Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 06:58 AM   #16  
We can do this..and will!

Default Okay who was that Canadian?

Hey Jo Jo...I did get you mixed up....I am sorry...I know we had someone on here last year from Prince Edward Island.....because I remember the whole Anne of Green Gables discussion!!! I thought it was you.... Sorry....Oh well food deprivation will do that to you....no, maybe it is the drowning the brain cells in water!!! Ha ha...no matter....Have a great day y'all!!!! Jh
Old 02-19-2002, 09:22 AM   #17  
One day at a time

Default MORNING EVERYONE

how is everyone doing today? I'm doing really good, been on a streak of 9 days not counting my planned cheat day. which, by the way was only 2500 calories (I get full really fast with eating small meals for so long).

also been riding my bike everyday, even when I'm not planning on it. I find it gives me so much more energy to just go ahead and get a little exercise. Actually, I keep telling my husband I'm addicted to exercising. I just love that energy.

hope everyone has a great day!

sheila
Old 02-19-2002, 10:24 AM   #18  

Default I am back and ready to pledge

Hey girls...how are ya all? Sorry I have not posted in so long but had some major trouble with our landlords and so I took the boys and went to my moms house for the week until he cooled down.....lets just say he wasnt thrilled about the health dept being notified by boys peds about the mold problems that they wouldnt fix when we asked them.....so he came down while hubby was not home and harassed me for a while and had me so upset and crying I wasnt about to stay and take anymore of it.....but I am back now and we are seeing a loan officer on Thursday to see if we can get approved to buy a house!!!

Anyhow.....I cannot figure out how I lost weight while at my moms house since I ate without journaling and I ate things I SHOULDNT have.....but I did lose....I am down to 171lbs.....so I definately made my St V day goal....

I will pledge 8#'s for the st pats challenge too.....that would put me at an all time low of 163#'s which I havent been in YEARS

Hoping all of you are doing well.....gotta go....hubby is off work this week and we are off to finish up getting the things for Jesses bday party....take care all and have a great day......LisaL
Old 02-19-2002, 11:12 AM   #19  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 2, O' The New

Yo, all Lovely Leprechaun Lasses! I am having a super morning just thinking of our lovely more svelte future to come. Ended yesterday with 1760 calories. Exercise was 60 minutes of jogwalking in the a.m. with wimpy Old Dog and 30 minutes of just walking by myself in the evening. I've already done 30 minutes of weights today.

Momto2: Good for you for reporting the landlord to the health department! But psychotic landlords can be a huge problem, so be careful. Hope you get your house and get out soon. CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING YOUR ST. V. GOAL!!!!

Sheila: A nine-day streak is fantastic ... and because your cheat day is planned, it's not a cheat! It's great that you ride your bike everyday. Exercise is just like being a kid again, isn't it? I feel that way when I go out for hikes, be they urban hikes or desert, or even when I just do my weights or any exercise session ... that I can really take time out of life for myself and just enjoy physical reality.

Joanie: Maybe the Canadian was Babette. She lived in a rural area in Canada and then moved to a city. It'd be great to hear from her again!! (Hint to Babette).

I grew up on Anne of Green Gables, read all the books over and over. I wonder if kids are still reading these?

JoJoJo2: Congratulations on your five-day streak! I think you are right that
CONSISTENCY and CONCENTRATION are important words in waging life's battle. I know I struggle daily with these the twin demons of INCONSISTENCY and LACK OF CONCENTRATION. As I age, focus is more and more an issue, rather than less and less, as one would think.

Angel-Eyes: 8 down
JoJoJo2: Maintain
Joshie's Mommy: 9 down
Joanie: 11 down!!!
Crone: 10 down, 9 to go
Sheila: 10 down
Momto2Boys: 8 down

Old 02-19-2002, 01:04 PM   #20  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default did i hear someone calling me?

Or was it "Anne of Green Gables"? Hi all -- yes t'was I here on PEI. Lucy Maud Montgomery was actually related to my mom, some kind of cousin I think. Mom remembers her visiting the house sometimes when she was a kid. It's a little hard for me to judge whether kids (read: girls) are still reading A of GG. I think at least in Canada they are though, especially since we had a fairly long running TV series based on the books. And we still get a lot of tourists here from all over the world that are here because they'd read them. The Japanese in particular are very taken with the books and sometimes come to get married at LM Montgomery's house (now part of the Provincial Parks system).

Q: Can I count the 3 pounds I've lost since my post Christmas weigh-in (WAY post Christmas - I think it was around the end of January before I got up the nerve)? I was looking at your list and felt like I hadn't made any progress, but then I remembered that I had. I was up 7 and lost 4. I bounced around a bit but this a.m. was at a net loss of 3. I'm going to aim for 10 off by St. Pat's. Hopefully 10 from where I am now... Oh, count me in!

Gotta scoot again. You are all doing GREAT!

Love to all,

babette
Old 02-19-2002, 01:48 PM   #21  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default Can I join

Hi Everyone, Babette another Canadian here, actually my family and I are heading to the east coast for vacation this summer and the first thing I want to see is Anne of Green Gables.

Well here is my story. Almost 36 married with 2 kids hit my altime high of 181 Dec 31/01 joinned the Val day challenge and made it I was hoping for 170 and that is were I am. I had a bad week but fortunatley didn't gain back, so I am back on looking for a challenge and I found you all.

I was aimming for 160 by March 31st so I will revise it to 6 pds by March 17th. NO make that 7 pds. I know I can do it...lol

Have a super loser of a day.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:18 PM   #22  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking I'm having a great day!!

Hi Ladies. Yup....another canadian here...(or so I thought...)but am now living in North Carolina, and let me tell you about the weather,,,,IT IS FANTASTIC!!! Talk about an early spring!! The temp is 60f as compared to....ZERO!!! Nothing like a spring day to start you thinking about wearing those new clothes..(in a couple of sizes smaller). I just came back from the mall, and even had a nice lunch out. I checked Chick'fils lay...(sp?) for a grilled chicken burger and splurged for the 6 pts!! It was so de-lish. And I still have 13 pts for the rest of the day. I know ww's is working!! Glad to see so many posts!!...

Welcome back Mom....I missed you. Everywhere was so quiet with you gone. Glad to hear you had a nice visit with your mom. Not so nice though, to hear about your landlord problems. Please watch out, he could cause you some trouble. Hope to see you in chat tonight. tc
Old 02-19-2002, 04:49 PM   #23  
Empress/Queen

Default Top O' The Afternoon

Just sat down to work a few minutes and looked in and found all these posts! Hooray. I bought a shamrock pin today to wear in honor of this challenge. I remember doing that last year and can't believe how long we've all been posting here.

BABETTE! I thought that was you up there on PEI! How lucky you are to have that tie to Anne ... so much "scope for the imagination!" Congratulations on your three pounds gone for good!

Hockeychic: Welcome to another Canadian, and congratulations on your loss as well. It's always fun to kick 10 pounds out of town.

Angel-Eyes: Know how you feel about your first warm spring after living in a cold climate. When I moved here from Indiana, I thought I was in heaven when my roses just went on blooming through Christmas, New Year's and beyond. Someone had to tell me I actually needed to cut the blooms off to force the plant to rest until February. I thought they were nuts. (Still do.)

Chick'n Fil-a (sp?) used to have those skewers of chicken that were really low in calories, but since I started eating meat again, I haven't seen the skewers. I wish they'd sell those again. But you gave me a good idea for tomorrow's lunch.

Tonight I am having flounder baked with lemon and diet butter, broccolini and rice. It beats a cookies 'n creme bar anyway.

Hockeychic: 7 down
Babette: 10 down!!!

Anytime anyone wants to update the list, you can just cut and paste into your post so we can know right away of everyone's success!
Old 02-19-2002, 05:59 PM   #24  

Default Yep Babs...It was you!!!!

Hey Girlfriend....welcome back....who knew that the proper awarding of the gold medal in the pairs would bring you out of the woodwork!

I have had a great mean green streak here....I get weighed tomorrow at WW....so far I have been the biggest loser each week since we formed this group at work....a streak I definitely want to keep going!!!!

As a New Yorker transplanted to Atlanta, I am loving the beautiful year round weather too....

I am actually looking forward to getting weighed tomorrow, because I have had an excellent week...bringing my current streak to 4 weeks!!!!! Yahoo...Leapin' leprechauns
Later Gators Jh
Old 02-19-2002, 08:06 PM   #25  

Hello all!!!

Angel, I had to laugh when I read your post...my best friend is from Charlotte, NC & flew home (IL) this past weekend & was complaining about how COLD it was here...(40's). I had to lecture her & tell her she'd been on the East coast too long, 40's is unseasonably warm here for February...she read me the riot act about how NC is unseasonably warm too, in the 60s right now....I'm a little jealous, but still grateful for the 40's here.

Anyway...glad to hear everyone pledging to join in...let's keep on truckin & meet those pledges ladies...I have been struggling with excercise this week due to illness...no energy...but I'm trying to push myself anyways.Here's hoping for a big loss on Friday...

Got to go, Joshie is trying to "help" me type,he's driving me insane because he wants to play his Power Rangers computer game.

Talk to you all soon.

Staci
Old 02-20-2002, 06:35 AM   #26  

Default Be good today

Hey Guys...just wanted to check in and tell you all to be good today.....drink your water....run from the bad foods....exercise...and smile! You look mah-velous, you are one day closer to your goal! Good for you!...See ya, Jh
Old 02-20-2002, 08:03 AM   #27  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Wink Shoot, i wish i was down 10!

Crone, you are just too generous! I'm aiming for a 10 pound loss, and have lost 3 as of official weigh-in Monday. I resolve to just move the weight rather than wish it was gone, though.

I had the oddest experience watching a movie a while ago. A slim and pretty woman was suicidal, and it made me realize that, all my life (at least when I've been overweight), I've found it difficult to understand when anyone who looked great was depressed. The implication of that is: I believe my overweight is the only obstacle that keeps me from having as full and satisfying a life as I could and should have.

Logically, I know that is not the case, but in some ways, it IS. Because the weight is intricately connected with my spiritual, physical, and mental wellbeing and all of these suffer if one does. So, I come (again!) to the conclusion that I have to address all these areas to fix this problem. I don't know how much this is true for everyone, but it really is for me.

Joanie, so nice to "see" you here and doing so fabulously, too! You're an inspiration! We'll be back in Onederland before we know it, this time for keeps!

Staci, sounds like your weather is similar to ours on PEI -- we're thrilled with weather above freezing! It will be nice to get a chunk of weight off before we have real spring, too. Exciting!

Angel, send me a few of those balmy degrees would you -- or maybe I should get some from Crone instead, since she often has more than she needs!

Here's my revision:

Hockeychic: 7 down
Babette: 3 down, 7 to go

Everyone: You are all doing just incredibly well! Let's go out and make this a great day!

Love to all,

babette

Last edited by Arabella; 02-20-2002 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-20-2002, 09:21 AM   #28  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink mmm, you have to try these!!!

Well ladies. I didn't think it possible to have and enjoy bacon and eggs while on ww's .....BUT I DID!!! My leader told me of a new product...(well new to her, but out in stores for awhile) and it the 'Oscar Myer' bacon. It is already cooked, and only takes 20seconds to cook. THREE PIECES ARE ONLY 2 POINTS!!!! So that with my egg beaters....was a great and satisfying "FRY UP"....I will tell you that the bacon is sliced very thin, but hey?...its still bacon!!! My total breakfast was 4.5 pts and that included 3 pc of toast, egg beaters scrambled style, and like I said, 3 pcs of bacon. de-lish!!! Try it and enjoy.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:32 AM   #29  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default Good Morning everyone

Well I am a happy chic this morning. First my weight in 169 that's down a pound 6 more to go.

But the best part was I bought a skirt back in Oct size 10 (not sure what I was thinking) but I couldn't even get it over my butt never mind do it up well this morning my daughter gave me a hug and told me I wasn't as squishy made me happy so I thought what the **** lets give it a try and it fit!!!!!!!!!! A little snug but not unconfortable. I am wearing it right now. When I see my hubby tonight and he asks if this is a new skirt I can honestly say what this old thing I have had it forever....lol

Have a loser of a day everyone.
Old 02-20-2002, 11:53 AM   #30  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 3, Whee!

Ended yesterday at 1920 calories; a.m. exercise was the 30 minutes of weights, p.m. a 65-minute fitness walk in the glorious sunset.

Hmmm. Babette, I'm sorry. I'm confusing myself with the way I typed the list. It's just the goals and success for St. Pat's. I couldn't figure out what everyone had lost or maintained during the St. V. Here's another try:

Angel-Eyes' Goal: Lose 8
JoJoJo2's Goal: Maintain
Joshie's Mommy's Goal: Lose 9
Joanie's Goal: Lose 11
Crone's Goal: Lose 10, 9 to go
Sheila's Goal: Lose 10
Momto2Boys' Goal: Lose 8
Hockeychic's Goal: Lose 7, 6 to go
Babette: Lose 10, 7 to go

We can just keep updating the list as we succeed!

You raise a good point, Babette about a common problem I think people have when they lose a good deal of weight. When I hit the 100-pounds down mark, I actually became severely depressed for a long time. Or at least the depression that I'd been repressing by focusing on weight slipped to the surface. It was like here I was thinner but no happier, no richer, no more successful in my career. But once I'd figured it out, I coped, because truly and really and absolutely, it is better to be without the weight. Whatever I have to face, it is better to face it without the weight. This is just a given for me and it's why I continue to place maintenance (including getting off these extra **** pounds) as right up there on my priority list because if I am not comfortable in my body, how can anything spiritual or intellectual ever be accomplished? So I guess, in some ways, I'm taking it the opposite way as you ... first my body, then all the rest.

CONGRATULATIONS, HOCKEYCHIC ON A POUND LOST TO THE VOID FOREVER! NOT TO MENTION YOUR NEW SIZE 10 SKIRT!

Angel-Eyes: Long ago I used to love bacon before I went vege. Now that I'm not, you've given me a new idea and I'm going to look for the kind you mentioned.

Joanie: Good luck on your weigh-in! You are right, we all do look marvelous!

Joshie's Mommy: Feel better! Sorry to give advice (perogative of crones), but you DON'T need to worry about exercise much when ill, especially if you have a temp. When I feel toxic in any way, I take lots of slow, meditative walks to improve my mood and feel better. It soothes my body and spirit and actually seems to detoxify my aging physique! Just sleeping is good, too, or plopping on couch to watch the Olympics!

Closed Thread