3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Veggie Challenged (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/veggie-challenged-176/)
-   -   What veggie do you STILL hate? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/veggie-challenged/67811-what-veggie-do-you-still-hate.html)

Marianna 11-02-2005 06:15 PM

Blech... brussel sprouts... blah... I can not stand them - despite my nana's best efforts when i was a wee one :D Oddly enough I had the same feeling about pumpkin as a kid, but love it now

AprilN 11-02-2005 07:00 PM

I've learned to eat and enjoy most veggies over the past two years, but I HATED lima beans with a passion as a child, and was forced to eat them - and I'm still hesitant to try them again. The smell, the texture... I can't even eat frozen "mixed vegetables" because they've been infected with lima beans. :p

mauvaisroux 11-03-2005 01:57 PM

I forgot about Lima Beans! :yikes: My mum made those a lot and I couldn't stand them - she never forced me to eat them though :) Still don't like em but tolerate them in mixed vegetables.

healthyme05 11-03-2005 02:12 PM

Squash, Beets, Asparagus, Those Fat Green Beans...Nasty.

The only green beans I like are the French cut ones...

And the worst offender of them all LIMA BEANS!!!

rebelridergirl 11-03-2005 10:43 PM

I hate a lot of veggies, but I really hate beets! I do love green beans, but I hate them cooked in bacon fat. Yucky!

Suzanne 3FC 11-04-2005 06:43 PM

I was once served mashed potatoes with parsnips on an airplane. I could smell something disgusting, but had no idea that it was on my own plate, lol. I decided to taste the mixture, since the two cowboys on either side of me were wolfing it down. One touch to my tongue was all it took. :fr: I'd never tasted a parsnip before, so I'm assuming that was the culprit.

andreaphilip3 11-05-2005 11:42 AM

carrots, cauliflower, string beans and anything weird....

Amarantha2 11-05-2005 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilN
I've learned to eat and enjoy most veggies over the past two years, but I HATED lima beans with a passion as a child, and was forced to eat them - and I'm still hesitant to try them again. The smell, the texture... I can't even eat frozen "mixed vegetables" because they've been infected with lima beans. :p

Me, too. :smug:

Suzanne 3FC 11-05-2005 11:19 PM

I've never had lima beans by themselves, but I used to love the vegetable soup we had as schoolchildren (late 60s/early 70s) and it always had a couple of lima beans in it. They were really good in the soup.

I'd love to meet a lunch lady from back in the day when they cooked our lunches from scratch, and get the recipe for that soup.

flipafart 11-06-2005 12:49 AM

I always thought limas were yummy. yes I could eat them by themselves as a meal. it took me awhile to learn to like black beans though

laura_on_a_bike 11-07-2005 07:03 AM

i don't think that there is a single vegetable that i don't like. i don't care for cucumbers most of the time, but every now and then i crave them. i guess i like them all.

Mazarin 11-07-2005 08:25 AM

Asparagus & Turnips!

kaplods 11-09-2005 01:24 AM

Brussel sprouts, Ewwwwwwwwww. Lima beans are iffy. Mostly depends how they're cooked. I loved the ones my grandma made with onion and tomato sauce, but hate the canned green lima beans that I agree "infect" mixed veggies. The "white" lima beans are ok, and I even use them in chili sometimes. I've even had good green lima beans, but they were heavily buttered and I think were fresh or frozen, not canned.

Colleen

Eggers 11-14-2005 10:37 PM

Onions, peppers, black olives, green peas, beets.

homemade 11-14-2005 10:46 PM

can't say I like sweet potatoes much, tried them this week for the first time, but I am going to try them again, my goal is to try every healthy veggie out there, is there bad ones?????