UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 04:38 AM   #1  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Default No more April Fooling - exercise

So I leapt in here cos I feel good today!

A Fools Resolution: I will do the exercise schedule I wrote so long ago!

That means not counting as exercise the classes I teach - cos I really just shout a lot. click my fingers for tempo and correct everyone's technique. Not much work there!

So
Sunday 30 mins mat/ball/band work and at least 30 mins gardening/housework
Monday 30 mins Boxercise before work 30 mins mat/ball/band work after work
Tuesday 30 mins mat/ball/band work before work 30 mins treadmill and 10 mins bag work after work
Wednesday mins Boxercise before work 30 mins mat/ball/band work after work
Thursday mins mat/ball/band work before work 30 mins Boxercise after work
Friday 30 mins Boxercise before work 30 mins treadmill and 10 mins bag work after work
Saturday 30 mins Boxercise and at least 30 mins gardening/housework

Step 1: Get the morning sessions and 2 treadmill session in first
Step 2: Add the other sessins in one by one

By the end of the May Challenge all sessions should be in place!

Fingers crossed!
Old 03-28-2005, 10:18 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef
So I leapt in here cos I feel good today!

A Fools Resolution: I will do the exercise schedule I wrote so long ago!

That means not counting as exercise the classes I teach - cos I really just shout a lot. click my fingers for tempo and correct everyone's technique. Not much work there!
I could do that! I must practice clicking my fingers. My April plan will be to umm walk a bit. Done 1.86 miles today.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:19 PM   #3  

stef .........who does your housework monday to friday????
Old 03-29-2005, 04:03 AM   #4  
Just one bite at a time

Toots, nobody does it! I have a self cleaning house!!

Well the DH does it usually, cooking and filling the dishwasher! But then I have always worked in the evenings as well as during the day - so I trained him really early in our relationship!

Anything else that needs doing, like ironing, hoovering and cleaning things down properly gets muggled into 2 sessions of truly beneficial exercise at the weekends - well that's how I sell it to myself!!

I seem to be good at telling myself stories - and believing them! Did you READ that exercise list?!?!?! Still today will be a 50% success, heading for the gym and punchbag before I teach class (the finger clicking type) tonight!
Old 03-29-2005, 02:31 PM   #5  

a self cleaning house................ i need one of them, my 4 kids dont understand the meaning of PUT THINGS BACK WHERE YOU GOT THEM..................no well trained DH or kids here in my house
Old 03-31-2005, 08:11 AM   #6  
Yoyo_Munich

Location: Munich Germany nee Preston nee Manchester nee Leeds

Thats **** of an execise routine there Stef. I was feeling pleased for myself by going out running this week. But I do have a plan, from next week I intend to cycle to work at least one day a week, (40 mins each way).

So as from next week:
cycle to work 1 or 2 times a week
short run 1 times a week
long run 1 time a week
Sunday exercise plan.
Luckily boyfriend has decided he wants to walk up the Zugspitze which is the highest mountain in germany (2,963m), and walking in the mountains is my favourite thing, so we are going to train for that and hopefully do it this summer, which means doing some exercise on Sundays.
PS
Where can I buy one of those self cleaning houses, I understand the concept of housework being exercise, but I would be happier going out on my bike and having the house clean itself.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:50 PM   #7  
Just one bite at a time

I have to admit that I set up the routine based onwhat I should be able to do plus the latest 60 - 90 minutes exercise per day for health recommendations.

I have no hope of hitting the whole list in one go, but if I add sessions in each week/month then by the end of the year they should all be a good habit I accidentally grew!!! I guess they are an end product rather than a starting point!

I don't have a mountain, but I am doing a 5K Race for Life this year (July), so I will be leading a group of not-so-fits from work on happy little training walks as soon as the fog and rain stop!!

As for the self cleaning house you have 2 realistic options:
1) Agree with Quentin Crisp "I haven't done any dusting ever. After a mere 5 years of leaving it you simply can't tell the difference"
2) Make it all exercise and therefore slimming - at 120 kcals per hour it is worth counting!!

Personally I too prefer to go out and leave the fairies at the bottom of the garden to clean house. But they went on holiday with the tooth fairy and never came back - they probably bought a cheap villa in Spain!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 01:59 PM   #8  

@ fairies taking a break from housework to sit and watch home in the sun
Old 04-02-2005, 01:18 PM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

If this is April's Exercise thread......

I did about 3/4 of an hour of kickboxing and skipping today. Am getting frustrated with this toe! I can't balance properly for my back kicks!

And then I had chips in pitta..... followed by mint choc chip ice cream!

CHIPS ARE MY FRIENDS
Old 04-02-2005, 03:05 PM   #10  

chips are your friends!!!!!! must say i dont think much of the company you keep
chips are my biggest enemy if it wasnt for them id be super slim
Old 04-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #11  

Today I went to the gym and did twenty minutes on the bike and another twenty on the hamster wheel (oops that will be the treadmill) and a massive 30 sweat drenched minutes on the eliptical. The gym was empty!!!! And I mean empty, I panicked that I got the opening times wrong and that I was locked in!!!! Not even cute gym instructor for company!!!!!

I'm off for my swim at eight tomorrow morning, anyone care to join me???? I wouldn't normally get up so early on a Sunday, but it's my baby avoidance strategy, they're like little land mines in the water!!! Bless 'em!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 05:07 PM   #12  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Kykaree, that's my idea of a perfect gym - empty! so that no-one can witness my humiliating lack of fitness except me !

Today I did an hour's walk (3.4 miles) and followed it by my taebo basic workout. So at least I could feel virtuous when I flaked out on the sofa for the rest of the afternoon .

Enjoy Sunday, everyone!

Janey
Old 04-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #13  
aka Superwoman!

Been out for a walk round the park and into town, took a while!

Had a super healthy SUBWAY for lunch!

Will start on the swimming with you kykaree when I've got rid of my sneezles!
Old 04-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #14  

My gym has lots of different people attending, so I never feel like the fattest or the unfittest. It is a tad embarrassing when ladies three times my age are running on the hamster wheel, whilst I stroll along, but who cares!!!! I like a bit of boy watching at the gym, but apart from fit instructor, there isn't much talent. Well none under 70!!!! LOL

The pool was heaving this morning. I did about thirty lengths so I was happy with that. I have done my 10 000 steps already, aided by a trip to Tesco. I hate shopping!!!! I am off to the gym this arvo. I saw fit instructor there this morning, so I may get my boy watching fix after all!!!
Old 04-03-2005, 10:38 AM   #15  
aka Superwoman!

Go KYK! You are one fit bunny today!
Closed Thread