UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #16  

This may sound different, but it is the same thing. I will talk cigarettes, you substitute eating or ANY OTHER ADDICTION.

For three years I bought cigarettes one pack at a time because I might stop tomorrow. Three years went by, actually a little over, before I finally took the step. I nearly killed myself, and food kills also be it a different method than tobacco. For the past few years I knew I had to lose weight but kept putting it off....... tomorrow maybe. A doctors visit and being told what I needed to hear finally put me on the right path. Hope I can stay on it. I weighed in at 279. The doctor told me to lose 10%. That if I did many of my health problems would end. That was July 8 of this year. I now weigh 250, down 29 lbs. But my goal is 180 now. I feel soooooooooo much better it is unbelievable. I managed to stop smoking, from 4 packs a day to zero cold turkey. I have a much harder time with losing the weight, but am dedicated to doing so, and keeping it off.

As the ladies above said, the longest journey starts with the first step. One will not make the journey if they don't take the first step.

And I will add, there are many individual paths to take to get to the end of this journey. But all of them have one thing in common. Taking in less calories than you burn. This excludes liposuction of course, but what a DRASTIC measure that is, and it also does not last at. Some have to weigh daily, some do not, and lots of other things. Myself, I only weigh once a week, I do not care to be bothered with the daily fluctuations of up to 8 lbs that occur. The overall downward trend suits me just fine, but that is me.

I noticed that different sites gave different calories for the same amounts of the same food. I searched this morning and came up with the best recommended site the most trustworthy calorie information. That is the US government site www.supertracker.usda.gov which has not only calorie information but the entire healthy eating program including personal logging/tracking both your calories and the health of your eating.

Good luck to all of you, and thanks for being here for me, it sure helps.

B F R
Big Fat Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 207/207/154

Height: 5'6"

Me too.... lets get moving together
BaileyMonroe154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #18  

S/C/G: Current/start weight 14st 7lbs

Height: 5' 6''

Default Great Advice!

You're absolutely right! I have found it very helpful to not only write my goal but also the reason why I want to achieve it. This helps not only to keep me motivated but also serves as a deterrent should my willpower begin to wane.
Daisydixon is offline   Reply With Quote