Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 08:28 AM   #1  
You and Me in 2003

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#115

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts

Last edited by Grannie39074; 12-21-2001 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-21-2001, 08:34 AM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all good morning

Well today is Friday and I have to go see my mother and take her her christmas gifts. The nursing home is having their party today. DH is off till Jan. 2 so he is under foot.

Got to do shopping today for food.
This is quick so I'll see you all later.

Last edited by Grannie39074; 12-21-2001 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-22-2001, 08:33 AM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

Right now I am having a hard time being jolly. I wrote this longggg post, off line, and somehow I deleted it instead of copying it. Bah humbug!!!!! I am going to try and get into the Christmas spirit again and rewrite it now.

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

I had a Wonderful visit at my daughters home. Her house and tree were very pretty and her new bedroom was just gorgeous!!! Now Santa needs to go get some little extras that she ran out of money for. LOL
We went to a town famous for their Christmas light displays and of course did a lot of shopping too.

I found the cutest little baby/toddler sled (that looks like it came out of an old fashion Christmas movie) for my granddaughter. It is soooooo cute. We don't get a lot of snow here but we do get some every year and they always go sledding.

I was almost killed driving home. It was on a dark stretch of a new highway and pitch black outside. We were driving 65-75 miles an hour and the flatbed truck in front of us lost a sofa off his truck. It came right at us and hit us while driving 75mph. It came out of nowhere at us. My other daughter was following behind us and I was so afraid we were going to wreck with each other and that truck did not even know it happened. It was on an isolated section of this new highway and I knew no one would find us. It was QUITE SCARY !!!!! Once we composed ourselves we chased the truck down and got his insurance information. He was very apologetic. I wonder if he honestly did not know... or was just running away. He seemed sincere but we will have to wait and see. It did not do a lot of damage but definitely could have been a LOT worse.

I have some GOOD news now. I found a scale identical to the one I use in Missouri. I have lost those 4lbs!!!
That sets me at a grand total of 30lbs gone!!!!
I was soooo happy!!!! Hip hip hooray !!!!!
That excitement lasted about an hour....
... then those little devilish thoughts started creeping in...."that is not very much for 23 days."
BUT I am glad to say I have come to my senses again and I am very happy.
The average American gains 10lbs during the holidays. I have lost 4lbs !!!!!
When you combine those, that means I am 14lbs ahead of the average !!!!!
Sneaky but I will take it. LOL
The other side of that story is... The holidays aren't over yet.

I will have company in this house everyday now till Jan 14th.
I have got to remain on my BEST Behavior !!!!!
But I feel confident today that I will. I am already planning "on program" dishes to take to dinners and to have around the house so I don't feel deprived.
Speaking of feeling deprived... I sure did on my trip LOL .... until I weighed.

Well ladies... I started this post at 6am and now that I have retyped it again it is 7am.
I hope to finish all this Christmas stuff TODAY!!! It will take me from 6am to midnight to have a chance ... so I have got to get going. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas. It is just about here now.

I am not ignoring anything from the last thread.
I have not read it yet. LOL
I have skipped my usual Xmas picture... chose instead a picture of all of you jumping for joy for my 4lbs.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-22-2001 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-22-2001, 08:59 AM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Morning aal
Cute I'm glad you weren't hurt.

Things went well yesterday at the nursing home. Mother got lots of stuff which pleased her.
We go to my sisters, brothers and step mothers today to take their gifts to them.
DH and I are going to see the new Jim Carrey movie today.

I weighed today I'm still at 215. well I'll go for now. be back later.
Old 12-22-2001, 03:11 PM   #5  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello everyone! I'm sorry to be neglecting you, but I've been neglecting everything lately.

My best friend's mother passed away last Saturday morning and it's been non-stop ever since. She was in Florida so arrangements had to be made to have her shipped up here. Her dad is also down there so he was flying up on Monday night.

Monday morning she got a call that her dad had been rushed to the hospital at 4 in the morning with a heart attack, so now he wouldn't be making it to the funeral.. Monday I made angel wings with my in-laws. Then when we were finished my oldest son and I went to Costco and got some cookies and muffings and salad and lasagne, chicken alfredo and rolls so they would have a couple of meals for all their out of town company.

Tuesday morning she got a call that her father had arrested and that he was now on a ventilator. I had to do a couple of jobs and then went by my friend's and put up her Christmas tree for her. Her mom was laid out at 5:00 so I was at the funeral home all evening.

Wednesday morning they woke up to find her sister's pick up truck had been stollen from in front of my friend's house. Her sister had gone Christmas shopping after leaving the funeral home the night before and we think someone saw her loading stuff in the back of the truck and followed her home. I did another job and then went by my friend's and did her dishes for
her. And then went to the funeral home at 2.

Thursday we drove to St. Helen and buried Ma. We took 2 of my friend's sons with us in the van.

Friday my oldest and I went up to get all of 'the baby's' stuff home from college. He finally came home a little after midnight.

This morning, I had my cousins over for coffee. That is my week in a nutshell. This is the first time I've even been on the computer all week. I'm so far behind I can't see straight. I feel
obligated to have a dinner on Christmas Eve. It used to be that we would just shop til the last minute and then wrap and watch TV on Christmas Eve. Now since my folks have been back home, I feel obligated to have dinner, so that cuts our day short. Oh well.

I'll try to catch everyone here. I have read all the posts since I left and it is really good to see all of you here. If I miss someone, I apologize, it's not on purpose.

2cute: Thank goodness you're alright!!! OMG! That must have been horrible! I'm glad you were able to compose yourselves right away and got ahold of the truck driver. * Congrats on the 4 pounds! That's wonderful!!!

Malia: Computer problems are the pitts! Glad to see you back around.

Andria: Sounds like you've been busy! The trip sounds wonderful! Glad you were able to get away and play dress-up! The column sounds like it will be alot of fun. Trust me, they wouldn't print MY opinions!!!

Jen: Hang in there kiddo! I know exactly where you are. I was down to 285, doing great and then just a little cheat here, and a little cheat there and it was right back up there. Thank goodness I stopped myself before I gained it all back, but now I haven't been able to get on a downward roll in over a year! We CAN do this, sometimes it just takes awhile!

Holymoly: Welcome to our little group. I'm very glad to meet you. Hope you'll continue to be around.

Lynn: Can't wait for you to return. Glad everything went well for you. Enjoy your honeymoon!

Susie: You go girl! That bike will keep those extra pounds at bay!!!

Mary: You have been having far too much fun with all of those parties. You must be the belle of the ball!

Gosh, I hope I didn't miss anyone. Hope your lives are not as hectic as mine has been lately. I think I've caught you up. As you can see, I have not been doing anything exciting!!! Gotta run. We have dinner out tonight.

"Life itself is the proper binge." - Julia Child
Old 12-22-2001, 08:04 PM   #6  

Default I am on a roll.....

Well I have been going for 13 hours now. Up at 6am and it is now 7pm. I am checking in here while my dinner settles and then off to K-Mart to exchange a toddler's bed. I got the wrong one.
Today I got some good buys. My daughter and I have wrapped everything I have bought so far. Only 4 more gifts to go. I think I can get them all at K-mart...(last of the big time spenders. ) Actually we are getting fishing license for hubby and some stocking stuffers and a few other things.

Just wanted to stop in and see how everyone is doing.
I also want to encourage everyone to stick to their programs.
We can all enjoy the holidays without bingeing.
We can eat without over eating.
Let's all focus on the fact we are here to enjoy these celebrations.
After last night... I know how easily and unexpectedly it can all be taken away from you.

I am off and running. If I don't get moving I will fall asleep right here sitting at the computer.
Old 12-22-2001, 10:33 PM   #7  

A week ago a good friend of mine died of cancer.

Well, much more of this and I will be screaming.

About 2PM today my 15 year old niece had a seizure and stopped breathing. They took her to Appleton, 6 miles away, and they said she needed a CATSCAN so at 3PM I drove her and her Mom to Willmar, 45 miles away. I was worried because we were to have a huge snow storm but we didn't run into snow until right outside of Willmar. We were only there maybe a half an hour and then took her to Appleton where she is spending the night on antibiotics and benzedryl. They said the CATSCAN showed some serious sinus infection.

I think I will search the WEB for some information.

Just seems scary over a sinus infection to have her eyes roll back in head and for her to stop breathing. But then, I don't know much about it.

Thinthinker: sometimes things seem to roll way to fast, don't they and sometimes weight loss doesn't seem so important.
Old 12-23-2001, 10:20 AM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning all! Finally, yesterday was pretty uneventful. My cousins all came for coffee in the morning and I feel good because at least someone will have seen all my decorations this year!

Food has been absolutely the PITTS!!! I'm sure I have gained 6 pounds this week alone! I have not had any fruits or veggies except for green beans in the casserole thingy which is not very "diet" oriented.

2cute: Hope your final trip to K-Mart is really your FINAL trip! You're doing well to have it all wrapped too!

LuckyLadyBug: Glad to see you! I'm so sorry about your tragedies. I sure hope the anti-biotics do the trick for your niece. Geeze, who'd have thought a sinus infection could do that!!!! * Yes, it sure does roll way too quickly.

Well girls, I'm off to get stuff for dinner tomorrow. Guess I'm cooking for Christmas Eve. You all have a good one.

"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula K. LeGuin
Old 12-23-2001, 10:21 AM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

Lady bug: Chin up things will get better. Last year my son started running a low grade fever so I took him to the dr. while we were sitting in the waiting room (you know how long that takes) his eyes rolled back in his head and I thought sure he was gone. You know what they said it was? Toncillitus. Go figure. So I guess sinus can do the same thing. But don't worry she will be fine. My prayers are with you

To all: We went to my sisters, brother's, and stepmothers yesterday and went to see a movie.Saw Jim Carrey's The Majestic it is wonderful. My sister and her family gave us gift certificates to our favorite movie theatre.

Not much going on today. Have to go put flowers on Dads and my baby sisters grave. He was killed 40 years ago Dec. 27 She was born and died Christmas day the same year.

I'll be back later maybe with some more cheerful thoughts.
Old 12-23-2001, 04:12 PM   #10  

Smile Merry Christmas

Well ladies this time I posted and deleted it on purpose. LOL
I am not in a very good mood and I am not going to whine here.
Just know that I think it is important to support this group so that is why I am posting.

Christmas is almost here. And we can eat SANELY and rationally.
WE CAN DO THIS !!!!!

I have to run now. HANG ING THERE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2001, 05:54 PM   #11  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

You know, there is one thing about not having money at Christmas time. Much less shopping to do! It does leave you more time to actually enjoy everything else once you get past the stress. Too bad I can't get anyone to go out Christmas caroling with me. Free and totally fun, but no one wants to play.

I was mostly logging on to post a cool appetizer idea from our Christmas party the other night. They didn't do it healthy, but it would be easy to change. It also takes about a whole minute to put together.

Cheese Spread
1 block FF cream cheese
approximately 1/4 cup Raspberry Chipotle Sauce (you can buy this at Costco here)

Pour sauce over the cream cheese, set out a spread knife and crackers. You're done!
If you can't find the Chipotle sauce, I've seen it done with Jalapeno Jelly. Just melt the jelly in a saucepan and pour it over the cream cheese. They also did the same thing with this spicy apricot sauce, but I didn't get the name of it.

I picked this next one up off MSN today. It sounds yummy, but I haven't tried it yet.

Fruit and dip
Thread fruits such as pineapple chunks, apple wedges, pear slices, and orange sections onto wooden skewers. Serve with a curry dip made from equal parts mayonnaise and sour cream and seasoned with curry powder.

Now, make sure to use FF sour cream and mayo, and you have a totally guilt-free treat! Not sure I'd bother with the skewer threading either. I'm all for those little cocktail pick thingies.

Ok, back to life here. I'm glad everyone is safe, healthy, and able to comfort those around us who are in need. If I don't see you again before then.... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Andria
Old 12-23-2001, 11:45 PM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

I'm back and it's late, but I figure since I wasn't around all week last week, I'd do well to keep on top of posting. Food is still a struggle. ****, it's not a struggle, I stopped struggling with it. Now I'm just holding my breath to see HOW MUCH damage I've done when I WI in the morning. YIKES! Yes, I will be going to WI. And I will be trying to find my focus to get through the rest of the week.

2Cute: Sorry you felt the need to delete your post. What's up? Not like you to not be the cheerleader. Don't let the holidays screw up the wonderful progress you have been making. Stop and think! You're on a roll! You can do this! [[[hugs]]]

Andria: Bless you, my dear! I bought some of that raspberry chipotole sauce at Costco and tried it with chicken. I was the only one in the house that liked it, so I have the whole bottle left. Now I know what to do with it. I'll come caroling with you! S i l e n t N i g h t! H o l y N i g h t.....

Mary: You have been one busy Santa! Sounds like you have been making the rounds!

Well, girls, I'm outta here. In bed before midnight...Woo Hoo!!!
Old 12-24-2001, 02:39 AM   #13  

Talking Ho Ho Ho

I wish I were in bed before midnight Thin. I am so jealous.
I have been doing so much running, my house is a TOTAL disaster!!!
I have been cleaning in the kitchen for the last hour and I have only the counter tops clean. I can't take this mess anymore. I had to take a break so here I am.

We went to my daughter-in-laws parents house tonight for Christmas festivities. My DIL sang a solo at her church tonight so we went there first and then all went to her parents to exchange gifts. I am very lucky to have wonderful inlaws even though they really aren't my inlaws. I don't know what I would call them. Just nice people will do.

Tomorrow...(well I guess it is actually today) is finally Christmas Eve.
I am glad the pressure will soon be OVER. Any gifts I forgot will be too late and I can just forget about it. LOL
The worry of not buying the "right" gift will be gone too. I can't wait.!!!!

My food has been okay. I ate a few snacks but not enough to gain or feel bad. My meals have been good. I am happy to share that with all of you. I had a real good cheese ball tonight. She told me it was creme cheese, jar of dried meat, and finely chopped green onions. Simple but very tastey.
She also made some Velvetta Rotel.... but she added hamburger meat, brocolli, green onions with the rotel. Maybe even more stuff. It was good too. MMMMmmm

She (DIL's mother) is a very good cook. A perfect housekeeper. A craft maker. Bargain shopper. And very "petite and feminine." The direct OPPOSITE of me. She is someone I would love to hate... but she is just too nice to do that. She certainly makes me feel inadequate. She buys my son more gifts than we do.!!!! Like I said she is a bargain shopper and gets everything at 60-75% off and I always get stuck paying full price.

I want my old life back. The pre-Christmas life. I kind of feel like that guy in "It's a Wonderful Life". I feel like my whole family would be better off with me gone. I feel like a failure. I feel like I am never as good as the next guy. I feel like I let everyone down. I feel like I am trying to paddle up the down stream. I am just plain tired of this all. Next year has got to be better, but I don't know how.
Well... I am curious now to see if I delete this or leave it.

Okay...how about some good news. Like I said.. my food is doing pretty darn good.
My daughters made straight A's in college again.
My parents are holding their own.
My granddaughter is the sweetest little girl on the face on this earth.
My dog loves me. Unconditionally.

I have a lot to be grateful for.
My motivation Monday is.... I have lost 30lbs and I don't want to have to lose one ounce of it again. I can maintain and still enjoy the food.

My motivation is.... going to be cooking legal foods for ME to take to the Christmas dinner. I am NOT dependent on others to supply me with legal foods.
I am responsible for my recovery... no one else is.

My motivation is.... I don't want to be skinny. But I do want to be skinnier than I am now. I am very lucky that my self worth is NOT dependent on me weighing 150lbs. I can have more self worth just by following my program.

My motivation is.... I want to help others who weigh over 300 learn about the joys of abstaining from THEIR problem foods. It actually "feels" better to not eat them than to eat them anymore.

I hope I have balanced my bad and my good. Thanks for listening.
And again... have a very merry christmas!!!
Old 12-24-2001, 09:25 AM   #14  
I'm on my way!

Good morning everyone!

I just want to say have a safe and happy holiday!

2Cute...keep your chin up girl! You are doing awesome! 30 lbs gone...thats a great accomplishment. Before you know it you will be saying 50 lbs gone 60 lbs gone 75 lbs gone! Keep up the good work! Hey...you know what? This is the first Christmas in a long long long long time that I didn't get stressed out...we didn't have much money to spend on gifts so I got what I could each week and wrapped it as it came in. I only made a few batches of cookies and fudge instead of all my candies and cookie baskets. It was plain and simple and actually relaxing! Sometimes I think that the commercial aspect of Christmas takes all the fun out of it. Just plain and simple is the key!

We went to Rhode Island thursday night and did Christmas with my family on Saturday night. I am soooooo tired and soooo full of food.....I can't wait till January 2nd when I can stop eating and don't have to be around food. Today we are both working a half day and then going to Atlantic City to John's sister's house. His dad will be there too. We are spending the night! I could lay down on this floor right now and go right to sleep!

I made a pan of peanut butter fudge this morning to take with us and wrapped a couple of gifts too. I did a load of laundry, dishes, took out the trash, got me and the baby fed, washed and dressed, and this will make you stay away from food....I cleaned up 4 piles of dog vomit...two in our room and two in the baby's room. We took the dog to RI with us and he got too many leftovers! Guess we didn't hear him having a vomit festival we were sooo tired! LOL

Anyhow....I'm sorry to hear of the sorrows going on...in spite of it all try and have a great holiday! Well I better get my but off here and get some work done since I will only be here till 12 p.m.!

I'll try and catch you all later!

Michelle
Old 12-24-2001, 02:38 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Happy Christmas Eve!

Food is still horrible! I did go to WW this morning. WI was not as bad as I thought it would be, only up 4 pounds. I'm going to just watch this week and WI next Monday to start fresh. I figure I'm not going to be much better this week either (even though I don't want to just go crazy). I will get more of my fruits/veggies servings in this week. That will make things better.

2cute: I'm sorry you are so stressed over this Christmas! And what distresses me more is your comments in regards to comparing yourself to your daughter's MIL. YOU are a wonderful, bright, intelligent, funny, delightful, compasionate woman. And none of the things you listed as her attributes mean a darn thing when compared to the charming person that YOU are!!!

Michelle: It sounds like you are doing alot of little 'trips' for Christmas - great fun!!! Enjoy the holidays!

I hope everyone that is not here is doing well.

Talk to you soon.

"There does not have to be powerlessness. The power is within ourselves." - Faye Wattleton
Closed Thread