Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 07:46 PM   #16  
I'm on my way!

Default .....slinking in with my head down....

HELP!! I have been so out of control again!! I can't do this anymore!! Would someone wire my jaw shut pleeeaase!!!

I am so tired these days too...I know its cause I ain't eating right! or exercising! I just have this party to get through on Saturday and then the next weekend we will be in RI doing Christmas with my family. Once we get back home I HAVE to get back on program 100%

I decided I am NOT going to make my cookie baskets this year. I am just too plain tired! I am going to do fudge and homemade candies for the Christmas party on saturday and do a few cookies to take to my mothers the following weekend. Other than that forget it! I use to do cookie and candy baskets for all of John's brothers and sister's families. They don't do Christmas gifts because there are just way too many of them now. He has 3 sisters, 2 brothers, all their spouses, 11 nieces and nephews and 5 great nieces and nephews.

I am just about done with my Christmas shopping. I just have John's dad to finish up and I want to get John one other thing. Most everything is wrapped except the stuff we got tonight.

Well I need to get the laundry folded and those gifts wrapped and get our lunches ready for tomorrow. I will try and check in with you all tomorrow!!

Michelle
Old 12-11-2001, 10:58 PM   #17  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Ok, I know a few of you are feeling sick and all, but it sure doesn't seem to be stopping the progress! Susie and Thin, you are both so amazing!!! For every one of us keeping to any semblance of a plan at all right now, I think a round of applause is in order.

I slipped some today. No sleep is such the dieting enemy for me! On top of only about 4.5 hours sleep, my day at work turned out to be almost 3 hours longer than usual. When I'm feeling tired and worn out, I turn to that one automatic energy source... food, especially sugary foods. Thing is, I know better! Those sugared foods turn against you. The energy high is so short and the downturn is so much worse. I'm one of those people who do nibble all day long to keep blood sugar levels on a more even level, so when I start popping peanut M&M's (my latest hardship is a new candy machine right in front of my desk loaded with those colorful little demons), my blood sugar levels get whacked out. Not sure what the rest of you do in that situation, but the one thing that seems to work for me is to eat something else. So now I've had a treat and had to counter it with more food to get feeling halfway normal again. More sleep is a lot easier on a food program, trust me.

I've got to get out of here. DH is home tonight and wanting to be all cute and cuddly. Don't you love when they are like that?
Take care all, and send me good vibes for staying out of the peanut M&M's!

Andria

Last edited by qsilver; 12-11-2001 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-12-2001, 08:09 AM   #18  
You and Me in 2003

Good Morning all

I feel pretty good seem to feel worse later in the day. I have to go to the nursing home to a meeting on my mothers care today. My aunt is going with me.

Taz: I love flowers especially Roses, since I was born on Valentines day. thanks.

Quick: I love MM's also. Just try to avoid them.

To everyone else: Have a great day and I'll talk to all later.
Old 12-12-2001, 09:18 AM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I'm really running today so I won't be able to address everyone, sorry! I have 7 jobs to do today and it's 9:00 already and I chose to post before leaving the house, lest I wouldn't have time when I got in tonight.

Food has been decent this week, but of course it's only Wednesday. I went to a Christmas party yesterday afternoon. Hor deurves, desserts, etc. I journalled everything and still am doing pretty well.

I made a Chicken Fried Rice dish Monday for dinner. It was from Costco, everything included in the bag. It was very tasty. Last night I made Shake n Bake pork chops with baked potatoes and Stove Top stuffing. Hadn't done that in a long time.

My last job tonight is at a steakhouse so it's fruits and veggies for me today and I'll order salmon tonight for dinner.

I sure hope all of you that are feeling under the weather will feel better real soon. You can't catch a VIRUS from someone by reading a computer screen, can you???

I decided to put up my Victorian tree in my bedroom yesterday, so finally all of my trees are up and it's beginning to look alot like Christmas!

I bet Michelle thought she was throwing me off by changing from cookie baskets (after I gave her all those recipes) to fudge. Well.....I am undaunted! I have a low fat fudge recipe for you too. So there!!!

Chocolate PB Fudge
14 oz. can fat free sweetened condensed milk
12 oz. pkg. reduced fat chocolate chips
1/3 cup reduced fat chunky peanut butter
1 Tbls. light corn syrup
1 teas. vanilla extract

Line an 8" square pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray. Combine first 4 ingredients in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until chips melt. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Lift foil from pan and turn fudge onto cutting board. Cut in 36 squares. Store between layers of wax paper in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Makes 36
2 WW points each

I've gotta get out of here or I'll never get the jobs done. You all have a wonderful day.

"There is something all life has in common, and when I know what it is I shall know myself." - Jean Craighead George
Old 12-12-2001, 10:26 AM   #20  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning my "Fellow Fat Fighters".
I was brushing my teeth this morning and that phrase just popped into my head. It just makes me smile when I see us all with firefighting gear on.... we look like a hoot.
Today is Weigh-in Wed. I want to remind everyone of a few facts about weigh-ins.

1. Have you picked up a "gallon" of milk lately? If not... do so the next time you are in the grocery store. They are HEAVY. I think someone said close to 5lbs.
This is important because when our bodies retain water.... that is what we will gain on the scale and "not" have gained a single ounce of fat. In fact you could lose a pound of FAT but retain water and show a four pound gain. So remember this on whatever day you weigh. Don't give those scales too much power over your mind.

2. What causes water retention??? There are two things that pop into my head.
SALT is the main culprit. Sodium and many other names I don't know. If you munch on nuts, saltines, pretzels, chips....all that sodium becomes like a sponge. Result...water retention. Water retention = water gain.
What about diet pop. Most of those are also loaded with sodium. More water retention. And then there are the canned foods, All are packed with sodium.

The lists goes on. Does this mean all these items are BAD??? NO.
But it does mean that your weight will fluctuate according to your water retention. I just want us to be aware that a slight gain or even a large gain sometimes can be merely water retention and not a gain of FAT.

There is one more cause for water retention. That is not drinking enough water.
Everyone knows we can live longer without food than we can without water.
Our bodies need water. If we don't give it a new and ample supply daily it will hang on to every ounce we do take in. It's job is to protect itself. It will hang on and not let go.

Now for the MOST IMPORTANT thing to remember. The way to get rid of water retention is NOT to quit drinking water. Just the opposite is true. Water will wash away your water retention.. not add to it. Drink, drink and drink your water.

Remember my "fellow fat fighters" .....when you get on those scales..... A fluctuation is not always a sign that you overate or did anything wrong. It could be a sign that you need to drink more water.

Michelle... if you drink enough water you won't want those darn M&M's. LOL
I will return with a more personal message later. But until then ... drink drink drink that water.
Andria... here is that round of applauses you wanted for Susie and Thin.
Old 12-12-2001, 10:28 AM   #21  

Hey everyone

Today is another busy day here, so I figured it was better to get in early than not at all. Wednesday WI... I doubt I managed to put on 4 pounds yesterday, even with a handful of peanut M&M's, so I'm guessing the home scale is being cranky again. I'll see what it says tomorrow.

Today I'm making a goal to drink 80 oz of water. That has to be on top of any other item I drink.

I'm trying to pack for a trip this weekend. My sister and I are headed to visit a friend in El Paso. I'm also trying to not freak out because I've gained back just enough weight that the airplane seat is going to be too small and I will almost definitely need an extension to the seatbelt. But this weekend is going to be so much fun! We are headed to a comedy club on Friday and the ballet on Saturday. I have a gorgeous dress for Saturday night, and I'm really looking forward to a fun weekend away.

Well, I'm out of time yet again. So much to do today and only one me to get it done!

Andria
Old 12-12-2001, 10:31 AM   #22  

Hi 2cute! Looks like we are thinking rather along the same lines today.
Old 12-12-2001, 01:16 PM   #23  
Falling, but fighting...

Hi all,

Food is still good here except for the piece of pound cake I ate. How many points is pound cake?

Taz: The food I eat is pretty boring over the last 2 days, since I was sick--that's why I was able to bank so much. But usually I can only bank less than 5 points. Here is a sample of what I would eat:

Breakfast: 2 lean sausage links (2 pts), 4 slice wonder lite wheat bread (2 pts), Banana (2 pts). Water, water, water...

Snack: popcorn (2.5 pts) & more water

Lunch: salad with lettuce, tomato, green onion, tomato, cucumbers, bacon bits, feta cheese and croutons with fat free italian dressing (5 pts). water....

Snack: sugar free jello (0pts) and diet pop (0pts)

Dinner: 1.5 cups of pasta, chicken & veggies (10 pts), 2 cups of 2% milk (6pts)

Snack: diet pop (0 pts) and granola (2pts)

Exercise points 1.5 for riding 30 minutes

total allowed for day: 34
total used: 31.5
total banked: 4 points (includes the 1.5 exercise points)

Yesterday I banked 15 points, but I ate turkey sandwiches for dinner (only 3.5 points for 2 sands) and I didn't drink my milk.
Old 12-12-2001, 01:19 PM   #24  
Falling, but fighting...

Taz: I can also recommend healthy choice hot dogs (only 1 pt each) and banquet fat free chicken patties (2 pts each). They are really quite good and make for a great lunch or dinner when you are short in points.
Old 12-12-2001, 02:21 PM   #25  
Michigan Old-Timer

Susie:
Pound cake - 1 slice (5"x3"x1") = 8 points
store-bought, 1 slice (2 1/2 ounce) = 6 points
Old 12-12-2001, 03:13 PM   #26  

Thumbs down

Good afternoon friends.
I am finally feeling better and glad of it. I hate being sick.
I got my tree up this morning and all decorated. It looks so pretty.
This afternoon I did a 45minute workout in the pool.
I ate a salad and beef patty for lunch. AND I have been drinking my water too.

Michelle... today is YOUR DAY. The day you are going to PASS on those binges.
Michelle.... YOU CAN DO IT. It has become a habit, a habit that you can STOP now... today.
Write in here every little accomplishment you have made today. Then build from there. Don't get down on yourself. List the water you drank, list the reduction of bad food you ate. List the good food you ate. List walking to your car and mailbox.
FOCUS on your accomplishments. Build your program.
Michelle... YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!

Taz... you have been so supportive to everyone. It has not gone unnoticed. You are always upbeat and positive. What a great addition you are to our group.

Andria... it sounded so nice hearing you talk about your gorgeous dress. I can't remember when if ever I felt that way. I have never felt pretty. That is one thing I am looking forward to. I am so happy to see you being "gorgeous" NOW.

Thin... your Victorian tree sounds so pretty. Maybe next year I will do that too. It sounds so nice having a tree in our bedroom. I feel lucky to get any tree up this year. I am soooo far behind. I haven't even done my shopping yet.
It sounds like you are really busy too. 7 jobs today. I am glad it is you and not me. LOL

Mary... hope you are feeling better soon. I also hope your meeting went well.

Susie... you are doing so well. December is almost half way gone. Hooray !!!!
When do you start your new job??

I am out of here now. So much to do and so little time to get it done in.
Old 12-12-2001, 03:57 PM   #27  

Hey 2cute, I sent you a PM. Miss you, by the way.
Old 12-12-2001, 06:40 PM   #28  
You and Me in 2003

Hello Ladies
Well the meeting at the nursing home went well. They say mother is doing good. She told me she has a boy friend (my step father has been dead since 93)

Food has been ok. I have to make two cakes tomorrow. One for DH to take to work Fri. and one for me to take to Ladies circle at church tomorrow night.

I found out I have another party next week at the library. I can't win for losing (only it's not weight)

Glad to see everyone is doing ok.

Thin you really are busy today. The recipe sounds good I'll have to try it.

Cute: I know your tree is pretty

qsilver:keep up the good work and drink your water that goes for
all of us, drink drink drink.

Susie: sounds like your doing good on food.

Well I better go wash dishes. Haven't trained Dh to do it yet
Old 12-12-2001, 09:28 PM   #29  
Give Peace A Chance !

Hello everyone,

This has been a semi bad day TOM is on a rampage and craving are high. I didn't give in to them but it was all I could do to hang on. I'm glad this day is all but over.

THANK YOU 2CUTE

Susie: Thanks for the menu. I'm going to copy it and try to work something like it out for myself. I'm going to try and find the hotdogs. I like hotdogs too so they will be like a treat for me. I get to count my exercise as points too. That is a good deal. I hope this works for me as well as it works for you. I'll keep you posted as to when I start. Thanks again. I really needed a good start up. You're a dear

I don't really have a recipe to share as I have been doing a LC diet and all I normally eat is fresh meat and non starch veggies

Well I'm off for the night, I'll talk to you all tomorrow

Sleep well everyone

peace
Old 12-12-2001, 11:58 PM   #30  

Default Time for new thread

Wow... this filled up fast. I doubt if this stays on page 2.
If there are only 14 posts then a new page, this will end up on page 3.

I am going to start a new thread.

DO NOT POST OR REPLY IN THIS THREAD.

Instead post your replys on the new thread... 300+ and Ready to Try again... # 113.

see you all there.
Closed Thread