yeast infection they made matters worse. See, it all started in '96 when I took Diflucan (the yeast infection pill "cure") that fouled up my body SO badly that I ended up with a yeast infection that literally my Dr. and I couldn't get cured for 6 months, THAT gave me a secondary infection that took 3 rounds of antibiotics to "fix" (antibiotics leading to more yeast infections and so on and so forth) and then an exam after all was said and done found that the secondary infection was so severe it ended up giving me internal scaring. It's probably a darn good thing I don't plan on having kids because after my little trip through Diflucan ****, I, and my Dr., don't know for sure that I can anyway... Funny thing also, my system was NEVER this sensitive before Diflucan either. Apparently this pill wipes out ALL the yeast in your system good and bad and you end up fighting to find the balance between infection and normal yeast flora because your body now can't find the balance itself. I'm not the only woman that's lived through the nightmare this pill can cause. I won't even mention what it did to my body long term sexually. So, long story short - that's why - and that's also why I tell every woman I can to avoid Diflucan like the plague.

June 20th... that's Midsummer - the Sun (the God) is at his strongest - but he is also on the downhill slide so to speak. After Midsummer the days start getting shorter and slowly colder, until the God "dies" and awaits rebirth the next spring.

S'all for now... later gators!

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 05-07-2002 at 08:19 PM.
Closed Thread