Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 05:20 PM   #31  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 6, I think ...

Not sure about the number but I'll look it up later. Anyway, I'm hoping to stop eating at my present 1770 calories; exercise was an hour's cautious fitness walk, rather fast; p.m. exercise will be just a short walk.

Everybunny is rabbiting right along with Joshie's Mommy & Momto2Boys having reported losses. WOO-HOO!!! (I love to say that.)

Need to hop on out of here. Old Dog is demanding a walk!

Crone - lose 10, 10 to go
Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Babette - lose 5, 5 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Angel-Eyes - lose 5, 5 to go
Momto2Boys - lose 4, 3.5 to go
Joshie's Mommy - lose 7, 4 to go
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go
Old 03-22-2002, 07:01 PM   #32  

Thanks for the WOO HOO crone.....as little as that half pound was that I reported I do feel alright with it.....I was actually impressed that I had lost anything considering I have been slacking off pretty bad.....

I am slowly feeling better.....I cough a little and my throat is driving me nuts now being itchy....but I dont have that congested headache like I did and I am not feeling quite so miserable.....hoping anyone else who caught this horrible cold/flu that was out there is feeling better as well......take care all....LisaL
Old 03-23-2002, 01:26 PM   #33  

Hey girls....how are ya'll doing? I just wanted to say a quick hello and bump us up some....we were headed to the bottom of the page.....cant have that!!!

Jesse is gone to friends house for some play time and Kail just fell asleep for nap time which means I head for the shower.....ha ha.....take care all....LisaL
Old 03-23-2002, 03:24 PM   #34  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking finally ....drum roll......I did it!!!

Hi everyone!!! Yes...you heard right...I finally did it!!! After 9 weeks of weight watchers...(and pondering my existance) I have finally lost 10 lbs....count'em....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and that last hard one for10!!!!

Gosh you know, my expectations were a little higher than that, but at todays meeting there was a client who has lost 97 lbs. When we were discussing her success; she started to relate that it has taken her over 2 years to do this incredible journey. And that rather than get frustrated (as we all do) as she was graphing her losses, she started to notice that she never really had any large amounts. It was always 1 lb, or a bit of a gain or 2 lbs max lost.

And actually, more important was the fact that usually she only lost 2 out of the 4 weeks in a month, sometimes 3 but NEVER EVERY WEEK. So rather than get discouraged...she felt at peace that her body knew what was best, and that slow and steady she would shed the pounds. Isn't that interesting? So here I am, listening to her and could identify EXACTLY TO WHAT SHE WAS SAYING!! I was discussing this very fact just before the meeting started with another client, who in the same time period has lost 16lbs.(her dh has lost 24 lbs) so you see..... WE ARE ALL UNIQUE AND AS INDIVIDUAL AS THE PROGRAM CAN BE!!! I am so glad to have heard her, and I know I will be frustrated from time to time....know that I can do this....and just have to get used to my body knowing what is right. (HA!!...A LIGHTBULB MOMENT, as Oprah would say)
Old 03-23-2002, 09:23 PM   #35  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 7

"Hi everyone!!! Yes...you heard right...I finally did it!!! After 9 weeks of weight watchers...(and pondering my existance) I have finally lost 10 lbs....count'em....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and that last hard one for 10!!!!" — Angel-Eyes

Hoppy Saturday Bunnies! I just felt like repeating the above from Angel-Eyes.WTG ANGEL-EYES!!!!

Here's what I'm coming up with as of now for the bunny challenge. Please update at your pleasure!
Crone - lose 10, 10 to go
Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Angel-Eyes - lose 5, 4 to go
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

Maybe I'll have good news tomorrow, too! I so agree with you Angel-Eyes, slow and steady is the way I lost the weight in the first place, but everyone is an individual and our bodies adapt differently. The important thing is to never give up and to lose the weight in a healthy manner with a plan such as WW or other.
Old 03-24-2002, 09:01 AM   #36  

Good morning all!

WTG, Angel! And a great big WHOO-HOO to you!!!

Ladies...I need your help! After my grandfather's funeral yesterday we had a small family reception at a local restauraunt & my thoughtful & loving family decided it would be a great idea to send all the leftovers home with me. So right now there is a big plate of sandwiches and a pizza up in my refrigerator just calling out my name...I already went overboard yesterday & don't want to do the same again today...so I came here to check in so that you guys can help me stay accountable!

My goal for the day:
I will eat only those foods that are good for my body, in only the amounts that are good for my body.

I'll check in later & let you know how I'm doing!

Staci
Old 03-24-2002, 09:19 AM   #37  

Hello all...I'm back!

I was just browsing through another board I read sometimes and found something I wanted to share with you all, I hadn't seen it before and thought it was cute. Fat Theology
-------------
And God populated the earth with broccoli and cauliflower and
spinach, green and yellow vegetable of all kinds, so Man and
Woman would live long and healthy lives.

And Satan created McDonald's. And McDonald's brought forth the
99-cent double-cheeseburger. And Satan said to Man, "You want
fries with that?"

And Man said, "Super size them." And Man gained pounds.

And God created the healthful yogurt, that woman might keep her
figure that man found so fair.

And Satan brought forth chocolate. And woman gained pounds.

And God said, "Try my crispy fresh salad."

And Satan brought forth ice cream. And woman gained pounds.

And God said, "I have sent your heart healthy vegetables and
olive oil with which to cook them."

And Satan brought forth chicken-fried steak so big it needed
its own platter.

And Man gained pounds and his bad cholesterol went through the
roof.

And God brought forth running shoes and Man resolved to lose
those extra pounds.

And Satan brought forth cable TV with remote control so Man
would not have to toil to change channels between ESPN and
ESPN2.

And Man gained pounds.

And God said, "You're running up the score, Devil."

And God brought forth the potato, a vegetable naturally low in
fat and brimming with nutrition.

And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy
center into chips and deep-fat fried them. And he created sour
cream dip also.

And Man clutched his remote control and ate the potato chips
swaddled in cholesterol.

And Satan saw and said, "It is good."

And Man went into cardiac arrest.

And God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.

And Satan created HMOs.

Author Unknown

Anyway that's all, just wanted to pass it along.

Staci
Old 03-24-2002, 10:48 AM   #38  
Empress/Queen

Joshie's Mommy: The theology made my day. I'm posting that on the fridge and also forwarding to a bunch of people. Thanks.

For what it's worth, my advice on the leftovers is to chuck them. It is NOT a sin to waste food if it negatively impacts your health. That food will likewise NOT help anyone in the world who lacks food. You are not able to send it to them but you could make a donation to some organization that does fight hunger. Some of it COULD maybe be donated to a local foodbank or even shared with a neighbor's family. Just do not eat it. If your family members object to the food going out the door so soon after it came in, tell them they can keep it or eat it, but they are responsible for keeping it out of your sight.

Just get rid of the extra food and stay on program!

I'll be back after my weigh-in!

I'm back! Down 5 pounds. That's a lot for me, but I know most is water, etc. But I'll take it. Woo-Hoo for me!

Off to do laundry and toast the Skinny Bunny Crone with slimfast!

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

Last edited by Amarantha2; 03-24-2002 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-24-2002, 12:26 PM   #39  
Domestic Engineer

I agree with crone, Staci-- just throw it away. Last year on my birthday I had friends bring be dounuts and haagan daas ice-cream. I took a bite of the ice-cream, but threw the rest out. I thought I'd be guilt-stricken, but it really was empowering instead. You don't need it or want it... I like the suggestion of a donation to a charity or food bank.

Great job on the weigh-in Crone!! I actually forgot this morning, but yesterday it was 3 so I will go with that. I highly doubt I will reach 10 or even come close. We leave Wednesday night for a week and a half so my routine and eating will be rattled a bit. I will try though

Have a great day

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go
Old 03-24-2002, 04:43 PM   #40  
One day at a time

Default HELLO SUNNY BUNNIES

Hi all

just wanted to pop in and post a loss of 2.5lbs. That's good for me I'm almost down to my lowest i've been in 13 years, just a few more pounds. But plan on surpassing that mark.

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 2.5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

staci- just do it, get rid of that food. You know the saying out of sight out of mind. well out of house is a much better saying.

sheila
Old 03-25-2002, 04:11 PM   #41  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 8

Hello, Raring' to Go Rabbits and Skinny Sunny Bunnies!!!

I'm still streaking towards Bunny Day and doing well and note everybunny here is doing the same.

WOO-HOO & CONGRATULATIONS TO SHEILA FOR PARTING COMPANY WITH 2.5 POUNDS FOREVER ... AND NEARING HER LOWEST WEIGHT IN 13 YEARS (WITH NO END IN SIGHT).

One more time:

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

Got to hop away now, bunnies! Have a great rest of the day.
Old 03-26-2002, 09:35 AM   #42  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking ahem....

Hi Ladies....GOOD MORNING!!! Here I am reading all the posts, when I noticed my weight loss wasn't correct!!! It suddenly jumped right out at me. So, I thought hey?...I better correct this as our big EASTER DATE....is swiftly approaching!!One more time:

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Angel-Eyes - lose 5, 3 to go
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

All you bunnies, better get hopping.....I hope to meet Peter Cottontail down the bunny trail!!! Have a great day!!
Old 03-26-2002, 11:20 AM   #43  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 9

Thanks for posting the correction, Angel-Eyes!!! You are very close to your Easter goal. WTG!!!

I finished yesterday with 1675 calories; exercise was a 20-minute walk a.m., 60 minutes of Leslie Sansone p.m., still very cautiously exercising.

I'm thinking of doing an Earth Day weight challenge after Easter. Not planning, just thinking about it! Feeling awfully blah today but no desire to overeat, which is good.

One more time:

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

Old 03-26-2002, 11:28 AM   #44  

Good morning all.....glad to hear your doing well Angel.....and close to your goal for the challenge....I will cut it close again.....but anything is better than nothing right.....???LOL

Well, I took Kail to the ear nose throat doctor that my sister works for which is about 80 minutes away.....and he will be doing the surgery of removing Kails adnoids.....he also said with the problems we have had with his ear infections not reacting well to meds....that he wants to put tubes in his ears as well.....so I was pleased to hear that someone was willing to do something to try and better him.....he goes in April 5 and we will be there overnight so they can make sure he doesnt have any extra bleeding.....he also wants Kail to have his hearing tested by an audiologist the day before surgery to make sure the infections had harmed his hearing.....because he is not saying too many words right now.....he tends to grunt more than anything.....but I am hopeful.....

I have another .5 lb loss to report....so I have 3 more lbs to my mini goal.....

Crone...count me in for the next challenge...should you post it.....I have my 10yr class reunion coming up in June and I HAVE TO LOOK GOOD to show them that I have not given up on myself....ha ha....and to see who I look better than......LOL

Ok...well Kail needs his meds.....another darn ear infection....I will be so thrilled if the removal of adnoids and tubes in will give us a break......I wish you all the best and hope your having a great day.......take care....LisaL
Old 03-26-2002, 11:29 AM   #45  

Default Sorry...forgot to update

Here is another update.....

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Momto2Boys - lose 4, 3 to go
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go