3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Veggie Challenged (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/veggie-challenged-176/)
-   -   What veggie do you STILL hate? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/veggie-challenged/67811-what-veggie-do-you-still-hate.html)

Mina 12-14-2005 03:40 PM

Onions, beets

Remember the Nickelodeon cartoon with Doug where the whole town was crazy over beets? Anyone? Well, I think I could never live in that town.

And, with onions, I'm not TOO serious, because I'll eat them if they're left in what I'm eating. But I always ask to hold the onions...

PhysDom 12-14-2005 03:46 PM

I -really- -really- -really- dislike lima beans. Taste, texture... ugh.
I also don't like sweet potato usually, but have learned to like it in the form of sweet potato chips or french fries -- I usually don't like how it's sweetened - ick!

For the record, though, I LOVE all other kinds of beans.
I love beets.
I love cauliflower.
I love brussel sprouts.
Love cabbage.
Tomatoes are my favorite of all time!

jillybean720 12-15-2005 02:32 PM

Hmm, I don't think I've ever had lima beans!

But I know I do NOT like carrots, celery, peppers (of any color), tomatoes, green beans, peas, squash (winter, summer, or anything in between ;) )...the list goes on and on :dizzy: OH, do mushrooms count as a vegetable? I can't stand those, either!

LLV 12-15-2005 07:20 PM

Okra, parsnips, turnips and greens.

Other than that, I love most all vegetables, including all types of squash, both winter and summer. Yes, I love lima beans and brussel sprouts, lol.

There's one vegetable here that is a special story and that's asparagus. I used to ADORE asparagus. Then last year around April I got really sick with the flu. I mean miserably, horribly sick. And just before I started feeling sick, what did I eat? Asparagus.

I haven't been able to even look at it since.

emerald dragonfly 12-15-2005 10:54 PM

Asparagus, brussell sprouts and cooked spinach; raw spinach I can handle.

DishyFishy 12-16-2005 05:30 PM

I love all veggies! :T

The caveat is that I can't bear any them cooked geriatric style. Mushy vegetables are disgusting (and nutritionally compromised too), overcooked brussels, cabbage, and cauli end up tasting sulphurous, and then there's snotty okra. :barf:

kookiemonster 12-19-2005 10:24 PM

Nobody mentioned artichokes! blech I can't eat em, I start gagging if I do. ewwww. I don't care for raw celery either.

But I looove okra! Frying them before putting in a sauce usually makes them so disgusting and slimy eww. But if you keep most of the top part on and don't fry them, they're really really quite different and good. Like alter-egos. mmm :)

penpal 12-21-2005 10:35 PM

I cannot eat green peppers - terrible indigestion - though red and yellow are ok occasionally.

I hate okra and radishes. I used to like broccoli, but in recent years I can't stand it!

I like just about all other vegetables. Favorites are: asparagus, fennel, brussels sprouts, yams, cabbage, carrots, peas, green beans, rutabagas, celeriac root, cucumbers, onions, artichokes and baby lettuce.

LLV 12-21-2005 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penpal
I cannot eat green peppers - terrible indigestion - though red and yellow are ok occasionally.

I hate okra and radishes.

I don't like radishes either.

Yuck.

penpal 12-22-2005 11:41 AM

Radishes are watery, hot and tasteless - and they make me burp! :lol:

futuresurferchick 12-22-2005 02:23 PM

Over the past few months I have forced myself to get used to eating cooked veggies, and most of them I do like now, but I'm still not fond of cooked carrots! Ew. I love them raw though. :carrot:

DishyFishy 12-22-2005 02:25 PM

I love radishes! My faves are White Icicles, but I've never seen them here in Canada.

penpal 12-22-2005 07:42 PM

I love your fish! <*)))>((

I'm glad you like radishes, I'm sure they are good for you. I've heard they taste milder if you bake them. I love rutabagas but most people hate them. (Hey, that sounds like a poem :lol: )

becgris 12-22-2005 09:04 PM

Avocados...although I think it may be a fruit. Incidentally, I really like (or will tolerate) most vegetables but I can't take the soft mushy texture of avocados or the gritty, dirty feeling of pears. Blech!

DishyFishy 12-23-2005 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penpal
I love your fish! <*)))>((

:thanks:

When I moved here from the UK I got my knickers in a right knot over the names of things. I went looking for these exotic-sounding rutabagas, only to find they were what I call neeps or Swede turnips! :rofl: I was fair disappointed, but I love 'em anyway. :T