Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-19-2007, 09:13 AM   #31  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

I can't wrap my brain around this being "okay" because my mindset is total health, not just the numbers on the scale. But I realize that others might have the mindset of "get the weight off, keep the weight off, whatever it takes." To each her own.
BeezKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:17 AM   #32  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

Double post! Oops!
BeezKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:45 AM   #33  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

It may be true that she's not getting the recommended nutrients, but that can be supplemented through vitamins. I can't wrap my mind around eating the same thing every day. For me...blech! But I don't always eat enough proteins, or enough fats, or enough of anything. So I religiously take my vitamins every day. Yeah, I'm in this to be healthy as well as weight loss. But I can't obsess over my health or I'll lose the joy in life. For me, I'd rather eat well, not perfect, but be satisfied with what I eat, and supplement where needed.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:58 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
It may be true that she's not getting the recommended nutrients, but that can be supplemented through vitamins. I can't wrap my mind around eating the same thing every day. For me...blech! But I don't always eat enough proteins, or enough fats, or enough of anything. So I religiously take my vitamins every day. Yeah, I'm in this to be healthy as well as weight loss. But I can't obsess over my health or I'll lose the joy in life. For me, I'd rather eat well, not perfect, but be satisfied with what I eat, and supplement where needed.
This is where I made a point earlier about why she needs to vary her fruit/veggie intake-even if everything else stays completely the same. You can take a mutivitamin to cover basic things like calcium, iron, etc. but a vitamin cannot cover the antioxidants and healing properties in fruits and vegetables-the properties in them that prevent, or lower risks of certain cancers, or the antioxidants and free radicals that slow the aging process, etc. They cannot be duplicated, and you can only get them from eating a variety of fruits and vegetables. There is simply no substitute for them.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #35  

At some point for many of us food needs to be just one more thing in daily life. Good enough is, well, good enough.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:58 PM   #36  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the opinions everyone! It has been great to hear about all of the different thoughts on this issue. I've been doing it for a while, so it just started to feel normal to me, and I thought I might need some others to help me look at my eating pattern from an outside view.

Someone asked for the recipe for the curry sauce...I must admit I cheat. I buy it from Trader Joe's, and then cook my chicken and veggies in it. The ingredients are pretty simple: tomato puree, tomatoes, onions, canola oil, ginger, garlic, sea salt, coriander, cumin, tumeric, paprika, lemon juice concentrate, red pepper, cinnamon, and cloves.

No weird stuff in there!
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote