Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 12:53 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and ready to try again.. #149

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

[WELCOME !!!!
Old 03-30-2002, 03:03 PM   #2  
a work in progress...

I'm back for a minute...I had to laugh at babette's "snippy comment!" (from the previous thread) That was my point, I really didn't think he did a whole helluva lot around here...til he was gone! I will begrudgingly give him credit for ...um...trying to think of something, wait a minute...OK! here's one: he took my son to baseball practice...and fed him (@ Burger King!) that's about it so far, still hasn't emptied his suitcases yet, though! To be fair, he DID come home Thursday with a nasty cold and had to be back to work Friday AM @ 6:45...same for today...now don't I feel ashamed of myself? maybe just a little! He does help with driving the kids here and there and occasionally does the laundry...not too good at putting it away though! He's lucky he's cute! And funny as ****! and smart as a whip...and a good father... So I guess I'll keep him around for another 19 years!

ok, back outside for me...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 03-30-2002 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-30-2002, 03:26 PM   #3  

Just came peeking in to see how many many people had posted since I started new thread. Boy was I in for a surprise.

Hi Kat...
so much for replys.

I am off to the store so tomorrow I have plenty of on program foods at the family gathering and no need for any cheats.

I am coloring my deviled eggs. I have never even heard of that before... but saw them on tv. They were sooo pretty. You peel and take out the yolk as usual. then you color the whites.!!! You must use food coloring not dye kits. I sure hope they turn out okay. Have any of you done this before?
If I find my recipe... I have a really good cold pasta salad I am making. If I can I will post it today.
Anyone have any good ideas what to get my grandkids for easter other than the usual candy? Last year I did some kind of 3-D puzzle for the older one.... and a "humageous" spin wheel.. I think that is what it is called.... for the toddler. It was bigger than her. I don't want stuffed animals... she has too many already.
Old 03-30-2002, 03:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Default joe anne2 is moving on

Hi Ladies
I have had such a messed up week. I really am ready to commit to myself.
I've been so caught up in other peoples problems that I forgot about myself. My blood sugar levels have been going higher and higher.
Ok so here I am, I started today with a 1 1/2 mile walk and wrote in my food jounal, and I am writing to you all here.
I wish you all a great Easter Sunday and I'll see you all lighter.
Old 03-30-2002, 06:36 PM   #5  

Okay, "Bra Lady" can you explain this to me? I just saw a commercial advertising a pill that will make your breast up to two sizes bigger in 60 days. HOW would this work, in your expert opinion?????? I don't need the pill but am curious.
Old 03-30-2002, 07:14 PM   #6  
a work in progress...

There's a similar product for gentlemen to increase the size of their...uh...most prized possession, shall we say? Theoretically, it has something to do with increasing blood flow to a particular area, but how do you isolate that area in "need" of expansion?

How, bra lady, HOW??

eagerly awaiting an answer...
Old 03-30-2002, 09:21 PM   #7  

Default Wondering?

I use JoAnn lunds cookbooks but do I use the healthy exchanges or use the Diabetic exchanges? They differ slightly, I'd like to use my recipes but am in doubt. Thanks so much Nancy
Old 03-30-2002, 09:31 PM   #8  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down I am a total spaz.................

Dear Everyone,

I can't believe I missed a whole thread! What a loser I am! My last couple of days have went by just like a blur and I haven't even touched the computer! I got off work Thursday @ 7:00am, got in the bed about 9:00am, and slept till 1:00pm. That was the last sleep I got till Saturday morning at 8:00am. A friend of the boys spent the night with them Thursday night and then I went to work and when I got off work Friday morning............me, DH, the boys and their friend went to Pigeon Forge to the Nascar Speedway. They have all sorts of tracks with all kinds of little Nascars-go carts that you can ride. The day was fun, but I was very tired and a little depressed. DH and the boys got bracelets to ride all the rides and I just walked around and stood and watched. NO FUN at all. But, that is my fault. My fault because I have overate for so long, that I have stretched my body out to the point where I can't fit into rides and have fun like everybody else and that is no one else's fault but mine and I know that. I was depressed that I was stuck on the sidelines as usual, when all these other women were riding with their sweeties and their families, but a small part of me was happy and filled with inspiration because I know the next time we go there (unless it's in a couple of months) that I WILL BE RIDING TOO! This.......I vow. Sometimes, I look at all this food that is floating around me begging me to eat it. Like the delicious looking waffle cone full of butterscotch vanilla toffee ice cream that my DH was eating yesterday (thank you butthole) and all my willpower starts to fly out the window and I just want to eat what I want and say phooey on it. But then, I think of how I felt standing on the sidelines while my family was having fun, and you know what??!! That icecream just doesn't seem all that important anymore. As it was, I took one bite just so I wouldn't go insane and then drunk a whole bottle of water and refused to take another bite. A little victory for me. Life can be inspiring in so many ways, you just have to learn where to look. Hope all my friends are doing well and although I wasn't here and posting last thread, you were all on my minds!

HAPPY EASTER!

Last edited by QueenB; 03-30-2002 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-30-2002, 09:36 PM   #9  

Angry

Hi guys...
Here I am with that recipe I promised. Somebody pick Thinthinker up off the floor ...I think she fainted.
Don't get too impressed. I have never made this... only eatten it. LOL. My sister makes it regularly.

1 package frozen Birdseye Mixed Vegetables (thawed)
1/2 cup small or sliced black olives
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup Italian dressing
2 Tablespoons Parmasean cheese
Pizza type pepperoni slices are optional

Stir together and let sit several hours to marinade and chill.
I recommend adding the pepperoni slices and you not eatting them if counting calories.

Marinade chicken breasts in Italian dressing
Roll breasts in Italian bread crumbs ( can find at bread store cheap)
Bake 350 degrees

Okay... I think Thin is breathing again. LOL. Now I need to go cook for tomorrow.
Oh yes.... I stayed on program again today.
Old 03-30-2002, 10:26 PM   #10  

Exactly, Kat. I want to know how whatever is in those pills only affects the size bra you wear???? If what goes into a bra is mostly fat, as we know, wouldn't that pill make your whole body get bigger NOT just the part that goes into a bra?????

WHERE ARE YOU BRA LADY? Inquireing minds want to know
Old 03-30-2002, 10:27 PM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Post HAPPY EASTER CHICKIES

I think I am going to faint. DH and I went out tonight with my fellow library workers. We never go out with another group. It was fun . Dh does not eat corn bread, biscuits or things like that but can you beleive he ate a whole basket of hushpuppies. He actually thought they were good.
I of course ate too much. I ate kashi for breakfast, lunch was a gardenburger on a bun with onion and mushrooms sauteed in a non stick pan. Very good. Tonight I had
salad
hushpuppies
2 catfish filets
FF
and 2 small slices of cake had to try carrot and german choc both.
Hope all of you have a very happy easter.
Old 03-30-2002, 11:28 PM   #12  

Talking Happy Easter

Just had to come and try to post this for my cyber family.
This is my gift to all of you.

OOooopppsss.
I don't know why some won't switch to jpeg in color.?
Sorrrrrry

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-30-2002 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-31-2002, 02:23 AM   #13  

HAPPY [SIZE=E]EASTER ![/SIZE]
Old 03-31-2002, 04:22 AM   #14  

Talking Rise and shine....

Egg-stra Egg-stra
Read all about it.....
2cute is all egg-cited
And she is going to shout it !!!!

H-A-P-P-Y.... E-A-S-T-E-R
Happy Easter !!!!!!!!

Well ladies... I did an egg-cellent job preparing egg-citing food for my family's egg-stravaganza !!!
I am egg-static !!!!
It is egg-actly the perfect day for egg hunting and a picnic.
Hare-y up and get your day going.
Don't forget...somebunny loves you...and it just may be ME !!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-31-2002 at 04:51 AM.
Old 03-31-2002, 06:57 AM   #15  
I'm on my way!

HAPPY EASTER!!

Everyone seems to be in a GREAT mood !!

I am about to finally make that Carrot Cake....I may make two and take one with us to dinner today. Then I can have one for home. John loves carrot cake. I am going to freeze a piece to see how it freezes. That way I can cut it in serving size pieces and not be tempted to eat the whole thing by myself. I have been known! LOL

Well I Just wanted to say to all of you friends, do the best you can today and work on tomorrow tomorrow! If you find you eat too much today then reverse bank the points the rest of your week. But just remember...every time you want to eat more than you know you should look to your right shoulder...I will be sitting there in my little easter angel outfit saying no, no (shaking my finger at you) don't do that...you know you want to be close to your goal by this time next year! And when you are laughing at your right shoulder out loud in front of your family they may have you committed and then you know you will lose weight. How good could institutional food taste>? Ok Ok...enough of me for now...gotta a cake to bake!

Have a safe and happy holiday!

Michelle
Closed Thread