Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 06:59 AM   #16  
I'm on my way!

ONe more thing....

The bra thing! That pill....sorta like midol...I always wondered how it knew which pain to kill? If you have cramps and you have a painful elbow or something...how did it know where to go?

Just something to think about there to! Where is the bra lady?
Old 03-31-2002, 09:56 AM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girls! I'm sneaking in here when I have so much to do.(hubby's even upstairs doing the dishes! ) My in-laws are coming for dinner along with my mom and the #2 son is bringing home his roommate from school so I'll have 8 altogether for dinner.

I need to go set the table. I made jello jelly beans last night before I went to bed. How come all the pretty colors don't come in sugar free? Like purple???

I made 2 of those strawberry pies this morning in graham cracker crusts for dessert. I did buy some canolis at the fruit market too in case someone wants to splurge.

I'm making yams and corn, a ham, mashed potatoes (skinny), deviled eggs and rolls. I have made so much in the past that I just cut it down some this year, too many leftovers in the past.

I have been away so long, I have alot to catch up on and I hope that I will get to do that soon. But until then, know that I love you guys, and I wish you all a

Happy Easter!!!

Happy Easter, Happy Spring!
Happy, happy everything!
Old 03-31-2002, 10:36 AM   #18  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

H A P P Y EASTER
Old 03-31-2002, 03:22 PM   #19  
Progress..not perfection

Talking A Message for my friends!

Just wanted to send my cyber family a special wish:

Today is a very special day........a day that is spent not only with loved ones and family, but with friends. And on this special day, I have thought of you.......my cyber family. I hope each one of you know that you are special to me and I am so thankful for the day I found this thread. May you and yours have a truly wonderful day!

Happy Easter!!
Old 03-31-2002, 06:40 PM   #20  
I'm on my way!

Default I'm baaaack..............

I am just so proud of myself! I just have to share that I had a very successful day today food wise! I had one very thin small slice of ham and a small slice of lamb, a spoonful of mashed potatoes, and steamed veggies with 1 small dinner roll. Then...yes...I had dessert!! I brought the carrot cake and had a slice of that...it was probably 2 servings so I counted it that way!
I am still full from dinner so I know I won't be eating anything else today. Maybe just get in some more water. Sometimes I think I am hungry when I am really only thristy so I try to drink my water first to see if that takes care of the problem.

Well how have you all been doing? I hope everyone is having a great day!

Michelle
Old 03-31-2002, 06:51 PM   #21  

Dijon Dressing:
1/4 cup fat free mayonnaise
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir with a whisk until blended. Cover and chill. Yield 2/3 cup

Points 1
Calories 60

I really love this because of the "kick" of flavor.
Old 03-31-2002, 08:39 PM   #22  
a work in progress...

Oooh! That sounds good! I can't wait for tomorrow's lunch, so I can make a BIG salad with that on top...and some hard boiled eggs of course! Got a few to get rid of...my son will not eat them, but insists on coloring them each year!

Easter was very low key for us this year and thankfully so. We were invited to Mom and Dads for dinner, and at the last minute, I begged off...dh has a rotten cold, coughing all over the place (my excuse)...we were actually getting ready to go, I was pressing my son's shirt, still needed to press something for myself, and getting increasingly agitated... thinking of the traffic, how much I just wanted to be at home with my OWN little family, the things I could be doing here, how it's just expected that we must alter all plans so that the "family can all be together", basically to drink and re-affirm how happy we are all together...hahaha...Now, some of us ARE drinkers and some are not...(US) It's the same every single family gathering and I just couldn't bear the thought of now having to TRAVEL to participate in this sham...

wow...a little confession is good for the soul! Sorry to unload like that, but it felt good to get it out.

Instead, the four of us went to brunch, (egg white/veggie omelet w/ whole wheat toast) then we came back here to hang out for awhile, I was as happy as a clam doing laundry and tidying up! Then, we went to the movies to see "Ice Age." Cute, but I did not think to bring tissues for my TEARS! We went to Bertucci's for dinner...since we shared bruschetta for an appetizer (yummy grilled Italian bread with a variety of chopped tomato and basil, chopped eggplant and garlic, and zucchini and mushrooms..) I ordered only soup and salad for dinner...the soup was only so so, I left most of it and enjoyed the heck out of my salad! I have plenty of room left for the carrot cake that I did not bring to my moms!

Now I'm home in my cozy flannel pjs...everyone is doing their own thing. I am content.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. I know I did!

Old 04-01-2002, 12:02 AM   #23  
a work in progress...

Default Me again

I came across this and thought I could use it for Motivational Monday...

You start the longest journey by placing one foot in front of the other. The tallest mountains have been conquered by men who literally inched their way to the summits. Whatever your goal, it will yield to the same approach; one step at a time.
- Michael Gore

My alarm is set EARLY so I can get to Curves by 6:00...then my daughter wants us to go to the gym...we're taking a Step class,followed by Body Sculpting (hope the instructor has a BIG chisel!)...then I'm going home to die...

Happy Monday!
Old 04-01-2002, 03:20 AM   #24  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking Kat.. you are too funny...

Good evening/morning

Kat you are too funny. I was going to write you and say how LOVELY your day sounded. So nice... so peaceful.
And then you go and tell us about all you are going to do tomorrow. You go girl.

My day was not as good. I did not enjoy my day at all.
I did the "family" thing... but my daughter in law parents were there.
They are the ones that are very very nice... but... I feel so inferior next the her. She is tiny, cute, NICE,... Grrrrr. She gets on the floor and plays with the grandkids (I'm too fat to do that). She rides bikes and plays at the park with them. She is the "perfect" grandma that I am not. I never seem to enjoy myself when they are around... even though they are very very nice people. I just feel too inferior around them.

My food was pretty good. I did not eat one piece of chocolate.
I did have dessert.... but that was the only off program eating I did.
I am headed for bed now. See you all in the morning... or later this afternoon.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:56 AM   #25  

"I have always had a dread of becoming a passenger in life." - Queen Margret II of Denmark

2Cute I hear you. Since gaining all of this weight I hate that I can't do the things I want to. I moved to a farm last year and have a ton of work to do to clean it up. I don't have the strength or agility to do the tasks I want to (of course SOME of it could be my age!!!) and I get so angry with myself. However, apparently not mad enough that I work at losing weight.

My Easter eating wasn't so good. I did have have two bars out of guilt. My aunt is legally blind and taking chemotherapy so when she said "here won't you have these I made them" I succumb to guilt. There were pretty small but I still wish I hadn't eaten them.

You will all be amazed but it snowed here. April 1st and snow...grrrrrrr
Old 04-01-2002, 08:24 AM   #26  
You and Me in 2003

Happy April 1

I cooked a big meal yesterday and YES I ate. I will start over today.
I cooked
Pork Roast
corn
baked beans
stuffed eggs
F.F. slaw
italian bread
f.f. choc pie

Hope everybody has a good day.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:45 PM   #27  
a work in progress...

Default I'm still alive!

Darling daughter decided to sleep in, so I only went to Curves this AM, we plan on going to the gym this evening...(we'll see)

What a beautiful day! Spring has definitely sprung!

I stopped here actually just to copy Lucky's salad dressing recipe, of course I got sidetracked...just had to check in...

Hi and goodbye!

Any good April Fool jokes?

Old 04-01-2002, 12:49 PM   #28  

Arrow You won't believe this !!!!!

I hope everyone is sitting down.
I have some news for you.
Just remember... I am a 51 year old FAT grandmother.

Are you ready??? I wasn't. !!!!!

I AM PREGNANT !!!!!!!!!!

I told you to sit down. I fell down... and my chin is still on the floor.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:51 PM   #29  

Talking

APRIL FOOLS !!!!!!
Old 04-01-2002, 12:58 PM   #30  

Arrow Time for new thread again....

Okay... now that I have had some fun... ... I am going to start our next thread.
Do not post here... instead go to our ongoing new thread... 300+ #150.

150 threads... with about 30 posts per thread... equals to 4,500 stories told in here. WOW !!!!
Closed Thread