UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:19 AM   #16  

Well done Denise, my partner works for Daily Sport, you could be a real page 3 girl
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Two weeks to go, and I've had my official Moonwalk bra delivered- and it's a push up!!!

Why did nobody tell me before that push up bras are the friend of the fat chick! No-one will notice my middle. I just want to look as good as Denise now...!
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:15 PM   #18  
Denise-gotta reach target

S/C/G: 237/209/140

Height: 5ft 5.2

Thanks everyone!

And Clare -those bras are really nice arent they?!

so you got your final pack too!
what colour is your walk number?
mine is yellow

so i am doing a 20 mile walk tomorrow- gonna set the alarm(hubby LOL) for about 6 am (he always gets up early )
And hopefully i will be back home before lunchtime
And the next 2 weeks before the event i can ease up a bit then-getting exciting now!

am going to be in my other local paper for next week they said -hopefully not on the front though LOL!

Anyhow i have a pics website set up(of me and my family) if anyone wants to take a look?
i have also added a page on there for the moonwalk as i will be taking some pics and will upload them afterwards -so you can all see
here is the link..
http://denteztykydon.piczo.com/?preview=y&cr=2&rfm=y

also the event is on may 20th and is at Hyde Park london(starts and finishes there) and the walk goes through the night-- if anyone wants to come down and give support?

Also i have a charity website set up for sponsors for doing the moonwalk if anyone wants to sponsor me?
(every little helps! LOL)
heres the link for that too..
https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/Denisesmoonwalkchallenge

thanks for the response to my posts too- seeing as i have only posted a few times

but this looks like a very friendly forum and i shall be posting a lot more soon too- i really need to reach my target weight - and still have approx 5 stone to go

just need to figure out what to post where?

thanks again everyone for your support!

and good luck clare with your moonwalk too- it looks like it will be a fantastic night- cant wait!

i will let you know how i get on with my 20 mile walk too!

gonna have an earlier night tonight -long day tomorrow!

Bye for now
Denise
x

Last edited by Zafira; 05-10-2006 at 02:13 PM.
Zafira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:55 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/153/145

Thumbs up Congrats to All Walkers

Ladies:

All of you in your gorgeous womanly bras, should pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

It is such a wonderful cause that you are walking for, that no matter if you finish, no matter if you aren't as slim as you want, you are still doing it.

That's what makes this walk so wonderful. If everyone who had doubts about finishing or their looks, did not walk, there would be no walk. I applaud all of you.

Keep us posted on your progress. You are all an inspiration.

~Cate
Woodstock Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:56 PM   #20  

thanks Cate!

well ladies..... i did my 20 mile walk this morning- i left home at 7.30 am and got back at 1.10pm- so that 20 miles took me 5hrs and 40 mins!

and boy am i feeling it!!!
I really started to hurt about 3/4 of the way and by the time i was approx a mile from home my legs were really aching and felt like lead!
I had a job to lift my legs on to the pavement fromcrossing the roads LOL!

but i got home and stretched(painfully)-then had a long hot bath-approx 1 hour LOL- and that really made a difference-am still achy-and just have my right calf that really hurts and feels tender!

but now the training can ease up for the last 2 weeks now!

Plenty of time to mend a bit

but going on that time i did today - i figure i should finish in the 7-8 hours that i put on the application!

Plus it should be much better on the night- new route-new sights-all the excitement and encouragement etc

not long now!!

how did you get on clare?

Denise
x
Old 05-06-2006, 05:07 PM   #21  

Thumbs up

Denise:

I am so impressed! I bet you did take an hour soak. Wow, you deserved it. I might just think about training to do one of the those walks.

Maybe I should come to England and do one that way I could have an excuse to visit my friend in Cornwall.

~Cate
Old 05-06-2006, 05:17 PM   #22  

Thanks Cate

And yes what a good reason to visit your friend in the UK
Go for it!!

i am still surprised at how hard it is to walk so many miles though- alot of people may think...yeah ok, its only walking(like me at frist too LOL), but it really is quite a challenge- especially if youve never been one for continuous fitness and excercise!

Denise

x
Old 05-07-2006, 02:25 AM   #23  

Denise- well done on your walk. I did the 20 in just about the same time (5hrs 35) so we're looking at finishing in under 8 hours (not that I'm bothered, I just want to complete)

And walked it all in a push up bra! (under a vest obviously but I still got some looks from other runners. We walked round a popular reservoir 4 times, by the thirs, some of the slower walkers were cheering us on! It's suprising how little motivation spurs you on.

Any I don't ache as much as I did last week (vaseline on the feet definitely helped)

Cate- the website address is http://www.walkthewalk.org/- there's loads of different events. It has been fun training and planning and I'm now looking forward to the big day.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:02 AM   #24  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Oh I'm so gutted, we're visiting Mum and Dad in yorkshire that weekend. I would've come and cheered you on!

I fancied signing up for it but DF talked me out of it I'll be with you next year gals, and this year I'm doing my bit with the Race For Lifes.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:05 AM   #25  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Ladies - very well done on your walks! Walking 20 miles in 5hr 35 is giving you an average speed of slightly more than 3.5 miles per hour which is great.

I wish I'd known about it - I walk 8 to 10 miles a day so it would be exactly the kind of thing I'd enjoy except, possibly, finding the right size bra - do they make one in a 38AAA??

Good luck on the day and PLEASE let us know how you get on with your training.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #26  

Sarah~8 to 10 miles a day! Wow, you go girl. Can I come to England and walk the moores with you and the dogs? Sounds like a scene out of Wuthering Heights...

I visited your blog. Nice work. BFL? I will have to check that out.

Have a wonderful walk today~Cate
Old 05-08-2006, 01:31 PM   #27  

Hi- Axalways thannks for the support. I'm feeling loads more confident now that I've done 20 miles in 2 consecutive weeks and can't wait for the night. I prmosie to post some pics....

Sarah- if they have my bra size, they'll definitely have yours. I'm on the other send of the spectrum, not in the middle like most women.

5 miles tomorrow, 10 miles Thursday, 10 miles Sunday then a few short walks and spinning classes next week....then IT's IT!!
Old 05-09-2006, 09:39 AM   #28  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Cate - Yes, I'm very lucky to live on the edge of the Moors. They aren't the hilly sort like in Wuthering Heights but they are still very atmospheric and beautiful in their own way. In fact they are raised peatbog moors which means that for weeks after a wet spell it feels a bit like walking on soft carpet or wet sand - you kind of sink in to it. I haven't yet found Heathcliff yet (I don't think DH would like it if I did!)
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:00 PM   #29  

Hehee!!! guess what i did today??!!!
Well i went into my local sainsburys where i work part-time and with permission of the manager did bag packing for 4 hours wearing my decorated bra!!!
and in doing so i raised £171.70 for the charity!!
After getting over my initial embaressment it was good fun! one man said he would give me a £1 for every bag i packed -then at thend said i make that 12 bags and put £12 in my bucket! another old man said good god! i am 82 and dressed like that you nearly gave me a heart attack LOL- and someone said to one of the checkout girls she thought i was some nutter that had come in off the street to try and raise a few quid LOL-then felt guilty afterwards when she realised and added a donation LOL!
but on the whole it was good and a lot of people were giving me praise and wished me well on the night- also heard a few stories of people they knew who had breast cancer also..
and at the end of it i went in to personnel and got them to help me add up and witness that i put it all on the sponsor form -just so anyone doesnt think i was keeping it for myself

but i was well chuffed with the result!
i think i must have raised almost £800 in total now-will have to check through and add it all up properly!

but hey what the heck the bag packing was well worth the initial embaressment!!

But now only one week to go now till the big walk - WAHEY!!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:13 PM   #30  

Denise you are brave! Well done. Bet you made the 82 year olds (and more) day.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote