UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-07-2006, 03:12 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 15st8lbs/11st08lbslbs/11st

Height: 5ft11.5

Hi Suzieb,

After the 14 weeks I am going to go into maintaince - my BMI is now healthy and I am wearing size 12 jeans (I still get a big giggly putting them on) I am also going to use the "Diet Plate" to help me with portion control.

What you could do is move to Cambridge for teh rest of your weight loss as the plan is similar to LighterLife but only costs £33 a week
BigBird77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 02:50 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 315/315/154

Height: 5ft 7inches

hey hun,
must admit didn't check your ticker before i posted that!!! Silly Moo!!!
size 12 jeans - fab going girl.......

have thought about cambridge but i'm starting to get stressed about xmas and the fact that my social life will need to remain non existent for the next few months!!!!!!

it's not that I want to binge but just eat healthily and enjoy xmas dinner and i only go out out about once every couple of weeks but already the invites have dwindled to virtually nil and it's stupid but i keep thinking what if my mates never ask me out again??????????????

I finish LL at the very end of november and will decide there and then what to do - part of me is hoping that i'll feel strong enough to succeed for the rest on ww/sw and that way i can incorporate social events???

decisions decisions....
suzieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:45 AM   #108  

Hi Suzieb,

I would try and stick with it. I have been to a 5 day festival, 2 weddings, dinner's out, to the pub with mates and out clubbing and stuck with LighterLife 100%.

Just because you are doing LighterLife your social life dosent have to stop
Old 10-11-2006, 08:28 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 236/216/147

Height: 5'8"

Default Newbie

Hi, I'm Caz and I'm on Day 6 of LL.

I've got about 6 stones to lose to be at my absolute ideal weight. Had my weekly stop-in on Day 4 and I'd lost 7lbs! I know it won't keep up like that but it encouraged me all the same

I'm having good days and bad ones. Yesterday was bad. I couldn't face water and so was hungry, grumpy and headachey all day.Today is better so far...

Glad to have found you all!

Caz
CazF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:19 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 238/196/169

Height: 5ft 8"

Hello Ladies and welcome Caz

Good to get the conversation going again! Had a poo weightloss this week of 0.6lbs! but hey I had such a bumper week before I haven't let it get me down, plus I was away in Jo'Burg for 4 days and really struggled to drink 3-4 ltrs of water a day so I think that has something to do with the lack of weightloss plus monthly visitor arrived a week early...always a nice occurance!

I am extending my program by 1 week to end the last day of November. I will then go on sensible eating plan etc and not binge over christmas etc.

I'm feeling pretty positive as I can get into clothes I haven't seen for that long that they have come back into fashion!!!! Really greedy though to lose 4 stone, but the good news is that my BMI is at 30 so 1 more point and I will be over weight instead of obese! never thought of myself as obese just fat or cuddly!
Bexstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:46 AM   #111  

Welcom Caz,

The first week is the worst, keep going and as soon as you get a headache take a headach pill - it was teh best advice I was ever given.

I am now into week 12...yipppeee I never though I would make it this far.

Bexstar I too a rubbish weight lost this week 1lb - but better off than on

So nice to see people posting again
Old 10-12-2006, 08:53 AM   #112  

That's timely advice, as I've got another headache now and I'm just coming to the end of my lunchbreak, so paracetamol here I come!

Have my end of Week 1 weigh-in tonight. It's encouraging to know it gets a bit easier as I'm feeling a bit fed up of it today.... every time I close my eyes food is dancing in front of me!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:51 PM   #113  

good luck for tonight Caz! I found myself getting more and more determined to stamp food thoughts out of my brain as I really want this to happen and after all the diets I have been on this one needs to work for my own sanity!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #114  

Thanks.... another 3lbs, so brings my first week total weight loss to 10lbs!! V pleased with that.

And though it's been a hard week at times, it's been no harder than 4 or 5 weeks would have been on WW or something where it comes off slower.... plus the group sessions hopefully will start to change some of my thinking patterns... here's hoping!!
Old 10-13-2006, 03:08 AM   #115  

Morning CazF,

Well done with teh 10lb weight loss, trust me the weeks do get easier, but you can get addicted to watching food programs!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #116  

Fantastic first weight loss Caz

I agree with BigBird it does get easier but you notice how much food used to feature in your life, including how many programs are on TV etc. You will also start to notice how much other people eat and realise how much you used to eat .... well I have and realised that I grazed pretty much throughout my waking hours! Also my power of smell for food is intense...I can smell a dish and diagnose it at a 100 yards

Have a great weekend ladies
Old 10-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #117  

Yes, smell is so hard. I think that's the hardest thing so far. Popped into Sainsburys yesterday to get some house cleaning bits and nearly sank to my knees at the gorgeous smelling strawberries by the door, LOL!!

Still, we keep going. Made my hub a meal today; first one in a week, just wasn't sure I could cope with it before. But I did. Luckily I don't have to cook for kids as we've only got cats, and I'm not desperate enough for Whiskers yet!!

This morning was hard - we usually lounge in bed with papers and breakfast for hours. Was hard to just have a shake. But I'll get there!

It's so encouraging to see those of you who have been on this for a while keeping on going - thankyou!
Old 10-17-2006, 05:09 AM   #118  

Just checking in again to say had my midweek pop in last night and another 3lbs lost, so 13lbs in 11 days so far!

Finding it a bit easier so far this week than last week, not sure exactly why but hey, I'm not complaining! And I got into a pair of trousers this morning I haven't worn in months - only just, but I'm still in them!!
Old 10-17-2006, 05:49 AM   #119  

Hi CazF,

Well done you must feel great. My weigh in is tonight and I might ask if I can come of early as my BMI is 23 and don't feel that loosing any more is necessary, but I will have to wait and see what my councilor says.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:52 AM   #120  

How did it go Bigbird?