Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 06:37 PM   #16  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Trying to catch up on all that reading was really quite a challenge! I have spent the good part of late this afternoon reading what all you 'chatty' people have written. The BIG problem is that I didn't open my second browser window for my replies while I was reading this time so now I will need to back up and read again in order to do the replies. That isn't going to happen tonight so don't hold your breath!

Our weekend away was wonderful! It is so good to leave the phone, the computer, the kids and the cat home and get away! The room we had was on the third floor of this Victorian house. Yes, I said third floor! That was FUN!!! If you want to see where we went, go to www.castleinthecountry.com and click on 'rooms'. Choose 'the Heron' and it will give you a virtual tour. The room had a queen-size bed and a two person jacuzzi tub, 2 sky lights and a fireplace. It was wonderful!

Friday night we went to the 'Grill House' which is pretty cool. You actually pick your steak or fish out of a deli case and then go into this room that has a huge sectioned off grill in the middle of it and you cook your own stuff. Then they have sauteed onions, baked beans, fried potatoes and a baked potatoe bar that you help yourself to. Excellent food! I grilled myself a tuna steak! YUM!

Saturday we got up and were served breakfast at the Inn. Then we left out for some antiquing and general 'catting around'. The highlight of my day was when DH took me to a junk yard. It was called U Wrench It. We walked in and they charge $1 to get in. And DH whips out $1. The woman looked at him and said 'per person'. I said, "great, you're gonna drag me to a junk yard and then you make me pay for myself to get in???? What a guy!"

Sooooo, he dug out another $1 and in we went. Unfortunately, we didn't find what we were looking for: a spoiler and console cover for my youngest son's car. But we had a GREAT time!

Another couple took the weekend with us too, so we had split up in the morning and decided to meet for dinner in Saugatuck, a little town on the coast of Lake Michigan. We ate at a little diner called the Mermaid and then my honey surprised me and bought a $400 clock that we had spotted when we were there a year and a half ago.

All in all, it was just a great, relaxing weekend. Something we have vowed to do more often.

It does not want to let me post my whole post so I'm breaking it up into two. Be right back....................

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-21-2002 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-21-2002, 06:38 PM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Part 2.............I'm baaaaack.............

I really don't have time to go back and take notes and do responses tonight. But I promise I will get back to it later this week. I do want to welcome grizzlyschick. I hope you find you like our little corner of the site. I've been here from the beginning, July 2000. Come as often as you like. We're always here, well, most of us, some of the time, anyway! And to Duckie, holy cow , don't think you're 'intruding'. My goodness, just jump in here whenever the mood strikes you. We're kind of like Motel 6, 'we'll leave the light on for you'.

Well, girls, I'm sorry I can't get to everyone else right now. I'm glad you all kept things going while 2cute and I were gone. It was amazing to see how much you all had written. I will be back when I have some time to catch up. Love to all!

"There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me." - Lady Mary Wortley Montagu

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-21-2002 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-21-2002, 09:01 PM   #18  
Falling, but fighting...

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to stop in and say hi.

Too many people to reply to individually, but to Katrina: I have actually been yo-yoing the same 3 pounds, but not gaining...thankfully.

I did pretty well today:

Breakfast:

egg beaters w/fat free cheese and toast

Lunch:

Greek salad minus the olives (yuck!)

Dinner:

2 slices of pizza
mini meatballs
salad

Snack:

1 coconut chocolate

I don't think I went over points either (but I don't really know how to count the mini meatballs--they were the size of a melon scoop, or a gumball)

I did 30 minutes of the bike and 3 sets of side crunches and front crunches, and 1 set of legs in the air crunches. I also did a couple sets of wall leg lifts and squats. My bike riding alone burned more calories than my entire breakfast.

I am really happy. I actually had a decent weekend food wise. I wasn't perfect, but 2 slices of pizza instead of 5 is a vast improvement. I am going to do this....

Question: does anyone know where I can find the Don Marcos fat free flour tortillas (6 inch). They are 1/2 point each and really good. I was able to find them at Meijers, but today I couldn't--all out--I tried Farmer Jack's and Krogers too, but no go.... HELP!

Well it is bedtime. Good night and take care.

Susie
Old 04-21-2002, 10:10 PM   #19  

I am sooooo proud of us....we really kept this place hoping this weekend.

I have to report it is STILL SNOWING. I have had enough.

Pretty or not Baylee....it's the end of April.

My hand really hurts...from yesterday no doubt so I will be off now to wrap it in something hot....

Welcome back Thin...I missed you. Sounds like a great time and I think you should have paid your own $1.00 to get into the junk yard...you did get the $400.00 clock after all!!!!
Old 04-21-2002, 10:54 PM   #20  

Just wanted to check in on everyone before I turn in for the night. I did go to the ER this afternoon, and all I've done is sleep since I got home. The doctor was so nice, but he told me that I shouldn't have waited so long to get the ear looked at. Turned out I have a severly infect right ear, so I got to spend a fortune at the pharmacy for 4 different prescriptions today.... Not a good day for moving around that's for sure!!! Hopefully between the oral antibiotics, and the ear drops with antibiotics in them I will be back to my old self soon....I can tell you the tylenol with codiene he gave me has helped with the pain, but I sure can't keep my eyes open very long!

Welcome back thin....sounds like you had a GR8 time!!!

Goodnight everyone, my eyes are trying to close as I type.

Theresa
Old 04-22-2002, 12:45 AM   #21  
Dancing those pounds away

WOW !!!!! I said fill up one thread.... but TWO !!!!! I am PROUD of all of you.!!!
Luckylady... I think they took your challenge to fill up the site while I was gone.
And yes Baylee... my eyes are crossed from reading so much. ...

I had the MOST WONDERFUL time with my daughter. We get along really really well and always enjoy ourselves. Unfortunately we also love to eat together... so Monday is a new beginning for me... again. But I don't regret it. I had a blast.

I am having to post this into two also.... so the replys will be in the next post.
Old 04-22-2002, 12:47 AM   #22  

Arrow Part Two

The saga continues... LOL

Luckylady... you kept these girls going and kept me reading forever. Thanks.. it was great coming back and finding so many posts.

Theresa... I grew up near Pittsburg KS in Joplin Mo.
It's a small world. Have you always lived there?? When I go to see my parents I am in Joplin. And I think it is GREAT that you go bowling with your son. Keep it up.

Welcome grizzlyschick....we are always glad to have newcomers. You have already heard lots of good suggestions for exercise. One shared long ago ... you can do sitting at your computer. DEEP BREATHEING. Breathe in deep... then HOLD IT. You let it out really slow. Repeat 10 times every time you sit down at the computer. You will be amazed how many muscles you use when you haven't been using any.

Duckie... You stop in every chance you get. You are not intruding at all. I hope you post more when you can... and quit worring about the times you can't.
I too love to camp and fish. It was much easier when I was fat and young than now... being fat and OLD.

Kat... I want that license plate.... but if I ever got pulled over by the police they would accuse me of stealing it from someone.
Congrats on starting the new thread !!! YOu did great. Now you will have to do it more often.
And that recipe sounds sooo yummy.

Susie.. good to see you posting again. We sure have missed you.
Mary... do you EVER slow down??? I want to know how you keep from being "skinny" with as much going as you do. LOL

Michelle...as you tell all of us.. put the past in the past and start from where you are today.
I too am worried about Tina... and the others missing.

Tina... please please... come tell us where you are.

Thin.... I hope you have fun reading it all AGAIN....
There is no way I am... I LOVE all these women... but what I forgot... is staying there. LOL. There is no way I can read that much AGAIN. LOL

Baylee... you kept me busy the last hour or TWO.
I hoped you all would fill up one page... but two was a really SHOCK. LOL You guys are GREAT !!!!

I know I am missing soooo many...please know that even when we don't mention you by name... we still think about you.
It is hard to get everyone in.

Well friends... I have been gone a lot lately and I have a lot to do here now.
I will try to get back soon. I am determined to get back on program.
I am filling my water jugs and getting them cold for tomorrow. I am committing to 8 glasses of water.... 10 minutes of exercise.... and better food choices.

It is sure good to see you all again. Well .. I can barely "see" at all since reading for the last two hours. LOL LOL LOL
good night
Old 04-22-2002, 01:53 AM   #23  

Question I don't remember who...

I don't remember who has the snow and who has the rain but I am sending my sunshine your way.

You have brightened my day sooo much... it is the least I can do.
You might need your sunglasses... it is bright.
Old 04-22-2002, 08:08 AM   #24  

Welcome Back 2Cute ...It's Baylee and I that have SNOW and it is only 28 this morning with a prediction of snow on Friday....somehow I missed Spring, Summer and Fall

My Dad's birthday is going to drive me nuts....I have the invitations, plates, forks, cake, decorations, etc but it seems like I find new things I have forgotten every day. Do any of you have a good punch recipe?

I do feel, for whatever reason, that my slacking off is going away and I have been thinking "eat better" & "exercise". Maybe it's the Monday blues. No, I do hope my "lose this fat" determination has set in.

Motivational Monday:
"If we all did the things we are capable of doing we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Alva Edison

I would love to astound myself!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2002, 09:43 AM   #25  

Thumbs up Grrrrrrrrrr......

The post I had about the SUNSHINE was suppose to have a picture attached. Grrrr.
I will try it again and hopefully it will take. It is a JPEG and I stole it off of another site in 3FC so it should have worked.

I told Thinthinker that if I had to stay on the "THIRD" floor and climb those stairs... I would sleep on the bottom step and tell them to forget my bed... just bring me my breakfast.

I have got tons to do today.
Motivation Monday..... I am motivated by putting a time limit on finishing my bedroom. If I keep myself busy.. it sure helps to keep me out of the food.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-22-2002 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-22-2002, 10:07 AM   #26  

Good Morning Lady's

It's a beautiful morning the sun is shining and smells so fresh and woodsy outside, I think spring has finally sprung ( knock on wood). The snow's almost all gone, I love this time of year, it's just taking alittle longer to arrive this year. Every morning on my way to work lately, I've spotted numerous deer with their new babies, a porcupine in the same field, and a little skunk along side the road. As well as all the birds have arrived, I could sit outside all day long and just enjoy the scenery.

Did pretty good yesterday, made a hashbrown casserole, 3 points per cup, if think I probably had 9 points though, not to good with the portions. I did go for a walk after supper, took my son and off we went. He rode his bike, and I was able to keep up with him ( mind you he's only 4) pretty good pace, walk probably 2 miles, it took 40 min. I was proud of myself, last year at this time my shin's would have been killing me, it's true even alittle weight loss, make's a difference. I want to walk every other day if not every day. I know I can lose just by walking I've done it before.

Thin- the B&B sound's wonderful, I'm so jealous my fiance is so boring, if I took him to a place like that all he'd want to do is lay around and watch TV, he's not very romantic, and just taking a walk and holding hands would have to take alot of nagging. If it doesn't involve the TV ( any kind of sports) hunting or fishing, he's really not interested. I do alot of nagging, to much. Your weekend was exactly the type of weekend I would love.

2 Cute- Welcome back, glad you had a great time with you daughter, I'm not sure where you went or what you did, I don't have time to go back that far and read the post's, but glad you had fun, and I hope you sunshine reaches those who need it, and stay's for awhile.

Yellow - I hope your ear heal's real fast that's got to be the most painful and uncomfortable infection, next to a infected tooth.

Well I know there's alot of you I didn't reply to just don't have the time, hope you all have a great on track day, and keep moving, Check in later
Old 04-22-2002, 10:52 AM   #27  
I'm on my way!

Good morning everyone!!

I got a late start this morning. My little angel slept in till 7:40...what a treat for me! It would have been nicer if it was John's day off. I get up with him and put his lunch together and get all his stuff on the table so he can just get out of the shower, dress and grab his stuff as he goes out the door. DOes he have me trained or WHAT! LOL I hopped right back into bed before he even got out of the shower!

My ankles and shins hurt today from walking at the baby show and then yesterday at the mall for 5 hours. I did get some bargains though! I got Andrew a little short suit with tie and vest for $13 to wear at the wedding next month. I also got him navy blue pants incase its cool that day. We can switch the shorts for the pants. I just want to get him a navy blue sweater since its short sleeves. You never know what the weather is going to be these days...some have snow..YUK! We have RAIN today and its cold...some have heat and sunshine!! I also found myself a nice pantsuit to wear for the wedding. It was regularly $80 and I got it for $34.99! Can't beat that! And of the more expensive ones I tried on with it I liked this the best which is unusal for me to like the cheaper one! I just need to get a pair of navy blue slip on sandals or some type of shoe. I want something with a small heel...always feel more dressed up with heels! Now to just get John something to wear...hopefully it will be navy blue too and we will all be coordinated! He needs to try stuff on that he has here first...he will do that tomorrow since he is off tuesday and wednesday this week. I spent some major money already. I got Andrew a pair of sandals and a pair of new sneakers and I got myself a pair of New Balance walking sneakers too. We had a great time yesterday. He napped for 1 1/2 hours...wish I could have gotten in the stroller with him and parked it somewhere and slept too!

Enough babbling....

2Cute...welcome back! Were you suprised we were so active? I hope we used up some calories with all this activity! LOL I needed the help this weekend! Glad you had a great weekend! I am starting fresh today and trying to keep the points low to make up for the past couple of days. I know I can do this and I want that pant suit to look better in 4 weeks! I am aiming for 15 lbs gone by then but will settle for 10 more gone! I know I can do this!

Duckie, it sounds like you are on your way! I have to get my rear in gear and get out walking. NOw that I have a new pair of sneaks I have no more excuses except its raining today and I don't want to take the baby out!

Lucky I love that quote! I can't help you with the punch recipe. Sorry...there are websites like www.foodtv.com that might have something you can use!

Theresa hope that ear infection clears up quickly! I hate being sick. I hate pain too! I am a big baby! Hey you go and join that bowling league with your son and WHO CARES what size you are! No one will even be paying attention because you all will be having too much fun with your kids! I use to bowl on several leagues and I started out with a 101 average and built up to 165. I was BIG then too! But I got some exercise in and I HAD FUN and if someone didn't like my size then that was THEIR problem!

Susie glad to see you posting with us again. Sounds like you are doing ok with your food. It takes time to change those old eating habits. We just need to work on them a little at a time so it eventually turns into better habits! I am working on water and journaling this week!

Thin glad to see you back too! 3rd floor huh? I wouldn't have made it through the weekend...but think of all the exercise you got in!

Baylee....I had a dream last night...actually this morning...I dreamt that the trees around the house broke off and invaded my upstairs. They turned into these viscious little bushy branches of tree and I couldn't get rid of them. Really! I'm not kidding....I guess I have a wild imagination or something. I think I would have rather had those squirrels! LOL

Kat I am going to make that strawberry pie. I got the pudding and gelatin and strawberries last night but I didn't write down the package sizes...Not sure if Ihave enough to make it today. I will check the cupboards for extra boxes when I get done here. I just made the muffins this morning and they are soooo good. I will post the recipe if anyone wants it. Even my son ate them. I like the pears in them. I had two and shared with my son but still counted the 4 points.

Well ladies, this post is way too long...I am worried about Tina..does anyone have her email address?

Have a great day...I WILL be back! Michelle
Old 04-22-2002, 11:47 AM   #28  

Exclamation Time for a new thread

STOP !!!!
It is time to start a new thread. Please do NOT post in this thread... instead go to the next chapter of this ongoing saga .... you can find it at 300+...#159
See you all there.
Closed Thread