3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Veggie Challenged (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/veggie-challenged-176/)
-   -   What veggie do you STILL hate? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/veggie-challenged/67811-what-veggie-do-you-still-hate.html)

Rhighlan86 07-31-2007 11:19 PM

TOMATOS! Ugh....lol but the thing that irks my boyfriend the most is that I love them in every other form except raw. I put ketchup on anything, ill eat them stewed, in salsa, as sauce, anything but not raw yuck

Ilene 07-31-2007 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhighlan86 (Post 1798167)
TOMATOS! Ugh....lol but the thing that irks my boyfriend the most is that I love them in every other form except raw. I put ketchup on anything, ill eat them stewed, in salsa, as sauce, anything but not raw yuck

Did you know that they are raw in salsa?

WindyCityChick 07-31-2007 11:55 PM

Oh, for me this is an easy call - I cannot stand brussel sprouts! I like or will tolerate almost any other form of veggie, but the smell of brussel sprouts just drives me around the bend. And yes, I've tried them roasted, and every other way that people tell me is the way to kill the bitterness, it just ain't working for me.

My friend who hosted a surprise birthday party for me last year made a huge dish of brussel sprouts :p Didn't she understand it was my birthday, so everything there should have been stuff I like?!

shananigans 08-01-2007 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilene (Post 1798177)
Did you know that they are raw in salsa?

They're only fresh in salsa if it's fresh salsa (the refridgerated kind). Anything in a jar has to be cooked somewhat to kill the bacteria before it's sealed. That's what makes it shelf safe.

Raw celery and radishes are the only vegetables I really dislike.

Ilene 08-01-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shananigans (Post 1798683)
They're only fresh in salsa if it's fresh salsa (the refridgerated kind). Anything in a jar has to be cooked somewhat to kill the bacteria before it's sealed. That's what makes it shelf safe.

I see I didn't realize that, thanks for the info...

leah_0600 08-02-2007 05:59 AM

the ONLY vegetable i don't like is corgette... which was put in practically every meal in the uni cafeteria :(

yocalot 08-02-2007 08:46 PM

Broccoli! YICK! About the only way I'll eat it is if I can put lemon on it!

Rhighlan86 08-04-2007 11:17 AM

When I eat the salsa I don't eat the chunks so much as just the sauce

RocknRoll 08-05-2007 04:17 PM

onions

I eat everything but onions. EUUCH!

vealcalf2000 08-05-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocknRoll (Post 1803858)
onions

I eat everything but onions. EUUCH!

Ditto on the onion. I also can't stand tomatoes. I'm like previous poster if it's ketchup, tomato sauce, marinara it's all good but to eat a raw tomato-yuck!:no:

EZMONEY 08-05-2007 07:44 PM

I will eat any veggie but BEETS...yuko!

xDas7x 08-06-2007 02:33 AM

I cant stand radishes.. and carrots. I can only eat carrots if they're steamed.. raw carrots just don't taste right to me.. ugh.

Bouncing 08-09-2007 07:37 PM

Okra. The only "food" that manages to be both furry and slimey at the same time.l

BillBlueEyes 08-10-2007 01:04 PM

I really like almost all vegetables. Broccoli, kale, and Brussels Sprouts are favorites.

BUT, I hated sweet potatoes all my life, until last year when I had then with drizzled with olive oil and lime - terrific.
(I thought they only came baked under marshmallows - ugh :( ).

NightengaleShane 08-10-2007 02:09 PM

I hate asparagus... YUCK!! I am not fond of carrots, either, nor do I like beets, cooked cabbage, steamed broccoli without cheese, cooked/steamed/creamed spinach or PEAS from a can!

As far as I know, everything else is fair game with me! I love most raw veggies with a good low fat dip (raw broccoli and spinach are great, I just hate 'em cooked).