Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 07:30 AM   #16  

Good morning all

Well I am up a little earlier than planned this morning. I woke up to dh screaming in bed beside me. That’ll get you up. The poor thing had a wicked leg cramp. I darted out to get a hot water bottle but by the time I made it into the bedroom, it had subsided. So I decided to get up and start getting ready. I have another 5K race this morning 8:30. It is cold but there is no snow or ice so it should be just fine. My goal is to do it in 27 minutes or less.

Jen: I don’t know how you keep the hours you do! One run is better than nothing. I am committed to running all winter long and have been investing in the proper clothes to do. It has been great so far – but there also hasn’t been a whole lot of snow and ice. I guess it would be kind of fun to celebrate the holidays with your co-workers. As long as you like your co-workers that is!! Have fun on the stepper – that is one thing I could never get into!

Sally: I know how you feel. I have a ton of things to get to and I have just been procrastinating. I can’t believe that the first week of my vacation is gone already. However, I did wash the floors last night. I treated myself to a Swifer Wet Jet yesterday. I really like it. It did a great job of our floors and it was sooo easy! No your vacation doesn’t sound like much of a vacation at all!! I didn’t even know that they did root canals on baby teeth!

Jojo: Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. How were the malls? Can you believe that they are still crazy as heck here? Too bad that magic money wasn’t really yours after all I normally don’t get hangovers as I limit myself to one or 2 glasses of wine. Or if it is a party I will normally alternate between 1 drink and 2 glasses of water. Well I didn’t do that this time – it was all alcoholic beverages. I will definitely take it easy at New Year’s . Our liquor stores sell sparkling wine in half bottles here (that would be about ~12 oz) you should see if yours does as well. Then it is only 2 drinks in a bottle. We live pretty close to Buffalo (in fact we get Buffalo TV) but the storm went right past us. However, there were other areas of Ontario that were hit hard. In a 24-hour period Buffalo got 4 feet of snow. They have called in the National Guard to help clear. They have also put out a call to neighbouring cities to help, including Toronto. I have been watching coverage of it on the news – it does not look like fun!

Lori: It is nice to hear that your body is getting back to normal. I sure hope that 2002 is an amazing year for you and your hubby. You guys deserve it!

Skeeter: Glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. I once had those prescription Tylenol with codeine when I had bronchitis. Slept like a baby!! You are not very nice passing that on to hubby My hubby is still a bit sick but much better that a week ago. What ever is going around is very nasty. Thank goodness I am still healthy (knock on wood!).

Well I must run – literally! Hope to make it again tomorrow.

Tobey
Old 12-30-2001, 12:18 PM   #17  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I'm back..sort of. I still don't feel well, my head is so stuffed up, can't hardly stand it. Unlike Skeeter, I can't take much to help me out. With the blood pressure and of course the asthma really has me shut down on meds. So for I'm very lucky it has not moved to my chest. If it goes to the chest the asthma sets in and it takes months to settle it down. I have the ick and so do my fish. They got little white specks all over the bettas. I have meds for them, but so for I don't see any change. They are eating, but not moving much.

Lori~~My heart just broke when I read about the baby. I'm so sorry. Goodness you have got to have a better year this year. I understand it is much easier for someone to get PG once they've been PG once before. I'm hoping that is the case for you. You hang in there and don't give up.

Jo Jo~~Before I got sick we took hubby's folk out for Chinese, it was sure good. I love it buy hubby doesn't care much for it. Said he liked this place though. Black stretchy jeans and a mock turtleneck. That art to get dh attention. My daughter always has a plan, and it always catches me off guard. I forgot to write about that, I will at the end of this post.

Jen~~My food plan has got lost in all that has been going on here. I've got to get it back together. I don't figure I will be able to do that until hubby goes back to work and I get to have a day to myself. I thank everyone is in a tailspin. Of course the illness slowed me down some. I slept almost all day yesterday. Your not the only one with cold weather, it would freeze the you know what off a brass monkey here. I've been cold alot, I just wrap up in a blanket.

Tobey~~Thank goodness these holidays are about over for another year. I need to through out past and start again. I thank I'm going to live now. I haven't been to a zoo for years. I love wild animals. Here the zoo is free a lot during the winter months. If it's down to 32 when it opens in the morning you can get in free. Congrats to you for keeping your weight off for a year. Girl that is one heck of an accomplishment. You never did tell what all the toys you got for Christmas, got me wondering. Thank you for the get well greetings.

Sally~~Seems like this group has had so many ladies that have lost babies. That is good thought, at least they know how to respond to someone like Lori at this time. I never lost a baby, I can't get rid of them now and they are in their 30's. It don't seem to me they growed up. Your X must be one heck of a loser. His age and he has to raise money from his friends to fight for his kids.Duh, You made a good choice dumping him. Even your girls are better off with the man you have now, he's their daddy.

Skeeter~~I'm glad your feeling better. I did not call the doctor, not much I can take for a cold with the asthma. Even the asthma meds will cause my blood pressure to come up. Thank God it hasn't set in. I might get by with out it getting started. So for so good. Fish still have the ick. Does the white specks fall off or what. Is there anything else I need to put in the water now for a preventative? What about salt, I bought some, but I'm afraid to put it in.
The story on my daughter. When she stopped talking to us over two years ago, it was because she didn't pay for a car that we had signed for and we had to pay for it. With all the money she makes she is still blowing it and was going to go to court on Monday because they was evicting her from her app. My son called and wanted to know when Breakfast would be ready so he could see her here, his wife didn't want anyone to see how dirty her house was. I was sick already. They hung around here half a day with one extra kid with them so I had 8 kids in here. My daughter hung around waiting for them all to leave so she could hit me up for money, she don't want to ask her Dad. Can you believe she had the guts to ask me for $643.00. I told her I couldn't loan it to her she had to ask her Dad. He always fussed at me when I would loan the kids money. LOAN CRAP!!! GIVE THEM MONEY. She didn't want to call him so I did it for her, but made her talk to him. She cried like a baby, said it was so humiliating(that is spelled wrong and spell check won't help me) for someone her age to have to ask for money. "WELL I WOULD THANK SO!!" Hubby says that if she don't pay it back he will file in small claims court on her. We wouldn't win because I don't have anything to prove it. But at least we would show her that is ain't that easy. She also showed a lot of disrespect for me. She told me she was leaving Okla. City at 4:30 and that would throw her getting her no later than 8:00. I put the kids to bed at 11:00 and went to bed. At 12:30 she called from Tulsa and said she would be right here. WE are an hour from Tulsa. She got here at 2:30 am. She used to do me that way when she lived at home. I told you all that her talking to me could change in a New York min. If she decides not to pay the money back, we won't hear from her for two years. Not having a relationship with her is easier than trying to have one. Enough of my crappie life. Hope all is well with you guys.
Old 12-30-2001, 03:31 PM   #18  

Hi Ya'll

Sounds like everyone is doing better today. I've had a headache off and on since last night. They don't go away for very long so that usually means its a sinus headache. Hate those. I'm going to run out and get a few groceries in a little bit but wanted to stop in and say HEY to you all. Oh, gotta get my prescriptions to.

I haven't dont much of anything today. DH took a load of laundry over to his moms to wash. He keeps insisting we do it over there until we get our sewer problem fixed. I dont see the problem was washing little loads here but if he wants to lug them over there, well thats fine with me. Luckily we don't usually have more than 2 or 3 loads a week and 4 or 5 when I was towels and sheets every other week. DH wears a uniform for work so that really helps alot when it comes to laundry. I know someone who does 2-3 loads of laundry every day. Sheesh.

Its another cold day today. I should be getting used to it by now but I'm not. I just wish we had a little snow to go with it. I keep our furnace set below 70, usually about 68 degrees just because of the high heating bills we had last year. It seems better this year so I may just have to turn the heat up a bit and be warm and try to not worry about it.

Marlana, I'm glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better. I hope it doesnt go to your chest to. I keep an inhaler on hand just for those times but I know those things do tend to raise the blood pressure, something you don't need to have happen. I can only stand using the inhaler because some of the pills they have for asthma just make me to jittery, my heart pounds and I can't sleep when I take them. Hopefully my asthma never gets bad enuff that I have to take them again. The only thing that got the attention of dh about my stretchy jeans and mock turtle neck was the price. Of course, he has to ask how much but I was prepared cause I had a 40% off coupon for the jeans so I got them really reasonable AND the shirt was half off to. So he cant complain about that. I really need clothes. I'm sick of what I have cause most of them are really old, plus us gals just need something new once in awhile. I felt bad for you when I read about your daughters visit. We have had to borrow from my MIL before but have tried to pay her back. DH helps maintain her property for her by mowing her yard and in the winter he helps to keep her drive and sidewalk cleared off. Once we get the new sewer line paid for we'll go back to paying her back. I always think about that money and I never think of it as she just gave it to us. Luckily we don't need help very often. Your poor fish are sick to??? The poor babies. I hope they get rid of the ick!! Wonder what thats from.

Skeeter, welcome back to the land of the living. Is that nasal spray called Nasacort or, oh theres another one the dr has prescribed for me when I would get really bad. I should of gotten it when I was sick the last two times but I just didn't. I think I would of felt better alot faster. You know, I think I eat more when I'm sick to but mainly because I'm trying to find something that actually tastes good. Also probably because I'm just sitting or laying around and I'm bored. I can't take Tylenol with codeine. It makes me sick to my stomach. Anyway, I'm glad your doing better to.

Sally, I just went back and re-read your post about your ex. I missed it last time. Good god, what is that man thinking!!!! He is out of his mind if he thinks a judge would give him custody and to think he thinks his friends will give him money to help him. If they are men, they might help because men tend to think of child support money as money that is going into the ex's pocket so she can go have fun and buy stuff for herself. Not all men think like that but if they are friends of his, they probably do. I don't have kids and I don't have an ex but I could probably do a whole post just bashing dead beat dads. It just burns me up. I'm the child of a dead beat dad so I guess I'm qualified.

Tobey, I actually slept in this morning till 9:30. It was nice. But I had to drag myself out of bed cause we made plans to meet my MIL & BIL for breakfast. Did you meet your goal for your race? You know, the mall wasn't bad when I got there but it was hopping when I left. I can't take all those people but at least I got some bills paid while I was out there. I will look for those small bottles of champaign you were talking about. I did notice I have a couple of wine coolers in the fridge so I may just pick up a 6 pack of beer for dh. We are going out to my BIL & SIL's tomorrow night but we'll be home well before midnight and I'll have my booze when we get home. Oh, I also have a couple of TGI Fridays mixers. Hmmm, a mudslide sounds good to.

Lori, I'm glad 2001 is about over with to. I can't really say its been a horrible year but its not been a good one either. One of my resolutions this year is to get my bills straightened out. I'm doing better than I was but I plan to take a day and just go thru everything and really work something out. We've got all these medical bills that just killed us this year. I sure wish dh had an HMO instead of the insurance he has, we wouldn't be having the problems we've got now.

I've got to get going now. I need to drag myself to the grocery store and the drug store. Take care.
Old 12-30-2001, 06:56 PM   #19  

Good evening gals. I thought that I'd finally get in here for today. My food plan has been hit and miss lately. I hit the cookies and miss the veggies! Anyway, I hate to sound cliche, but I guess it'll have to be a New Year's Resolution. Not so much to lose weight, lovely dear bf said I don't need to lose any and bought me some new clothes this weekend, but I want to clean it up, eat healthy and exercise regularly. Any weight lost will be a nice "side effect". I'm 5'9" and about 145 or so, so he may be right. Anyway, I was 125 a couple years ago. That was too thin, my size 4's hung on me. I've got to stop comparing myself to that. Heck I was once 190 also. That seems easier to forget. Enough of that. I'm just going for overall health from now on. I went to the sports bar and watched the Dolphins play. They won, barely. But now I smell like smoke and my eyes burn. YUK! I should do some sort of cleaning tonight. At least I've got laundry going now.

Jojo- Boy, your thermostat at 68 sounds nice. Mine is on 64. Call me a tight-wad. I'd rather spend the money on fun stuff. Dear bf actually wanted to buy me one of those remote car starters, but since I plan on getting a new car in early spring, he decided to wait. It sounds wonderful.

Marlana- I'm glad that you are starting to feel better. Sorry your daughter is giving you such a terrible time. I wish there were some magic words I could say to make it better! (((HUG))) How are the little fishies doing?

Tobey- Wow, what a way to wake up. I was startled out of my sleep about the same time. One of the dear kitties knocked over a wire corner unit about 6:30. Lovely cats, yes they are. Another race today! WOW! How did it go? You run probably about twice as fast as me, but I promise, by summer I'll catch you!

Skeeter- I'm glad you're starting to feel better too. Usually on the holidays our census is down some so there is some quiet time. But on normal days, night shift can be just like all day. Since I go in at 7pm, I give all my patients their sleepers with their 10 pm meds, but then I get to wake them up at midnight for vitals! I'm so bad!

Lori- Although I don't know you, I am sorry for your loss. I hope next year proves to be better for you.

Sally- I know I've asked you before, but is your X insane? He sure isn't thinking clearly, or at all for that matter. I don't think you have anything to worry about from what you've said, but what a pain in the rear to have to deal with.

Well gals, I think that's about all for me. I want to go surf the net to get info about some cars I might want to take a look at!

Jen
Old 12-30-2001, 08:30 PM   #20  

HOWDY TO Y'ALL,
Yes, I have returned! I did not fall off the face of the earth! I just didn't get on the machine enough. And then when I did I just couldn't get all the posts read and replyed to. I know that sounds lazy and selfish, but I do have a resolution to get up here and look through things every other day. I just can't seem to do it every day. I have gotten on at school, but I can't post as I don't have my password with me, etc. I will try to do better.
I sure hope all of you had a great holiday. I know mine was fine. I think I told you all that my side celebrated the Friday after Thanksgiving. The other side celebrated the Sunday before the 25th, so that day was to ourselves. Chritmas Eve I sang with the choir at 10:00 P.M. mass. I never get to sing with adults. Christmas Day the neighbors invited us over for Dinner and it was great. I have been getting a few things done around the house and have gone shopping 2 days for fun. So my time has been good. Tomorrow night, our neighborhood will have a progressive New Year's party. We always have a lot fun together. I know that I will have to begin all over, but that was in my overall plans. I have been trying to eat healthy, but today I opened the nut and candy package. I will have to take that tomorrow and let the rest of them eat it, or what is left.
Our little group will start fresh next week and we all will have new charts and new ideas. We might all get little graphs to keep us going. I do look forward to our meetings and have gotten a lot of support from the ladies, just like I do here, when I show up.
I better get off now and send this before I write a book. I'm sorry that I don't know what is going on in your lives. I think of you often and say a prayer for you. Thank you, Marlana, for the stories, etc. you send me. I know that I am not forgotten. I will try to get in more often. You all take care and I will try to catch up with your lives as we go. Keep working because you all are worth the effort.
Carol
Old 12-31-2001, 09:34 AM   #21  
Senior Chick

Happy New Year everyone.

Yesterday was another day spent in bed. I guess I shouldn't have gone out on Saturday but it was so warm and I did feel better. My husband also spent the whole day in bed yesterday, too bad we felt so lousy. The dogs couldn't figure out why we didn't get up but dogs love laying around anyhow. It sounds romantic to think about laying around in bed all day but believe me it was anything but. Couldn't concentrate on TV either with all the sneezing, sniffing and coughing going on.

Tobey~Congratulations on reaching such a wonderful anniversary of a whole year of keeping your weight off. That is a great accomplishment and an added reason to celebrate the new year. How did your run go, did you make your goal of under 27 minutes? I got your email and am very glad that you got the walking stick. I am embarrassed at telling you how much it cost to send it. They didn't quote us any prices until it was already packed like it was made of china. I meant to save the receipt but now can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyhow, they also charged us about $6 for the packing and hubby usually sells the sticks for about $8. It is terrible for you to end up spending that much for a tree limb. We were shocked at the shipping and packing charges and won't go back to that particular place. I hope that your mom likes it. Hubby hasn't even gotten out of bed today. We were supposed to go out for dinner with friends today but I warned them yesterday that we may have to cancel. We will be spending New Years Eve safely in bed in drugged slumber having Tylenol with codeine instead of champagne.

JoJo~That new outfit sounds really great. I just this minute realized that I grabbed a new pair of jeans and a denim shirt when we went shopping last Wednesday. I have no idea what I did with them but they sure weren't in the load of laundry that we did on Saturday. With both of us being sick we managed one load of laundry on Saturday. The rest will just have to wait until I feel better. I guess I better look for those new clothes when I get done here. The prescription nasal spray is called Nasanex. I have only used stuff like that one other time so I don't know a lot about it except that I hate spraying it up my nose.

Marlana~I'm sorry that your daughter had a hidden agenda for her visit. Your suspicions were right on target. I hope your are feeling better today. I sure wanted to spend tonight out around a warm fire but we will have to settle for a fire in the family room in the fireplace tonight. That is if hubby feels up to building one in there. It doesn't really matter to me because I don't feel much better today anyhow. At least, I am up an about a little. I was going to groom the dogs yesterday and today but maybe I'll just start braiding there hair instead.

Jen~It sure sounds like your weight is pretty good for your height. I guess tonight will be a long one for you working that 12 hour shift. Do you have any plans for something either before or after? I doubt if I will even make it to watch the festivities on TV. If I could get a nap today, maybe I can celebrate with Dick Clark.

Carol~It is so good to hear from you again. We were beginning to wonder what was going on with you and yours. I hope that you have a great New Year and can find time occasionally to visit with us.

I think that I hear my husband moving around some so I better go see if he needs anything. Hope you all have a wonderful and safe New Years Eve.
Old 12-31-2001, 02:12 PM   #22  

Happy New Year’s Eve!

Well I may be in shape but I’m not bright! Dh was so sweet and decided to attend my race yesterday and take some pics despite the cold temps and even colder wind. There was a Starbucks across the street from the finish line and told him go and enjoy a coffee until I got back – which was to be after about 27 minutes. So the race starts. I’m doing great. I then caught up to these 3 guys who seems to be going at a good pace. So I decided to make them my pace setters. I stayed right behind them; passed the same people they passed. I was feeling great. Then I looked at my watch to check my time. I was really surprised to see that I was WAY off course and there would be no way that I could make 27 minutes. I couldn’t figure it out – I was doing so great. Then “bing” the light goes on – I missed the 5K maker and ended up on the 10K route! All could think about was poor dh standing out in the cold expected me to cross the finish line and I was still another 25 minutes away! Well that kept me very motivated and I finished the 10K (6.2 miles) in 54 minutes. Which I think is a respectable time.
So does anyone have any big plans for tonight? I can tell you I won’t do what I did on Christmas Eve! Actually we have some nice plans with friends who we haven’t seen since last May! We are going to a “dinner party” (it will only be 4 or 5 of us). But we are providing the dinner. We are going to prepare a 5 course (all LF of course) meal at their house for them. I have even picked up really pretty paper plates and plastic cutlery so that clean up will be much earlier. They have treated us to so many dinners and our place is so tiny that we thought this would work out just perfect! They don’t have to do a thing.

Marlana: Sorry to hear to and your fishies are still under the weather. I did get grownup toys but not adult toys Dh spoiled me with 3 different Givinchy perfume gift sets, plus professional makeup and brushes from Holt Renfrew, mil also got me a beautiful blouse and a gorgeous earrings. We also got a bum warmer for our car – it is soooo nice. And other things like bath goodies, running goodies, Christmas ornaments, needle point kit, a hand vac and probably a million other things that I am forgetting. We have a small family with no kids so we always end up going overboard spoiling everyone. Oh yah speaking of going overboard – dh’s aunt and uncle gave us a weekend away in a small town called St. Jacob’s. It is a quaint Mennonite village. I’m starting to feel guilty about everything we got. Everyone was so thoughtful and they were all meaningful gifts. Your daughter sounds exactly like my cousin. Only his mom doesn’t have any money (her credit is totally maxed out!) so he would manipulate and “rob” my grandparents. For my wedding, my aunt convinced my mom to buy him a plane ticket so that he could be there. I told my mom DO NOT DO IT. And she would normally be smart enough but I think she was caught up in the moment and did it. What happened? He cancelled the ticket, didn’t come to our wedding, and took a trip at a later date. And no, he never did pay my mom back. That makes me so mad as my mom doesn’t have much money at all and works very hard for every she has. I don’t understand how people can be like that. Dh and I have never borrowed any money from our families. Not even for university. I hope 2002 brings more cheer for you.

Jojo: Hope your head is feeling better. Seems like our group is in rough shape this holiday season! I agree is hubby is will to lug your laundry around – let him go for it! Keep him out of trouble. How was breakfast with the ILs? I love getting together with people for breakfast – it is just so relaxing. I try to do a nice homemade brunch with dh every weekend. I even make fresh squeezed orange juice. I hope you enjoy your night tonight – have a Mudslide for me.

Jen: I think your bf is right. Your weight is perfect. For your height your safe weight range is about 132 – 167 lb. When you were 125 you were definitely under weight! I think your commitment to “cleaning up your act” is definitely the way to go. If you want to use something to measure your progress, you may want to consider a good body fat scale. Or you can just go by how you feel. Okay I’ll get off my soap box now – sorry about that! You would think I was your mom or something. To change to subject, what kind of car are you looking at? Will you go brand new or used? I have never owned a brand new car before – bet it would be exciting.

Boss: Happy Holidays! So glad that you checked in. No one could ever accuse you of being lazy! You are one hard working lady. It sounds like your holidays have been just wonderful! I think using charts/graphs is a great way to track your progress. I find them very motivating. I have started using a bar graph to track my weekly running mileage. Have a ball at your neighbourhood party tonight.

Skeeter: Sorry to hear that you and hubby are still sooo sick! Don’t worry about the shipping costs. If I wrote you a check for $30 USD would that be alright? Just let me know and I will get it off to you ASAP. Too bad you will miss dinner with friends – but at least you will be with hubby. Hopefully the body fluids will be a bit calmer so you can at least hear the TV! I’m sure the boys will be happy that you are staying home. Have a good one!

Well I have to go and make up a fruit tray for dessert. I hope every one has a safe and happy New Year what ever your plans may be. You will all be in my thoughts at midnight tonight.

Tobey
Old 12-31-2001, 03:06 PM   #23  

Happy New Years Eve Everyone

I hope you are having a good day. I took the day off and I'm off tomorrow so I'm enjoying my 4 day weekend. Dh had to work today but he got Xmas eve off and I didn't. I'm still in my night gown and robe but I'm going to get in the shower in a little bit and then get dressed, hopefully by the time dh is home from work. Then he doesn't have to know I've lounged around all day.

I've not really given much thought about a food plan yet. I am still searching for something but I'll probably just end up doing a 1600-1800 cal plan like I did before. I've got my Richard Simmons Food Mover to help me keep track of my servings each day. I am not so sure I'm going to jump right back into Taebo right off the bat but I am going to workout with some weights and do some ab and butt work and then maybe the following week I'll work into some taebo. I'm still dealing with the sinus crap and I know I'll cough and hack thru a rigorous workout.

I know how much I want to lose but I'm trying to be realistic and shoot for a goal of about 50lbs this coming year. I know how long it took me to lose the 29 or 30lbs I lost before. I just don't lose weight as fast as I used to and I have to accept that. It is disappointing tho.

Tobey, it was your attachment that made me think of shooting for 50lbs. It just sounded like a decent amount to shoot for. I think you definetly made your goal of 27 mins for 5k. I think you did great. Congrats to you on doing so well, getting into running and stuff. I think the running is probably going to be what really keeps your weight off you. A diet is good but exercise is what really makes the difference. And I know you know that. Part of what I said, well, I'm giving myself a talking to. Oh, I want to have a dinner party and have you come and cook the dinner for me to!!!!! In fact, you can come cook all my meals. That is really nice of you to do that for your friends. I hope you have a lot of fun.

Skeeter, bed is probably the best thing for you and your dh. I know I should of done that myself when I was sick but I'm just not much for laying in bed once I'm up. I did lay around on the couch some, oh that was when my back was bothering me so much. DH & I are going to his brothers house tonight for awhile but I know we'll be home probably no later than 10:00. For one thing, there will be fireworks tonight and our furbaby is petrified of fireworks. I may have to give her a half of a sedative.

Carol, its good to see you again. I was wondering about you. I'm glad you didn't drop off the face of the earth. Your neighborhood party sounds like a good time. Happy New Year to you.

Jen, I've got our thermostat set for 70 today. The house was cold when I dragged myself out of bed this morning. Your weight sounds perfect for me. My all time goal is to get to 145 and I'm not quite 5'4" so you being 5'9", I bet you look really good. Going for health sounds like the best thing and thats really all I want to do. Well, I do want to look better to. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going for that.

I've baked an Amaretto Poppyseed cake for tonight. I hope everyone likes it. DH's favorite cake is a poppyseed cake but this is the first time I've made one with amaretto flavoring. Take care everyone and have a very nice New Years Eve.
Old 12-31-2001, 05:48 PM   #24  

Good evening gals. I'm just tooling around the house, trying to tie up loose ends before I go to work tonight and I thought that I'd better yak at you guys one last time this year! What a great way to spend New Years, at work! 7-7 again tonight. We are having a "pot-luck". I'm taking a veggie tray and the rest of my cookies to get them out of the house. Ok, maybe I'll keep a couple, but only the best ones. The rest go to work. I did manage to get in a run today. It's not as cold out. I heard it's even supposed to be in the low 30's later this week. Sounds perfect for running. Anyway, I got about 1 1/2 miles today. I drove around the neighborhood and now have 3/4, 1, and 1 1/2 mile routes planned out. Now I can just mix up the routes for different distances. Then I came home and did some strength training. It's amazing how much better I feel after. My mind is just racing, I'm more alert, I must be crazy...Ok, enough of that!

Jojo- Sounds like you've got a pretty good plan to start with. Take it easy until your sinus crap has resolved some. I do need to tone up some. I've still got flabby arms and cottage cheese for a butt, and thighs!

Tobey- Oh Tobey. What are we going to do with you? I wonder if I'll lose my brains when I'm able to run as far as you?! Your poor husband. I bet he froze his tushy off waiting for you! I have a 99 Olds Alero now. My lease is up in April. I've bought cars before, but I always trade them in as soon as they are paid for, so I might as well lease and keep lower payments. Plus then I always have a car under warranty. Something that comes in handy for a single gal!!! I'm probably going to get another one, just newer. They've sent me so many discounts and rebates to get me into another one, it'll lower my payments considerably. For what I'd be paying, it's alot of car for the money!

Skeeter- Your body tells you when it needs to rest in bed for a day. Listen to it. After work in the morning, I'm going to go over to dear bf house so he can watch me sleep for a few hours. Then I'm going to let him make dinner for me on the George Foreman grill and veggie steamer I got him for xmas!

Carol- Glad to hear from you. We'll take you whenever you feel like stopping in.

I guess that's about all for today.

Happy New Year!!!

Jen
Old 01-01-2002, 01:44 PM   #25  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I thank I'm going to live. Not feeling too bad today. Well I do feel a little bad, I lost my little Male Guppy yesterday. Cleo ate his tail off. I had to put Cleo into the basket. I'm going to have to take the Bettas out of the tank and put them back into bowls. They've had Ick, me too. Two of them are all cleared up but Bubba still has some spots. He's not eating well either. I tell you it's something going on all the time. I guess I'll kill off the first bunch before I learn how to handle them. Ball games on our TV from morning to bed time today. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jo Jo~~That will be the day when my husband does any laundry!! I don't thank I would want him too though, he would wash jeans with undies. I haven't done anything since I got sick so I've go plenty to do today, laundry up to my ying yang. JO JO I got lucky so for, the cold hasn't gone into my chest, I don't thank it will now. I'm so grateful for that. Us do a better job with this weight thing in 2002, what do you say? Any ideas to help us??? I was glued to your attachment of the flasher, I thought it was dirty. duh

Jen~~I hit the cookies and miss the veggies! I love it, couldn't have said it better myself. It's a new year and we must go on. I need to get really serious about exercising and watching what goes in my mouth. What a sweet bf you got girl. I remember one time losing down to about 140 and hubby wanted me to stop losing too. I thank they get to thanking we might just start looking too good, if you know what I mean. Thanks for the hug, I needed it. When it comes to my daughter she can put me into a tail spin. She not only does she eat compulsive she spends that way too. Book smart, but got problems running her life. She's the RN. Oh Oh Oh...I just read you had to work last night. I bet the ER was loaded down with drunks, must have bee quite a night!

Carol~~So glad to see you hadn't dropped off the face of the earth. Sometimes I would like to, wouldn't you? I hope your new old group gets you going again. We've missed you here.

Skeeter~~Glad your a little more mobil. I hope this is the one and only sick spell I have this winter. I'm feeling a lot better today. Girl I'm glad I don't have any other pets except these fish. They keep me busy. I'm taking one devider out of the tank and putting two of the Bettas back in the bowls. Neon is still not moving around much at all. Bubba still has spots and isn't eating well at all. I bet he's the one that brought the ick to the tank. I'll have to treat at least once more and maybe 2 more times. I'm going to keep treatment in the bowls too. Crap other people just through them in a vase and almost forget about them. We keep ours too clean.

Tobey~~Think, think, think, girlfriend before you start another race. I bet your dh wasn't hurting as bad as you was. That must have been a shocker. We done nothing last night we wouldn't have done any other night. New Year's Eve is a time to stay off the roads in Okla. Every body that doesn't drank a drop through the year drinks on that day and they can't handle it. So we stay off the roads. I don't know about you but I am so glad these holidays are over. Hubby goes back to work tomorrow and I am so glad. Maybe I can get down to business again. All the gifts you got just confirms what I believed about you in the first place. "YOUR A VERY NICE PERSON." My daughter, God bless her, for her sake I hope she pays us back, because if she does she will feel so good about herself.

Ballgame is still on and I didn't miss a thing. I'm going to get busy now, I feel so much better. Thanks everyone for keeping this thing going while Skeeter and I was down.
Old 01-01-2002, 02:17 PM   #26  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I, for one am glad to see 2001 come to an end. Lets hope that 2002 is better. I was watching the Rose Parade and they had a float honoring the rescue dogs that worked the disaster site in NY and stuff like that, it still moves me almost to tears. I know that is one thing I will never forget.

Well, last night was not a good night for sleeping. The dog was freaked out by the fireworks and I gave her a half of one of her sedatives thinking that would calm her down. It did somewhat but then our furnace started acting up not long after dh was sawing logs. Every year we have a problem with the flame sensor where it gets a carbon buildup on it and needs to be scraped off. Dh does that now since I showed him where it was when the repairman was here several years ago. Well, last night it started not coming on so I got dh up and he sanded off the sensor and that still didn't help. He tried it another time and I remember last year when it happened like this, the repairman just touched a wire and it came on. So I just touched a wire and it came on. We have heat again. I was getting ready to wake our repairman up at 2:30 tho. So that was fine until I went to bed and then the dog wouldn't leave us alone. We each got up with her several times and then I noticed whenever the heat came on, it would make a pop noise and she'd flinch. Well, I knew what that pop noise was, it meant the filter needed changing. Normally we'd of waited till later but the dog was freaked out, at one point she was laying across me and dh. So dh got up cussing and changed the filter and after a little while the dog calmed down but I bet it was 5 a.m. before I got to sleep and I woke up at 10:15. I feel pretty good tho. I am still in my night clothes and still have to take a shower yet. We are going to my MIL's pretty soon for ham and beans and cornbread. Yummmm. It sounds good for such a cold day.

Marlana, I'm so glad that you are feeling better and that it hasn't settled in your chest. The other crap is enuff, dont need the asthma to flare up to. Well, I'm still thinking on my plan to lose weight this year. As I mentioned in my last post, I'm going to try and shoot for losing 50lbs this year. It just sounds reasonable to me and I need it to be reasonable. I'm going to use my Richard Simmons Food mover to help me keep track. I'm going to shoot for 1600-1800 calories a day. And I'm going to exercise again. I don't have the right foods this week to really do good but after today, I'm just going to be careful and watch my servings and I plan to hit the salad bar at work for lunches. Plus my usual yogurt and toast or english muffin for breakfast. If I go light during the day, I seem to do better.

Jen, I've got stuff to take to work with me to. My MIL gets us a bag of mixed nuts every year, well this year she threw in a bag of cashews which is my favorite. I'm taking some of them to work with me along with some other stuff just to get rid of it otherwise I'm the one eatting it. Well, cottage cheese describes my butt to. I plan to really concentrate on exercises for the lower body as that is where I need it the worst.

Well, I'm going to get off here now. DH just got back and I need to shower and get dressed. Take care everyone.
Old 01-01-2002, 04:20 PM   #27  

This is post number #26 ~ so I will start a new thread.

See you in 128!
Closed Thread