Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 09:58 AM   #31  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Good Morning!!! Hope all are doing well. Time to weigh and post so that I can put it on the chart. So far the Chart looks like this:

3/30/02
Trace....Goal 10 pounds....
Angel....Goal 8 pounds.....
Gennel...Goal 9 pounds.....4.5 lost
TryN....Goal 6 pounds.....
Wisconsin....Goal 12 pounds....
Boating....Goal 10 pounds....2. lost

Let me know it I made any goofs.

Soooo..... let me know! Gotta go....it's so nice outside!!!
Boating
Old 04-07-2002, 07:59 PM   #32  

Default Ok , no one has posted!

I've checked in here for like 2 days and no new posts???
What's up everybody! Well this week went well. I walked 5 miles for the first time at the park this past week! It took me 90 min. I wasnt tired just thirsty so I drank ALOT of water as soon as I got in my car! lol I went" window shopping" for clothes today. I found some great outfits. I was so tempted to buy a pair of 7/8 Capri's to save them for July. I know I should wait but I reeeeeally liked this pair! lol I just bought a lemon colored halter top, which is totally not me! But it looked too good on me to let it pass. Its a nice crochet style. Well hubby really loved it. Anyway I better get going! Kids go back to school tomorrow!

194/170/135
Gen
Old 04-07-2002, 08:50 PM   #33  
Beach Bound Babe

Hey everyone! Whew! Hope you had a good weekend. Mine went fast...I spent the entire time Spring Cleaning! This is the first time I have had a chance to sit down. Tomorrow is the city's lage pickup dayso I spent the whole weekend cleaning two bedrooms and the garage. How can two people accumulate so much junk? It feels good though, to get it out of here! I wish they would have another day next month so I can clean the basement. I thought it was time to simplify my life and get rid of all the excess...sounds like the weight thing too.

When are we weighing in? I forget...is it Thursdays? I Will weigh in the morning and let you know, Boating about where I am so far. I am so behind on everything!

I bought a pedometer last week, haven't set it up though. I will tomorrow during some free time at work. I am looking forward to walking everyday!

Gen- I know how you feel when you wanted those capris...I did the same thing last weekend. I bought a whole bunch (5 pairs) of shorts without even trying them on. I have no idea what I was thinking at that moment. I bought "larges" instead of extra larges! I was so scared to try them on after I got home I didn't have guts until today. I though there was no way I would even get them over my hips...and guess what! I could! They are a little snug across the rump...but I definitely think doable by June and the beach! I was so relieved!

Well- I should go. I have to get in bed...this time change will really through me for a loop in the morning. Take care eveyone and talk to you soon.

HANG IN THERE AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Trace
Old 04-08-2002, 09:46 AM   #34  

Default Weighing In

Good morning!!! Weekend's over! Back to a week of work. I am trying to get my act together and be supermotivated to get caught up on some things that I have let slide.

Trace, we are getting ready for a huge town wide yard sale at the end of the month. I have got to get upstairs and go through the junk!!! I took three bags of clothes to the clothing pantry last week. Now I have room for more SKINNIER clothes.
It is nice to get things straightened up. If the new camper would get here I could get the piles of bedding and junk out of my laundry room, and that would be LOTS better. Have to turn sideways to get through there. You wouldn't believe the amount of junk you can put in a camper that you think you have to have. Half of it you keep for that once a year when you use it.

Well, I am going to have to do video aerobics today. It is raining. I was mostly good this weekend. Drank a few too many Bud Lights on Saturday, but wasn't hanging in the morning, which is good cause then I want to eat everything to get over the hangover. Got in my friends hot tub (at two in the morning, with my husband and another couple). It was very dark, but at least I didn't feel so fat that I wouldn't get in. HOW RELAXING! After that my body was jelly. We went to bed when the sun was coming up! Haven't done that in years. It's fun to get together with high school friends and talk..talk...talk.

Well, everyone have a good day!
Boating
Old 04-08-2002, 09:49 AM   #35  

Default Oops, I forgot!

I forgot...We are weighing on Saturdays!!! So weigh in and get me your losses. I will post the chart maybe tomorrow night if I hear from some more people.

Boating
Old 04-08-2002, 10:41 AM   #36  

Default My loss for the week

Boating , I dont know if you got my PM the other day about this week's weigh in for me. I lost 1 lb this week. I cant wait to see what the scale from **** says this saturday! lol

Gen
Old 04-08-2002, 05:13 PM   #37  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink Hello...I'm back.....

Hi Everyone. I've just spent awhile getting caught up.....so many posts to read. So nice to see everyone again.

I just returned from a weeks holidays on the coast of Georgia. It was absolutely gorgeous!!! And yes, even though I used spf 45....I still got a really bad burn. Easter came and went terribly, I couldn't keep out of the bunnies but the next day, I left for the week and left those darn things behind. Even the boys, have forgotten about them, (I must toss them out or I'll be nibbling them again) I tried my best to stay on points, but at times I know I went over. Today is my first day back to journaling, and so far so good. Glad to be back!!
Old 04-09-2002, 08:50 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 249/243/150

Height: 5'3"

Just checking in to say hello. Boating..I PM'd you my weight loss for last week (3#)..then again I've already gained one back so maybe just make it 2#. I joined weight watchers this week. We weigh in on Monday, so I'll probably be a little late on my weigh ins. I hate to depend on my scale, so I usually use the one at work, but I would prefer to depend on one scale. It's been rainy and dreary for the past few days. They say this week will be better. I hope so. I can't wait to get out on my bike. I have some shopping to do today. That's always fun, but not exactly aerobic. Angel - sounds like you had a great time..a little fun in the sun. Then again, North Carolina isn't exactly the frozen tundra!
Old 04-09-2002, 04:21 PM   #39  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default Hey Everyone!

Thanks everyone for the nice encouraging posts!! It really makes a difference... thanks to you all I'm not in a "slump" anymore, but I'm not really interested in running. I'm sick of it!!!! I don't have a tv so I can't do my workout videos... I can't really afford to go to the gym... Anyone have any advice? Does walking really do it for you all? Do you break into a sweat? How long do you walk for?

I think I'm just getting lazy. Someone please remind me how wonderful it will feel to lose weight???? And how worth it is it to work your butt off??? PLEASE??

Dh and I are still talking about visiting Cali and Disneyland (yeah!) but we don't know if we can afford it after the wedding and honeymoon. But I wouldn't mind losing 20 or so pounds by then!!

OH... Boating Mommy... I'm not sure if I should PM you or not... I want to lose 6 pounds by mother's day!!!!

Ok thats all for today! I hope this works!!
Old 04-09-2002, 07:51 PM   #40  

Default Walking does Work Grace!

Grace,
All I do is walk, walk walk. I walked 3 miles a day. Which took me an hour ,so that means I was walking 3MPH . Which is a good steady pace to keep. I do break into a sweat.After about 20 min, When I get home is when I see how much sweat ! The back of my waist has a huge wet spot, in between my boobs ,in my back and neck too. lol
Ive gotten so comfortable walking 3 miles a day that I now walk 4.5 to 5 miles a day which is80- 90 min. I walk Sun- Fri. Walking is half the reason why Ive lost so much weight so far. And especially so many inches off! Dont go walking on an empty stomach! Ieat breakfast at 8 am and I'm walking at 9 am. IT gets your metabolism going. I added 2 workout nights of Tae Bo , I know you mentioned no TV . I decided to try the Advanced Tae Bo , oh what insane idiot I am! lol Well its 1 hour long! Half is aerobics (really fast!) then the last 30 min you do stomach burning and extremely difficult stomach exercises! I only do 35 min. I think the 4.5 miles I do and 30 min Tae bo is more than enough! Walking is great . I checked calories burned walking 3MPH 90 and its 505 cal, and 30min aerobics is approx 270 cal .
That's over half the calories Ieat a day! So it must work. I'll let you know how I do this week since adding more walking.

Gen
Old 04-09-2002, 10:15 PM   #41  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink WALK-WALK-WALK!!!!

Hi gals-- I have been really busy trying to catch up home business after being gone most of the week in Las Vegas and at my DD college.
GRACE--- GEN is RIGHT walking is great exercise-- especially if it is the only exercise you can do. It is free [no gym fees] and not as hard on the knees and body as jogging or running-- some people are born runners, some can become good at it through practice like my son and wife--and others like me it doesn't work well for [ I have bad knees--past injuries-severed A.C.L. and torn A.C.L. as a youth--although with 60 thousand worth of surgeries my knees are great now]
My wife and I have been in 5K's to MARATHONS walking-- we can walk 26.2 miles in 5hrs.43min. that is 13 min. miles for 26 miles--- so you can BURN off calories!!! There are alot of advantages to walking when you go with a partner such as my wife and I together-- or you join a club for pleasure walking or training-- we have several in our area of California-- my wife and I have a great time many Sat. mornings going to a 3.1 mile race just after the sun comes up--sometimes with 100 people sometimes with several thousand.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:27 PM   #42  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink WALK-WALK-WALK-2

How do you gals get to write longer messages? Mine always says too long--- Any way ladies that know will tell you walking is great exercise-- you will NOT burn off calories as fast HOWEVER you also have less chance of injury and more of a chance to input it into your daily LIFESTYLE CHANGE--try varied locations so you don't get bored-- here we can walk the neighborhood one day-the beach the next--mountain trails or an ecological reserve all within 10 miles of my home. OH and the MALL-HA! My wife gets alot of exercise there-- especially if she is DRAGGING me!!!
Well gotta do laundry from my trips-- my wife is at step-D softball practice [she is home from Europe with alot of stories]
son is sleeping on the couch with a severely sprained ankle from the high jump--do not know yet if he can compete this week-end--at least it is not his take-off foot--my daughter did very well in her tennis match this last week-end for her but the team still lost-
Well Ladies have great success at your individual programs.

YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF LOOOOSERS!!!!! Gary
Old 04-10-2002, 08:29 AM   #43  

Default Mother's Day Challenge

Good morning ladies and gent! Here is the updated chart:

Boating Goal 10.....Lost 1.5
Gennel Goal 9.......Lost 5.5
TryN Goal 6.......no post
Angel Goal 8.......no post
Wisconsin Goal 12.....Lost 2
Trace Goal 10.....Lost 1

Gennel, you are the BIGGEST LOOSER!!! And I mean that with all my heart!

Well, it sounds like everyone has had a pretty interesting weekend and what-not. Angel, I am very jealous about your trip. I would just love to leave the state of Illinois for once. Sun burns are no fun though. I am pasty white and tend to spend the first couple of weeks a little toasted and I use 45 or 50 SPF too! I bought a floppy hat last year to wear when we are just sitting on the boat in the middle of the lake. Had to fish is out of the water a couple of times cause I forgot to take it off when we got to moving.

Grace, it was great to hear from you!! I agree with everyone, walking is the way to go. My back DR. has even told me so lately. If you walk with your head up, back straight, and tummy pulled in with arms bent and pumping, you effectively work your entire body. AND it is way easier on your body than running, aerobics, ....just make sure you have good shoes. I said good shoes....not expensive. I wear a pair of tennis shoes from Wally World (a.k.a. Wal Mart). I didn't want to walk in my good NIKEs and get them messed up so I found a good pair of cheepos. They do the trick and didn't cost me 60 plus dollars.

Gennel, I think you were right last week. I ate a little fat over the weekend and didn't work out as hard. Then I started up again on Monday. Jumped on the scale again this morning and saw a couple pound loss. Can't wait to see where I am at on Saturday!!! Sure would like to be past the 170s into the 160s! Maybe my bod was just stuck in a rut and needed a little change.

Well, I have got to go drag the almost 4 year old out of bed! Talk to you later!!!!

Boating
Old 04-10-2002, 08:37 AM   #44  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Angry Morning......

Hi Everyone. Just checking in, sorry my weigh in isn't until Sat am and since I was away last week; I'm not really sure where I stand yet. I was pretty cautious while away, and tried to stay within my pts. (have to admit, while at the beach and having a good time I did my pts in my head......)
Congratulations to all the Losers so far!!!And Gennel?.....YOU GO GIRL!!!

Today is another day, so for all of you.....not sure if you're on plan, just start again. Out with the old, no guilt and begin anew!!
So far, since coming back from Georgia......I'm okay, so I'll just keep what I'm doing. Have a great day!!
Old 04-10-2002, 11:15 AM   #45  
Beach Bound Babe

Angry Hello Everyone!

It is great to hear from everyone! I really love reading everyones posts. It is great to see you posting and glad to see everyone is in better spirits! Keep up the great work everyone!

The weather is beautiful here today...it has finally stopped raining! I can't wait to get out and walk tonight! Shooting for three miles with my new pedometer!

Take care! Trace
Closed Thread