Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:53 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I've had no problem allowing myself a treat a day, or every couple of days, as long as I'm still under my calorie goal. I've stopped the sweets and other things I like cold turkey before, and the changes didn't last long. For me, allowing the "bad" things every so often has allowed me to stay on track.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #17  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
and walnuts I eat sparingly because I usually have sore mouth after that, I don't what in the walnuts is causing that.
Me too!! I don't eat walnuts often but when I do (I like them in cottage cheese mixed w/cinnamon, raisins, chopped apples) I have to be careful as they hurt the roof of my mouth. No clue as to why its just walnuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtekkrom View Post
So I buy a bar of dark chocolate when I am full. (I don't go to the store hungry or I'll buy all my trigger foods and eat them when I get home.) Then I break the bar into pieces and put them into individual snack baggies. On my way out the door, I throw one in my purse. That way I only have the one piece with me and cannot eat the rest. It's what works for me!
This is a GREAT idea; thanks for sharing! Less expensive than buying the 'individual' type packages too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Rarely can I stay with moderation where nuts are concerned.
Yup, same here. I buy the small bags (in the baking aisle) and never, ever, ever do I buy something like Honey Roasted Peanuts. Absolute danger zone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindiV View Post
I've had no problem allowing myself a treat a day, or every couple of days, as long as I'm still under my calorie goal. I've stopped the sweets and other things I like cold turkey before, and the changes didn't last long. For me, allowing the "bad" things every so often has allowed me to stay on track.
Mindi -- my thoughts exactly!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:58 PM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

My mouth gets sore when eating pecans as well as walnuts.My grandmother had the same problem. Not sure why!! I truly cannot keep nuts in my house!! I have no control when it comes to nuts.......I GO NUTS!!!!! I am hoping to learn to control myself with nuts someday.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
I buy chocolate, but only very dark chocolate and not to sweet. It has to have at least 80% of cocoa to make me happy. I bought a bar recently and I have a square on some days (basically, when I remember that there is chocolate in the cupboard). I don't suffer from chocolate addiction so it does not really constitute a reasonable temptation for me.

I do eat raw almonds (unroasted, unsalted) or walnuts. With almonds, I usually count myself 25 of them as I think that is a serving, and walnuts I eat sparingly because I usually have sore mouth after that, I don't what in the walnuts is causing that.
the exact same thing happens to me when I eat walnuts. it's so strange. i still eat them though.
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #20  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

This may be helpful

Oral Allergy Syndrome
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote