Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 08:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/241/140

Default eat too live week #5

Good Morning,

Happy fathers day. Today is a hard day for me since I lost my Dad in March. I really learned yesterday that I’m an emotional eater. Greif is a strange thing sometimes I feel fine then sometimes like last night it hits me and I’ll do almost anything to dull the pain. And for me it was about salty foods last night pop corn with soda, sugar free chocolates, and even s coop of peanut butter. Today I’m so sore my hands and joints ach from the excess salt. The funny thing is I’m down a pound but I wonder what I would have done if I would have done something different. Please hug and love your dads today I’d do anything to have mine back for one more hug.

PEACE G
Old 06-18-2006, 01:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 74.6/67.5/56 or 165/149/124

Height: 5'5 1/2

It's Sunday eve over here, but eagerly planning on being 100% good on the diet during next week.
So sad to hear about your dad G. Guess food can make you space out the same way drink or drugs or manic exercise can as well. Totally understand the need to block the pain, its only human. Well done on the 1lb lost though! And thanks for the congratulations, it was my birthday, and I turned one year older. Hopefully next year this time, I'll be a slim and trim me.
How are everyone's diets going?
Mine's going so so. Had maybe a bit too much starch today, due to the lack of veg in the fridge. But tomorrow I'm having my food delivery again, and I ordered so I have exactly what ole Fuhrboy says to eat to last me 10 days(well have to buy a bit more veg at weekend).
Lots of good diet vibes to all !
Old 06-18-2006, 01:42 PM   #3  

happy birthday I thought it might be with that post about eating cake I hope it was a good day for you and I hope this week goes really good for you.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:13 AM   #4  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

Hello,

I just wanted to stop by and say hello! I am what you would call a semi-vegetarian that is slowly but surely phasing into Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:21 PM   #5  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Sorry about your dad, Domino. I cannot imagine what you're going through. Welcome Rosie. I just wanted to say hi to everyone. Will check back in later in this week. Take care!
Old 06-20-2006, 11:06 PM   #6  
...future runner...

SSarah - thanks! Look forward to participating in the conversation.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 74.6/67.5/56 or 165/149/124

Height: 5'5 1/2

Thanks G And welcome Rosie!
I've been good today on the diet plan, except for a tube of smarties ....Why????
I've discovered that I seem to prefer lunch for breakfast and breakfast for lunch on this diet. I.e. salad stuffus pitta bread for brekkie, and fruits for lunch, go figure. And I have fallen in love with kale
Old 06-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #8  

Welcome Rosie we're glad to have you.

San I think it's normal I like breakfast for dinner and a viciversa. so tell me how you doing your Kale been learning about it lately and wanting to know how to cook it.

I weighed in today and I've lost 3.5 pounds. so in three weeks I've lost 7 pounds. It's not melting off then again I haven't been 100%. So all and all I'm very pleased and was the best loser at my TOPS meeting. In 4 more pounds I'll weigh the same as my husband for the first time in our married life. Thanks for all your suport.

Peace G
Old 06-21-2006, 08:53 PM   #9  

i've been a veggie-head for a while but i keep slipping back everytime my husband wants fried chicken wings. i don't know why i'm like this. i have two packs in the freezer and i'm scared to death of them. i dread when he'll ask for them. i have such guilt when i eat them.

my problem for the most part is not meat but junk in general. if i could just stop the ice cream and cakes and eating near mid-night i suppose i'd have lost this weight three years ago when i first made up my mind to stop eating meat. hoe-hum

by the way, i'm sorry to hear about your daddy. i lost mine 9 years ago and still today when i see movies where women are with their dad or something on tv or am out and a woman has her aging father by her side i have to fight back the tears. it's bad enough when they've lived to a ripe old age it can be really hard when the die too young.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:58 PM   #10  

by the way, i know i'm late but i've read the instructions in week one and even though there isn't much time left, i want in. i hope that's ok?
Old 06-21-2006, 10:54 PM   #11  

welcome pound4pound Please join in I would recomend that you read the Book Eat to live by Dr fuhrman. It's a really good book and is very helpful. I understand the wing problem. I'm not sure why your a vegitarian but for me when I want to eat meat I think of how it got there and that chicken sometimes has poop on it and that stops me. now if I could just kick the dairy habbit well we are works in progress each day a little better. So welcome and thanks for the regards about my dad and I'm sorry about yours.

G
Old 06-22-2006, 12:01 AM   #12  
...future runner...

San*_* - you know I think I used to be like that but recently in the last couple of weeks I perfer nothing but black coffee for breakfast and then around brunch time I like nothing but fruit!

Thanks for the welcome. I hope to be here often.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #13  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Welcome #4#! You asked if you could join in at this late date and of course, the answer is Yes! Plus I have a proposal for everyone: can we start all over again with E2L Week One when we finish week 6? I for one need the support plus I haven't been consistent on following it anyway. I hope that achieving 6 consistent weeks on E2L will help me succeed in eating healthier for life. Whaddya think about another 6?

About them wings and other meat, the more I read about nutrition, the more I gross out at the thought of eating it. However, sometimes I don't think about it and dive right in. Perhaps you can put a sicko pic of a chick on the packet of wings that will inspire you to abstain when your hubby asks for them.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:30 PM   #14  

please lets do another six we could start over now or wait thill the end of next week. Even though I've lost weight on this round I feel I could have done better. Heres to new beginings
Old 06-24-2006, 09:38 AM   #15  

Ok today I recommit to the 6 week challenge I’m starting over I’m going to post everyday my meals hear. I’m starting out with the 5 day cleans well my version of it. I had already made this big pot of kale and white bean stew so I’m going to have that for dinner this week in place of the green machine. I’m feeling good but I’m swollen and kind of puffy and not sure why. Thank you for all your support. My goal is to be 200 by the fifth of July. I plan to do this by exercising everyday, staying on ETL 90% I know that Wednesday I have a breakfast that I go to and that is my planed cheat. Ok here we go

Breakfast Maureen’s Morning glory salad 1 banana, 1 grapefruit, ½ a container of strawberries and ice berg lettuce (Ice Berge is really good in fruit salad who knew)

Lunch rainbow slaw ½ cup slaw mix, ½ cup shredded carrots, raisins a hand full, some orange and ½ cup of beets caned (Dr. F said to eat them raw but I didn’t have any)

Popeye blended salad spinach ½ a cucumber, ½ a container of strawberries and the rest of yesterday’s smoothie.

Dinner kale bean soup, big green salad with cabbage Casper, and shredded carrots and “ranch Dressing.”
Closed Thread