UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 02:19 PM   #1  
Queen of Chaos!

Default Can't get off the starting block!!!

Help! I just can't seem to get motivated, and when I do I'm lucky if it gets past a day!
I'm just back from a weekend away at my best friends wedding, it was torturous trying to find something other than a marquee to wear, and I look like the goodyear blimp in the pic's, I came back full of good intentions, but it's all down the swanny again
I think my biggest problem is my lack of organisation, but I have no idea how to organise myself!!!!!
Last time I looked at the scales I was about 15.5 st. now I'm almost scared to look.
How do you keep yourself motivated and is it all a problem with organisation?
Old 07-22-2003, 07:04 PM   #2  
Theres no stopping me now

Am struggling a bit with the motivation over the holiday time. Am going back to basics, writing everything down, planning, drinking the water and moving this butt
Old 07-23-2003, 05:29 AM   #3  

Todays the day then when I get serious again, and I have no bread or milk or anything for breakfast.

Have managed to avoid food altogether so far, but need to go to the shop for something, starvation is not the answer, this is when it gets dangerous.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:36 AM   #4  
Queen of Chaos!

Thanks for the reply Sal, just out of interest where in Scotland are you? I'm in Edinburgh about to move to the Borders (hopefully!!) and I work near Dalkeith.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:38 AM   #5  

Blew it all last night, again. Just keep giving into temptation

Am in Falkirk, not that far away from you
Old 07-26-2003, 06:34 AM   #6  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

I have been off the diet for the past 3wks but somehow I have managed to lose 5.5lbs!!! As of this Monday I will be back on it 100% and getting my butt back into the exercise regime.
Old 07-26-2003, 03:17 PM   #7  

Oh blimey I've just posted a lovely message and then shut the whole lot down and lost the lot!!! that's me all over... anyway the gist of my response was I know how you feel - it's taken me over a year to get remotivated to lose weight again (hence the nickname yo-yo) but it just took a photo of me which I wasn't expecting and bang there I was weeping and wailing and much blame on others!!!!! but I knew there's only me can lose my weight so here I am again back at a slimming club that I enjoy and appears to work for me and since joining have lost just over 1stone. I was exactly 15.5 at the end of March I went into hospital for a complete hysterectomy and lost about 6lbs so then I decided to rejoin the club at the end of May. I've been away on holiday and thoroughly enjoyed myself but still lost a 1lb so I am encouraged.

I also got a prescription off my doctor "fitness for life" (not sure whether this runs in Scotland) but that has cut the cost of going to the local swimming baths.

By the way this is my (or would have been) first posting so good luck and let us know how you get on

love Yo-yo dee
Closed Thread