Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 05:36 PM   #16  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Default Need weigh in numbers

Howdy and Happy Easter tomorrow!!! Hope all of you are in a healthy food frame of mind. Give me you weight losses for those on the Mom Day challenge.

Gennel, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Way to go with the BIG LOSS!! You are getting closer and closer to that bikini! Those excersizes work, don't they? I have noticed a difference in the way my jeans fit. Gosh, you are already half way to what you wanted to lose for the Mother's Day challenge. You go girl!

Well, I am going to keep this short and sweet. My mother is on her way over for dinner for Easter. My father passed away when I was a junior in high school, and my brother is in the Air Force and in San Antonio, so it is a very low-keyed meal for my side of the family. Just my sweetie, kiddo, mom, and me. Tomorrow is with Sweetie's side of the family and that is quite the fiasco! Should be fun, though.

My best wishes to you all and hope each of you enjoys the day of celebration!

Boating
Old 04-01-2002, 10:48 AM   #17  
Beach Bound Babe

Talking Hello Everyone!

Hi there! How is everyone today? I have returned from vacation relaxed and ready to kick it in gear. It was so nice to get away from everyone and everything for several days. I had an excellent time! I am ready for the MD challenge! I would like to lose 10...at least that is what I am shooting for! The weather is breaking so at least I will be able to get out and walk!

All of you have been doing great! Will write more soon!
Take care!

Trace
Old 04-01-2002, 10:55 AM   #18  
Beach Bound Babe

Talking WOO-HOO!

I can't belive it! I just weighed myself to get a starting point for my MD challenger...I have lost 2.5 pounds! Whew! I figured vacation would really do me in!

I am so excited!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2002, 07:48 AM   #19  

Wow! congrats to the 'losers'! You guys are doing so well! The beach isn't going to know what hit it this summer!!
Have a great day!
Old 04-02-2002, 08:56 AM   #20  

Good morning!

Way to go trace! You must have been very good on vacation! Glad to hear that you had a nice time...and that you didn't put the pounds on while away.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter! Our family gatherings were nice and relaxing. I did a pretty good job behaving this weekend. My only bad deed was eating some cherry cheesecake. But, I figured I deserved it. I weighed myself yesterday morning to see if any damage was done and there was no gain. I was very happy about that! I went walking early Easter morning. It was a beautiful day...sun shining, birds singing. I felt like breaking into ..."Oh what a beautiful morning...oh what a beautiful day...." but I was afraid the men with the white jackets would come get me. You must admit...or creator did a magnificent job creating such a beautiful earth!

We have a new camper ordered which is supposed to roll off the assembly line on the 8th. I can't wait for it to get here!!! My husband, friends, family....just love to spend the weekend at the lake. The weather is starting to get more cooperative and I am itching to go. I know boating won't be until at least May, but I'll make it if I can camp some soon.

Well, everyone have a good day and post soon!
Boating
Old 04-02-2002, 04:41 PM   #21  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default Hey Guys!

Miss you all. I'm feeling a bit discouraged... I've been faithful to my running, not super faithful to my eating, but I'm just not seeing any results. My self-esteem is really low. I could sure use some encouragement from you all!!! *sigh*

Take care,
Gracie
Old 04-02-2002, 08:47 PM   #22  

Default Grace,you are an inspiration , You made me see I cando this!

Grace ,
I dont even know what to tell you that can make you feel better. But just know this, first time I really decided to do this was when I checked out Bikini Bound Beach Babes. It felt like home to me. IT's ok to feel bad and down, but dont stay there too long. I have felt like you asking myself why, why cant I do this "simple" thing. But dont let it drag for 2-3 days. I had to force myself to go walking again for 60 min the next day. Eventhough I lost 0, ZERO pounds that week!!! I didnt cheat, and I exercised like a madwoman that week and I didnt lose a pound. pick yourself up and keep going . You are so much stronger than you think girl! I know you're not a quitter because you are here. That alone tells me that you are still hanging on. Tomorrow is a new day, start fresh and start with a fresh attitude. This is for #1 you.
Your motivational speech was just that, I think I must have read it at least 4 times. I know I can quit at any moment, I can go right now to my local Dunkin Donuts thats open 24 hrs, its only a mile away,or Mcd fries right now, that's nearby as well here! Just the fact that I dont get into my car right now let's me know who's really in control here ( ME, ME, ME ) not losing pounds happens,even gaining a few happens. But sticking it out for life? For you and especially health reasons? Its worth it to stick to it. I hope I'm making sense here lol . This afternoon I was about to cheat, I dont know what the **** I wanted but I wanted to eat something "bad" I opened my fridge and couldnt find anything worth it to me. I questioned why was I doing this ? Why was I wakingup early and feeling great? Why was I exercising, whenI could just be fat and not care . Well that moment lasted about a whole minute! And I almost smacked myself silly lol. I opened the fridge and grabbed my sugarfree jello and was so satisfied whew a whole 10 calories! lol Keep your chin up.
Gen
Old 04-03-2002, 07:51 AM   #23  

Gracie--Just think of lying on the beach with the sun warming every inch of your body. Think about how great it's going to feel being confident in your shorts and your bathing suit. Remember last summer? We want to kick those feelings far out into the ocean and enter the beach and TURN SOME HEADS!!
You can do it, you have done it, and you will do it! Remember, you are in control. Go for a walk, clean out a closet, but do something productive and be proud of yourself for it! Make it a GREAT day!
Old 04-04-2002, 11:14 AM   #24  

Just moving us back up to the top! WHere is everyone today?
Old 04-04-2002, 11:34 AM   #25  

Angry

Hey chickies (and Rooster),

Hope everyone is having a good week! I worry when the number of posts is so small...post soon!!!

Well, yesterday evening I sat down and wrote a thoughtful, and somewhat funny, very lengthy post...only to accidently loose it somewhere in the vast unknown of the internet!@#!$@ I was sooo mad that I gave up and just went to bed. So you all will have to miss out on the "words of wisdom" that I was willing to lay upon you. LUCKY YOU!!!

Still stuck in the diet rut...pounds not going anywhere...but I figure this is the last of the chilly weather and it can only warm up from her! That means I can get outside and really push my fat tushy to the limit with some good walking.

Gennel, how is the pedometer thing going? Still wearing it? I noticed in my Woman's Day that there is an offer for a pedometer in there with their spring walking challenge. It seemed a little pricey though. Physical therapy has only added more repetitions to the excercises they gave me and holding the positions for 10 seconds instead of five.

Grace, the jist of my lengthy message yesterday was basically that when we start to feel blue...find something to do for yourself that picks you up. A new bottle of polish in a summery color, a magazine, a good novel, a new box of hair color (that's what I have got to do soon...roots showing badly!!! ) just a little something just for you. Even just calling a girlfriend and meeting at the park with the kids to chat. SO LONG AS IT DOESN"T TAKE THE FORM OF FOOD! FOOD IS THE FEEL GOOD FIX THAT ONLY LASTS AS LONG AS IT TAKES TO EAT IT!!!

Well, I have got work to do, and afterwards a house to clean...a yard to mow... YUCK! That's the only thing bad about warmer weather...mowing!

Take care of yourselves!!
Boating
Old 04-04-2002, 12:40 PM   #26  

Default Still using Pedometer!

Hi Everyone,
Hi Boating! Well yes I still wear my pedometer since I walk in two different parks its good to use. I added 15 minutes to my walk so I'm walking 75 minutes now.IT takes me 16 min-18 min to walk a mile. Today at my daughters favorite park ,I heard this lady telling her friend that she walks at least 5 miles a day at the park because each lap is 1/2 a mile. I didnt say anything of course I just decided to check my pedometer and see how far was one lap well it wasnt 1/2 a mile it was 1/3 of a mile !
I dont count how many times I walk around the park I just let the pedometer do its job and count for me ! Today I did 4.4 miles at the park. It was ECTREMELY HOT TODAY!!!!!!!!! I know most of you have ny sympathy for me in Florida! BUt the heat can be as bad as the cold. I couldnt last walking outside in freezing weather and its the same when the sun is full blown right on top of you it seems! I drink 2-3 glasses of cold water and ice that I leave in my car. That is the only time of the day that I gulp down so much water in less than 2 min! lol The pedometer is a great idea I think. It has really pushed me to do a little more moving lately. Last week was a great big loss for me but I know this week wont be and that is ok with me. I cant expect nor do I want to be losing 4.5 lbs a week! That equals 18 lbs a month and thats crazy and totally unhealthy! So I guess my body knows best to take it easy one week after a big loss. Even if I dont have a loss I still lost inches this week! I measure once a month my: Breast,underbreast,waist,hips,thighs,arms and calves. I know my measurements when I was at goal weight a few yrs ago ,according to that I needed to lose 40 inches! So far since Feb 1st I have lost 19.5 inches so I am on my way! I dont do any exercises to specifically target a certain area. You can tone up a certain spot just by walking or low impact aerobic exercise. You will be more toned but you cant change your body's shape. I get so annoyed when I read all these advertisements promising to get you a size 25 waist! lol Or give you buns when you never had any in the first place! I'm trying (boatingmommy's) exercise to strengthen your back and help the lower tummy area. They seem to honestly work. I'm still trying to get used to the fact that Ive lost enough weight to drop 2 dress sizes in 2 months! That is harder than it seems. I took out my 13/14 and 15/16 shorts and shoved them in a garbage bag. My daughter saw one of them and remembered them exploding on me. I put them on this morning and it looked like a sac of potatoes on me. I grabbed the waist and hips and it was like 4 inches loose. I danced around the mirror and she thought I lost my mind lol. So my 11/12 's are back! Yippeeee And I rewarded myself with something else too. Something I thought were gross at one time lol, not food ! I bought thongs, yes say it thongs ladies lol . The only way my hubby can explain how proud he is , is by what he told me ! He said " I feel like I'm having an affair with another woman but its you! " I feel different and act different and he's mentioned that to me. A new me is coming out , the me thats been hidden deep inside. That totally me girl will be here by July and after that I'm totaly dedicating myself to the GYM 4-5 times a week to tone and firm the " Me thats always been there" Well I think I posted enough for 3 people ! Grace , come back. You've come a long way,dont let it end there.

Gen
2/1/02 194 lbs
3/30/02 171 lbs

Goal 125-135 lbs
Old 04-04-2002, 12:47 PM   #27  

Default Let me correct something!

I mentioned that aerobics or walking can tone up a certain area . I meant to say that aerobics or walking can make you lose inches from head to toe and firm you up too. You might not see results in 4 weeks but trust me its working . And will probably first notice it in how a certain outfit looks on you now.

Gen
Old 04-04-2002, 02:18 PM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry Back From Vegas

Hi Ladies--I just got back from Las Vegas this a.m.--My wife and I went there and met up with my son and his friends (my boy's 21 B-Day) We didn't hang out with them--their hours of life are WAY different than mine--imagine that--HA!--We left on Tues., I posted but obviously it didn't go through.
We had a great time and only gambled away $30!! Of course buying drinks, dinner and lunch for my sons' group was a small fortune, but alot of fun. We spent some time in the Venetian-- what an awesome place!!
Had a great Easter service with my family although the kids left after church for- son to Vegas- daughter to school-step-D in Scotland that day I think, she will be back to USA this week-end.
Well Gennel you are doing awesome and Boating- rock solid as ever-- Gracie dear just don't give up even if there are set-backs -- There is no way every day is going to be 100% perfect-- you just have to take one day at a time-- each day is a chance to start over!! Later-you good looking Ladies-Gary
Old 04-04-2002, 10:07 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 249/243/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Mother's Day challenge

Weight loss for Mother's Day challenge 3#! Feeling good about getting back on the wagon. I think having a little time to get in touch with myself did me some good.
I hear about everyone's woes with the warm/hot weather and I can only dream. We had such a wonderful winter, but the weather is the same in April as it was in January, and it's getting a little old. Although, Gennel, I have to admit you're right about exercising in the heat. It can be exhausting. I enjoy going out on a cold day, all bundled up, and I can shed a scarf or gloves as I generate heat. When it's hot out, there's only so much you can take off! Gracie, I hope you're feeling more up. Those @%$*! blues can be a b----. I know I was feeling pretty dumpy - and for no good reason. It's really hard to get enthused about doing anything to get out of it. I usually figure exercise will do it , although this last time it was just the opposite..relaxing, reading. You've done such a great job with your weight loss..look at old pictures, maybe that will remind you of how far you've come.
Boating...are we weighing in on Thursdays? I wasn't sure so I did. Can't wait to see how everyone is doing.
Busy day tomorrow, but will try to post on Saturday.
Old 04-06-2002, 09:48 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 249/243/150

Height: 5'3"

Default GOOD MORNING!

Hey you all! Where are you? I guess that's what I like about this bunch--we're all busy with life. I got up early this morning and went hiking with the dog. It was great! It's about 35 degrees here, but very sunny and no wind. I just soaked up all that sun (through the face and hands, since that's all that was exposed). It's good for the dog to go hiking too, and he loves it. He's sort of my conscience...he doesn't let me get too lazy. If I don't have the ambition to do it for myself, I look into those big brown eyes and I know I have to do it for him. Had family time last night. It was wonderful. The children are grown now and have lives of their own, so it's harder to get everyone in one place at one time, but when we do it's great. Well, I've had my cup of coffee, so it's time to start the day. A messy house beckons me.
Closed Thread