Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #16  
Rachael

S/C/G: 260/117/115

Height: 5'5

I know exactly how you feel ;[ Unfortunately, I can't afford to have mine removed either. It'll just have to be something I'll have to learn to deal with.

I am pretty lucky though. Mine could be a lot worse than it is, so I guess I have that to be thankful for.
h0cusp0kus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #17  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

So let's see... I'm paying higher insurance premiums because somebody's friend is rubbing yeast on her body to trick the insurance company into paying for her skin reduction? Hmmmm... That's just great. Thanks a lot.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #18  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Default the body of a mother

momof4girls - About the affects of pregnancy on bodies...my body is COVERED with huge stretch marks from my little ones and even though I am pretty young I doubt that my skin will ever shrink as much as I'd like. Something that my cousin told me really helped, she said that one of the Native American groups (don't remember which one) views stretch marks caused by pregnancy as your child's way of tattooing you. I thought that this was a really great, positive way to view something that you can't really change anyway. Now when I look at all those marks (some literally 1 inch wide ) I think of my son and daughter and how bearing my children was worth every toll it took on my body. Where they used to make me sad, now my stretch my stretch marks remind me of my love for my kids.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #19  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistymed View Post
my friend got this stuff (yeast) from gnc and put it between her folds and went to the dr to document like once a week and her ins paid. she had band surgery and lost her weight that way. they wont pay for boobs but they did her lower body lift and her arms.
While I can see that something like that might work, I couldnt do it. I am an honest person and that just goes against everything I believe.

Thanks so much for all your responses. I will go to the dr about it but I doubt it will be covered.

Meg...Thank you for putting it into perspective, you actually made me feel guilty! lol
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #20  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoni View Post
momof4girls - About the affects of pregnancy on bodies...my body is COVERED with huge stretch marks from my little ones and even though I am pretty young I doubt that my skin will ever shrink as much as I'd like. Something that my cousin told me really helped, she said that one of the Native American groups (don't remember which one) views stretch marks caused by pregnancy as your child's way of tattooing you. I thought that this was a really great, positive way to view something that you can't really change anyway. Now when I look at all those marks (some literally 1 inch wide ) I think of my son and daughter and how bearing my children was worth every toll it took on my body. Where they used to make me sad, now my stretch my stretch marks remind me of my love for my kids.
Yeah, mine are big like that too. Check out my blog...about half way down the page : http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/momof4girls/
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote