Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2001, 04:25 PM   #1  

Question 3rd week of ww, not seeing results

I am just ending my 3rd week of ww. My sister in law and I both joined, she weighed 145, and I 135. Over theese 3 weeks, I have only lost around 3.5lbs, and she has lost 10. I am staying in my points range and I do cardio and lift weights 3 times a week, she doesn't exercise at all. I am pretty down. I know our bodies are different, but that does'nt help for motivation. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 11-02-2001, 03:58 AM   #2  

Hi, don't get discourages yet. Unfortunately the more overweight a person is, the faster the weight comes off and you did state that your sister-in-law weighed more than you starting out.

Also, I'm sure you have heard this before, but the exercise is probably building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Please don't stop exercising, muscle may weigh more, but the more muscle you have the more fat your body will burn. You will see the difference in your clothes. Please take advantage of being online by reading and educating yourself. The more you learn about weight loss the better you will feel about your effort. Take one day at a time, you will succeed.
Old 11-02-2001, 08:17 AM   #3  

I agree with short & sassy.

You didn't say how much weight you want to lose, and that can make a difference, especially if you are close to goal. Our bodies seem to hang on to the last few pounds - likely some throwback to days when food was scarce and extra padding was needed to get us through lean times.

Perhaps another way to look at this is your average weekly loss - just under 1.2 pounds. That's exactly what WW recommendation (1-2 lbs. per week), so you're right on track.

I know it's difficult, but try not to compare your progress with that of anyone else. You're doing just fine!
Old 11-02-2001, 11:39 AM   #4  

Thank you, that was of much help. Its just hard to stay motivated sometimes. I found this website yesterday, and it has been so much of a help. Don't worry, I will not stop exercising, I know I need that to stay healty!! Thanks so much for the encouragement.
Old 11-07-2001, 12:38 PM   #5  

Default don't feel so bad now

Well, my sister in law and I both weighed, I lost 4.6 and she lost 4.2, I don't feel so bad now, I am back on track. I think her scale was a bit off.
Old 11-07-2001, 04:16 PM   #6  
MbG
Big Zilla

K,

Have WW given you the exercise booklet and calculator yet? I don't think they do to week 4 or 5 and why I have no idea. But the scoop is that on the days you exercise you need to eat more points. The is especially true if you only eat your minimum points. If you eat only the minimum point and exercise you in fact eat less than the minimum which as we all know can cause you not to lose or even gain...go figure. A 30 minute cardo workout can give you a minimum of 2 points and depending on how long you weight workout is you can get another point or two. What I've learned is that on the days I exercise I always eat the top of my point range, that way any points I earn exercising can be banked for the weekend.

Hope this helps and I see you did have a nice loss this week. Congratulations, you really are doing well on the program.

Marybeth
Old 11-07-2001, 05:08 PM   #7  

Talking

Thanks,

I think I was on the right track of figuring that out. I do notice, I tend to eat more on the days I work out. I typically eat at the top of my points range @ 22-23 pts. a day. I am on the Liberty plan where you only weigh in once a month, so I am really just on their week 2, I am not sure how that all works either. Thanks for all of your support!
Closed Thread