Old 10-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Upcoming challenge - provided meals for a week

Next month, I am attending a training class that is going to be intensive and I will be at a hotel for the duration of the course. Breakfast, Lunch and dinner are included (since the class runs through dinner). I requested vegetarian meals although DH took a class through the same provider and he remembered someone in his class ordering vegetarian and the provided meal for them was a simple salad. I also asked that dairy be minimized but was told that they may not be able to accommodate that request.

I think they usually go with either pizza or sandwiches but maybe other options as well. I told them that I'd be happy with such things as veggie/bean burritos with no cheese, veggie sandwiches with no cheese and veggie pizza with no cheese.

So I really don't have faith in the training class to provide me with something I'll be happy with so I am unsure what to do. I could load up on bars to take with me like Larabars but those are highly concentrated calories and I would prefer to avoid that. I should have a fridge in my room and the training class is in the hotel.

So I am unsure what I should do. I can go to Baja Fresh and order a few bean burritos and keep them in the fridge or something like that but I am hoping that others who may have been in the same situation would have some tips for me. I also don't expect perfection during the week so if something has small amounts of meat product or dairy product, then so be it, I just don't want to be a meatosaurus or cheesed to death.

Last edited by nelie; 10-22-2007 at 09:40 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:01 AM   #2  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

That's a tough one, it's pretty crappy that they don't seem to want to accommodate you. What would they do if you were allergic to dairy? What if you were vegan? (I know you are eating vegan these days, but practicing vegans would not eat any food containing animal products for any reason) Unfortunately I know it's not that uncommon. I've been in situations like that for a day or so, but not a whole week. It does help that you'll have a fridge, you could use that for a personal food stash, keep veggies and fruits if you get a chance to run to a grocery store and/or bean burritos or other easy and quick foods. That way you can eat what they provide if it turns out to be acceptable, but if not you will at least have something to eat. I won't eat animal products under any circumstances and try to avoid dairy and eggs as much as possible, so I often find eating in these types of situations tricky but I've found there isn't always a very good solution. Luna and Lara bars are my friends.

Good luck!
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:56 PM   #3  
ViolinCyndee

WOW... I always find it difficult when depending on others to feed me veg food.

Yeah I would get stuff for the fridge.. I would bring stuff from home, too. Last time I went to a music festival with my husband, I brought my own homemade grilled tofu and veg sandwiches. Also bring bananas, nuts, etc..
ViolinCyndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Yeah I think I have a basic plan of attack. It should be interesting. Luckily there is a Chipotle down the road from the hotel so it'll be fairly easy as well as other veg friendly restaurants.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote