Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 08:38 PM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias -- #132

Good Evening, Flowers!
I noticed that #131 ran over to page 2 so I will start a new thread. Hope all is well with you in the flower patch! It is spitting snow tonight; we just got home from a "post Christmas -- pre New Year's" open house. When we got home there was a message on the answering machine that the host and hostess for our mystery dinner tomorrow night were both sick with the flu. So that has been postponed until "next" year sometime.

We are going to church in DH's hometown on Sunday and then will go to Jason and Amanda's for lunch. The guys are going to install a garage door opener. I would like to go to the mall and see if there are any bargains left but that will depend on what the weather is doing.

Nothing much else for news from my corner of the world! Have a nice weekend!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 12-29-2001, 01:24 AM   #2  
Thin Within

Good evening. We went to town today and got a new Webber and of course when Cowboy already got the steaks on it started to sprinkle. Got it pushed under shelter though and boy did they turn out good.

Jean thanks for starting us out again. There is a way to make longer threads but 14 limit doesn't bother me ~ just still a bit of a surprise. Bargan hunting! Great to do this time of year if you really need the things you buy. Have fun though.

Everyone have a great weekend. It came around so quickly. They always say that time moves faster when we are getting older.
Old 12-29-2001, 02:15 PM   #3  

Happy Saturday, Flowers!
At least I think that it is Saturday! The sun has been trying to shine but right now it is cloudy and cold outside . . . 11 degrees with a slight wind. BRRRRR

Maggie -- I am NOT a good shopper and hate the crowds. I thought maybe Beth and Amanda might want to go; the one department store has been advertising a lot the last few days. I ususally find the petite and extra small sizes but nothing that will fit me. Steak on the grill sounds yummy . . . might have to suggest that for New Year's.

I think I will start on deChristmasing the house this afternoon. Have a nice weekend, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 12-31-2001, 12:11 AM   #4  

Just peeking in to see if anyone visited the Flower Patch today. We were gone all day and I took a nap with Leonard when we got home this evening. Now I am off to bed! Have a great Monday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 12-31-2001, 11:43 AM   #5  

Hi Everyone

I have been gone from the patch for quite a while. I missed everyone. I have been so busy with the insurance company and trying to get my car fixed and then my Mom went into the hospital and it was touch and go for almost two weeks. She got out the Sunday before Christmas.....It was the best Christmas present... She still needs to be on oxegen and I have to take care of her, but she is coming along.

I can't believe that the new year is upon us again. We has some snow flurries last night, and they say we will get some more snow tomorrow. YIKES!!

We have no plans for the New Year, other than keeping the family safe and well. It will be a quite New Year, but one that can be enjoyed now that my Mom is back at home and getting better.

I hope everyone a great New Year.
Old 12-31-2001, 12:47 PM   #6  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It may rain again today as it did yesterday but it looks like the sun is trying to peek out.

Jean it seems that Christmas things keep popping up when you think you have them all in the box. On the bookcase sat a little fat santa stuffed with assorted nuts in their shell a man had given Cowboy that his wife had made. Real cute! Cowboy cracked and at the nuts as we played cards and now little flat Santa can go in with the Christmas things. We are going to plant the little tree we have.

Lorraine I am sorry to hear about your Mom. But know she is now getting the best care possable with a daughter like you to take care of her. I wish for her a fast recovery and for you ~ the care giver ~ to stay healthy in the process. I missed you and wondered what was going on with you.... Hummm snow fluries. You may have a white New Years day.

Everyone have a great 2002.
Old 12-31-2001, 06:33 PM   #7  
Web Nana

HAPPY NEW YEAR STEEL MAGNOLIAS

Just a short note to wish you all the best the New Year can bring. Health, Happiness, and Prosperity!!!!!

We are welcoming in the New Year in a very quiet mannor tonight. Mostly we will break out a bottle of the bubbly and try to stay awake til midnight.

See you all next year!

Gloria in MA....Have a great night.

Last edited by nanacas; 12-31-2001 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-31-2001, 11:44 PM   #8  

Happy New Year, Flowers!
We are also spending a quiet night at home this year. Bob is playing musical channels; Leonard and I slept through the first hour and then I came upstairs to check in with you.

Lorraine -- I'm just sure I missed some posts while my computer was gone! What happened to your car and to your mom? I'm glad she is home and I'm sure that is where she would rather be! I'll bet your holidays were extra busy! I missed you!

Maggie -- Have you ever played the game of Sequence? Both homes where we have played have made their own game board; both families have retired parents that spend their winters down south. What kind of cards do you and Cowboy play? We play a lot of gin rummy in the winter plus 500 if we can find another couple who likes to play.

Gloria -- "my" bubbly is Cold Duck and it's all mine cuz no one else likes it! A bottle lasts me a long time too! I am trying to stay awake until midnight so we can go outside and see the planet Jupiter. It won't appear again until 2084 and I don't think I will be around then.

Have a great New Year, Flowers! May 2002 be a healthy and happy one for you and your families!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 12-31-2001 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-01-2002, 01:13 PM   #9  
Thin Within

Let us make the most of this year. I don't want it to slip by me without my having a good grasp on it. I don't want time to do any more dances on my face ~ I want it to work for me. Sounds like it is all about me but those are my thoughts. Make the most of the time allowed to me while I have it.

Sing as if no one is listening and dance like no one is watching.

Have a good one ya'all.

Jean we have been playing UNO. Wore out one set of cards already. It is a game for 2 to 10 players ages 7 and up ~ and kids love it. Guess that is why we both like playing it.
Old 01-01-2002, 01:59 PM   #10  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
Well, "Christmas" is put away for another year and I just pitched the rest of the leftover cookies out for the birds to eat!

It is a cloudy day and spitting big snowflakes again. Since our cable TV was taken over by another company, our so called local weather is for a town 100+ miles to the northeast and close to the MN border. We get our weather from Nebraska and South Dakota!

Maggie -- I like your 2002 attitude! We used to play UNO with our kids and I took the game to school. The kids enjoy playing it as a treat at the end of the week if all their work is done.

Have a nice afternoon, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-02-2002, 11:44 AM   #11  

Hi Everyone

We have snow flurries again today and my kids are getting so excited. I hate to break it to them, that it shouldn't accumulate to anything. They are predicting a light dusting.

Jean: On December 7, I was in a wreck and my car got a lot of damage to it. The guy who caused the accident left the scene of the accident. Which let me to deal with my insurance company. It took them so long to take care of the matter. When my policy is up in February, I am going to switch to another company. Then, on December 10th, my Mom got very ill. She was in the hospital until the Sunday before Christmas. They said she had blood posioning and some blood clots. They don't know how she got the blood posioning, but we were told if she would of waited a couple of more hourse to get her in, she would not of made it.
It has been a VERY crazy December. Christmas came and gone and I wasn't even ready or really enjoyed the whole holiday spirit time with everything going on. I feel very lucky that everyone was safe and at home this Christmas though.

Maggie: I use to play uno with my family too. We always had a great time. I like playing that game and my kids are now enjoying it too.

Well, I need to get some work done. I am trying to get as much as I can done while school is out.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!!
Old 01-02-2002, 01:05 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Good morning everyone. It is still a bit damp here but the sun is supposed to shine today. I am having fun getting to knowsome old good OP recipes. Gearing up to the 7th.

Jean my weather bug gives me the weather for the town over the mountain. However, it also gives me the surf report from the ocean which is interesting. Every day there is an alert there. High tide etc.

Lorraine I sure hope your Mom recovers quickly and it really is good she is with you. When we came here for a visit prior to Thanksgiving my mother was sick. I cannot remember her ever being sick ~ she just didn't get sick. Anyway the doc said she had a blood infection and she didn't know how she got it nor did he. It is called e-coli. He wanted to put her into the hospital but she refused because she is my Father's caregiver. So they had her on lots of antibotics and she was to go into the docs every day to be checked. She recovered ~ and like you said ~ if she hadn't gone in the first place to the doctor it would have taken her life.

Have a great Wednesday ya'll
Old 01-02-2002, 05:19 PM   #13  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
Today is one of those days that the "hurrier I go, the behinder I get"! I am so mad! Last fall we got a letter from the IRS saying that we had paid in the correct amount for 2000 (after many letters, copies of checks, and phone calls). Today we get a letter saying we owe them $78.34 -- interest and penalty! I tried to call the #800 and get the automated run around; finally get the "call back later" message. GRRRRR!
"Somebody" is probably lucky I never did get to talk to a real person! Guess I will let DH deal with it tomorrow when I am in school!

Lorraine -- I'm so sorry to hear about your car and your mom! At least the car can be fixed and no one was seriously hurt. DH's dad had some sort of blood problem a few years ago . . . he started turning yellow; they never did figure out why. He had to have blood transfusions and then be checked every so often for several months. He was in intensive care for a week -- it is scary! I'm glad your mom was able to come home for Christmas. I hope 2002 will be a better year for you!

Maggie -- I should download the weather bug again. I did enjoy him. I don't know why but sometimes my computer just doesn't like things that I download -- it had fits with ICQ for some reason.

Have a terrific Thursday, Flowers! It is back to school for me.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-02-2002, 11:32 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Hi gals...... just checking in while I have this computer on this evening. Hope all is going well with ya'all.

Jean my computer doesn't like ICQ either and I don't know why but it likes MSN. I like my little weather bug even if he does give the temp so far away but these two places are very closely realted to temps anyway so it doesn't make that much difference.

See ya later.
Old 01-03-2002, 09:55 PM   #15  

Good Evening Maggies!!

Well we woke up to temps reading 12 degrees with a wind chill of 6. Way tooooooo cold!! I use to have those temps when I lived in the northeast, but living in Texas for 15 years has thinned my blood. We should be back up to the 50's by the weekend. I am sure glad we didn't get the snow and ice that Georgia and the southeast is getting.

Maggie: What had happened with my mother, was that for some strange reason, she had an absess in her leg that turned into blood posioning. They don't know how she got it or what caused it. The only thing that they can even "guess" at, was that she had it operated on two years ago when she had melonoma there. They operated on the leg and left it open so that it could heal from the inside out and it needs to be packed everyday. I am learning to be a nurse really fast!!! I am glad that I am here to do it.

Jean: I was VERY lucky with the outcome of both events in December. My car is being replaced, but my children and Mother can't. So I feel very lucky. I think that 2002 should be better for my family and myself. I am sorry to hear about your computer problems. I hate it when they act up.....I know I am very dependent on mine and when I don't have it, it really feels strange. What is strange, is when my husband wanted to buy a computer, I kept putting it off saying that we didn't need it and so forth.....He kids me saying "boy what a waste of money that computer was"

I need to go and hook my Mom up to the oxygen and give her night time medication.

I hope everyone has a great Friday!!!!

Last edited by Lorraine; 01-03-2002 at 10:02 PM.
Closed Thread