Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 10:04 AM   #16  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I just stopped in to say MORNING! I have to go take my car in to be serviced in an hour. I do hope they are speedy. I don't mind waiting but I hate waiting all day! There is no shuttle service at this dealership. I could take the bus somewhere, but it won't kill me to wait!

I splurged big time on goldfish crackers and chocolate mint icecream last night. Two dairy things...interesting. I must have not had any in quite awhile cause no gas or tummy ache. (I did take my Lactaid tho) I should have gone to the store and picked up a lower calorie icecream. This was a store brand chocolate mint. Guess it is better than Hagan Daz.

Anyways, no more news here. ~flower
Old 12-08-2001, 09:18 AM   #17  

Hey chicks. How's everyone this weekend? Wildfire, how was the big holiday party? Amy, I feel for you with the exams. My worst time was the beginning of this past Ocober, when I had midterms, a paper due, the two jobs, and I was cramming for the GRE's. Awful! But what a sense of accomplishment when I was done. Now I'm kind of smooth sailing as I finish my degree. I do, however, have a writing test in january for one of the grad schools I applied to, so that will be stressful. Looking over everyone's posts, there seems to be a pervasive feeling of stress and an inclination away from the healthiest thing we might be able to do. But January is coming, girls, a fresh new start!

OK, as to my big story -- THE GUY -- yes, Eydie, we have exchanged photos. But...it's hard to explain, but we have mutually decided to put off continuing this friendship until his situation is a little more settled. He is doing what I did last fall and winter (until I got my own place Feb. 1) -- sharing an apartment while being separated. I know how that is, as my DH and I had an arrangement where we took turns sleeping on the bed or the sofa, we had an agreement about paying the rent, and we had separate social lives, meals, and everything. However, being on the other end of it makes me really uncomfortable, and so we decided to slow things down until he has his own place. So we'll see...in the meantime, I will be starting Opti Fast and doing all the other important things in my life, so time will tell how THE GUY will fit into all that. I will keep you posted.
Old 12-10-2001, 09:45 AM   #18  
you can call me flower

Girls, we were on the bottom of the page! This isn't exceptable!

Anyways, I have no time to post. I am off to fill out an application for Circus Circus wedding Chapel as a florist. I have no idea if I will get an on the spot interview and audition. (Audition=doing flowers for them to inspect) So please think good thoughts for me. I am so nervous and I may only see Human Resourses today!!! Imagine if I knew if I had to talk to someone. My boss has given me her blessing and some pointers!!

More later on today. Gotta go to work afterwards. ~audri/flower
Old 12-10-2001, 06:11 PM   #19  
you can call me flower

The circus circus job was filled. But I got to apply for the Rio today too. So all hope is not lost.
Old 12-10-2001, 09:41 PM   #20  
Hot Stuff

Gee, where is everyone?

Just a quick note...my official weigh-in yesterday, one week into being back OP, and I'm down 3.5lbs. Still working on that 175, though.

Just too tired to type tonight, but I'll catch up tomorrow and fill you in on the party.
Old 12-10-2001, 11:18 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone.... Tomorrow is my last final for the semester.... I have been cramming in as much about Anti-infectives, Endocrine Drugs and GI Drugs as I can into my tiny little mind. I am about ready to blow!

So far I know I have 3 A's (Health Assessment, Math and Clinical) I have 3 more that are up in the air... one is an 89.4 grrrr I hope she is nice and rounds it up (keep your finger crossed) the other I don't have the final grade yet and tomorrow I have to make an 80 to get an A on the test and she is suppose to have like 12 extra credit questions on the test so... I think that one is in the bag...

Food was good for 4 days and bad for 2... (not reallllly bad, but bad enough) ... Got to hit the hay....

Hugs to you!!!
Amy
Old 12-11-2001, 05:32 AM   #22  

Hey. I'm really sleepy this morning, and I don't have a lot to report, but I, too, wanted to contribute to keeping the thread afloat! I've lost about 5-6 lbs. since Ramadan started. I had hoped to be down to 150 by the time I start Opti-Fast -- not that I was using Ramadan as a diet tool, it's just a question of how much one eats in the evening -- a lot, and you'll stay the same or gain; a little, and your weight will tend to go down; but the fast is still for God's sake, not mine. At any rate, I might just get down to 150, we'll see. The past few days I have been laying on the sofa and eating my troubles away. Got to stop. I guess it's a good thing the clinic I'll be going to has a mandatory group session to discuss food/eating issues. I guess I need to 'fess up that without a cigarette in my hand I do have issues around food. Two of my closest friends just quit smoking -- yay! I feel that I need to show them that the weight you gain can be lost, even if it's a lot and even if it takes a while to lose. One friend is a repeat quitter -- she and I quit together, on November 15, 1998, but she went back to smoking. At any rate, I am realizing that I need to learn to live life without ANY "vices" at all -- I need to be able to maintain my serenity without food, cigarettes, drugs, alcohol, men, or any external device or substance. So if there's any good to come from my weight gain, it's learning that.

OK, I'm getting deep now -- but that really is how I'm feeling these days.

Amy ... you go girl. Eyes on the prize, that's what I've been saying all thru school -- it will be so worth it in the end. Congrats on the A's you've gotten so far!

WF, good for you on the 3.5 lbs. down. If you don't mind my asking, how far are you from that goal of 175? And yes, we all want to hear about the party (me especially)!

Flower, DH and I stayed at the Rio when we went to Vegas to get married ... good luck on the job hunt.

OK, I definitely went on longer than I intended. Actually, I think I might still be asleep, LOL. Chat with you all later.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:49 AM   #23  
Must Shrink.

Good morning... I'm needing to make some WW soup, to fill up on. Made Biscotties yesterday for gifts, today I'll be drizzling chocolate on top to make them look pretty... yum.

Staying on top of the season, not getting into a panic this year about gifts. Since my parents died, it's been a struggle not to feel as though I have make up for them not being around... Purely a commercial feeling but a hard one to fight.

The kids are taking their own earnings this year to buy for one another. This is a new thing and it's been gratifying to see how happy they are about this...

Since it's been colder out I've felt less like drinking water, it's a real effort. I need to find my WW cup that has the measure on it to see what I'm really drinking.

I feel rather dull, boring and frumpy. Must be tired...

Off to make soup.

L
Old 12-11-2001, 06:21 PM   #24  
you can call me flower

I have an interview at the Rio (human resources) on Thursday 9 am!
Old 12-11-2001, 09:52 PM   #25  
Hot Stuff

I realized today that Christmas is just two weeks away. That, and I haven't bought any of the gifts that I need to get in the mail. So, here it is 9:30pm and I just got home....I left at 6:30am....that's 15 hours ago! No wonder I'm tired. Of course, I bought gifts, but not all of the ones I have to mail....so I'll be out again tomorrow night. No rest for the wicked.

Flower, good luck on the interview...got everything crossed for you!

Amyjo, good luck on the test tomorrow! I hope you have some time off for Christmas now.

Lamorgan, I'm trying to buy gifts on a budget and remember that, for example, a four year old child does not know I spent only $9.99 on that adorable plush puppy handpuppet for her....she will be thrilled with having a gift to open and I will get to watch her eyes light up as her new friend comes to life in her hands. Or that my world-travelling uncle who can buy anything in the world (literally) that he wants will actually use the Starbucks gift certificates that I bought for him and they're easy to pack. It's more about substance than flash this year for me.

Ruthie, congrats on the weight loss! Honestly, I think everyone out there has food issues of one kind or another. We just happen to be more conscious of them. Don't mind you asking at all...I was 178 on Sunday, and was still 178 this morning. Shopping blew my diet today...I was starving and had a burger. (passed on the fries, though)

The party on Friday was great! I didn't pay any attention to being OP that night, but I ate light during the day. You just don't get this kind of meal anywhere, anytime, and I was going to enjoy it! It is a HUGE buffet....starts with bread/rolls, green salads, pasta salads, potato salad, seafood salads, then two canoes filled with lobster, shrimp, crab (yes, I said CANOES), then roasted or steamed veggies of every kind imaginable, several rice dishes, turkey stuffing, turkey or beek gravy, prime rib or turkey carved by the chefs.....and after all that they turn your attention to the dessert buffet....cheesecakes, pies, tortes, fruit salads, pastries....way too much! I was amazed...some of the women were up for seconds and thirds like they were not going to eat for another month! I ate a reasonable plate, sampled what I liked, had a piece of an amazing cherry chocolate cake for dessert, and was pleasantly stuffed. I got lots of compliments on how wonderful I looked, and hubby and I showed off a little on the dance floor. It was a really, really, nice evening. We both won door prizes....he won a playing card set with three decks of cards, dice, dominoes, poker chips, and a book with instructions on over 20 games. I won a beautiful velvet advent calendar with a snowman theme. The only downside to the evening was a bit of a disaster when they were clearing the buffet off the dance floor....a four tiered steel cart that they'd loaded with the food and dishes from the buffet collapsed sending everything crashing to the floor. After it was all cleaned up and they were drying the floor, I had to laugh.....the last time I'd worn that dress, the restaurant we were in caught on fire. One of the waiters had placed a candle too close to a planter box filled with silk plants and it went up in rather large flames. Now this time a crashing cart full of serving dishes.....not sure I'll wear it again....you know what they say, third time's a charm! I hate to imagine....

Well, I'm at the point of not seeing straight, so I'm off for the night. Wish me luck shopping tomorow....I have to get this stuff in the mail!
Old 12-12-2001, 09:00 AM   #26  
Must Shrink.

LOL! Can I borrow that dress when I go to my in-laws on the 22nd? May make the evening a little less dull!

I'm off today for a visit to Salvation Army to take a peak at what they may have in the line of cosy clothes for me and my eldest, we are rather low on warm things. I lost weight since last winter, and REFUSE to wear my bigger sweatshirts and he grew. I think I turfed a lot of my clothes...

I need a day off from being home, my children put me through the wringer this morning getting ready for school, it's red and green day, and finding red and green items in the mound of dirty laundry in the hall was not a pretty picture.

I'm thinking about Swiss Chalet gift certificates this year for my mother-in-law, $5 Chapters gift certificates for the kids cousins, Biscotti for friends and teachers, and so on. We are on a tight budget, with 4 children... Our spending is much more careful this year, with no random buys. Morgan is still enjoying her dollhouse, so I was thinking this morning that fimo would be good, so that she could make some fimo food and dishes...

Anyway, need to throw some clothes in the dryer and have a shower!

B*B

L
Old 12-12-2001, 09:57 AM   #27  
you can call me flower

Lamorgan-how is the house search coming along?

My nephew decided to run away yesterday after school. He finally came home at 9. This time the police were looking too. He is such a monster child. Mine look like angels in comparision. The reson he ran away? He is mad at his parents for making him go to a shrink earier that morning. (He has major anger issues) He is only 10!!!

Well, I have been stress eatting. Not a good thing. Luckily there isn't much junk in the house. I had several handfuls of tortilla chips yesteerday..

Bad flower. Today is another day. Tomorrow was suppose to be my last day at the college til Spring, but I will have to work Monday since I am taking tomorrow off. That's okay, she needs me on Monday. Finals day.
Old 12-12-2001, 10:29 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Morning guys~ can't stay but a sec. Finals are over and I have to shovel my house out now. I am still so tired but I have ten thousand things to do including getting back OP.

Ended the semester with 5 A's and 1 B final grade was an 87 but a B is a B.. (note to self... can't expect the best grades if you don't study)

I have to run....anyone have any homeopathic cures for a killer yeast infection? I don't want to go to the doctor and the OTC stuff isn't working.

Hugs,
Amy
Old 12-13-2001, 09:15 AM   #29  
Must Shrink.

I'm coming down with a cold and have to go to the dentist this afternoon, chipped a front tooth a couple of weeks ago.

My energy is really low, just sitting here drinking some tea, thinking about what I need to accomplish as opposed to what I want to...

I'm not looking for a house, must be someone else... I love looking at houses though, they hold such energy, the older the better!

Wow ~ I'm lucky to have the kids I have too. So far no major hurdles for them, other than shyness, and ADH in my 3rd child. Lots of energy in him, but creative and positive. Anger issues are hard. My friend's 14 year old is having trouble at school (grade 9), he's been skipping classes and I know she's going to have a lot of challenges with him.

Cross my fingers.

Anyway, must go melt chocolate for the biscotti. (Biscotties?)

L
Old 12-15-2001, 09:57 AM   #30  
you can call me flower

Well hello???? Is there anyone OUT there? (pink Floyd)

What is up with everyone? Not in the diet mood huh? I am gonna be happy maintaining this month. I am trying to be health conscience. I made tacos last night with turkey breast-shredded. I topped them with fresh salsa, ff beans ff cheese and lettuce. I did eat hard shells but only 2 smalls. I also had a small piece of red velvet chocolate cake. It was cold here yesterday, I felt the need to bake!

I had my interview at the Rio. It went very well. He wants me for a position not yet listed so it is gonna be a nerve wracking 2 weeks to see if it materializes. But it was very cool being asked to do something I hadn't applied for. (Floral Decor-BIG party props) My dream job. I am so glad I made an off the wall portfolio instead of the prissy manacured ones that everyone else has. Each picture I put in had a theme, only the last 3 were normal pages. I didn't want to leave out that I could make regular stuff too if needed. He loved it! The interview with human resourses took a 1/2 hour total including a personality test. He spent an hour and a 1/2 showing me the parties done since they opened and told me to introduce myself to the staff ect... So if he can find the budget (they were in the process of making a 2002 budget, and if they get approval from hr) I will have a wonderful job. It will be 40 hours. They pay you for an hour lunch and they pay for your meal too. Full benifits after 3 months. And it is just a bit off the strip so 3 different freeways can get me there. Non rush hour 15 minutes travel time. I would have a wonderful holiday gift if this is a go!!!! He said I would know by Dec 28th. He emailed me a thank you that afternoon! So now I am nervous to open my email instead of picking up the phone!

I lit a blue candle last night for hope. I had already lit the green one before the interview! I will try to relax for the weekend. I am sure Monday will be the earliest I hear anything. He said he would update me as they pass the hurdles. I think I am out of the running for the flont floral clerk job. He said I would not like not creating... (But I really need any job)

Anyways, think happy thoughts for me okay? I would be wonderful at this position!!!! ~happy weekend everyone! flower
Closed Thread