UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #76  
Gym'll fix it!!

Toot, the nurse you're working "under" is OK he pulls his weight anyway, it keeps you fit!! enough talk about your S*X life im getting jealous

Blimey Janey, I've only done half of the basic workout ONCE I know that my Billy Bands are on the way and I can't wait for them to arrive so that I can try it again don't know how long it will be before I try the advanced though
Old 04-22-2005, 01:13 AM   #77  

Old 04-22-2005, 01:32 PM   #78  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I jogged for 6 mins 15 secs! YAY!

I'm going to try for 20 minutes by end of May! Oh YEAH!
Old 04-22-2005, 03:19 PM   #79  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Cat, you'll be surprised how quickly you graduate from the basic taebo to the advanced - 3 weeks ago I had to stop in the middle of the basic workout for rescuscitation but now I can almost complete the advanced workout. I'm sure I look inelegant and lumbering, but what the **** as long as it does the job. The workout I'm doing at the moment is the Get Ripped one (taebo 2)...I think it's considered one of the easier ones, and certainly looks a lot easier than my new Energise workout....I'm saving that one for when the defibrillator I ordered off Ebay arrives...

Today I took a break from the taebo and jogged for 32 minutes on my Reebok rebounder. I actually enjoyed it too - I had No Doubt blasting on my headphones, and I felt fabulous!

If I feel this good at 15stones 9lbs (and I'm only 5'1") I think I'll die of sheer exhilaration by the time I get to goal. I hope this high lasts a long long while and starts to rub off on you gals too! I'm beginning to feel like Pollyanna !

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

Janey
Old 04-22-2005, 05:52 PM   #80  

I managed to drag my very tired bottom to the gym this evening, note to self - find something better to do on Friday than go to the gym with the posers and the ultra keen fit chicks........I was the fattest in the gym by about 5 stone.....normally when I go there is a broad spectrum of bodies there.

Never mind, I wobbled my way around my workout, and feel good for it. I inhaled my dinner when I got home though, I was starving!!!
Old 04-23-2005, 01:50 AM   #81  

didnt do a thing last night, was exhausted from working all day and i was the only member of our staff the rest was agency...NIGHTMARE!
tomorrow im going to the gym
MONDAY im starting my learn to jog , i want to be able to jog, so even if i start by managing a minute(im hopeful!) ill be happy with that but each time at the gym im going to try further and further, maybe some time next year ill be fit for a mini marathon, who knows. im not giving myself a timescale on this jogging thing because from past experience i know i cant run, and i definitely have never enjoyed it, but i do feel its time i started to set myself some targets and challenges within challenges or im going to get stuck in a rut
if im still alive after attempting to jog tomorrow i will post the results
Old 04-23-2005, 10:12 AM   #82  
aka Superwoman!

Toot, we will JOG together! I have managed 6 mins 15 secs on my 3rd attempt!

I'm also going to go swimming soon (should really be doing college work ) and rev me up for the rest of the day!
Old 04-23-2005, 01:34 PM   #83  
aka Superwoman!

WOOOOOO YEAH! Swam a whole mile!
Old 04-23-2005, 04:43 PM   #84  

this exercise thing is more contagious than measles
Old 04-23-2005, 05:11 PM   #85  
Gym'll fix it!!

I WISH Toot

Gosh Frus, I have never been able to jog on my treadmill even when its not on an incline it still seems to go up a bit at the front so I have the impression that i'm running uphill the best i've done is walking at 3.5mls and then jogging at 4.6mls for ONE MINUTE then back down to 3.5mls for two..or something like that its been a while I think i'll try and build it up like you are

Hope you're right Janey it will be nice to be able to do it without can I borrow your resusitator
Old 04-24-2005, 04:43 AM   #86  

cat thats the way im going to do it........jog for one minute(if i can) then walk for a bit then jog again
im bloody determined to do this.........JUST NOT TODAY
im not going to the gym as i thought yesterday, because ive been working, the whole house needs a good seeing too, DH tries but im sure he only sees what he wants to see
Old 04-24-2005, 02:34 PM   #87  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Wow, frus, a mile!? That takes some serious effort! How many lengths is that? You go, girl !

I'm pushed myself to the limit these past two days. Yesterday I walked 4.4 miles in 1 hour and 9 minutes (586 cals burned off according to my heart rate monitor) - came home footsore and weary, but feeling really proud of myself. I'm still having problems with my feet, so I had to grit my teeth to finish the walk, but that just added to my sense of satisfaction. No pain, no loss !

Today, I finished my Get Ripped advanced taebo workout for the very first time! 55 minutes of sheer, unadulterated, unenjoyable, teeth clenching, sweat inducing slog ! I hated every minute of it, but I was determined to give it a good ***-kicking! According to my hrm I burned off 640 cals, and reached a maximum heart rate of 197 bpm. Dunno if that's right, cos my maximum rate should only be 180bpm - I should need CPR if I hit 197 ........but I must admit it FELT like I hit 197 bpm - I was absolutely cream crackered!!

Now I'm off to have my fishcakes and salad, followed by a long hot bath ,

Kind regards, Janey
Old 04-24-2005, 03:10 PM   #88  
aka Superwoman!

Cat, I was jogging OUTSIDE in SHORTS

Janey, a mile in the swimming pool is 64 lengths, or so I've been told! It was really disheartening to get to 12 and be cream crackered and think, "Just 52 to go!" I did it though!
Old 04-25-2005, 07:13 AM   #89  

jogged for 2 minutes!!! not consecutively though, did a minute then walked ...or held on while the machine moved my feet........then i did another minutes jog
i stopped after that cos some fit bloke got on the machine beside me ....i was worried one of my boobs would get loose and do him an injury
Old 04-25-2005, 12:55 PM   #90  
aka Superwoman!

WTG toot, at least it would've given you something to talk to the fit guy about.....

Am off to kickboxing tonight, was going to start "training" for Race for Life today, but saw 7am this morning and didn't like it! Been shuffling round like a bear with a sore head today, so just the kickboxing for me!
Closed Thread