Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 05:31 PM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Newbie here!

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum, but I "met" with SSarah in another forum, who recommended me coming here and checking it out. So here I am!

Here is my intro if you would like to read it:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83955

I am not a vegeterian, but I am desperately needing more veggies in my life.

So any advice would be greatly appreciated!

*Flady*
Old 05-17-2006, 10:52 PM   #2  
~Believe~

Hmmmmm. Guess I'm not welcomed here? I see 32 Views and no replies? I just came because I was told by another person to come and check it out. Didn't mean no disrespect.

Going now.

Toodles.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 74.6/67.5/56 or 165/149/124

Height: 5'5 1/2

Welcome Sure you can find lots of ideas to get more veg in your diet here. There are plenty of good recipe threads and ideas. I could just be senile but I think there's a veggie challenged section under food. That's for peple that are not vegetarian, just want to eat more vegetables. You can always join mine, Junia's, SSarah's, ArcticAngels and Ggbdomino's challenge, but we are going on a pretty hardcore vegan Eat to live diet
San
Old 05-18-2006, 08:46 AM   #4  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

OMG Flady! I'm sorry you feel dissed! Certainly not my intent My only explanation is that there isn't a lot of responsive traffic here.

Check out our thread in this subforum about the New challenge/group starting soon. It explains the Eat to Live diet. We're starting Monday the 22d. I'm hoping it will get me on the veggie train.

I ordered 2 vegetable cookbooks from Cooks Illustrated yesterday. They test & experiment until they come up with the "best" recipe for that particular vegetable. I'd be happy to share their recipes with you.

San, you are senile but you are also right- there is a veggie challenged subforum under the Food forum.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:03 AM   #5  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi there!!!! By the way...I LOVE your avatar!!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 11:25 AM   #6  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Hi Bep, it may be just that your question is real vague... you want to eat more veggies. I dont know myself what to say... salads are good... i love salads with very little lettuce and tons of veggies, with cottage cheese for dressing. but hehe, maybe you want real recipes... but i dont cook NO WAY NO HOW!!! so I am no help there...
Old 05-18-2006, 12:06 PM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Flady!

A lot of people browse all the forums but don't neccessarily post in all of them.

In what ways would you like to increase your vegetable intake?

As peeB pointed out you can start with adding salads to your meals or you can start experimenting with new vegetables. I've make up some simple meals like pasta or rice with stir fried veggies instead of using meat and using things like portabello mushrooms to give them some substance.

There is a recipe forum here if you are interested in getting some ideas

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150
Old 05-23-2006, 10:45 PM   #8  
~Believe~

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the replies. I was away on a mini vacation so I am just getting to this now.

I just need to add more veggies to my diet and I'm not a big veggie fan. So I guess I just need more creative ways of incorporating more in. Make sense? I did make a nice Spring Green Salad lastnight that was very yummy. Even hub enjoyed it!

I will check out the other forums too.

Thanks Ladies.

*Flady*
Closed Thread