Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #16  

Beach patrol, that does indeed look very pretty and feminine, thanks for showing us I love what it represents too! cool!

Take care ladies, hope you all have a great day.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:52 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

A tattoo would be great! I used to hate the idea of tattoos, but now I kind of like them. You're absolutely gorgeous, by the way!

That's a beautiful ring, 2frus, and I love the idea of rewarding yourself after a marathon, my fellow runner! I told my husband he has to buy me a professional massage after I run this 10k on Saturday but we're both pretty broke so I think I'll let him off the hook and he can do it after my first half marathon instead!!

I asked my husband early in this process if he'd be willing to pay me $5 for each pound I lost when I get to my goal. I don't think he realized how many pounds I would be losing, because he said yes and he's already up to $400! At the end of this, he'll be giving me $550, and I plan to scrounge up that much money for myself as well. $1100 for new clothes at my goal weight -- woohoo!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:18 PM   #18  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

A whole new wardrobe in size 10 (US size 4/6 I think) and whatever else I fancy

Allison - yes Frus was smiling over a nice new ring but that's not it. It would seem that Jen's having a ring fest
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:23 PM   #19  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well I'm thinking that when I hit goal, having started out at a whopping 287 lbs., so some 150 odd pounds later, man oh man that in itself should be rewarding enough. I think I will be in a daze, some kind of stupor. I know I will cry like a baby, maybe kiss the scale. And then - I'm going shopping. BIG TIME SHOPPING. At this point already not one thing fits me from my former life, oh except for my socks. So I've already been buying clothing. But I try to keep it to a minimum since I keep on changing sizes. But when I am finally at goal, I am gonna have me the biggest, most fabulous wardrobe with each and every outfit better then the next. Every outfit a winner. There will be no stopping me. I've got a ways to go, so we'll see, maybe I'll come up with something else.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:41 PM   #20  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

When I reach 150, I have two rewards in mind. First, I want a romantic getaway with hubby....white sand, blue waters, pretty drinks with little umbrellas and no kiddos! Secondly, I would really like Lasiks surgery.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 130/130/125

Height: 5' 8"

When I reach my goals (running goals, lifting goals, ect) I'm definitely buying myself a pretty sundress. In lady-like pink!

(I am SUCH a girl)
kelema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 205/136/120

Height: 5'3

i think all i need is the moment when i will stand in a dressing room in a bikini, crying, calling everyone i know. but a diamond wouldnt hurt either.
Samantha039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:29 PM   #23  
Aww, look at the bunny!

S/C/G: 200/174/162

Height: 5' 9"

I'm not sure if I'll ever really be able to do a bikini...I'm hoping that as I lose, I'll find a sweet spot, but I've got a big rib cage and I worry there won't be a weight at which all my belly will be gone but my ribs will still be hidden. (This is why I would only do tankinis when I weighed 135...which you may notice is far below my goal weight.)

I'll be getting more clothing and upgrading my wardrobe from "broke college student" to "grad student with a stipend," but my first real splurge will be this:

http://www.bitablue.com/snow-white-h...ress-p-28.html

Custom made to my height and measurements for a perfect fit, of course.
twistedhoneydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #24  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Great thread!

I'm LOVING reading all of your wonderful ideas! I haven't thought about what I will reward myself with when I reach my ultimate goal, though, because I have been so focused on GETTING THERE! ( Most of you know that I'm trying to weigh on my SON'S wedding day what I weighed on MY OWN wedding day.)

Since both my son and his future wife are athletes and in EXCELLENT physical condition, I thought that me losing weight and getting in shape would be a very appropriate extra "gift" for their wedding. I have been thinking that it will be nice to look at myself in THEIR wedding pictures and in OUR wedding pictures and be proud of myself after so many years of being FAT and NOT proud of how I look.

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:13 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I never did get into a bikini (too much loose skin on the stomach) but I rewarded myself pretty well along the way (10 lb increments). For the first 10 lbs, I got a gorgeous pair of expensive sandals I had been eyeing. For 20 lbs, I got a decadent massage in a luxurious spa. 30 lbs was clothes (needed it by that point!!) 40 lbs was a fabulous cut/color at a fancy salon. 50 lbs was another massage at the same incredible spa

I got a tattoo when I reached my goal weight. It's a Chinese proverb - 4 traditional Chinese characters that mean "Dripping water can eat through stone." It's to remind me of perseverance, all the hundreds of tiny changes I made in my life that helped me lose weight and now help me keep it off. From packing my lunch to always parking on the third floor of the parking garage so I have to walk up the stairs to always ordering the tall instead of a Venti at Starbucks.

My tattoo is on my upper back, between the shoulder blades, it's about 3 inches long (easily hidden for work). It hurt, but not too bad. I absolutely love it.

The tattoo helps keep me accountable - I don't want to have a lie on my skin, or a daily reminder of failure. It's basically a very aesthetic way to say "don't screw this up."

Last edited by Glory87; 03-27-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:10 AM   #26  
Heather

S/C/G: 203/180/130

Height: 5'3"

I Have been thinking baout tatooing a butterfly in my back as well. I think its a great idea. Butterflies are not only a symbol of beauty, but also, if you watch a butterfly in flight, the don't fly in a straight line, but kind of flutter up and down, just like us in our weight loss journies...

I think a tatoo, being permanent, would inspire me more to keep the weight off, and not let myself go again. I agree with an above poster that said, that said she didn't want to wear a lie on her skin, so in that respect, the only way to make it not a lie is to maintain what the symbol stands for. Make sense???

Plus, Butterflies never go out of style, they are always beautiful, and not a fad that's here today and gone tomorrow...
cajungal328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:14 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I also love their symbolism - caterpillar to butterfly - transformation!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:19 AM   #28  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Alli & Doughnut!

Yes I have just bought a new ring - with Tesco points It's 9ct white gold with an aquamarine stone. The photo of the ring I put up is a diamond and saphire one from Tiffany. PLUS I have to save up for that ring! I'm using the "reward money" I save plus the money I get from teaching my little brats... er kiddos at kickboxing FWIW I put 50p in the bank every day that I exercise, 50p for every "good eating day" and just recently since I've been giving up diet coke, 41p for every day I go without a coke (that was the price of my usual tipple when I gave it up!). I'm thinking I should get someone to give me a £1 a mile that I train for my marathon, but DH is such a tight-@r$e that he probably wouldn't do it! EVEN THOUGH HE JUST GOT A 10.5% pay rise!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:19 AM   #29  

Height: 5' 7''

My goal reward is a 6 week holiday through China, Mongolia and Russia. I've already bought it - I leave on July 11th - plenty of time to reach goal!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:10 AM   #30  
I am unwritten

S/C/G: 167/143/125

Height: 5'2"

My reward will be new clothes and a cruise with my husband. The last cruise we went on I felt so self conscious and did not enjoy myself as much as I should have.
FeelTheRain is offline   Reply With Quote