Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 11:34 PM   #31  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Now will someone PLEASE tell me why it would be so hard for a mature man, or a 15 yr old female or a 12 (soon to be 13) year old male to clean up after dinner, while the usual servant who performs this chore goes to a teacher conference for the 12 year old?!!!!!!! (Can you tell I am upset?)
I came home at 8 pm to find 5 yr old dd asleep on the floor in the front foyer, wrapped in a throw on a pillow from her bed waiting for mommy, dd chatting away on the computer and dh and ds laying on our bed watching TV. And the kitchen a looked a fright.
(what is wrong with this picture?)
Sorry, I had to vent. Hopefully tomorrow will be better (when I go to work and dd is having 6 friends over after school before they all go to a basketball game )
See you later!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 11-06-2001, 07:07 AM   #32  

Good Morning Ladies!

You all sound so wonderful I just couldn't help posting to your site!

Quickly, I'm a 34 year old SAHM (6.5 years now). I have 2 sons (7 and 2) plus DH who is the biggest kid of them all! In 2000 I lost 50 pounds - Thank God for TAEBO! I'd decided enough was enough. I was feeling pretty great about myself (not at goal but feeling cocky none the less). We moved back to our old home town, I settled into old ways again stopped working work, started eating terrible again, yadda, yadda, yadda. Well over the last year I've probably gained 10 back. Not terrible, but getting me any closer to goal. We've moved back to where we moved from last year (we moved back then because of a family medical emergency - that's taken care of and we really loved it here so we now just came back) and I'm on the healthy living kick again. I've been feeling SO terrible- I think freckles mentioned a book about food effecting our moods, etc, I'm a COMPLETE believer with that. So, I too would love any information you can get from that book! Binge eating, I think I could write a book - couldn't we all?! So, that's basically my story. I would love to be a part of your group if you would have me!

Ginny - I too would not be happy at all with that scenario last night! CONGRATULATIONS on that 5# goal! You are doing fabulously! I too am a tea lover. I hope DD is feeling better this morning. Both of my boys had pneumonia this last month - not good! Glad you made it through MIL weekend - I don't have one so can't say I know how it is but I've heard!

Freckles - YOO HOO on that cancer clearance! I have serious family history of cancer and that was truely what finally scared me enough into making some changes in my life. Keep up your good work. Where we just moved there is a Y (really close). I thought about checking it out. Good work on that decluttering. I have to admit I'm very obsessed about things being where they belong - clutter free you might say....it makes DH crazy! HEE

Holly & Chrissy - Newbies too eh? I'm glad you've gotten the opportunities to be SAHM. Some days it's really hard but most days its the best thing in the world!

Kerrie - Boy, do I hear you on the pop issue! I am a complete addict. But, I drink the regular. I just don't see the point of diet. So, that was one thing that I gave up when I started this journey before and have worked my way back into (at least two a day). I'd decided the other day that I've got to just give it up again. So, I'm with you. No more for me - but I can't just limit it - I've got to give it up cold turkey. Here goes.

Well ladies, I'd better get off here and get DH out the door. I hope to chat with you all later.

Happy Fruiting,

Melody

Last edited by YOOPERMOM; 11-06-2001 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-06-2001, 09:11 PM   #33  
burned out bus driver

GoodEvening!!!!!!
Welcome Melody!!!!
Gee, it is great to have another newcomer here!! Jackie and I have been posting here for over a year- Paula and Kerrie joined not too far after that (I think, right?????) and Holly and Chrissy just started. And we have had a lot of friends come and go throughout that time period too. But it is all ok- we all have the same goals, and welcome new friends. I am glad that you are here.
Being that this is going to 2 pages, and I can barely keep up with one, I am going to start SAHM's thread #19. See y'all there!!!!
Ginny
Closed Thread