UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 05:14 PM   #436  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hmmm words got out that you are a handywoman Kirsty i know exactly what you mean i think when you become a mum you lose your own identity and just becomes so and so's Mum and you get used to doing for others and then that escalates into doing for others outside the home too when i think back i don't know how i did it i had my 2 kids, 2 jobs and a sickly husband and MIL who had me running her to doctors appointments, picking up prescriptions and ultimately doing her weekly grocery shopping what a mug i was, her other sons and daughters in law did absolutely nothing yet she did nothing but sing their praises to me
Old 04-02-2004, 09:13 PM   #437  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

HI all, It's called gate keepers syndrome and most Mother's/wives have it. I was told this by a doc two years ago when I thought I was having a nervous breakdown and went to see my doctor, we feel that we're so responsible for everything and everyone, that we forget ourselves, and then one day we remember that we are a person in our own right and that we deserve somethings doing for us. It's a very heard lesson to learn, but it is ok to say NO. And if people have a hard time with that, then their reaction to our 'no' is their own responsibility
I learnt that very quickly and I follow it as a rule now. I still do loads ofr other's, but it's cos I want to, not cos I feel I should, and I believe I'm a better person for it COr, what a ramble huh? LOL!
Kirsty, the post op guff sounds horrible, not that Dave would have to worry about hoovering, he doesn't do that very often at all, unless it's cleaning out the cars. What about sex? Do you have to refrain from that for months too?
I've had a good day today. OP Exercise Is bloody miserable out though, rainy and cold and was dull all day, supposed to be like it all weekend too. I'm taking the dogs to the groomers tomorrow, so they'll be looking spiffy. WHile they're there, I'll go to Curves and then come back and tackle the couches with the hoover to remove the dog hairs....... they don't think I know that they get up on the couches while we're out, but the evidence is there.
I'm going out shopping on SUnday for some clothes, going with my friend, who is off home to Scotland for Easter break with her youngest. She's not been home in eight years and is so excited, bless. I'm excited for her, and for me and I'm not going hoe until August....how sad is that?
Right, I think it's time to get in my jammies, all warm and cosy, and then tackle the dishes as everyone else has walked past them again.......do they just not see them I wonder, is it only me that sees the pile over flowing in the sink? Must be a woman thing
Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:15 AM   #438  

Hey Linus - you don't have to give up beeing good to the neighbours, but if anyone is really taking the p so to speak then you can feel ok to say no or at least sorry, busy.

My Aunt is always doing things for other people but I don't remember anyone helping her. However, she lives alone and obviously people think she is this superwoman who can do everything. I have tried lord knows to suggest I help with the redecorating and gardening. I did manage to helpher put back up an extremely hefty book shelf after she had decorated. But if she was bed ridden tomorrow no one would rally around. The family were shocked when we found that she had cut her hand open on a tin opener. However, she soldiered on, and only told us afterwards. I now have the guilts because I haven't seen her for a long time. Mind you she goes to see mum every month.

The trouble is she wants to be needed and it can cause the rest of the family to grit their teetth at times (over 20 minutes to peel one spud?!). She follows mum around like a puppy dog and there have been a number of times when she got so close she was constantly bumping into her!

Families eh?
Old 04-03-2004, 06:43 AM   #439  
Theres no stopping me now

Took me a long time to say no and wait a minute to all the demands on me. I still seem to put everyone else first and I'm way back at the end of the line.

But today I am away up town to buy some road tax for my car (exciting !!!) and then I am going into Mark One to see if I can get a few bargains, need a new pair of joggers and some tops desperately. I am living in a pair of baggy joggers at the moment and old tops I have one decent pair of joggers I wear whenever I step out of the house, unless I am going to work, when I wear my 1 and only pair of decent trousers. Even my one tidy top managed to get dyed in the wash with something else and had to be binned. How did my wardrobe end up like this ? Am off to give that credit card a bashing, may even stop in Matalan on the way back home

Has been a busy week, eating has been ok not brillant. Am off on leave from work next week, not a good idea for my eating why is it I always eat more at home ?
Old 04-03-2004, 10:09 AM   #440  
Slow and steady

HI all,
I've just been to Curves after taking Pen and Lew to the groomers, they'll look so pretty when they come home.
It's a year since I joined Curves and they totalled everything up in the weights and measures deperatment for us.
In one year I have lost 29.75 inches
25.00 pounds
20.74% Body fat
I only reckon to have actually lost twelve pounds in this year with a few ups and downs, and when I asked about it, they said they avereage it out? Now I have no clue how they do it, as I'm no good at maths, but I must say it feels good to look at my years work and see all the great numbers written down
Am off now to hoover hairy couches and do piles of washing and drying and of course folding! Plus all the other bits and bobs that need doing, before collecting the pooches.
Have a good Saturday everyone.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:46 AM   #441  

Thats great 29.75 inches lost has anyone seen them? They may have attached to me
Old 04-03-2004, 01:06 PM   #442  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well Done Chris makes it all worth the while when you look at the results does'nt it? Did'nt know there was a name for that syndrome too i've definitely got it tho'

Carol, i got some great deals at Primark while i was over there is there one near you?got some pants with a stripe down the outside leg for 4 quid a pair they are more than twice the price over here

Its another warm and sunny day here its more like summer than spring i did'nt realise that it was Easter next weekend means i'll have to keep my eyes open for half price easter eggs next week Drank far to many Budweisers last night and feel today just drinking a pint of OJ need the vitamin C today
Old 04-03-2004, 04:34 PM   #443  

hi all thanks for the kind words i was really on a funk yesterday feel a bit better today ive actually managed to put some photos in the gallery so you can all se who im talking about not got one of me yet ill have to get hubby to scan some in if i can find half decent ones going for a shower pop back on later
kirsty
Old 04-04-2004, 05:02 AM   #444  

just a quick post tosat that if i have offended anyone with anything that ive said i really wish you would let me know as i cant fix what i dont know ive done post more later
Old 04-04-2004, 06:18 AM   #445  
Theres no stopping me now

Kirsty hen you've lost me. Nothing you have said has been offensive and if we didn't like something we would tell you.

I used to post on the WW forums but gave it up as it is really *****y and any 'newbie' is regarded as being dangerous and a possible troll and only there to cause trouble. Decided they were welcome to their clique as I have more interesting things to do with my time than to try and prove to them I am not there to cause trouble and insult them, their familiy and friends. None of it was directed at me personally but every week someone offends someone and loads of people end up taking sides, if I wanted play with the kids I would, but these were supposed to be grown women on a weight loss site.

Enough rambling.

Just had my porridge not had it in years and it jumped off the shelf at me in the Co op yesterday. Didn't eat a lot yesterday but didn't point it so it will not have done myself any favours, especially as my dinner was cheese sandwiches.

Today I will write everything down. Have already roasted a chicken for dinner tonight and the soup is all boiled up and ready to be mashed down and frozen into bags so it will last all week.

Am determined me and the boys are going to do something interesting today, but they have friends in and have other plans.......
Old 04-04-2004, 08:56 AM   #446  

Quote:
Originally Posted by linus
just a quick post tosat that if i have offended anyone with anything that ive said i really wish you would let me know as i cant fix what i dont know ive done post more later
No you haven't offended anyone.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:12 AM   #447  

sorry ladies just my paranoia coming through just a bit insicure i guess just an off hand remark about stepping on peoples toes and i just thought id make sure i hadnt offended anyone will post more later
Old 04-04-2004, 09:27 AM   #448  

Don't worry we'll give you a slap if you do
Old 04-04-2004, 09:45 AM   #449  

thanks veggie maybe you should change your name to jimminy cricket sometimes my consiouns goes on holiday and i can be very insensitive without realising im doing it
Old 04-04-2004, 09:54 AM   #450  
Slow and steady

Hi everyone,
I've lost that hour this weekend, just got up, it says nine thirty, but I know it's really only eight thirty!Didn't get to bed until three thirty either which the hour had already gone forward so it was pretend four thirty. Why do they say to change the clocks at two in the morning? Does anyone know this? I know some people who actually stay up until then to change them... not me though, I just happened to be up as I had to pick up #1 child from a party.
I did super duper on points yesterday and my food is planned out for today so will do the same today. I tried on some clothes yesterday afternoon that are hanging in the wardrobe to do some spring cleaning in there. I have to do away witha long time favourite pair of capris and some other trousers as well. They are all too big One pair I tried on, actually still fit quite nicely round the waist, but the bum, legs and the crotch were so baggy, it just didtn't look ok any more.
I had plans to go out clothes shopping today with a friend, but her little one is sick so she's had to cancel. I will go out with hubby and child #2 instead and see what bargains I can find to replace some things that must go.
Kirsty, you've not offended me in any way luv. You've been a joy to get to know on this forum I don't think I've ever seen anyone on here that has been a horror, and if there has been, I hope it's not been me AGH!
Carol, well done on your food plans for today and the week, what sort of soup have you made? That WW site sounded horrible. How can people be so clique when they're all in the same boat?
Right, must put the dinner in the crock pot and do some more laundry before waking everyone up to go out.
See you all later
Closed Thread