Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2002, 05:47 AM   #16  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I'm having a hard time getting started here. I can't thank of anything to say. I got up at 2:30 this morning.

Jo Jo~~If any body ever needed a new ISP it's you. I never get knocked off line, well maybe once a month. I am thanking of getting a new email address. I'm getting so much spam you can't believe it. I get tired of deleteing it. It makes me really.

Jen~~ I don't know what is going on in my house with these fish. Yes I do, the fish has taken over my life. One of them had babies yesterday. Now I've got to give it my all trying to keep them a live. Then what the **** am I going to do with 20 more fish.
Carol~~ I thank school has taken over your life like these fish has taken over mine. Of course I thank you'll stick with school and who knows I might get tired of working for these fish.

I thank maybe this is the shortest post I've ever done. But I'm through. My brain is just blank. Have a good week end everyone.
Old 01-05-2002, 09:54 AM   #17  

Good morning everyone!

Do you still remember me? I am still alive. I get so bad when I get on vacation. I haven’t been any type of routine. So I have been very busy and haven’t had a chance to post. I haven’t even snuck in to read how all are doing. Well this morning I have set aside the time to catch up.

New Years was good. We did go to our friend’s house and cook them that dinner. It was a big hit. I even bought fancy paper plates and such so that clean up would be a breeze. Since we hadn’t seen each since May we had a lot of catching up to do. It was a really nice.

Also during this period I celebrated my birthday – twice. Dh did a very sweet and stupid thing. I had mentioned about 2 months ago how I would like to go see a certain one-man show that was playing downtown. Well dh remembered and ordered me really greats seats (front row!) for my birthday. So on Wednesday, I started to plan out our day for Friday (my b-day). I checked the tickets and the show started at 8:00. Great we would have lots of time for dinner. Then I looked closer – the tickets were for the wrong day! He accidentally bought tickets for Thursday! So we decided to make the most of it and pretend that my b-day was on the 3rd. I had a great day. I got up at 5:30 – worked out with weights and then went for a short 2-mile run. When I got back, I dragged dh out bed and we were on our way downtown by 8:00. We started off with a nice breakfast and then went to the museum. There was a Great Asian Dinosaur exhibit that came over from Russia that I had wanted to see. So we went to that and toured 2 other floors of the museum and decided the one last level – we had seen it before and our feet were getting tired. So from there we went for lunch. Does anyone out there watch Food TV? I have to admit that I am a Food TV junkie and while I was on holidays I watched an episode of “The Best Of” and they were doing features on juice bars. Well they did a segment on a Vegetarian Juice Bar here in Toronto (Juice for Life) so I dragged poor dh there for lunch. The food was amazing – even dh had to admit that. Then off to look in a few shops and then we took in an afternoon movie – Gosford (?) Park (The new Robert Altman flick). Then it was off to a small dinner and off to the play. It was a long day.

Then on my actual birthday I got some bad news. My friends father had died on the 2nd after being sick for 2 weeks. I will be going the funeral today. The I was getting ready to go to the gym and dh said there was some I had better read first and he showed me the paper. The gym I was headed to had the first murder of 2002 take place there, the day before! The assistant manager was given a tour of the facilities to a prospective member at around 4:00 PM. Then some guy came along and shot him point-blank in the head! The murder turned himself in later that day. YIKES!

Jojo: Hope you are enjoying you 4 day weekend. It is also back to work for me on Monday. That is if I can get my butt out of bed! That Amaretto cake sounds soooo good. I’ll come make you dinner if you provide dessert! Yum. I just read about your poor poochie’s New Years experience. Poor guy.

Jen: Hey that great that you have all those running routes mapped out for yourself. Running the same way all the time can get very boring. I think today I am going to treat myself to a map. I want to start measuring out some accurate distance routes – especially for long runs. I am planning to do 8-miles tomorrow and don’t want to go the same route that I did last time. It is good that bf is learning to cook. You have to train them while they are still young. Glad to hear that you were able to kick that nasty head ache. I used to get wicked ones like that anytime the pressure changed. However, I am much better now and only get them maybe twice a year. Starbucks …..mmmmm….. I love their coffee. Yes I tend to like very dark strong coffee. Even their decafe is great. The place to yourself for 2 weeks. What ever will you do? I’m sure bf will be happy to keep you company if you get lonely.

Marlana: Thank you for the b-day greetings. It was very nice. Sorry to hear of the passing of your little guppy. I bet the silence in your house was golden. You remind me of mom – she also has started shopping for the next Christmas. I just can’t do it. If I buy something too early, I don’t want to save it. I just want to give it right away. I just read that you will be back to getting up at 3:00. Yikes! What time do you go to bed? So to hear that you are still having trouble with your bp. I just read yesterday’s post. It was like a whole fish soap opera! Who needs kids around when you have all that! I didn’t see that Ophra but it was interesting what those people said. In the book I had read, all the people who lost the weight and kept it off said something similar. They said it was almost like there was an audible CLICK and that was their switch turning over to this new life. I know when I finally made the decision that it was for life. I had yoyo’ed before but I knew this time was different. Has any of the snow storms affected your area? We still don’t have a flake.

Skeeter: Hope you and hubby are doing better. Sorry to hear that you missed the ball dropping by 15 minutes. Sounds like something I would do. Only I normally make until about 5 minutes before. Do you know how many shows I have missed the 5 minutes because I have fallen asleep! I’m with you. I haven’t made any actually resolutions in years. I’m all for just making changes – regardless of what time of the year it is. Good for you!

Boss: Sounds like you are starting 2002 with a fantastic attitude and plan – as always! Sorry to hear that you have also been under the weather. I hope your dh does get something done for his back. That sounds terrible. Glad to hear that he has been able to work pretty steadily. I am sure that has been a relief. I hope things continue to get better for both in 2002. I think there is nothing wrong with wanting to keep your tree up. Ours, however, is normally down by the 2nd. That is only because I like to have everything down for b-day. Silly but I think it is something that my mom started when I was a kid and now it is just a tradition for me.

Sally: You poor thing. I just want to go over there and punch your ex right in the kisser! POW. And I am not a violent person. But the guy needs some sense knocked into him. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for your weigh in next week. I’m sure you will do great – as always. Thanks for the b-day wish. I almost forgot that ours were so close. Do you have any special plans for yours?

Okay – I think I’m all caught up now. Whew! Guess that’s what I deserve for staying away so long.

Well enjoy the weekend!

Tobey
Old 01-05-2002, 11:51 AM   #18  

Hi Everyone. I'm here. My puter is cleaned out and hopefully AOL is working ok today. I'm sure it was AOL that was messing up. Oh well, I did the maintenance programs and hopefully all is well today. I just woke up a little while ago. Talk about a lazy butt!!! I woke up once and just didn't get out of bed and went back to sleep.

I do not have any plans for this weekend yet. I think I'm just going to stick close to home. The only thing I really want to do is run out to the used book store and see what I can find. The store is out by the mall and I just hate going out to that end of town so we'll see. I've got tons to do around here to.

I was thinking, I still have that one forum site I started up and I just checked it out a couple weeks ago, I hadnt been there in ages and it was still there. It has a chat room and its private if anyone of you want to meet there sometime. If you don't have the link, I'll send it to you. It might be fun if we all got together and actually had a real time conversation with each other. Let me know.

Tobey, Happy belated birthday. Sorry you missed that one man show your dh bought tickets for. But it sounds like you had a great birthday anyway. Sorry about your friends dad. OMG, thats awful about that murder happening at your gym. How awful. That amaretto cake was not all that good. I like just the plain poppy seed cake that dh loves. I just didn't care for the flavor. I like amaretto coffee creamer but not that cake.

Marlana, when I took out an email at the MSN site, oh my Lord, so much spam and I'm not sure how the senders got my email cause I really did nothing else on that site. MSN must give your your email to everyone. The first time I was on AOL, I went to some of the chat rooms and started getting a bunch of of spam but this time I only go to two specific scheduled chats each week and I don't get that crap on here anymore. I've been thinking about getting off aol again but I've got some really good friends and those two chats I go to and I hate the thought of leaving them. I know I didn't get knocked off line when I had the other isp, I may go back to that one. Boy, I think Tobey was right when she said fish soap opera at your house. I thought Bettas had to be all by themselves cause they were mean to other fishies !!! Pretty but mean.

Carol, I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. Thanks for posting the sayings. It gives us all something to think about.

Jen, It was so slow at work yesterday morning. I felt like I put in a full day in just 4 hours. I think I was just getting bored with my work. Actually some good things happened. Us clerical gals had a little victory over some of the supervisors (not our supervisors) who think we are their secretaries. It was a little thing but us gals got our way this time and it was like YES!!!!! It will make our jobs a lot easier. These guys just think we have nothing else to do except make their work easier for them and like I said, we are not their secretaries. We have tons enuff work of our own and don't have time to coddle them. Anyway, that was the hi-lite of my day yesterday.

Sally, I am thinking I'm on my way to being sick again. I'm still having the headaches and I'm starting to sneeze again. Everyone around me is sick so its bound to get me again. Hopefully it won't be as bad as it was before. Its no wonder your having panic attacks with all the problems your having with your ex. I know I've mentioned this before how when I start thinking about something that is upsetting to me, I tell myself to STOP and I keep saying that to myself till I stop thinking about what is bothering me, well, that helped me with with anxiety attacks to. I haven't had an anxiety attack in so long. As soon as I started getting that awful feeling, I'd tell myself to STOP, over and over and 9 times out of 10 it stopped. I've been using that word for years and its amazing how it helps. Hopefully things will settle down for you after awhile and your ex will find someone else to harrass for awhile. I still think us gals need to beat the crap out of him for you!!!

Skeeter, I'm glad your dh is doing better and is back to moving around again. Hows your weather this weekend. It actually turned out pretty decent yesterday and today we are supposed to have warmer temps here. Its been so cold. Not much snow tho. I wish we'd get a couple inches every now and then just cause I like looking out the window at it.

Well, I'm going to get going now. I am going to fix breakfast for dh this morning. Talk to you all later.
Old 01-05-2002, 02:51 PM   #19  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

We had ice and frost again last night. I don't like this cold weather.

JoJo~I guess you are used to cold weather like this but we aren't. It is a really big deal here to find ice in the birdbath and see frost on everything in the mornings. I am still eating like a pig. The camp members caught us yesterday as we were returning from the grocery store and invited us for steak and shrimp again last night. We had T-bones, fried shrimp and sautéed shrimp. It was really good and tonight is the big party. I have a feeling that attendance is going to be light this year because of the cold. Hubby is no bother at all when he is sick. He just goes to bed and stays there. I have to go to him and try to talk him into eating something to keep his strength up. He has already lost 10# since he got sick. I am just the opposite and eat all the time and gain weight when I have a cold.

Sally~Your ex is definitely not playing with a full deck if he thinks that he can just walk into a courtroom and tell the judge that he wants the kids and will get them. Didn't you say that he is living with his parents? The judge will think that he is as ridiculous as he sounds. All my critters are doing great. My dogs have the cutest little 4 legged sweaters that they seem to enjoy wearing when it is cold. I am feeling better every day with only a few sniffles left.

Marlana~I raised guppies once a long time ago and I only remember about 5 or 6 of them making it to adulthood. I raised them in the same tank as all the other fish with the basket and grasses that they could hide in. Evidently only a few of them learned to hide really well. But my memory is sure not something that I can count on these days. It seems like that I never did raise any that was as pretty as the parents either. My husband thinks that I have lost my mind with the bettas, he'd go nuts if I started raising guppies.

Jen~I used to live in southern Ohio so I know what you are going through in the winter. I moved to Orlando when I was 21 and have been in Florida ever since. We retired almost 3 years ago and moved to The Ocala National Forest which is north of Orlando and colder. The closest city south of us is Ocala and it is even warmer in Ocala than here. Today it has reached 60 and supposed to reach 70 by tomorrow. That is more like it for us. Enjoy your vacation for the next two weeks. I know we love our mothers but living together can get tense sometimes. I'm not sure that I could live with mine.

Carol~Hope you had a good time at the game. I had no idea that a gold fish would live that long. The websites that I have found so far only give these guys a 2-3 year life span. I loved those sayings that you posted. Sounds like good advise to live by.

Tobey~I didn't even make it in here yesterday to wish you a happy birthday. It sounds like you mostly had a great one with the exception of the two deaths. That is really scary about the murder at your gym. That is why we moved here when we could. We lived in Orlando for 30 years and watched it grow to a crime ridden city. The noise level was very high with jet planes, traffic and sirens. We don't hear very much here at all. An occasional very small plane or helicopter and air boats on the river are about the only noises we hear now. Anything else is an unusual thing. Hubby had a bit of a setback from going out in the cold last night. If they had of had the fire goings in the pit, he might have done better. He is going to stay at home tonight while I go to the party. I will bring him a plate of food home though . Let's pretend that today is still your birthday so that I can send this attachment for you.

Hope you ladies have a good weekend and stay warm.
Old 01-05-2002, 06:17 PM   #20  

Evening gals. I don't have alot of time to post to everyone. I wish that I did though. Dear bf came over last night, we make greek chicken and steamed asparagus with hollandaisse sauce. He's going to be very domesticated when I'm done with him. I am absolutely loving being home alone, but I don't quite remember what it is that I used to do. Very strange. Guess I'll have to fill my time with fitness! Anyway, I have to work again tonight and tomorrow 7pm to 7am, so I may not be back in until Monday morning after work. I hope everyone has a happy, fun, and healthy weekend!

Jen
Old 01-06-2002, 11:32 AM   #21  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~So...what do I write about today. I'm not sick, the fish isn't sick, hubbys not sick either. No fish born, no fish died yesterday, so all is good at our house. That is something to be grateful for. I'm also grateful that I didn't gain all the weight I lost before the holidays back. My food isn't where I would like it to be, so I must try harder.

Jo Jo~~Your post may have been short the day before yesterday, but yesterday you made up for it. I listen to the radio at night when I go to bed and on Sat. night this women comes on that knows all about computers, Kim something..anyway she was explaining how you could bring your yahoo mail right into outlook express. Now mind you it was midnight, but I got up and turned on my puter again so I could rig mine to come into outlook. It works...I don't use yahoo very much, but I might now. I have never got spam in yahoo. I thank it would be fun to have a chat sometime. Except you guys couldn't figure out what I was saying without spell check.

Jen~~ Home a lone is good at least part of the time. I like dh coming home in the evening. You got to change your way of thanking about db, you might domesticate him before you marry him, but the min you marry him it will be gone, because he thanks he has married a domesticate Goddess and all that house work belongs to you. Don't get married is the answer.

Tobey~~Did we forget who you are? Did we forget who you are??? Now how could we do that, your the star of our group. After all you've done what we all are here to do...and your keeping the weight off. Girlfriend..my motto in life is...when your on vacation you do just what you want to. And it sounds like to me you have had a great vacation, except for the deaths. Boy what a shocker at you work our club. You just never know what is going to happen on any given day. When I got all those kids and my hubby out of this house, I just let it all hang out for a day. I like being a lone during the day.

Skeeter~~Ice in Florida...kind a messes up the reason for Florida doesn't it?? In reading your post you was explaining all the food you had eaten...but last night was going to be the big party...My Lord what did you have last night?? We are going to have to come down there and lock you in your house. Excuse me...but men can lose weight if they fart? I had one little guppy out in the main tank, but I didn't see him all day yesterday. I have 34 left, so don't guess I will fret over him. I counted them yesterday. One or two look a little different from the others. I hope mine comes out prettier than they parents. Most likely they won't because the parents are most likely brother and sister, and you know that doesn't work out well.

I'm out of here to do the same ol same ol, except for the eating, I need to improve there. Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-06-2002, 02:04 PM   #22  

Howdy all!

I had a really beautiful morning. I got up this morning and it was actually snowing! It was really pretty so I headed for my run and did the full 8 miles in a light snowfall. It was so nice. Perfect for running. In fact I passed 6 other runners while I was out. The rest of the day will be spent slowing getting ready for tomorrow. Yep – back to work after a nice 2 weeks off. Dh has gone out to help a friend for the afternoon so it is just me and kitty. I realized this is the first time I have had the place to myself in weeks. Ahhhhh.

Jojo: Glad to hear that your ‘puter is okay now. (Fingers crossed!) How was the used bookstore? A new one just opened up in our neighbourhood but I haven’t been in it yet. I love rummaging though a good used bookstore (although they all seem to have that funny musty smell). I also think it would be fun to meet up for a real time chat. However, I will need you to send me the link. Yes the past few days have been filled with some real ups and downs. That’s too bad that your cake didn’t turn out as well as you hoped. It still sounds sooo good to me. I love amaretto flavouring.

Skeeter: Wow you have had some yucky weather! The joke here is that the US is getting our winter and we are getting yours! I couldn’t believe it when dh told me about the murder at the gym. Thank goodness it is not at my regular gym. I basically go to 2. The main one is right downtown across from where I work. The other one (where the murder was) is closer to home and I normally only use it on holidays or when I am on vacation. However, it sounded like it was a personal vendetta and not a random crime. Not sure when or if I will ever be able to go back. Our neighbourhood is very quiet – one of the reasons why we haven’t moved yet. At night the only noise we hear is our idiot neighbour who likes to peel out of his driveway at top speed. IDIOT! How was your party? That’s too bad that hubby is so sick again. Sounds really rough! Thanks for the birthday greeting!

Jen: Wow – you are doing a good job training bf! Sounds like you guys had a great time. I am also looking forward to my afternoon alone. I’m not sure what to do either – done my fitness for the day! You have been working some killer shifts. I don’t know how you do it!

Marlana: Sounds like a good morning for you. Quiet. My vacation has been great. I hate to admit it but it seems like I have been off for even longer than 2 weeks. I think it is just because I have been going at my own pace. It has also been nice because dh has had all this time off as well. That doesn’t happen very often. Since he freelances it is impossible to plan a vacation. Almost without fail, when I book time off he ends up getting an important job. So this has been extra special. Sounds like everyone is just enjoying their time alone. It does feel good – doesn’t it. I’m sure you will get your eating back on track. In stead of going cold turkey (no pun intended!), maybe you just want to focus on making one change every few days. That might give some good smaller goals and not seem so tough. I know that works for me if I slip. Anyway, just a suggestion.

Well that’s it. I am off to enjoy the rest of MY day!

Tobey
Old 01-06-2002, 07:53 PM   #23  

Hi everyone

Hope you are having a good Sunday. I've not done much of anything except took the steam cleaner over the carpet and got part of the dishes done. My back is really bugging me so I have to do it in spells. A little here and little there. Maybe by the end of the day I'll have it all done if dh doesn't finish it for me. I also have supper cooking.

You know, I'm not really following a food plan per se, but I'm watching it and I do notice a little difference in my pants. They are a bit looser. So maybe I'm doing something right.

Tobey, 8 miles huh? In the snow? Wow, you are amazing. I like looking out at the snow but I'm not much for going out in it unless its just flurries or a lite dusting. I didn't get to the used book store, ended up going to a "new" book store and just bought a couple. I probably could of gotten 10 books at the used book store for what I paid for these two. Oh well. Hopefully soon we can all plan to get together for a chat, if we can plan a time that we can be there. I'll send you a pm with my email addy and then I'll probly just send you an invite from the forum. You can go in and write like you can here. I found this site a while back and you can start your own forums and chat rooms, etc. Plus you can visit other forums that are there.

Marlana, I bet you didn't know how to act with no fish problems, huh? Well, knowing you, you found something else to keep yourself busy. dh is sitting back here with me trying to figure out a Playstation game and isn't having much luck so he's getting aggrivated. Me, I'm going to finish here and then finish supper and then read for awhile. Sure we'd figure out what you were saying if we chatted. I might end up with not many typing errors when I'm done with my post, but I sure make alot while I'm typing, I just usually catch them as I'm doing it.

Skeeter, Florida got ICE??? Somehow that just doesn't sound like Florida to me. Do you ever get snow there? I mean more than flurries? My Bil & Sil used to live in Ocala and we went to visit them, it was back in '83. I think I already told you about that. I just remember those "love bugs" when I think about it. That camp sure sounds like lots of fun. The food sounds wonderful. What kind of camp is it?

Jen, I don't think I've ever had Hollandaise sauce but it sounds good. I love asparagus. Yummmm.

Well, I'd better get myself on the stick here and finish supper. Take care and I'll talk to you later.
Old 01-06-2002, 08:46 PM   #24  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

Well at last I got something done around the house. I got the tree down and all the inside decorations packed up and then started on the outside. I took all the lights off the fence and address post and the the porch steps. Basically everything that I didn't need a ladder to reach is down. I even had time for doodoo duty on the yard. It got up to about 68 here today so was warm enough to use the pooper scooper. I also ate a lot less than I have been.

Jen~Enjoy that domestic side of your boyfriend now while it lasts. Mine used to have dinner fixed for me when I got home from work. I was really impressed too. Now he acts like he doesn't know what the kitchen is for or how to use anything in it. He was going to make himself some popcorn the other night and spent about 5 minutes trying to figure out how much time to set on the microwave. When I couldn't stand it any longer, I yelled to him to push the freaking button that said "popcorn". We have been so "together" the last 2 years that I would sure love some alone time. We worked different shifts 3 out of 5 weeks before we retired and I got very settled in my time alone. I can also get a lot more housework done when he is not around.

Tobey~It's great to hear that you have enjoyed your two weeks vacation. I'm only sorry that it is over already and you have to go back to work. My husband is still coughing really bad but not feverish any longer. He stayed home while I went to the party last night. I brought him a plate of food though even before I ate myself. I am so tired of feeling bloated and am anxious to get back OP tomorrow. I am still going to have to deal with visitors this winter and eating out with them. I might not lose a lot but at least I can stop gaining. My mom's visit should be good because she will eat more like we do and will walk with us too. She can outwalk me any day of the week. I am glad to hear that you will be going to the other gym instead of the one where the murder happened.

Marlana~Thank goodness the weather has warmed back up some here. It is supposed to turn cold again this coming week though. My mom and dad are in southern Florida for a few months. They aren't going to come visit me until it warms up here though. I don't blame them because they live in Ohio and went to Texas to visit my brother before heading down here. It was so cold in Texas that they just went on to the southern part of my state until they found warm weather. They are renting a place on the beach for the rest of the winter. Last night was a potluck dinner where everyone brings a dish. The only problem was that only myself and two other couples brought a dish. The camp fixed a deep fried turkey and slow cooked fresh pork with cooked cabbage, black-eyed peas, green beans, squash, cornbread and yams. I took the hash brown casserole. That was the smallest meal that the camp has ever served. I guess people decided to stay at home because of the unusually cold weather. It turned out not so cold and we enjoyed some lively conversation around the fire. I am going back OP tomorrow for sure. I thought those little fish tanks were so cute and that it might be easier to raise those babies totally away from the other fish where you wouldn't have to worry about them getting in with the big fish.

JoJo~Yeah, ice is not normal but it happens here occasionally. It usually starts melting right away during the morning after a cold night. People go crazy here when it does happen and everyone turns their sprinklers on to make icicles. We have never had snow here but it has happened in the more northern part of the state. I don't think it has ever been more than just a flurry and no accumulation. The camp started out as an all male hunt camp but has been liberated over the years. It is still a hunting camp but the wives and girlfriends stay there now too. It has one large building that is the kitchen and dining room with the campfire out from the dining room which is screened. There is another building that is the bathroom and laundry room attached to the side of a big bunkhouse. A third building is storage with a covered area to the side with the big smoker/grill and sinks. Some of the hunters bring in RV's and some are left there year round. They have a potluck dinner at the first Saturday of deer season and again on the closing weekend. These were usually attended by about 150 people. We have seen a steady decline over the last few years. There was only 18 people there Saturday night. It has become traditional to cook steak and shrimp the Friday night of those two weekends for a selected few that are invited. Most all of us are fat too.

I have put in a full day today and am going to watch some TV this evening. Y'all have a good evening .
Old 01-07-2002, 05:26 AM   #25  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I mean a early good morning, it's 3:30 am here. I went to bed at 8:30 so I feel pretty good this morning. My week end was uneventful, not a thing going on. I haven't lost any of my fish babies, I even found one that I thought had been eaten. It had got over in the Tetra's side of the tank and I'll be darn if it didn't show up yesterday and I got the lil bugger out and back in the basket. Like I needed to save one, but now I have 35 of them. Anybody want any????

Tobey~~There is not end to your commitment to keep your weight off, I thank that is just great..but running in the snow. I can't stand up with no snow on the ground. Glad you had such a great vacation. It won't be long until time for ours and I'm ready. But who knows with hubby being back on overtime, this year might end up like last year, and nothing happening when we wanted it too. We did not go off from home one time last year. Last Oct. we was going to get to leave for a week or two and I'll be darn if my blood pressure didn't go hey wire. I like yesterday attachment...you better know that there is some dogs in those chat rooms.

Jo Jo~~If you can lose weight not following a food plan then that is the way to go. Most of the time I have to follow one, but sometimes I can get by without it. I say what ever works for you by all means do that. I don't know about you, but I'm ready for spring to get here, I'm sick of being in the house.

Skeeter~~Sounds so good to me, getting something done around the house. That's my focus for today, getting caught up in this house, or at least making a dent in it. I have got to get started on a bedroom if I'm going to get it painted and new carpet down this year. It will be sandbass fishing time before you know it and I don't get anything extra done during the fishing season. I hope your able to get back on a food plan today, me too. I didn't do very well yesterday. that hunting camp dinner sounds like a lot of fun. Did Griff get to go?

I'm off to greet my day head on. You all have a very good day.

Sally~~The attachment is for you. Happy Birthday girlfriend!!!!
Old 01-07-2002, 08:34 AM   #26  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
Old, middle aged me is here. Still mean, even if I am 44 now. I don't think I'll ever grow up. How's everyone doing? I'm okay; we had a pretty quiet weekend. I'm home today and tomorrow with the girlies--they start their new school on Wednesday. Today the oldest has a dr. appt. and tomorrow the little one has a tooth pulled. Poor baby. Then Friday Jeff has medical tests at the hospital, so I'm off again Friday. Too bad none of it will be fun!! Oh well. No real plans for my birthday---I turned down dinner out, since I'm trying to undo the holiday damage..which I need to go check on, since I missed weigh in at work today. Wish me luck
I'll write more this afternoon after we get home from everything--I'm out of it this morning, just wanted to check in so nobody forgets me! Love you all, and glad everyone is getting over their illnesses---people and fish!
Talk to you all this afternoon,
Love, Sally
Old 01-07-2002, 04:49 PM   #27  

Happy Monday!

Well the end of my first day back at work has now come to a close. Wow did the day just zoom by. As nerdy as it sounds, it is so good to be back at work. I really love my job and I just feel so rested and roaring to go after my vacation.

Jojo: Cleaning the carpets is enough – especially when your back is giving you troubles. Loose pants – good sign girl. Don’t you just love when you start feeling different? Sound like you have a good plan. It was not snow heavily when I ran. I was a light and steady flurry. Looked like movie snow. I also hit the “new” bookstore the other day. I had a $5 reward certificate to use plus I found out that I now get 20% at the 2 major bookstore chains here in Canada. They managed to get a corporate discount for the HR professional society that I belong to. Nice! Dh and I seem to spend a small fortune on books. It isn’t too bad for him though. Since he owns his own business, he can write off most of the stuff he buys.

Skeeter: No offence but I don’t envy your day yesterday – especially dodo duty Funny how after some bad eating that we crave going back to OP. Guess the grass is always greener…. When is your mom coming to visit? She sounds really wonderful.

Marlana: Pardon me? My hearing must being going (or my eyes) did you say that you have 35 fish now!!!! Wowee! How did you notice that one had run away from home (and came back). Running the snow was actually quite easy. It was the sticky stuff and there was no ice so it wasn’t slippery at all. I think you are much deserving of a great vacation. Do you have any specific plans?

Sally: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Does sound like much of a vacation to me! Hopefully there are a few moments in between for some good times It is tough having a birthday after the holidays. But us Capricorns can still make the best of it. Enjoy your day!

Well that’s it. Time to dash home and make some dinner.

Luv ya all!

Tobey

Sorry - I know this is post 26 but I didn’t have time to start a new thread. Hopefully who ever is in next will take care of that.

Sally this is for you:
Old 01-07-2002, 06:12 PM   #28  
Senior Chick

I'll start a new thread. See you all there.
Closed Thread