Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 10:03 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#114

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 12-17-2001, 12:51 AM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking

Hello everyone.

I have been on the go since early this morning. Did not even sit down to eat all day until 7:30pm. I am sooooooooo tired. But I promised if you posted I would post my recipe and since you all did soooooo good, here I am ... tired and all.

I have two recipes. I really have a dozen but am only posting two.
I actually feel kind of guilty posting these.
I am suppose to be helping us all stay ON PROGRAM.
Please promise me you will NOT overeat on MY recipes.
I really do have my doubts that I should post these. I know we are all exposed to treats daily....and it is our responsiblity to eat moderate. BUT...
Again...PLEASE DO NOT CHEAT ON THESE.
Both recipes are sooo soooo easy.

I don't know the name of either. LOL I will call the first one...

"Nutty Apricot Candies."

Take a bag of dried apricots and cut them in half.
Melt 1 package of white chocolate bark (I used double boiler)
Stir a handful at a time of apricots into melted white chocolate
Then roll each apricot half in nut meal. (finely chopped nuts should work,but I never have tried them)
Let set on wax paper (not touching) till chocolate is firm again.

I haven't made them this year yet...but I think it may only take 1/2 bag of apricots for 1 package of chocolate since you cut them in half. I really don't remember. When you run out of chocolate you will know you are done. These may not sound good but they are.

This next one is for butterscotch lovers. I am sure some of you have made these before.

Mix one cup peanuts and two cups Chinese noodles in bowl.
Melt 12oz package of butterscotch. Then pour over nuts and noodles.
Stir.
Drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper.
Let set till butterscotch is firm.

Short and simple. I like that combination. I have more... one is called "Stain-glass windows" which is great for church gatherings. LOL. And I can't forget the cookies that are very colorful and yummy. Oh my.... this is going to get ME into trouble.

There is a funny story with them. I baked them for a picnic my daughters softball team was having. Several of the girls looked at them and made faces. They did NOT want to try them at all. I told them to just share one cookie and taste it. Oh my goodness... they went nuts. LOL They were telling everyone they had to try them.. .they were sooo good.

Well ladies... I am worn out. I shopped ALL day and barely made a dent. I walked two entire malls. The first mall wasn't too bad. But when I was at the second one.... there was a woman who was probably 11months pregnant and I wanted push her off her bench. BUT... the good news is.... I could never have done that last September. I still can't believe I did it myself. My swimming and new eatting habits are bringing me rewards. They may not be as much weight loss as I wanted... but rewards just the same. I am going to make it !!!! ...if I don't eat any of these recipes. LOL

Remember ladies... these recipes have no sugar to substitue or low fat version.... they are only to impress your friends. I have no idea how many points are in them... but I am sure a lot.
Look at it this way...the fatter we make them...the skinner we look.
Stick to Thinthinkers 1 point cookies for yourself.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-17-2001 at 01:01 AM.
Old 12-17-2001, 01:46 AM   #3  

Well I just went back and reread the last thread.

Thin...now I really feel guilty after reading you words of support. I mean it ladies... no one better go off their plans with my recipes. For company only.
Your soup should keep you safe. I made a batch of cabbage soup once and never ate one bite of it. And I even like cabbage.

Michelle... it was nice to see you missed me. Or was it the recipe you were missing. You did good just tasting one cookie of each... to be sure they were safe. LOL. You should be safe if you keep my treats to one too. Hopefully you don't like butterscotch and then you won't be tempted.

Ladybug... good to see you back again. I hope you enjoy our journey while you are reading our old posts. I go back and read them sometimes myself.
We need more who post on weekends...but I sure hope you get to sneak in during the week too.
I read some of your groups stuff last night myself. Pretty good soul searching going on there. I agree our MINDS play a big role in getting us fat.... and it plays a BIGGER role in getting us thin.
BUT... you are right... it takes more than just soul searching... it takes a food plan that works .... and a commitment to following that plan.
Isn't George a sweetie. Ahhhhh...easy on the eyes.

Mary... good luck at the doctors visit. I am embarassed to admit I cancelled my doctors appointment last Thursday. I just did not want to go and be weighed untill I have lost more weight. I know, I know, that was a stupid thing to do... but I did it just the same.
I am making some legal sugar free desserts for xmas too.
I just like getting that praise from the fattening stuff.
EGO with a capitol E. I feel like I am such a lousy cook of regular everyday food... I use special events to redeem myself.

Well ladies I can't believe I am STILL up replying to everyone.
I am such an addict. If it isn't food, it's posting.
I am definitely going to bed NOW. I am sooo happy to see you all I just had to respond today.
See you all tomorrow.. but not too early. Then I will be off to shop till I drop again.
Why oh why do I have to be such a procrastinator.????
Old 12-17-2001, 02:52 AM   #4  

Red face

Hi everyone,

Wow! The website has a new format. I'm very happy to be back on the computer. Last I surfed on the web was on my birthday, Nov 19th. It's been a nightmare. My computer couldn't power on. Four motherboards, new extended memory, etc later...they located the problem--my hard disk drive was magnetized???? Luckily everything was under warranty. But it took forever to locate the problem. The local technician visited my house many times. I finally gave up on fixing it anytime soon. I received my new hard drive on Friday. Rebuilt the computer. I honestly admit I know nothing about software--my internet connection is makeshift at best. In between, I got the flu and am still trying to shake my cough. I really missed you all. It was extremely frustrating.

Healthwise, I totally have to start over with exercise and diet program. Richard hasn't seen me for eons. I'll start with him. Aerobizing with the christmas tree lights on seems like the perfect atmosphere.

Merry Christmas,
Malia
Old 12-17-2001, 09:58 AM   #5  
Give Peace A Chance !

Good morning everyone,

I like Malia have been battling the Flu over the weekend. I have it on the run and feel pretty good as of this morning. Hope it holds.

Malia: Do you know anything about software? I keep getting an error message MSHTML.DLL from my IE. I have done everything I know to do to fix it to no avil. I did a select recover of DLL files and that didn't help then I did a F disk formatt and recovery and that didn't help either. So now I'm at a lost as to how to fix it. Do you have any sugestions?

To everyone else have a good day and make the most of it.

Inspiration:

Are You A Strong Woman Or A Woman Of Strength?

A strong woman works out every day to keep her body in shape... but a woman of strength builds relationships to keep her soul in shape.

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything... but a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear.

A strong woman won't let anyone get the best of her... but a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone.

A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future... a woman of strength realizes life's mistakes can also be unexpected blessings and capitalizes on them.

A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face... but a woman of strength wears grace.

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey... but a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will become strong.

A Strong Woman Versus A Woman of Strength
-- Author Unknown

Peace

Last edited by Tazmani77; 12-17-2001 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2001, 10:49 AM   #6  

Talking MALIA.... welcome home.

Oh it is soooo good to see you again Malia. We have missed you. I am sooo glad you are back. Sorry to hear about the flu and computer problems.
I am bringing Richard to my house in Jan, but it did sound nice exercising in front of the tree. Well, that is if exercise EVER sounds nice.
Just jump back on the bandwagon and take it one day at a time.
This is not a race...it is a life changing journey.

TAZ.... what foreign language were you speaking.
I noticed you didn't ask me for any computer help. LOL
I barely know what a mouse is. LOL
Hope you keep that flu bug away. Just don't send him here.

Today is Motivation Monday.
One thing that motivates me is seeing others succeed. Not those needing to lose only 30-50 lbs... but those who are needing to lose 100 and more. Seeing people turn down those snacks and chips. Seeing some keep following their program EVEN when they are in a stall.
Watching the "former" hopeless ones... hang in there.
I am trying to imitate them.
THIS CAN BE DONE.... and I AM GOING TO DO IT !!!!!

Well that and the fact that Christmas is only a week away is going to motivate me to get out and finish my shopping.
I HURT so bad last night. I woke up several times with my legs just acheing. I hate that I have to go out again today.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-17-2001 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-17-2001, 11:04 AM   #7  
Falling, but fighting...

Whoo Hoo! I lost 1.5 pounds at weigh-in on Saturday. Yes, I was hoping for 2, so I could finally get my 45 pound star, but 1.5 is nothing to sneeze at, so I am taking it with pride!

Food was as usual for me on the weekends--Bad! But I did exercise both days and yesterday I did 1 hour on my bike, so yeah for me--baby steps!

Thin: After hearing about your big buford, I went and got one for myself on Saturday. It has been such a long time since I had a fried hamburger. Honestly, it tasted way too salty. I think next time I want a burger, I will go to Burger King instead. Actually, I am glad I ate it, so now I will remember that it wasn't what I expected.

So the weekend is over and I have 99.9% of my Christmas shopping done. I just have to wrap them now. I am so proud of myself.

I have to check my pantry this week, so I can begin the big cookie and brownie baking for christmas trays for my brothers and sister. Thankfully by the time I cook it all, I don't want to eat any of it.

I can't talk anymore today. Got to do some work here.
Old 12-17-2001, 01:34 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

Good afternoon everyone!

I am having a successful day finally! I had toast for breakfast with coffee and for lunch I had a 4 point WW entree and water. I do have to stop at the store and get a few things to finish up my cookies but I will eat dinner before I do them so hopefully that will curb my tasting!

Susie good job on the 1.5 loss. At this time of year its hard to maintain let alone lose!!

Malia good to see you again!

2Cute..yes it was you I missed...and I did want the recipes but I figured that was a way to get you back here! LOL They sound great. I will add them to my cookie and candy baskets. The very few I am doing!

Taz, Thin, Mary and everyone else! Hi to you all...I have to get back to work!

Michelle
Old 12-17-2001, 03:17 PM   #9  
Give Peace A Chance !

@ 2Cute,

I thought I'd spare you on that one. Trust me I wouldn't give this flu to anyone. It was a bear.

Peace
Old 12-17-2001, 03:50 PM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all I'm back from the GYN and I got a good report. He was thrilled that I had lost some weight. I stopped at Wendys and got a chicken sand and Fries for lunch . Oh well .

Talk more later have work to do.
Old 12-18-2001, 02:33 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone. I shopped all day again today and got 20 gifts wrapped tonight. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish... maybe WEd. If I got done one week before christmas that would be HISTORY IN THE MAKING. I am not holding my breath.

I am tired again tonight. My legs don't hurt quite as bad tonight as last night. But I am moodier tonight. It is taking its toll on me. I am too fat and old and out of shape for this anymore.

Tuesday Tip....

DON'T Procrastinate
Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
Don't cheat... you are only hurting yourself.
Don't cheat on 2cutes recipes.... it will crush her for life. Guilt is my middle name.

Do drink that water.
Do stay within your points or chosen food plan.
Do something nice for someone else and don't get found out.
Do be kind to yourself.
Do read and POST in here daily.

Got to get to bed. One more day of shopping hopefully and I will be done. Cross your fingers and toes.
Old 12-18-2001, 07:55 AM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning all

I weighed this morning and I am up 5 pounds. It is all these partys I've been going to. I have got to get back op. Help

I don't have any tips only don't follow my lead

cute. Glad to see your getting your shopping done. I did a little yesterday. I'm through .

Hope all of you give me lots of good tips today. I need them. and motivation too.
Old 12-18-2001, 08:04 AM   #13  
Falling, but fighting...

Good morning everyone,

Well today is going to be a tough day. We are having a Christmas party for one of our committees that I am on. We are having chicken wings, potato salad, deep dish chicago style pizza, cookies, rolls, cakes, chips, and veggies.

I banked 8 points yesterday to try and counter some of the damage. I expect that I will eat one slice of veggie pizza, but it still will be about 10 points or more. I plan on eating lots of veggies but chicken wings tend to call my name too. I am planning on eating veggies for dinner and so I should be okay, but it will be hard.

Friday will be difficult too, as it is our departments christmas party and I don't even know what will be served.

Oh well, I will be happy with a maintain this week. I will try to exercise an extra 10 minutes each day too.

Taz: Sorry to hear that you are sick. Get well soon.

Grannie: Sorry about the gain. Believe me, I know how easy it is to gain weight. Get back OP and you will be just fine.

2Cute: Sounds like the swimming is doing wonders for your legs.

Michelle: Good job on staying OP.

Have a great day.
Old 12-18-2001, 09:33 AM   #14  
I'm on my way!

Default Good morning everyone!!

Would you believe I FORGOT to eat breakfast this morning? Can you stand it..Miss Pigout here for the past 3 weeks! LMAO!

I sat down at work with my coffee in hand and realized I didn't eat! I will just drink extra coffee to fill me up and drink water water water!!

I just got so busy this morning. I had an hour and a half to get me and Andrew ready. I took a shower, threw on a load of wash, made 2 lbs of walnut fudge (yes I licked the spoon once when I was done pouring it), put away last nights dishes, washed the dishes in the sink, folded a load of whites, got Andrew fed, washed and dressed, got myself dressed and out the door we went right on time! Phew! I just finished reading the paper and now I am posting to you all...can you tell I dont' want to work today? I am off friday, we are leaving for Rhode Island thursday night and I have so much laundry to do and packing and finishing up the fudge and cookies, which are pretty much done. I'm not taking alot of toys for Andrew since between grandma and Auntie he will get loads of stuff for Christmas. He is the baby in the family now...my nephew was but he is going to be 18 the day after christmas and prior to that I was!! LMAO!

Ok I guess I better get to work! I'll check in a little later! In the meantime have a good day and do the best you can during the holidays! We will all start fresh come the first of January! 2002 will be our year to get that much closer to goal!!

Michelle
Old 12-18-2001, 01:23 PM   #15  

Wink

Hello again. I was up till 3 this morning and set my alarm for 7.
I have a LOT to get done today. Took my 4-legged darling in to be groomed for the holidays. He is such a sweetheart. Unfortunately he is getting jealous of our granddaughter.

After I took him in I went swimming and came home and ate roasted chicken for a late breakfast. LOL It is sooo good. Next I got on the phone and called to find a few gifts to save me some walking today. I better make sure I refill my Advil bottle before I leave.

I "feel" skinnier today. I am glad I can't weigh. I would not want to lose this good feeling just because the scale didn't say what I wanted it to say. I like feeling good and I feel good about feeling skinnier. LOL

Mary... stop and count your blessings that you weighed this morning.
It will help you enjoy a few bites of those goodies instead of eatting all of it. You know how fast they add on those pounds. If you had waited to weigh you may have added a few more pounds not realizing how fast they come back. But, don't worry. It will come off again. Hopefully we can all learn from your lead. Moderation is a key. I am hoping and praying for "mi-nute" when it comes to Christmas treats.

Susie... YOU CAN DO IT !!!!! Fill up on those veggie trays before you ever take a single bite of pizza. If you are full it will be easier to resist taking seconds of pizza. Drink more water than ever. Drink it ALL morning so when lunch comes your stomach doesn't have as much room. Plus... you will work off more calories running to the bathroom. LOL

Michelle.... you are already getting back to your program... you have improved so much already. I am soooo proud of you.
Isn't nice when you realize you forgot to eat. LOL
You have been a very busy woman this morning. Just think of those calories burning. LOL

Well friends ... I am out of here again. Please please let this be my last day of running.
Closed Thread