Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-22-2007, 08:36 PM   #1  
Going to Turn It Around

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'4"

Default I am bad....very bad!

I had a very bad day yesterday. My son had the nerve to bring Pizza Hut into my house. I went online and figured that I was low on my calories for the day anyway and decided that I could have one piece of pizza and one hot wing. And then my family, the people who are supposed to love me, left me alone here with the leftovers. After I took care of that I moved on to other foods. I totally blew it. I should have just stayed completely away from it. I knew it was one of my trigger foods and I let it ruin a perfect week. So today what did I do? I decided to not eat anything at all today to make up for yesterday. Yes, I know better. I didn't eat a thing until nearly 5:00 this afternoon, when I couldn't stand it any longer. So today I have had nothing but a Healthy Choice dinner.

I need to be locked in a room and fed through a slot in the door.
stranger n my mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #2  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi Ronda,
You're funny! The good thing is at least you owned up to it, now you can just press on and keep going from there.
Oh and there's no need to lock yourself up, that might be too extreme, LOL.
You can do it, for sure!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Those are hard days to take, but it happens to all of us. Tommorow, just pick up where you left off and you'll be on track again.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Sigh... What a bad day! Wow, you really did trigger...

OK, so I've been known to throw away food rather than risk eating it. You might want to add that to your list of strategies. And, I've heard of some people not only putting it in the trash, but pouring coffee grounds or dry detergent or something like that on it so they won't be pulling it out later! No, we no longer worry about "wasting" food, because most of us here on 3FC never did waste it, we "waisted " it instead.

Next, please don't punish yourself by not eating the next day. All that will do is tend to start you on a cycle of bingeing and then starving. The best way to deal with eating a whole lot of food is to go back to your plan--whether it's calorie counting, points, or some other program. And be strict about it! And stay with it strictly! You can expect that your weight loss might stall for a bit, but if you stay with your plan, your weight will drop again.

Remember, unless someone holds you down and forces food between your teeth, you are the one in control! Do whatever you have to do to stay with your intentions.

Hang in there!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
OK, so I've been known to throw away food rather than risk eating it. You might want to add that to your list of strategies. And, I've heard of some people not only putting it in the trash, but pouring coffee grounds or dry detergent or something like that on it so they won't be pulling it out later! No, we no longer worry about "wasting" food, because most of us here on 3FC never did waste it, we "waisted " it instead.
I had to laugh while reading this because I did the same thing today. I worked out at the gym, and then I needed to pick up a few things at the grocery store. Well, my store had a new product (at least new to them): Garden of Eatin' baked cheese puffs (kind of like the health-food-store version of Cheetos). I tried to talk myself out of buying it, but buy it I did. When I got in the car, I opened the package, and . . . they didn't taste good. For some reason, though, I ate a few more, and then to stop myself from eating any more, I poured some day-old Starbuck's coffee that was in my car right into the bag of cheese puffs! I was thinking to myself that there was no way that I was going to bust my butt in the gym and have it all cancelled out by some lousy cheese puffs!

Strangernthemirror, you're not bad; you're just normal. We've all given in to temptation at times. The important thing is to not make those temptations a regular part of your diet again.
lynnm39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:58 PM   #6  
mathlab

S/C/G: 224/163/145

I heard a good quote recently:

"I didn't come this far just to be told what to do by a (insert food name here)!

Yesterday I had a perfectly wonderful day (was visitng the out-of-town in-laws) - went for a brisk walk in the morning, had sensible meals (including a pot-luck with lots of food available). The very last hour of the day, I managed to scarf down handfuls of raisinettes and mixed nuts. I chalk it up to temporary insanity.

Today I'm back in my right mind. It happens to all of us.

Last edited by bethel; 07-22-2007 at 10:59 PM. Reason: typos
bethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I just wanted to echo the comment that not eating the next day, while it may seem like a good idea at the time, may very well set you on a cycle where you binge, then starve to regain control, binge because you're starving, and repeat! But, it sounds like you sorta know that already.

This happens to all of us and is, unfortunately, a part of learning a new lifestyle where you restrict what you eat to some extent.

Take the negative and turn it to a positive! Explore whether you not you should be trusted with those foods again! Try to figure out strategies for handling it differently the NEXT time! (cause, sadly, we know that these situations arise again).
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:56 AM   #8  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Next time, throw the leftovers into the freezer. It will stop you from picking at it, and your family can eat it after it defrosts.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:58 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

As long as we're talking trash here, my DH brought me home a 1/2 gallon of fat free/sugar free ice cream. 60 calories for a 3 oz. serving. So I portioned out a small serving and then another one and then another. It wasn't even that good. In the middle of my third serving, I got up and dumped it down the sink. And then the remainder of the 1/2 gallon went right along with it. It took lots of hot water to get it down the sink. Wasting all the hot water bothered me more then dumping the ice cream.

I don't want it in the house, I don't need it, I don't care what it cost, whose feelings I'm hurting. I don't care. I just know that ice cream, any kind of ice cream, is a binge food for me. And it's evil. And I don't even want to THINK about it.

Stranger, I agree with Heather though. There's no need to punish yourself by not eating the next day. It really can end up back firing in the end. We all have our bad days, that's just part of the little plan. Remember how you felt when you overate so that you repeat it less and less. Get right back on track with healthy eating the very next day.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin
Wasting all the hot water bothered me more then dumping the ice cream.

I think that's how I'd feel too... but you HAVE to do that, cause it won't melt fast enough on it's own! I suppose you could spray something on it... wow, how odd is it to think up less wasteful ways to throw away food!

Ice cream is a total binge food for me too. I will have it "out" a couple of times a year, but I just can't have it in the house!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

I have to agree with the others about not starving the next day just to make up for one bad day. That definately sets you up for pigging out later because you are soooo hungry. Just pick yourself up and dust yourself off and start over sensible the next day. One slip up does not undo a whole months worth of work....or you know, however long youve been doing this. It's okay. We all have those days. I know i do. I just do better the next day. Goodluck!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Well, stranger, no one is perfect - just get back to it!
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

I agree - throw leftovers in the trash! Have no shame about wasting food!

My sister was in town recently and brought a box of donuts to my house! Why does she do that when she knows I'm trying to lose weight? I told her she better take them with her when she left because I was going to throw them directly into the trash as soon as she left. She didn't take them with her, and as soon as she left I tossed the whole box in the garbage and dumped something on top of them. I don't need to blow my diet by eating a bunch of donuts I didn't want in the first place!
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:47 PM   #14  
Queen of Everything

Height: 5'5

my sister brought over this leftover spicy african-style chicken (sitting in the fridge atm)... which doesn't sound all that bad, but the sauce is loaded with palm oil -you actually have to skim it while it cooks. i have no idea how many calories it is, but it's totally something i could pig out on... she usually serves it with fufu, but i prefer rice... anyway, i was gonna serve it for dinner tonight, but it's really gonna suck watching everyone else have some.
Mdae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:30 PM   #15  
Going to Turn It Around

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'4"

Sabotage!!! Why do people do this to us? I would never purposefully tempt anyone with food if I knew they were trying to lose weight. If you knew someone was a recovering alcoholic would you bring them a six-pack? It's the same thing! The only difference is that an alcoholic can live without their poison but we cannot.

Well, I went to bed hungry last night. Which felt much better than the stuffed state I was in the night before. I am doing much, much better today. I am right back on track, no thanks to my son, the one who brought home the pizza Saturday. He is finding great joy in trying to tempt me. I told him that he does it one more time then he can just go find his own place to live. I was semi-serious of course. He is 21, not going to school, and not working so I might need to get a little more serious about that!
stranger n my mirror is offline   Reply With Quote