Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Dear Saggy Baggy skin

I hate you. You depress me. I wish I could cut you off. You make losing weight very frustrating because even when the scale goes down, you just hang there needing to be tucked into pants, lifted to be cleaned. I just hate you so much and I wish you never took up residents on MY body. Just go away.
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #2  

I feel your pain!!! -- I've gone way beyond having "muffin tops" as my sister affectionately refers to it and am right up there with "could survive extreme conditions" with my extra padding for warmth and fat stores!!!

I've decided that it will always be hanging around, even when I lose weight, as a reminder not to do this again!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:50 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Actually, you can have skin reduction surgery that will change that, but also you should give it a couple of years to see whether some shrinking occurs on its own. Many folks who have lost a great deal of weight do have skin reduction done. Check out the 3FC body issues forum:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219

I figure--I stretched it out, I'll wear it.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:54 AM   #4  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, I know but I cant afford it so it is not a real possiblity. i hope you are right though, that it will shrink on its own. I think I have it bad because I have been on high doses of prednisone for a long time and my my twins pregnancy pretty much destroyed my body. Thanks Jay.
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #5  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

lmao Angie you crack me up.. i have lost weight b4 and even regained it on purpose to see if the saggy sin filled out would look better then saggy.. but i have decided saggy is better lol.. then filled up.. i just gotta get back to saggy again now..
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'9"

I know what you mean. I thought I was going to like being 'deflated' but it's a little depressing. At least you can cover saggy with clothes. Nothing can be done to cover fat!!!!!
foodvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Some loose skin & healthy & looking pretty darn excellent in clothing? Morbidly obese, no loose skin & UNhealthy? Some loose skin & healthy & looking pretty darn excellent in clothing? Morbidly obese, no loose skin & UNhealthy?

I don't know, I'll stick with that loose skin any day and every day.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:33 AM   #8  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Momof4... I work in the health insurance industry in the US (not sure about healthcare in Canada), however some insurance companies will cover skin reduction surgery if it casues chaffing, risk of infection, etc. If you're insured - maybe you can talk with your physician about it to see if your insurance would cover it.

Good Luck and great job!
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:36 AM   #9  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

omg meg that is brilliant .. ROFLMAO
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:59 AM   #10  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

is it not something that cn be performed on the nhs....
i hate my muffin tops!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:27 PM   #11  
my girls

S/C/G: 379/341/180

Height: 5'7

my friend got this stuff (yeast) from gnc and put it between her folds and went to the dr to document like once a week and her ins paid. she had band surgery and lost her weight that way. they wont pay for boobs but they did her lower body lift and her arms.
mistymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:47 PM   #12  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

yeah, I heard that you have to have "issues"with the skin other than it just not being pretty. I actually had thought of putting something in tehre to make it all horrible and irritated to keep documentation at my doctors (how embarrasing, though, to have your doctors think you're not washing well enough in "there" and getting infections! I'd have to switch Dr's after that!) but I don't know if that will work for non-surgery weight loss. It kinda sucks though... lost 150 pounds NATURALLY and your'e screwed. Lose 150 pounds with surgery and you might get it paid for. Really makes no sense.

My theory on it is this... I'm young still, so I have that going for me. Plus, I still have to have children. If after I have children and I still maintain for SEVERAL YEARS... then I will pay for that darn surgery and take out a loan b/c it's WORTH it. If Ilose all this weight, go through children, stretch out my skin even more w/ pregnancy, and STILL have my lower weight... then I DESERVE THAT SURGERY. I've already told hubby that, too. It's just a promise in the back of my mind that I'm going to save as an option if I ever need it.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #13  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Default have you heard of this?

Hi, 'mom'

Because I hopefully have some baggy skin issues coming up, I was very interested in your thread and finding out if there is anything that can be done besides surgery. One thing that has been recommended to me is a Mary Kay product. Now, I'm not a MK salesperson, so I don't make anything on anyone trying their products, so understand I'm not trying to sell anything, but I have seen photos of women whose skin on arms and other areas (but I haven't seen any tummy pictures, so don't know if anyone has tried it there) has firmed up and shrunk by several inches. The product is called Cellu-Shape Contouring System and the women I know who are using it say it firms the skin and increases elasticity. I don't know, but I thought it might be worth a try before doing anything more drastic. Has anyone tried anything like this with success?

Anyway, it's great that you've lost the weight and can share about your saggy skin. It gives me hope that I can do it too! Thanks!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #14  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Just to clarify, people, using yeast or any other product that you purchase to induce a yeast or other type of infection under a skin fold, for the purpose of getting skin removal covered by insurance, is insurance fraud, and is illegal.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aside from the legality, it's dishonest!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote