Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:50 AM   #31  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPaula View Post
hi guys
up to 203.8. i want to scream.
this is day 3 on plan in a big way, done weights, been at work for 2 days straight and im a sales consultant with no sitting down allowed!!
i want to cry
Aaah Paula -- I've BTDT and I have NO IDEA WHY when one is completley OP and exercising and doing everything right the scale not only doesn't cooperate, it goes in the bloody wrong direction!! It's so aggravating I know. Then sometimes I get so frustrated at it all I go OFF PLAN and low and behold, the scale will do down. Now, I KNOW it's not because I'm eating off plan but maybe my body is like 'Oh, you're really just cutting cals not starving me? Ok, I'll let go a little weight'.

My thoughts on the scale going up for you and your lack of, ahem, BMs , may be related. Don't know the cause of your um, slowdown, but I find that good, strong coffee on an empty stomache works wonders. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
Brit, how was the BBQ?

But TOM started this morning (a week early),

Thistoo -- Thank GOD I'm not alone on this one! Mine came a week and a half early too -- Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Just one more thing we gals have to put up with I guess.

So far, so good as for staying OP and exercising. Tomorrow is my kids last day of school and graduation is tomorrow night. I can't believe my oldest is actually nearly 18. Where the heck did that time go??

I feel that I'm at a critical crossroads in my wt loss. I've never gotten below where I am now (ok, I did weigh 150 for 1 1/2 hrs. back in December of '05 but . . . ) and my clothes feel really good, I look better, I'm on a great routine --- which is going to end after tomorrow so I have to find a new routine as far as exercise goes. I WILL figure it out though. I just hope I can break through my current weight range and actually get into and stay in the 140's over the summer. I haven't weighed less than I am right now in 15 years!!! Good Lord, why do we do this to ourselves? Wouldn't it have been easier to just NOT have eaten like a moo cow and NOT gained the weight in the first place?? Oy.

Last edited by Hat Trick; 06-11-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:26 PM   #32  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

dya know what people! i had a couple slices pizza last night, and im having a couple tonight to...

i think i may have been eating too few cals.. as my weight had gone down 0.2 today even with water retention from the pizza!

so im gonna do that and then go back to 1600 cals a day again.. it cant hurt to shake things up right?
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Nope Paula it doesn't hurt to shake things up. I think some of the members on here do calorie zig zagging to help.

Thistoo and Hattrick-sorry to hear you started earlier than usual! Doesn't that just throw you off like it does me when that happens?!?!

The BBQ last night went well aside from one small thing. Hamburgers, hot dogs and sausage were served and chips with queso cheese dip and salsa. I got to my mom's house and noticed it was pretty warm inside and she informed me that the AC was broken and that they had called SEVERAL repair companies to ask when it could be repaired and they couldn't even tell them when they could get out to the house to even take a look at it. So needless to say we didn't stay as long as what we usually do since there was a ton of people there and just the body heat in general made things worse. And outside it was close to 98 degrees with a heat index of close to 102 or something like that. So it wasn't as enjoyable since I was sweating the whole time. I did get some free gift cards from my mom that she had bought for some people back in christmas but then she didn't see them so she decided to give them to me finally. I'm going shopping Sunday with my hubby for clothes at Old Navy for both of us. It is mucho needed so I'm happy and one less thing to worry about pocketbook wise.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #34  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Ooh, gift cards! That is a very nice surprise. Sorry to hear about the AC, though. I'm roasting here in TN, so I can only imagine how bad it is in TX.

Hat Trick, sorry to hear TOM snuck up on you this time too. Being a girl is certainly a hassle sometimes. Though this one time I am pretty glad for the early arrival, as six of my girlfriends are coming to town next week for a long girls' weekend, and I wasn't looking forward to being hormonal around them. Plus, this way I'll be better able to handle my calorie intake while they're here (though I'm sure it'll be up a little anyway).

Paula, I am keeping my fingers crossed that increasing your calories does the trick! It's so hard figuring out the right balance. I'm going out for pizza tonight with family, but I'm saving my calories as much as possible for the occasion. Since I'm staying off the scale this week anyway I won't get depressed about the 'pizza bloat', at least!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #35  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

still going good have not weighed in for a while so i think that is on the todo list for this weekend. will let you know how it goes. also have not been doing much exercising lately so i think i really need to get back at that. soon.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #36  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

You gals are doing much better than me! I got down again to my 5 pound goal and now, after the week-end with dinners out I am back to 3.5 down from the start here!

It seems like I gain a pound over the week-end no matter what...OK...I know why...too lazy on the eating and extra beer!

I feel like since I did so good during the week...I deserve it...WRONG!

Time to get back at it!

I made soup for work the rest of the week to go with my turkey sandwiches...that should solve the chip problem! All veggies!

Have a great day gals!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #37  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - a quick fly-by to say that I am thinking of all of you! Work and church activities have me hopping, so no time to post.

Stay strong - stay OP and we WILL kick those lbs. to the curb!!!!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:34 PM   #38  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

My mini-goal is 190..so I got about 5 lbs left. So the Guaranteed 5LB Weight Loss Attitude Adjustment is just what I need! =)

I just started a new dvd workout "30-day shred" and today was my second day. I sweat like crazy doing that 30 minute workout and love love love it. We will see after first 10 days if it helps with the mini goal.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #39  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Hey tara -- is the '30 day shred' the workout by Jillian Michaels? I'd love to know what you think about it and how it is; I was contemplating getting that myself. Jackie whats-her-name? from Bravo's 'Workout' has a new DVD out too. Have to check it out. Am looking for new workouts for the summer that I can do in a short amt of time but still provide a good butt-kicking!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:59 AM   #40  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

guess what?

i was down a pound this morning. i reckon i needed to shake it up... it appears my body gets comfortable sometimes... hmm... but it is not an excuse to go all out at a pizza buffet or something! lol

dont my gorcery shopping today, got loads of veggies...

i have a package of avocados still from last weeks shopping and i have no idea what to do with them... any ideas??!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #41  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I've got a couple of Shape's Bikini Boot Camp DVDs and they give you a pretty good workout in a short amount of time as well. I haven't tried 30 Day Shred. I should make myself get up early and do DVDs more often to supplement my regular workout schedule, but somehow I am just not that committed.

After pizza and beer last night I better *get* committed, though. I'm staying away from the scale until TOM is over, but that doesn't mean I get to eat like I'm on vacation. Especially since I'm going on vacation next week.

Paula, I make a salad with green lettuce, tomatoes and avocado dressed with lemon juice, olive oil, and cumin. It's delicious with chopped cucumbers on top.

Last edited by thistoo; 06-12-2008 at 12:04 PM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:08 PM   #42  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPaula View Post
... but it is not an excuse to go all out at a pizza buffet or something! lol......WHY NOT?

i have a package of avocados still from last weeks shopping and i have no idea what to do with them... any ideas??!
HOLY GUACAMOLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
After pizza and beer last night .......HEY! You didn't invite me....everyone is going for PIZZA but me....
WELCOME TARA!

Well gals...I am weighed in the same this morning...ate decent last night and today...have a great week-end!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #43  
Miss Thickness

S/C/G: 198/189/165

Height: 5'7

Just stop by to read the hot post and discover that I need a support group like this one You guys are awesome I’m new and weak right now I haven’t started a plan yet. I just know that I want to lose 33lb. But I feel that I don’t have a right to say anything because I don’t have my self together yet.
ciliciaclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #44  
ProfessionalMisadventurer

S/C/G: 176/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I'm never giving up beer!! Never never never!!!
moony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #45  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moony View Post
I'm never giving up beer!! Never never never!!!

I like this NEW KID!