Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 06:18 AM   #31  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
How's everyone this day-after? Holiday Hangover? I have to work, and I'm not pleased! I wish I could have the rest of the week off, but Jeff has to work, and I will be off three days the week of Jan. 7, so I'm saving mine for then. The girls had a good Christmas yesterday----lots of toys and clothes. I don't remember wanting clothes when I was 8 and 9, but they are thrilled with them..real clothes hounds. I'm glad they got a lot of them, though, cause they don't wear uniforms at school anymore, and they didn't have a lot of "regular" clothes. Now they each have a computer and tv/vcr too-I feel sorry for them, being so deprived and all. Poor lambs. Oh, I have to tell you what I did Christmas Eve. Made poor Jeff use dirty words on a holiday eve, too. He spent most of the day down in the basement putting the little one's workstation together for her room; her biggie present was her computer and workstation. Anyway, it was all put together, and the girls were both asleep about 10pm. Jeff went to sleep on the couch, so I decided I would bring up the workstation so I would be seen as so very helpful when Jeff woke up. Things went well for the first half of the transfer, but when I bumped the bottom part of the desk up the stairs (well, I couldn't CARRY it), I tore the back end off and the keyboard drawer. I'm surprised it didn't wake everyone up, but it didn't. Well, I started to bump it back downstairs and act like I didn't know what happened to it, but I didn't. I pulled the remains into the hall and waited for the music to begin. I figured I wouldn't bother to go to bed until Jeff woke up and got the yelling over with. Boy, was there yelling. Still didn't wake the girls up, though. Very sound sleepers we have. After much semi-dirty words (it was Christmas, after all) and a few tears of remorse on my part (I was only trying to help), we got it put back together with some brackets. I feel like Lucy Ricardo sometimes, and I tell you what, Jeff could give Ricky a run for his money, too--I've never seen his eyes bug out like that before, and he was pulling at his hair and pacing back and forth...at least he wasn't pulling on MY hair. Well, I'm sure it will be funny some time---actually it's sort of funny now, but I don't think it's funny to him yet, so I only chuckle in private.
Okay, I've written a book here---need to get ready to work; ick. Love you all, and I hope you had a wonderful holiday---take care, and Jen, I'll take you up on the starting over today--I'm even going to fire up my treadmill tonight--I'm tired of holiday food!
Love,
Sally
Old 12-26-2001, 07:03 AM   #32  

Over 30 posts - I have started a new thread.

See you in 127!
Closed Thread