Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-29-2007, 03:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/245/150

Height: 5'9

Question so sad!!

I've been watching what i eat and excerising for 1 (1/2) weeks and i don't notice any change on the scale.. this is getting me down...

i weight 270 and have been doing a half hour on the elliptical everyday...

is there something wrong with me... i wanna cry cause i've been working so damn hard..
stacehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

It's tough, but you have to be patient, 1.5 weeks is way too short for you to be discouraged. Weight loss is a long process with ups and downs, you have to settle in with a long term approach or you will go nuts.

If you aren't, food journal for a bit to get a realistic view of what you are really eating. Measure foods, don't eyeball portions, try to get your 5 servings of vegetables a day.

Good work on the exercise!!!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:36 PM   #3  

thanks

i've been keeping a food journal. i find it works wonders.. i seem to only want healthy food in it... lol
Old 03-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #4  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I'll 2nd that "good work on the exercise!" and give ya another Woo-hoo! - You're TRYING! - that's the most important part! Giving up never got anybody anywhere so just keep plugging along! - I know it's disappointing to see the scale NOT move... but sometimes it's takes a bit longer for some than it does for others - so DON'T GIVE UP! - the journey has just begun, & there's not only lots to do, but lots to learn! - Just remember - DON'T GIVE UP!

YOU CAN DO IT!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:03 PM   #5  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

If you are anything like me, sometimes the scale can move a little slower when I am exercising. You may be building a little muscle and your muscles can hold onto a little water when you use them through exercise. I'm not in any way saying not to exercise. The scale will begin to move and the good news is that your size will change probably faster than the scale. I remember having lost weight once without exercising and when I lost it again with exercise, I was two sizes smaller at the same exact weight. I'll take smaller clothes and compliments any day over a scale victory that nobody will probably ever know about.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:54 PM   #6  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I agree with Hope and Glory (hahaha! Oh, how many chances will I ever get to say THAT?! I LOVE this place!) - I have a tendency to 'guesstimate' portions, and I am always surprised when I check it with the scale! Also - the more I exercise, the slower that scale moves... BUT - the better my CLOTHES feel!

Keep going, we're all behind you!!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #7  

aww thxs alot guys i feel way better now. <3
Old 03-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You are doing a great job. It's not easy at times, but you gotta, gotta stick with it. It is so very worth it. Have you tried Fitday.com? It is a free on-line calorie counting service. It can help you track your calories so that you can get a real good idea of just exactly how much you are eating. It all gets much easier the more you get into your journey. So really try hard to get through these difficult first few weeks. You will be so happy that you did. Good luck!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:07 PM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Be sure to track portions and/or calories in your food journal, so you can get an idea of exactly where you're at with that. It's so easy to underestimate and end up with too many calories in a day.

Keep going with the exercise! Good for you!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:16 PM   #10  
I restore Teeth.

sweetheart, 1.5 weeks isn't enough time to judge whether or not you're on track. If you've been making better changes (adding exercise and healthier foods) then eventually they'll show up. I know IMMEDIATE results would encourage you, but don;t get discouraged if you don't see the scale move. If you thought about health before the weight, you might not even need the weight loss as a motivation! I honestly don't see why it won't work... you just need to give it time. I'd say, give it about a month... it is possible that your water weight varies with fluctuation, leading to stagnant weight. My advice is to develop a rather mutual relationship with the scale; its not like the scale should be your boss, really...

Good Luck from all of us at 3FC
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:54 PM   #11  
Heather

S/C/G: 203/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Sometimes weight loss does not show up that quickly. I didn't see my first pound lost until 2.5 weeks into the game, and I felt just like you do, wondering what I was doing wrong. After I lost my first pound, I was so happy, I wanted to kiss the scale. I know one pound isn't that much, but it was a start.

Don't cry, just know this. if you consume less calories in a day than normal, say 300-500 less for example, and you are doing 30 minutes on a elliptical every day, which burns off roughly 100-200 calories (maybe more, not sure), depending on speed and resistance, that means that every day you are eliminating 400-700 calories from your body. Your body has been in a deficit for a week and a half now, and every day it eliminates more and more calories. Not sure how many calories makes a pound, but just keep going, it will start to show very soon....

Keep in mind that between excercise and your time of month, your body and your muscles may be retaining water. At my time of month, I put on 3 or 4 pounds. That was very scary. But after it was over, it went back down to normal.

I am proud of you, and the fact that you are trying. Keep it up.

Heather
cajungal328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #12  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

I've noticed that sometimes I don't see the expected changes for a week or more longer than I thought it would take, and then it all catches up with me. Hang in there! Keep doing the right things, and it WILL pay off!
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:06 PM   #13  

thank you