UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 04:56 AM   #1  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Default A-MAY-zing Chat

A new month (my birthday month!), but the weather doesn't seem much improved round here. I need to go shopping later, so I think I'll go to the indoor shopping centre rather than into town. Hopefully this should be my final pre-holiday shopping trip, there are only a couple of things I want now.

I think I'll take another rest day from exercise today to recover from my race, although I might do some yoga or pilates later if I feel like it.

I made quinoa, apple and cinnamon porridge for my breakfast for a change. It was edible, but I definitely prefer the oat and berries version so will be sticking to that in the future!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:14 AM   #2  

I'm cleaning our pigsty, frus must have inspired me. I have attacked the kitchen, but still have a bit to do, and I have cleared our stairwell ready to paint, about to trek to B & Q in search of paint!

And I'm booking the final bit of my Aussie trip!!! The Indian Pacific train from Adelaide to Sydney, woo hoo!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:20 AM   #3  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I need to do my pigsty this afternoon, but I'll shop first
Old 05-01-2006, 05:29 AM   #4  

Is it alarming how much money you can spend without leaving home??? I just spent £250 on a train ticket!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:55 AM   #5  

where the flipping heck are you going for that price
Old 05-01-2006, 06:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

After much deliberation, false starts and errr wussing out, I've decided that in 5lbs time I'm giving up smoking. I signed up to the NHS Stop Smoking thingy this morning and gave them a start date of June 1st (may be before depends on the weight loss ). I'm also going to speak to my Dr about Zyban, I don't fancy those patch things.

Has anyone here tried Zyban or no anyone who has?
Old 05-01-2006, 06:46 AM   #7  

you need to start taking it soon if thats what you decide

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100004174.html
Old 05-01-2006, 06:48 AM   #8  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello all!

I've just had me some lovely fresh pineapple a whole bowl full for only 55 kcalories! A bargain!

The pigsty is almost clear, just a few things to move around, then a vacuum.

We gave the "live music" a miss last night, we got there, opened the door, heard the screeching (yes really) and walked out! We came home and I made almost-Mr Frus apple crumble, I had nuked apples and rhubarb with ginger and low fat custard!

We're thinking about going down to Camden this afternoon, the weather's cleared up a little bit. It absolutely Peeeeeeed it down in the night, all the needles have come off our Christmas tree that was on the balcony. Poor tree!

I was looking at hiring a chocolate fountain for the wedding, but the ones where you get stuff to dip in, and a "helper" are about £500 for the day! So perhaps we won't be getting one!
Old 05-01-2006, 06:50 AM   #9  

I've had toast and an apple and a banana today and then was still hungry so I had a drifter oops

You are doing better than me. I love pineapple. I'm lunch hungry already and its not even midday yet whats up with me today.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:18 AM   #10  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I packed up smoking about 5 years ago using the 24 hour patches - I went from 60 a day to zero overnight. I'd smoked for over 30 years and tried all kinds of stuff to give up - gum, hypnosis, acupuncture, aversion therapy, aromatherapy, dodgy massage therapy and it took two attempts at the patches to work. The day time only patches were useless.

I wish they did a patch for dieting! I tried those vanilla ones but they only work for about the first hour.

It has tipped down here all night up to about 9.30 when the sun came out - I managed to get a two hour walk with the dogs, just got back home and its started pouring again.

I'm okay - I had a cottage cheese/oats/egg whites pancake with blueberries on top for breakfast and I've just had elevenses of cottage cheese with grapes. I've made a lunch of a warm butterbean and tuna salad (just got to be warmed up) over salad leaves and I haven't quite figured out what to do with the chicken breasts I've defrosted for dinner - I might add some dried apricots and a spicy sauce and turn them in to a sort of tagine to have with couscous and broccoli.

Some animal has dug up all the herb seedlings I put in It wouldn't be George (too lazy) and I don't think it was Fred (no opportunity) so that leaves next door's cat. Blummin thing!
Old 05-01-2006, 07:22 AM   #11  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Crikey, Frus, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy your own chocolate fountain? Good idea about the maintaining - I'll be interested how you get on because I can never get it right (pretty obvious really otherwise I wouldn't be trying to lose weight now )
Old 05-01-2006, 08:33 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by impossible princess
where the flipping heck are you going for that price
I'm going from Adelaide to Sydney on the Indian Pacific. I'm pushing the boat out and going Gold Kangaroo class (first class) it's a really long journey, about 24 hours, and the price includes all meals. I have always wanted to do it, and I'm really excited about it

Let me do some chocolate fountain digging around, I think I get a good discount through work, I'll have a look at the intranet site tomorrow.

I still can't do egg white and oatmeal, it just doesn't seem right to my taste (or texture) buds.

I've done my painting, so the cat scratches are non existent now, hopefully we will pass our next house inspection with flying colours!!!

And now I am all kitted out for gym!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:33 AM   #13  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I'm back from the shops, I ended up not buying any clothes and just getting suncream etc. I'm now making some carrot and ginger soup for my lunch, then I'll have to make a start on the pigsty Thinking about it, that will probably be more exercise than going to the gym would be, there's plenty to be done
Old 05-01-2006, 08:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

I've been cleaning too.

My brother is 40 today so we are having a tea party for him. He is divorced and has been a little down lately, he will bring his little boy, and my little brother will be coming over also with his three children. My eldest boy who is almost 15 says he will be in his room god he is a moody sod sometimes.

I saw the most fantastic cake it was by nestle, chocolate sponge
smothered in Rolos Smarties and Munchies. However it didn't say Happy Birthday on it, but how tempted was I to get it anyway.

Princess. I know two people who have tried Zyban. One sucessfully gave up on it. The other is a colleague of mine. She didn't get on with it at all it made her moody and snappy and the change in her was very noticeable. She had to give it up after nearly two weeks as she felt so terrible. You will have to see how it goesand very good luck with it. My husband is into his ninth week of patches hopefully he will kick his habit. He has one more week of patches left.

Have a lovely restful Monday everyone

Michele
Old 05-01-2006, 08:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Princess I am a big eejit sometimes. Of course it is Moo who is trying to give
up smoking apologies. It's my age!!

Michele
Closed Thread