Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-17-2007, 10:51 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I have no butt...well...i have one, but it is flat. I also am obviously an apple because i have alot of weight in my belly. I know that to have a shape, i have to get to the lower end of my weight limit. That's why after I hit 130, i'll probably try to lose another 10 pounds. I'm hoping once all my fat melts away, that all this squats and lunges my cardio instructor has us doing is going to produce a nice, round hiney!!! My boyfriend would LOVE that!!! lol. One thing I do know....my butt hurts now from Wednesdays class. I can only imagine how it's going to feel tomorrow after class tonight!! YIKES!!!!

And I am sorry that sales girl was so rude. Some people just have no cuth!!! Their parents forgot to teach them when to keep their thoughts to themselves!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilketay View Post
I tend to gain weight in my middle, too, so I totally relate! If I get even a little bit overweight I end up with a waist that's the same size as my hips! It's awful!

For me, the answer is that I need to be pretty skinny to get a good body. I have to make sure my waist is as small as I can get it so there is a big difference between my waist and hips (that waist-to-hips ratio). If I get even a little bit heavy it all goes to my middle and I have no curves!
I am EXACTLY the same way!

If I get overweight at all, it shows sooo much and I look awful! At my HW, most of my weight was stored in my stomach/love handles and my face... it was hideous!

Right now, I'm not overweight anymore, but I do still have a very squishy midsection and love handles.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #33  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

squats and lunges will help your butt. i wish i had that problem. all of my weight is carried from the waist to the thigh area, and not much elsewhere. i did have a plastic surgeon tell me at a women's convention that if i got a tummy tuck i'd lose over 20 pounds, so you can guess where a high percentage of my weight is - LOL!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:38 PM   #34  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Body shape. I am an apple shaped lady and- Jeans are a nightmare for me too. The funny thing is I think they are a nightmare for the pear shaped gals and the tiny wisp of women who have nearly no curves as well.
Lousy fashion industry messin with us all!!
Sometimes I think the grass is always greener over there, if you know what I mean...my pal has the exact opposite body shape as I do and she is always complimenting my slender arms and legs, which I think most apple shaped ladies do have.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:31 PM   #35  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Wow - we all have trouble finnding jeans! Who the heck are those jeans at the store made to fit??? Whew!!!
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:00 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I wear a lot of dresses to avoid the whole pants not fitting thing. I find it so frustrating to have to buy such large sizes so they fit in the waist (uncomfortably), still keep sliding down & swim around my thighs/hips.

After working in retail I can say that there are very few women who can easily buy things off the rack. It's too bad we've moved so far away from the days when everyone's clothing was custom made - it must have been so much flattering fitting!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:50 PM   #37  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

Height: 5'3"

im not apple and not pear im the worst of all..... ROUND ..... ewwwwww clothes fit but the belly attacks me by hanging out all the time and it looks like im preggers 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dunno if this helps but i guess ill go off and see to my never gona come out "baby"
FlabbyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:30 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneggsandtam View Post
Sometimes I think the grass is always greener over there, if you know what I mean...my pal has the exact opposite body shape as I do and she is always complimenting my slender arms and legs, which I think most apple shaped ladies do have.
Yeah, my legs are slim and I get compliments on them, but I am concerned that they will get too thin if I lost more weight.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 280/280/190

Height: 5'7''

Yeah, jeans companies suck. Why do they think that your height increases with your weight...why do they think all girls have the perfect hourglass figure when most of us here definitely don't? Why is it just now people are starting to get it?

Blueyedblond, you made my day. Thank you.
CherryBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:41 PM   #40  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

CherryBlossom, Blueyedblond said exactly what I was going to say: you are so beautiful!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:54 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 280/280/190

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooworld View Post
CherryBlossom, Blueyedblond said exactly what I was going to say: you are so beautiful!
Thank you so much. You are all so beautiful to me.
CherryBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote