Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 09:50 PM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias -- #131

Good Evening, Flowers!
Well, my computer is back home again and I am doing a happy dance! We got it back late yesterday afternoon but I was gone last night so didn't check in. I had 178 emails filling my mailbox . . . most of them were ads and junk! I haven't gotten to the "good" stuff yet as I've been busy deleting!

Gloria's post ran over to the second page so I will start a new one. It seems that it only takes 15 posts to hit page 2.

Maggie -- I would love to see pictures of your glass projects! We do have another computer place in town but he is known to take even longer to work on the machine and then when you get it back, things are missing that you wanted to keep!

Gloria -- I can't imagine cooking so much food and having so many people invited to a holiday party. Your daughter must have patience plus! I would be a wreck! The problem with the computer was that I downloaded a new virus scan and in the process it corrupted the whole system -- whatever that means. In the end it didn't take them long to figure it out or fix it but they definitely do things when they get the urge!

I need to get busy and do some ironing. Have a wonderful Wednesday, Flowers!

Jean -- so glad to be back from Iowa!
Old 12-19-2001, 12:10 AM   #2  
Thin Within

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It has been another lovely day here. We have been so busy which is good for me.

Jean that is good you have your computer back! I took some pictures and when I get a new scanner around the first of the new year and the photos developed which are still in the camera I will send you some. Beleive me you won't turn blue before it hapens.

Gloria that is so neat there was no food leftover. That means she is an excellent cook besides being so organized. That is one daughter you must be real proud of. Take all the graphics you want.....I picked them up here and there myself.

Have a good evening ya'all
Old 12-19-2001, 05:55 PM   #3  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's been another nice day in Iowa! It was 18 degrees when I left for school this morning; the sun came out and it was 46 on my way home this afternoon. Still no snow although they are predicting some for the weekend.

Maggie -- how can I take the graphics? As you may remember, I am the LD computer person in the group!

We have a neighborhood open house tonight so I'd better get a move on. DH has a church meeting to conduct so we will go in shifts -- it's a good thing we know everyone!

Have a terrific Thursday! I only have 6 days left in speech! Yippee!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 12-19-2001, 06:54 PM   #4  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Another day done and we were so busy I can't remember all that we did. We got home and DH the good person that he is said I looked tired and would I like to go out to eat. Of course, I said yes!!!!! Went to the new place in the town square & ate too much but it was good. I had Lobster & Shrimp over Linquini and DH has Scrod Oscar. Now I need to really watch what I eat for a couple of days.

MAGGIE I would love to see the pictures of your project. I have a window at the end of the living room with 18 small panes of glass. We have collected sun catchers where ever we have traveled and they are displayed, one in each pane. It is especially pretty when the sun shines through.

JEAN It is good that you have your computer back. Oh my, all those emails. When we get to them each day it is easy to forget how they add up. You and DH sound as busy as we have been. It is nice to do special things at this time of year. You have only a short count down to the end of speach. Hurrah!!!!!

Gloria in MA.....going up to read & making it an early night!
Old 12-19-2001, 07:23 PM   #5  
Thin Within

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Jean to lift a graphic right click on your mouse over it and a menu comes up and where it says "save picture" save it to where ever you can find it again. "My documents" is a good place to put it. Remember what it's name is so you can find it again ~ or you can change the name to suit yourself.

Gloria I would be glad to send you the pics when I get them developed and scanned but I don't have your e-mail address. It is funny that I never set out to make sun catchers but am now getting requests for them now so I have made those two so far.

I made some cranberry orange muffins today and when they were cooling I noticed Turn in a chair near them. I told him to get down. Later Cowboy came in and picked up the chair to take it outside and dust all the crumbs off it. Little skudder had snagged one and was munching away quietly and I didn't know it.
Old 12-20-2001, 10:09 PM   #6  

Good Evening, Flowers!
I am heading to bed shortly; my holiday get-togethers are catching up with me!

Gloria -- I sent you an email and also sent your address on to Maggie. I hope it is the right one! I seem to get a lot of junk emails, do you? Your lunch sounds good! Someone told me that everything has half the calories during the holidays . . . don't we wish!

Maggie -- our Maggie cat likes baked items too! She and Turn could probably take turns! I think I borrowed one of your Christmas tree graphics so will see if it works.

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday! I personally will be glad when it is over because it will be a totally wasted day at school.

I'll have to do some searching for the tree -- it isn't where I thought I put it!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 12-22-2001, 01:52 PM   #7  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING

we are off to my Mom and Pop's after while for an afternoon - evening get together for snacks and desserts. It is fun being so close to the family again.

Gloria I sent something your way - if Jean gave me someone elses e-mail address then they got it.

Jean we had frost on the windwshield this morning. Snow in the higher mountains. A bit chilly this day.
Old 12-23-2001, 12:47 PM   #8  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default It's me...

I just wanted to wish everyone and very Merry Christmas and wish everyone that is traveling this holiday season a safe journey.

Gail
Old 12-23-2001, 08:38 PM   #9  

Good Evening, Flowers!
It is cold and snowy here in Iowa. . .we are having a white Christmas for sure! The ground is covered and the wind whipped it around so in places it looks like we got more than we actually did.

Maggie -- I'll take your frost on the windshield and you can have our snowblower to use! The geese are passing through (we hope) and are looking a little confused. All of a sudden the lake is freezing over and they are sitting on ice. I know you will enjoy being with your family again!

Gail -- nice to see you and Merry Chritmas to you too!

Have a marvelous Monday, Flowers! The countdown is on -- I'm not sure if I have everything ready or not but I am quitting. What doesn't get done, doesn't get done!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 12-24-2001, 10:59 AM   #10  
Web Nana

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Oh, am I glad I delivered the neighborhood goodies yesterday when the sun was shining and it was so pleasant I didn't even need a coat. Today it is cold, raw and rainy! We definitely wonn't have a White Christmas. For the travelers that is not a bad thing!!!!!

MAGGIE It is a wonderful time of the year to be visiting relatives. I am sure you and your folks will have a great Holiday being together. I did get your email and thanks and I hope you got my reply.

JEAN I agree what isn't done was not meant to be done. I could have done more baking but I thought what if it isn't used up and I have it in the house after Christmas. I would end up eating it and that won't do!!!!!

GAIL A MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours.

It is just about time to think of something to eat for lunch as we won't be eating til later tonight. It is DGS #2's 10th birthday today and we will stop there after church for supper and a birthday cake. His mother informed us yesterday that he is getting a gerbil for his birthday and I asked if it really was going to be a snack for the dog, Moshup! She said it was to stay in the cage and that the cage was to be out of reach of the dog. My sentiments were GOOD LUCK!

DS called yesterday and said they had decided on a name for the baby girl they expect at the end of January. Catalina is the name they decided on. I will have to get used to that one. I had hoped for a Nora but their son is Nick and he didn't want two 'N's.
I am only praying for a safe and healthy baby. Can you imagine DIL had just now given up teaching her aerobic class. She will still work on the weights but it is all with her doctor's approval.

Gloria in MA....off to set up lunch.
Old 12-25-2001, 01:38 AM   #11  
Thin Within

JUST WANT TO WISH YOU ALL A VERY....
Old 12-26-2001, 01:37 PM   #12  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I hope ya'all survived the Christmas doings. Cowboy and I had the best one we have had in a long while. Good to share it with family. I am looking forward to the 7th day of the new year coming up. That is the day I get to rejoin WW. I am ready.

Have a lovely day you lovelies.
Old 12-26-2001, 01:41 PM   #13  

Happy "Day - After" Christmas!
I tried to post last night and the blank box never did come up. The sun is trying hard to peek out but it is cold . . . it was 9 degrees when we got up this morning. All the company is gone and all that remains is the pile of gift boxes and odds 'n ends of leftover food. I am debating whether to leave the tree up until New Year's or start dismantling the decorations today. I love the tree but am tired of all the other stuff that goes along with it. It looks kind of dejected without any gifts under it.

Gloria -- Catalina reminds me of something but right now I don't remember what. You will have to keep us posted on the fate of the gerbil! I hope he survives! Beth did make a batch of cookies when she came home but I think there are only a couple left. I sent a few home with everyone when they left.

Maggie -- hope you had a nice holiday with your family!

Lorraine -- where are you? I'll bet your house was exciting with three children anticipating Santa's visit!

Have a nice afternoon, Flowers! I need to tackle the laundry!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 12-26-2001, 06:28 PM   #14  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Happy to hear you all have survived the Christmas Holiday!!! We had a relatively peaceful one. DD#1 and her two kids were here for dinner and opening the gifts and then had to visit her in-laws. Our teenager came in his own car! I never thought I would live to say that. It was enough just to think I had kids old enough to be married! Since he is into guitars and music we gave him a book on the history of guitars. I think he liked it. Also got him some clothes (wonder if they will be returned)? The 8 yr. old got a helicopter, clothes and he brought with him from home a whole assortment of spy paraphanalia (sp?). He was hiding under the table after dinner listening in on conversations. Later in the PM we visited DD#2 and her husband and 2 kids. They, also, had a spectacular visit from Santa. New game table, video game and too much stuff. Talked to the other two on the phone and all seems well.

MAGGIE Delighted to hear you had such a good day. Family is especially nice at the Holidays.

JEAN It is good when all or at least most of the 'goodies' leave with the guests. As for Catalina, as I told my son, it is the name of an Island off California, a salad dressing and a car. But we won't think about that. He is the most unusual of our kids. Once he gave his older sister a pair of red high top sneakers for Christmas. This was while she was in nursing school and she threatened to wear them to work! As for the gerbil, he seems to be holding his own. The word is out that he cannot be let out while the dog is in the house. We'll see how long that lasts.

GAIL Hope you are surviving what I know must have been a very hectic day at your house. Maybe it will feel good to get back to school.

Gloria in MA......getting ready to veg out for the balance of the evening.
Old 12-27-2001, 12:39 PM   #15  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Not much happening here this day. Tomorrow aught to be safe to go grocerie shopping. I wouldn't venture out yesterday or today. Worst days for crowds in the year.

Gloria when we had a dog and got a gerbil we introduced the gerbil to the dog. Explained to the dog not to hurt it. When the gerbil was out and we couldn't catch it we said to the dog "Pal get "Fuzz Ball" and he would catch it between his paws and hold it there till we went and picked it up.

Have a good day my friends.

Last edited by Maggie; 12-27-2001 at 09:43 PM.
Closed Thread