Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 09:46 PM   #16  
You and Me in 2003

Ok Ok here I am. I have been at the seminar all day. We had a nice lunch chicken breast on rice with stir fried vegs. it was good also a slice of lemon pie. Yes I ate it

Cute don't feel lonely I'll always be back.
Old 01-26-2002, 10:29 PM   #17  

Talking Hello all!

Hi, I'm new here and I would like to join your group! My name is Valerie, I'm a 31 yr old single mom with a 3 1/2 yr old daughter. I weigh about 326 (Arghhhh!) and am going to start trying to loose this weight and be healthy starting on Monday. I've been trying to prepare, I bought a little walkman to take when I start walking, a water bottle, a pair of capri pants and shirt to wear working out, and looked into joining a fitness center with a pool and exersize room. I don't know if I have the nerve to go there though! Anyway, this is the first time I've joined anything like this,and I could really use the support from people who are trying to loose as well. I have had quite a day today! I ordered a washer and dryer set (Yippie, no more laundromat!!!) and when they delivered it, the 220 plug didn't work. I had to call someone to fix it. Meanwhile, the man connected the washer and left. After the electrition left, I started a load of clothes in the washer. Well, the man didn't connect it right and a tub full of water poured out all over the floor! I had boxes of belongings stored on the floor in the laundry room since I just recently moved in here. Needless to say, I had to move wet boxes and mop all the mess up! What a day! I also had a plumber out this morning for a clogged pipe that was causing the toilet to back up into the shower...not pleasent!! Too bad stress doesn't cause instant weight loss, I'd be skinny after today! Sorry to hear about your accident 2cute2Bfat. I'm glad it wasn't worse. I know how you feel, I spilled a boiling hot corningware dish of soup down my front when my hand slipped getting it out of the microwave. Well, I look foward to getting to know you all! Talk to you soon!
Old 01-27-2002, 03:15 AM   #18  
Dancing those pounds away

Valerie... I am sooo happy you found us and posted. WELCOME.
It sounds like you had one rough day!!! Thank goodness they aren't all that bad.
You sound all set to start this journey. Most in here would recommend you get a notebook and pencil to journal your food in. I recommend you journal your accomplishments too. I believe in PROGRESS reports. ...or gratitude journal is a better name.

Grannie.. I knew you said you were going to that seminar...I wasn't worried about you... but there are a few missing I am getting a little concerned about.

( and it you are reading this...please come back home.)

Susie... remember when a footlong sub wasn't enough.????
You have come a long ways baby... 46.5 !!!! WOW!!!!!

Ladybug...no, I did not clean my kitchen.
I could be sooo much skinnier if I could get rid of all the shame that comes with not keeping the clutter out of my kitchen and bedroom. I HATE all that paperwork. And then it just starts piling up... and then ...it is just so overwhelming.
I keep my living room and bathroom spotless. Those are the rooms that company will see. I am soooo bad.

well fellow friends... I am driving my oldest daughter back to college sunday so I won't be here till late. My youngest daughter comes home from London next week. It will be good to have her back home again.

Love you all.....
Old 01-27-2002, 04:23 AM   #19  

Hi everyone,

Welcome Valerie, it'll be fun to go through this journey together. I'm 39 years and hope to lose 100+ pounds. I started on Tuesday. Went through 2 days of sugar withdrawals. And binged today. But I'm back on track again. I can also relate to your household woes. I live with my mom. During my dad's illness and after his passing. We went through mice invasion, plugged sewer lines, broken down refrigerator/stove, leaky roof. Gee, we're running out of things to break down. You did fine. Call the repairman and go on as before.

2cute, don't feel alone, we're with you if not online then in spirit. I felt great today even though I binged. I cut my hair and felt much better. I'm going to color it light brown tomorrow. I got a bargain at kmart. Seven white/gold candles for $2.69 (75% off). I soaked in the tub this evening lit with these candles. I'm totally relaxed. I downslided today, but feel no real regret. I exercised this morning (3 times this week--hooray) and ate steamed veggies and a little steak for dinner. Get back on track. Your comment about treating yourself to a trip to Hawaii got me thinking about my dream. I had planned to go to Europe in October to celebrate my 40th birthday. But with the airport security/terrorism scares, I cancelled. I've changed my mind. If possible, I'm going. It'll be my reward for losing weight consistently every month until September. It's a major incentive and I feel excited just thinking about it. I've found an excellent boarding house for my dog and it's a matter of selecting the tour and booking it. I hope it works out. I need to be in top shape to see and experience everything.

Sweet dreams,
Malia
Old 01-27-2002, 09:28 AM   #20  
You and Me in 2003

Welcome Valarie. This group will be here for you.

Hope all of you have a good Sunday
Old 01-27-2002, 09:53 AM   #21  

Kat I loved you saying. I will put it on my computer at work.

Malia I always thought Wally world was an amusement park in national lampoon's family vacation also.
I haven’t done so well with eating either. I still have this darn cold so I just eat what I find when I manage to get out of bed. I hate being sick. Of course it works as a great excuse to not exercise.
Your trip sounds like wonderful incentive. I have never set goals before but I have a chart of what I want my weight to be by a certain date. So far, it has been a motivator. Good luck with your trip plans.

Valorie Welcome. Home repairs, I don’t even want to get started on that one.

2Cute I wonder if your daughter has her passport?

Mary I love the Wal-Mart water. I like the lemon-lime and the black cherry.

Well, back to the couch. I will check in on my next journey off of the couch.
Old 01-27-2002, 12:57 PM   #22  
a work in progress...

HI everyone!

I guess I just never got to the computer yesterday...God knows I didn't do too much else...I havebeen trying to go through my MOUNTAIN of pictures (not in albums) to find some Cub Scout shots taken over the years...our last meeting is Tuesday night! Yay! I have been the Den Leader for 5 years...now my little "angels" ( ) are moving on up to Boy Scouts! This should help to eliminate some of the "stress eating" from dealing with some of the 'charming' parents!

Welcome, Valerie...good luck in your journey! We are all in this together!

2cute how are you feeling? Do you have aloe to put on your burns? About your clutter...take a peek at www.flylady.net, she has some good advice about de-cluttering...I'm sloowly getting through all of mine. I have found that the act of decluttering the home has a ripple effect which extends to the decluttering of the mind as well...give it a try!

prism...good for you getting back on track! Sounds like you are UN doing any damage you might have done! I'm a little nervous about travelling too...We're thinking about going to Ireland next summer (2003)...we just flew to Florida in November and that was OK, but an international flight is a little more frightening to me. I'm not a good flier to begin with...LOVE going places...HATE flying there!

Lucky...how is the couch today? Feeling any better? I was a TOTAL couch potato last night...home alone I watched more schmaltzy movies...cried so much during "Terms of Endearment" that I gave myself a headache...then I caught a couple of old 30's and 40's flicks...love those clothes and the way those dames talked! Yeah, I was up most of the night. Got my laundry folded, anyway!

I'd better go be productive today to make up for my laziness last night!

Hi to everyone else that I didn't mention...I'm thinking of you guys too! Have a great Sunday!
Old 01-27-2002, 01:31 PM   #23  
Falling, but fighting...

Happy Sunday!

I finally got a chance today to post. I have finished most of the laundry, exercised 50 minutes, cleaned the kitchen, watched the movie "Charlie's Angels" with my DH, took a shower, and am finally here.

I haven't been doing that terrible food wise this weekend. Yes I did eat M&M's but not that many and I did exercise, so......

I stocked up again on my Wow chips. I got BBQ, sour cream, and doritos. Yum...Yum...

My DH has made a complete turnaround. He is now cleaning. Today he cleaned the bathrooms without me asking him to. He vacuumed the living room and dining room too. I sure hope he keeps this up.

Katrina: Sometimes we all need to be a bit lazy.

Lucky: Hope you feel better.

Prism: Congrats on being back on track.

2Cute: I used to be able to eat a footlong, chips, pop, and cookies for dessert (and would be "hungry" again in an hour). I am going to beat this demon.

Valerie: Welcome. I am 32 y/o and have a 2 y/o son. I attend WW and have lost 46.5 pounds (but 65.5 from my highest weight). I still have around 140 pounds to go. My advice--take it slow and easy. Make baby steps a priority. I am not someone who is always motivated to lose weight. I just keep on keeping on. Sometimes I do well, other times I screw up royally, but I don't give up. I have convinced myself that if I lose 20 to 25 pounds a year, that I will be just fine. So I am happy with maintaining or just losing a 1/2 pound a week. We can do this together.

Grannie: Sounds like a nice meal.

Okay, time for lunch, got to run.
Old 01-27-2002, 08:49 PM   #24  

I feel horrible...this is the first I have been up except for two trips to the bathroom...

Eyes water, sore throat, cough, runny nose (it's so sore I can barely touch it) and I hurt everywhere.

HATE this....

Then when I finally dragged myself to the computer - nothing...I thought I might feel better ready your posts but
Old 01-28-2002, 03:43 AM   #25  

Lucky, you have my sympathies. I caught the flu in early December and a week later a full blown cold. Our office was doing major renovation. moving walls. the dry wall dust did me in I coughed for more than a month. Then poof it went away when they cleaned the carpet and we wiped down everything. Now my customers our sniffling and coughing. I hope exercising and eating well will keep my immune system in top shape. That and a can of lysol too. Drink lots of water, it'll help.

I did okay this weekend. Although I could have drank more water. The steamed vegetables are a hit. I eat about 2 cups with lemon juice and a little butter. Trying to keep my fat intake at two tsp of fat is tough. I need to work on that too. My color job on my hair went well. My hair is still very dark, but the red is toned down.

My evaluation of the week:
Sugar detoxed especially from coca cola
Exercised 3 times a week (hurray)
Ate veggies everyday (never done before in my memory)
Watching portions
Improvements on first week:
Drink lots of water
Detox from chocolate

Here's to Monday. Keep the faith.
Malia
Old 01-28-2002, 08:03 AM   #26  

Thanks Malia I do need more water. I just drifted in and out of sleep all day yesterday but noticed my lips were so dry they were cracking.

Motivational Monday:
"People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success." – Norman Vincent Peale
Old 01-28-2002, 08:28 AM   #27  
You and Me in 2003

Morning all

Hope everyone is good. Yesterday went prety good. Went to church with my aunt. Cooked a nice dinner for DH. Roast Chicken with stuffing.
DH left for a business trip to New York this morning he'll be back late tomorrow night.

Don't have much planned for today. I need to hem a dress I made, vacum the house.

I'll go for now. Be back later.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:23 AM   #28  
a work in progress...

Hey hey, whattya say?

Quick post here and I'm off to bed...or the gym...can't decide which at the moment! (Gee...I wonder which choice will win out?? ) No, really...I WILL go to the gym today!

I'm full of it again...NO, NOT THAT! You know, the old Monday morning resolve! I was chatting with a girl at work last night about Weight Watchers. She had just joined and had all kinds of questions and concerns about various things. There I was, just giving her the whole scoop about the plan; tips, recipes, advice...when I realized that...DUH! I give GREAT advice, but do I follow it?? Not always, unfortunately. I know everything you need to know about losing weight...I just don't (WON"T??) apply it. Well, not all the time, anyway.

Not going to dwell on negatives...It's Monday...a new week, a new day...I'm pulling myself up onto my chubby little baby legs and I'm taking one little baby step at a time. I WILL do this!

See ya'll later...

Your diamonds are not in far distant mountains or in yonder seas; they are in your own backyard, if you but dig for them.
---Russell H. Conwell

Last edited by katrinabgood; 01-28-2002 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-28-2002, 01:37 PM   #29  

Talking WAHOO !!!!!

Good afternoon my fellow fat fighters.

I have read all of your posts and have taken notes to come back and respond later.
I have a longgggg list of things to do today. It is in the 70's here today and it is only going to be in the 30's tomorrow( brrrr)...so I am running errands today.

Just wanted to share my GREAT NEWS !!!

Last year at this time I had started gaining my weight back that I had lost.
I eventually gave up truly trying. I gained back my weight (33lbs) plus an extra 15lbs.

WELL THIS YEAR I struggled after Christmas and while my daughters were home but only gained 3-5lbs. And now those are gone ... PLUS an extra 2lbs!!!!!!
My total now is 32lbs. I am a happy camper.

I still am not back to where I was a year ago... but I am on my way !!!!!
I am not downgrading myself for what I did...
I am focusing on what I am doing.
I am not struggling... I am grateful for my slow but steady weight loss journey.

I will be back to respond to all of you tonight.... hopefully.
Old 01-28-2002, 01:42 PM   #30  

Arrow Ooopppss...

I see we are ready for a new thread.

For any newcomers or lurkers ...we start a new thread after 28-30 posts so please come join us in 300+ and Ready to try again...# 126.

Do not post here... go there instead.
See you all there.
Closed Thread