UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-23-2005, 01:56 AM   #1  

Smile things we want to do

just thought this would be interesting to know what kind of things people would like to do once they lose weight

I AM GOING TO LEARNT TO JOG
i want to wear a vest like summer top
i want to go on a beach holiday(wether here or abroad)
i want to be able to say, do you have that in my size.....to be told no.........there all too big for you
thats mines for just now but im sure once my brain wakes up there will be plenty more
tootoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 07:48 AM   #2  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Good thread, Toot ,

Top of my list is that I want to be able to walk around bare legged in summer without the tops of my thighs getting sore. In summer I have to resort to the subterfuge of cutting the legs off tights at mid thigh level and wearing them as shorts under my skirts - then I worry about what the A&E doctors will think if I ever get run over by a bus !

Okay, what else ?!?

I want to be able to wrap my (skinny) arms round my (skinny) calves and hug my knees. A weird ambition, I know, but I've not been able to do that since I was a wee lass and I always envy women that do it without batting an eyelid. At the moment my three bellies get in the way .

I want to be able to pull myself out of a swimming pool, rather than having to use the steps .

I want to be able to wear coordinating lingerie - and for it to be pretty and feminine, not like something your gran wouldn't be seen dead in .

I want to be able to walk through turnstiles without worrying that I'm going to get stuck .

I want to be able to bop my socks off all night without looking like I'm about to have a heart attack .

I want to be able to go horse riding without fearing that I'm doing untold damage to the poor nag's kneecaps and that a concerned onlooker will report me to the RSPCA .

I want to be able to go out for the evening without spending an hour or more going through everything in my wardrobe and getting more and more fed up because everything I try on looks shite .

I want to finally wave goodbye to the fat lady shops .

I want to be able to wear NICE jeans - and a belt - and tuck things in !!!

I want to be able to balance a tray on my lap - at the moment the aforementioned three bellies take up all my lap room .

I want to feel SEXY .

Ok, I think that's enough to be going on with. If I achieve even half of those things I'll be chuffed to bits .

Kind regards,

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 07:55 AM   #3  

Janey you can get short things like tights from Evans. They know their market. I got some thinking one day I may wear a skirt but that day hasn't come yet.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 07:59 AM   #4  

Things I want

Go to a gig without my hair sticking to my head and looking like I'm about to die. When I saw Morrissey last year it was so hot and I looked awful especially as I was surrounded by student age types.

Fairs

I don't know why fat people are obsessed with fairs but these always come up on to do lists. Last ride I went on was over 10 years ago and I had to squeeze through the turnstile. I'd like to stop pretending I don't like them.

Summer

I'd like to not wear layers to cover me up.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 10:08 AM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I too am learning to jog...

I want my first EVER bikini

Beach holiday (St Ives or Cyprus! )

For clothes in TOPSHOP to be too big rather than just skin tight!

OOoh I want to be able to jump over those pedestrian barrier things (very odd, but still!...)
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 12:53 PM   #6  
Queen of Chaos!

All of the above ('cept I'm too old for the bikini!)
I just want to be looked at for other reasons other than being the fattest in the room.
mysticvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 05:36 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

I just want to be able to wear all the gorgeous size 10's that i've held onto for years you know the reason why "because one day i'll fit into them again" now though i'll probably look like mutton dressed as lamb if I ever do get in them and i'm getting "granny" arms now too whoever heard of cellulite at the top of the inside of your arms its gross! I hope the weightloss will diminish that otherwise i'll never show the tops of my arms again
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:26 AM   #8  

Hmmmmmm I want to be able to deliver medical reports from my department to the clinical team without waiting 10 minutes for a lift, or dashing the two flights up the stairs and sounding like Darth Vader on a bad day!

I want to be able to wear a neat little worksuit without looking like Dumbo in fancy dress.

I want to walk into Evans and look despairingly at all the large clothes, and slink back to Top Shop or Dorothy Perkins with my tail between my legs, thumbing through racks of size 12's.

I want to go on shopping trips with the girls from work and NOT have to wander off on my own to Evans while they compare clothes in the slim girls shops.

I want to walk into a gym and be taken seriously. No more patronising "oh it's fantastic you are doing something about your weight" comments.

I want to be chatted up in a bar. (even though I am taken) I want people to chat me up because I am pretty, not because of my strange Australian sense of humour.

And I want to wear a bikini, ok I have a 16 inch scar across my stomach, which has gone keloid and looks like a rare tropical sea slug, but when I am a size twelve, people will be too busy looking at my stunning figure to notice
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:56 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie
Fairs
I don't know why fat people are obsessed with fairs but these always come up on to do lists. Last ride I went on was over 10 years ago and I had to squeeze through the turnstile. I'd like to stop pretending I don't like them.
veggie i know what you mean on this one few weeks back i went on the rollercoaster and some other rides........thinking hmm i havent for years its because im fat....now i realise yes im still fat but i dont go on rides because i genuinelly hate them, i get no thrill out of feeling very sick
Old 04-25-2005, 12:10 PM   #10  

Kykaree - You're comment about your scar, I don't know if it was meant to be funny, but it made me laugh out loud, what a lovely image you conjure up

x
MadamDotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:38 PM   #11  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want .....

HELLFIRE I just WANT!!!!

I'd love to be able to move at slightly quicker than walking pace without having to check which bra(s) I am wearing.

I'd love to lose the 'fat but fit' teaching tag - can I just be me please?

I want to be able to talk to a lycra'd stick insect about how she is doing herself no good in my class, cos she isn't really giving it anything, without her looking at me in that sad pitying preying mantis way - misspelling intended!!

I want to snuggle up to non-chubby hubby, no spare anythings for either of us!

I want to not want, or rather not to have to pretend that I don't mind being how I am, when really all I want is to be healthier - OK, thinner!!!
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:50 PM   #12  
aka Superwoman!

at the bras stef! I can't sprint for the bus without getting black eyes!

Yes to give a lycra-ed stick instect a good talking to would be a good one too!
Old 04-25-2005, 01:09 PM   #13  

this bra thing is coming up a lot...................and girls i can tell you ITS GREATTTTTTTTTTTT being able to buy lovely bras, seeing as i acheived normal boobiedoos not long ago, ive become a bra maniac
sorry if it sounds like im gloating im not.........ive waited since i was about 15/16 to wear a normal size bra now 16 yrs later i can actually do it, maybe in a few months ill be "normal " enough to flash the bras
Old 04-25-2005, 05:56 PM   #14  

LOL Madam Dotty, I have to laugh about the scar or I would cry!!!! Never believe a surgeon when he says "we do it key hole these days you'll hardly have a mark!!!" Yeah, right!!! Not only do I have the slug, I have two little pot holes where he stuck the cameras in and thought better of it, one is inside my belly button. I am tempted to get a massive Christina Aguilera style diamond put in my belly button to cover up the scar!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:39 AM   #15  
aka Superwoman!

Poor kyk, but you're right, who'll be looking when you're a stick insect?

Toot, My butt's a size 14, but my BOOBS are STILL ENOURMOUS! And I'm sure they'er getting bigger and my butt's getting smaller! What's that all about??