Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #46  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciliciaclark View Post
........... But I feel that I don’t have a right to say anything because I don’t have my self together yet.
HELLLL-O! None of us are "together" yet...if we were we wouldn't BE HERE!! WELCOME and join in!!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Ciliciaclark-WELCOME!! Join us!

Sounds like everybody is getting back on track and doing great!

I'm still holding steady for right now. We just got back from shopping and using those gift cards that were given to us by my mom Tuesday night. I had a bit of a surprise when we got to Old Navy. An XXL is now almost too big. I can remember a time when it was too tight especially if I accidentally put it in the dryer. But since all I bought was 100 percent cotton shirts that are very thin to help with our hot summers we have here, I still stuck with XXLs so that way when I put them in the dryer to help retain some of their shape they won't be tooo tight afterwards like an XL would be probably since I've already done that to some of my 100 percent cotton shirts that are XLs. It was nice though realizing that I have made SOME progress. Hubby was not happy though with his buys size wise. He had to go up a size or two in some of the stuff he bought even to an XL because of his belly. When we ate at the food court tonight, he usually eats at Panda Express there and gets a very large combo meal and tonight he only got the small combo bowl instead. I was good and ate at home first to help save on money primarily. Hopefully I'll get some more gift cards at Christmas time for clothes since by then I will need some more.

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 06-12-2008 at 10:53 PM.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #48  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
I like this NEW KID!
You would

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciliciaclark View Post
Just stop by to read the hot post and discover that I need a support group like this one You guys are awesome I’m new and weak right now I haven’t started a plan yet. I just know that I want to lose 33lb. But I feel that I don’t have a right to say anything because I don’t have my self together yet.
Here in this thread we are taking it five pounds at a time. Anybody can lose five pounds, right? Look around the site, read lots of posts, and you'll find a plan that sounds right for you. Then you just try it and see how it fits! Welcome.

Brit, congrats on the smaller size! That is a great feeling.

I drank a glass of wine tonight that wasn't planned for, because the branch manager of one of the library branches I teach at asked me to go out after work. It was a smart move politically, and I am still within my calories for the day, so I think I'm all right. Still avoiding the scale, though.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #49  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

CAROLINE any time you "wine" for political reasons it is a good thing!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #50  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat Trick View Post
Hey tara -- is the '30 day shred' the workout by Jillian Michaels? I'd love to know what you think about it and how it is; I was contemplating getting that myself. Jackie whats-her-name? from Bravo's 'Workout' has a new DVD out too. Have to check it out. Am looking for new workouts for the summer that I can do in a short amt of time but still provide a good butt-kicking!
Today was my 3rd day and I strongly recommend it! I love it! It sure is a good butt-kicking!
I have been doing TransFirmation for about 2 months now and thought this was going to be easy. I'm doing Level 1 and sweat literally rolls down my face by the first 10 minute! Jillian really pushes you but I like it because it keep me going. 30 minute FLIES so fast that you can't believe it's been 30 minutes.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:35 AM   #51  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Hmm ... maybe I'll check the library for the shred video. Do you need lots of equipment?

I am doing well with workouts and staying on plan. I am happy to say that my weight was 132.4 this morning, which is 0.2 away from the second five pounds! I am getting closer and closer to goal.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #52  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Scale remained the same this week. I did end up eating off plan -- power outage from 6:00p.m Wed night till 4:00a.m. Thurs a.m. (um, when you lose the lights for a long time, remember to turn off things like the tv, music, LIGHTS, etc. cause when they come back on in the wee hours --- MAN are they loud!!! ). Anyway, ordered pizza Wed night and had 2 slices, had pasta (not much though) and one piece of Italian bread Thurs. It was my daughter HS graduation and we ate at 4:00p.m. but didn't get home until nearly 10:00p.m. and I was starving and had 1 babybel cheese round and a 6 pack of toastchee crackers. That was ok, but did I really need the 4 FigNewtons?? Kicked butt w/the exercise this week and have wts. to do tomorrow. Was kind of surprised the scale didn't go up actually. We're going out to dinner Sat. night for graduation celebration to an Italian place; I looked up the menu and am going w/the chicken marsala. Yum!! Graduation went very well -- well, except for the part where we where uber early to get the bleacher seats in the shade then realized as we pulled into the parking lot that NO ONE (um, no one ELSE) remember to bring the tickets. We managed to still get shaded seats but up in the nosebleed section. Ah well. It's official, the party is in two weeks. She is beyond excited. Hope everyone else is doing well. Thanks for the '30 Day Shred' info Tara; I'll be ebaying and amazoning to get a deal on it.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:19 PM   #53  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
I like this NEW KID!
Me too

Just a quick fly-in to say hello. Still crazy busy with end-of-school-year at work. Next week should be back to normal (well relatively anyway).

Two nights of eating out this week for work functions, I'm hoping to hold my weight stable for this week. Tomorrow is weigh-in

Let's stay strong through the weekend!

Welcome to our newbies - glad you can join us!!!

Have a GREAT weekend all!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:32 AM   #54  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Hmm, I knew I should have waited one more day to weigh in. The scale was down 1 lb this a.m. brining my total to 18 lbs. I'm at my half-weigh mark!! Eating out tonight, tomorrow is Dad's day (my brother is making homemade meatballs for MB sandwiches) there w/be homemade cake, Tues is my son's b-day. Already am being tempted by my homemade chocolate cake w/chocolate icing that he has requested for his birthday cake. Am off to do my strength stuff then rousing the sleepy-heads to get them moving. Am doing my best to stay OP; hope we all survive these summer parties w/out blowing everything we've worked so hard for!!! Have a great weekend all.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:55 AM   #55  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Just a quick check in before the family takes off for a 10K Mud Run...

Angie's teacher end of the year party/happy hour last night....need I say more...nope!

Too much food...too much beer...weighed in at 177 even this morning...the highest I have been in several weeks...dang!

Hope you all are having better luck/successes thean your coach!!

Have a great week-end!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:28 AM   #56  

Hattrick- for you!

EZMONEY- Get back on the wagon!! You can do it.

I'm up fairly early for a Saturday but the dog woke me up and wouldn't let me go back to sleep. Oh well I do need to be getting up earlier than what I usually do anyways to stick to my schedule during the week from now on. I'm still holding steady at 207.6 but hopefully that will change later this week due to the fact my treadmill is completely clear of junk and there is no junk around it either now and all the junk has been sold/or donated yesterday. I don't know about the rest of you but if I can't exercise sometimes I have the attitude that if I can't exercise then I shouldn't be OP 100 percent. I just realized that within the last 3 days when my treadmill was inaccessible and it being too plain hot to walk outside. It was difficult but I've been doing well on that front staying OP. I'm dreading getting my electricity bill that's coming soon to say the least.

Have a great weekend and stay cool everybody!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #57  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

A beautiful day here in Northern MI.
Weight is back down after two days of eating out for work functions.
133.2 this morning (only 1.2 more to go for the second round of this challenge)

EZ - MODERATION is the key word for the week. C'mon - you can do this!!!!

brit :clap: staying OP when it is hot is hard for me - I hope it is cooler today for you!

Hat Trick - CONGRATS! Stay strong around that cake!!!

thistoo - as long as you stayed in your calorie range, you should be fine. Wine is a regular part of my plan

cilicia - EZ is right - don't hesitate to post - we are ALL learning and progressing along this journey together. The cool part - when one of us has a bad day, there are several folk that come along and say just the right thing to help us get back on track. C'mon along for the ride - what have you got to lose? Except maybe 5 lbs.

Have a great weekend all! I'm off to get some cleaning done.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:58 AM   #58  

Counting Down-Unfortunately no it was not cooler here today and I doubt it will be until October probably! These summer months make me long and make me wish we had a summer home in the mountains in Colorado or for nice and LONG vacations in northern states.

Got a bit of good news which will help reduce my stress hopefully and therefore my temptation to eat emotionally. My religious faith/God has yet again hopefully provided for us financially. I just was informed of a job opening that I've been very interested in for the past 4 months or so and it would be being a teacher's aide at my old elementary school hehe.. which would be good experience for me too I think considering I want to be a teacher and I could go to night school instead as well. So Monday I will be calling to see about how to go about starting the application process.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:42 AM   #59  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

as you may or may not have noticed i weigh myself at regular intervals. so i do the last time i weighed in i was a 177 which was a couple of weeks ago and now i am at 174. first 5 gone finally now it is time for the next 5 down to 169.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #60  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

AWESOME.... mrsaugie!

SCOOTER MAMA ~ I do have a moderation problem, at times, with liquids ...as far as the food goes...this past week the portion sizes have been pretty decent...the BIG problem is the high calorie foods I have had. Yesterday we had tri-tip sandwiches and chips after the race for lunch and becuase we were exhausted I made hot dogs...high calorie Nathan's, and chips for dinner...I would have had more tri-tip but it went fast...we have 2 killer recipes for tri-tip...yum-o...as RACHAEL says!

Great news BRIT! I hope the job comes together for you perfectly! Now go get on that treadmill and celebrate!

HAT TRICK those meatball sandwiches sound great! Enjoy the day(s) with those men!

Need to get ready for church......

HELLO TO ALL OF YOU! HAVE A GREAT DAY!