UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-28-2006, 03:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Default Help please- decorated bra ideas!!!

Hi,

I'm walking the Playtex Moonwalk in 3 weeks, along with my super skinny friends. We need to find a theme to decorate our bras- desperately.

The only thing is I'm very much an apple so want to cover my stomach a bit at least and they keep coming up with stuff that will look great on a size 8 but not so much on me.

Please please please can anyone give me ideas, otherwise I'm going to be walking round London in a bad bra!!

Thanks in advance
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/153/145

Default Animal skins?

Clareh:

Why not tails? If you were wearing cave woman bras, how about cutting strips of animal print fabric and making tail that hang down from the waist and hide the tummy?

The other idea is just to add an animal print all around the bottom of the bra, much like the popular blouses with the empire waist.

Hope this helps.

Clareh, you were my inspiration for all this exercise. Thanks so much. I haven't lost a pound yet, but that will come I hope.

Good luck~Cate
Woodstock Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:45 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock Cate
Clareh:

Why not tails?
That's what I was thinking, too. Or tulle... that gauzy stuff ... to make a semi-transparent "skirt".
Good luck!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:11 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock Cate
Why not tails?
Go with a "hula" theme, decorate the bra cups to look like coconuts, then attach the grass skirt part under the bra, so that it hangs and covers the tummy.
DonnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:14 PM   #5  

Or you could go belly dancer. Get strips of gold fabric and sequins etc and sew them to the bra so that they hang down a bit over your stomach. It'll look glam and hide your stomach and bellly dancers can get away with not having a flat belly. Anything oriental like that will work.

Or you could do fairy. Have fairy wings going from the back of a bra that will detract attention from your stomach and then a tutu bottom or something.

Last edited by impossible princess; 04-29-2006 at 04:44 PM.
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:01 PM   #6  

Thanks ladies- some brilliant ideas. I'll let you know how we get on (and may even post pics if they are good enough!!)
Old 04-29-2006, 03:20 PM   #7  
Denise-gotta reach target

S/C/G: 237/209/140

Height: 5ft 5.2

Default Hello!

Hiya Clareh

I registered with this forum but as yet havent posted!

But i just looked back on this site after a V.long time and noticed you are doing the Moonwalk this year!

So am i!

I just decorated my bra today, as i have 2 local newspapers coming round on tuesday to take pics!
OMG!
I am not exactly slim!
need to lose approx 4.5 stone!

but i have dyed mine pink(pale pink) and have pink and lilac fluffy stuff around the edges/straps, some dangly pink beading round the bottom(to try and hide a bulge or two!) and 2 butterflies on each side

I have never done any 'marathon' or anything like this before and it will be a first and a challenge!

also am prob going on my own as some people who got a place on another message board/forum seem to have disappeared lol and we were meant to be doing it together, never mind1
i am still looking forward to it and am trying to follow the training programme from walk the walk site as much as i can although have missed out on a 16 mile walk ,but am doing a 20 mile walk next saturday!

biggest walk so far was last weds- i did a 15 mile one, and thought my legs were going to drop off on the last mile home!
but stretching and a long hot bath later , i was actually fine!

How is your training going etc?
and how you finding it all?

look forward to hearing from you

Denise
x
Zafira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:29 PM   #8  

Belly dancer was gonna be my suggestion! No one will care about your "bouncy bits" you are woman, you are mean to have curves!

I'm so excited for both of you!!! It's such a cool thing to be involved in!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:14 PM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

How about Wonder - Woman style corset?? You could go the whole hog with the tiara and pants and everything! I like Wonder Woman
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #10  

Hi everyone. We now have a theme!! Thanks for all of the fab ideas (I'm still strengely loving the hawaiian coconut shells and the Wonderwoman ideas but I really don't think that the world is ready for me in those. Next year maybe.....

We are going to be going in sparkly pink cowboy hats and belly dancerish style decorated bras (with strips of tulle) I may even throw in a feather boa. I feel so much better for all of your suggestions. Do you know that if you put in Playtex Moonwalk into Google it brings up photos of Nell MacAndrew, and her fantastic six pack. Sooooo unfair (it's not like she works out daily or anything!!)

Denise- good luck with the 20 mile walk. I did 20 miles last weekend and am doing it again this one. It's hard. I'm hoping that the practice will help but if you can do 20 you can do 26 (at least that's more than Jade in the London Marathon!) Your bra sounds great!!

Thanks for all of your suggestions xx
Old 05-04-2006, 04:26 AM   #11  
Denise-gotta reach target

S/C/G: 237/209/140

Height: 5ft 5.2

Default Omg

Thanks Clare!
Good luck to you too on the night- it should also be good fun too!
Your bra decorations sound real cool too!
Anyway...

OMG i am on the front page (and page 3 LOL) of one of my local newspapers wearing my bra!!!
How embaressing!!! LOL
My son when he saw it -first thing he said was "look at that podgy bit!" (meaning my tummy LOL)
Oh well -what the heck ! LOl - its all for a good cause!
(i just have to phone the paper up though as they have added an extra 'e' to my charity web address DOH-typical!-they will have to correct it next week!)
Just got to wait for the other local paper now-to see what my article in there is like!

anyhow- i have scanned it and here is the link to view the article(i have put the 'page 3' write up underneath the front page pic!)

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...r-moonwalk.jpg

I am never going to live this photo down LOL!!

Right off for another 7 mile walk!

BTW at weigh in this week i lost 5.5 lb and got SOTW Yaaay!

Denise
x
Zafira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:56 AM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

Denise, that's too cute!! Good for you, girl!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:47 AM   #13  

Page 3 stunna Congrats on the 5.5 as well.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:48 PM   #14  

Denise, you look fab! Well done on SOTW as well.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:42 AM   #15  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Nice one Denise - what's the date of the Moonwalk - I might come and cheer
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote