UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #16  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Right here goes!
I used to start the day with porridge( nice and healthy) then grab a coffee and shortbread from a drive thru startbucks.
At work there were always sweets and chocs as grateful gifts from patients and somebody was ALWAYS leaving or having a baby so ready munchies always!
I was based in the community so would regularly go to Mc Donalds ( just for a coffee yeah right!) and/or garages. I don't drink but made up for it in the evenings with choc and biscuits...when I add up what it muct have cost!!!
Now I am skint because I am not working my biggest treat is a skinny flat white from costa!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain walker View Post
Right here goes!
I used to start the day with porridge( nice and healthy) then grab a coffee and shortbread from a drive thru startbucks.
Drive thru Starbucks?! Definitely glad I have yet to find one of them!
starfired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #18  

Height: 5'1

Diet before: (Typical day)
No breakfast.
Lunch: Sandwich with ham and butter, one or two pieces of fruit, bottle of 500ml water. Sometimes I would get a baguette made in my college canteen with bacon and chicken but depends on money. Might get a bar of chocolate, ice pop or crisps during my breaks.
Dinner: Normal home cooked meal, big glass of fizzy drink.
Snacks: Some days I wouldn't snack, but other days I would snack a good bit. From one or two bars of chocolate some days to a packet of crisps. Then I would find myself picking at things in the fridge. Silly stuff like slices of ham, maybe grab a couple of cookies. Could be 2/3 more big glasses of fizzy drink too. Seemed like it was in the evenings I would do it also. And I never exercised.
Extras: Usually might have a takeaway once a week. Sometimes twice a week. If I headed out on the weekends, I'd have food afterwards which did occur. And it was usually from a takeaway also.

EDIT: How could I forget the sausage rolls... I would sometimes get two in the mornings. Other times I would get two on the way home to eat before dinner!

Diet now: (Typical day)
Still no breakfast. I may have to work something in when I return to uni in September.
Lunch: Same sandwich with ham and butter, one or two pieces of fruit, bottle of water. Some days a small glass of juice or a cup of tea also. I have started a workout after my lunch so my water bottle is usually a litre bottle
Dinner: Normal home cooked meal still, bottle of water.
Snacks: I don't tend to snack anymore. But if I was too, I would snack on fruits and try my best to avoid the sweets, chocolate and crisps. I also drink 2 - 2.5 litres of water a day.

So, what I have basically done is change my snacking. They were unhealthy and unnecessary. Now, it is fruit. But in saying that, sometimes I would like a bar of chocolate so I allow myself for it. I also do still like my fast food but I rarely have it. I rarely drink fizzy drinks now. My mum purchased two bottles of 7up last week and have yet to be opened! I was thinking of looking into other types of snacks like protein bars or some other kind of snack I could have during the day.

This topic was a real eye opener to how much I was snacking...

Last edited by Dreamer2012; 07-10-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #19  
m3k
One LB at a time...

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/160

Height: 5' 6"

Oh goodness... this is going to be fun!
I've been so set on my new diet, it's hard to remember how much junk I used to eat.

I used to eat...
Morning: Coffee (homemade or Dunkin Donuts) the sugary kind with syrups and espresso. Either no food, or some sort of breakfast sandwich from somewhere.
Midday: Pizza, pasta, lean pockets, fast food. Anything quick.
Evening: Dinner out (usually pasta or maybe a salad)

Before I had my new kitchen (in the middle of building) I used to eat...
Fast. Food. All. Day. (Usually dollar menu)
Then eating out an night (Or dollar menu again)

I don't ever want to see fast food again. Ever. Yuck.

I'm not too much of a snacker, but I can be an emotional eater. For that reason, I do not keep snacks in the house. If I need something snacky, I eat veggie chips.
m3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #20  

Height: 5'2"

not a UK chick here either, but the idea of this thread made me go "OH GOSH" in my head, and then laugh.

BEFORE:

breakfast sometimes nothing, sometimes a lot. there used to be a place near where i lived that would deliver breakfast and i did this a lot. ham, egg and cheese on a kaiser roll the size of your head. don't forget hash browns and loads of ketchup. orange juice. if i didn't indulge in my delivery breakfast, i would sometimes stop before work at starbucks and pick up a nice, big cup of hot sugar syrup death. oh, don't forget the sugary confections that they sell also.

lunch usually something from work (i work in food service). and usually not too bad, seeing as i'm on display for all my co-workers. i did and still do order salads, being very conscious of the fatty things that can sneak in like cheese, nuts, dressings, bacon, fried things, etc...

dinner eaten out at a restaurant. a LOT. and huge portions that i would finish everything. we're talking appetizer, entree and dessert. plus a bottle of wine to myself. plus after dinner drinks. PLUS maybe a fourthmeal at taco bell once i was all liquored up. if not out to eat...elaborate homemade meals that spared no expense when it came to flavor. deep. fried. anything. he would deep fry stuff just to deep fry stuff. again, huge portions. full fat milk, cream, cheese. bad carbs everywhere. always a LOT gourmet chocolate in the house. wasn't unusual for a home baking adventure where i eat half the dough and then almost the whole finished product. cheesecakes, brownies, cookies.

snacks i usually didn't pick too much as i was too busy at work.. but, i would still have the odd french fry. or, if we were hosting a party that included passed hors 'dourves or a buffet, we were ALL over it. something about that much free food. NEEDS to be eaten. we would stash away plates of penne vodka, lemon chicken, and brownies. passed goodies we would sneak along the way.. pigs in a blanket, slider hamburgers, mini quesadillas..

AND NOW!!

well now i just make a LOT of stuff at home with carefully selected items and reduced fat cheese. i make my own coffee at home, and its much more delicious. i don't eat out..like ever. its a special occasion or date night if i do. and even then, its usually sashimi. no more drunkey drunk!! i broke up with the raging alcoholic..so that mess and those calories are out of my life.

when i was living my ridiculous drunk indulgent lifestyle i weight 164 lbs. (that is the highest i remember seeing, but it could have been higher)

and now i am at a cool 136 and still going.

great thread!! funny to reminisce.. i don't miss it at all

Last edited by valalltogether; 07-10-2012 at 09:48 PM.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 150/see tracker/110

Height: 5'1"

Hoo, boy.

On school days:
Breakfast - Coffee, no food.
Lunch - Homework that I was supposed to do the other day, no food.
After school - Binge binge binge... pretty much anything I could get my hands on. Although pretty much none of it was healthy in the least. Chocolate bars, tortilla chips, ice cream, half a box of granola bars, cookies...
Dinner - Whatever my mom served... not always too healthy, but I always overate.
Throughout the night- Binge.

On weekends, I ate lunch and sometimes breakfast, but it didn't really improve the quality of my diet.
Breakfast - Coffee and cereal, sometimes.
Lunch - Disgustingly unhealthy microwave meals, probably some chips as well.
Snacks - Random mini-binges throughout the day.
Dinner - Same as school day.

I should note that when I say binge, I don't mean an extra few hundred calories. I really went all out, maybe 1,000 calories in one binge.

It makes me kind of sick when I think about it now... but that's probably a good thing.
CoffeeFueledUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #22  

I used to eat everything except carb... when I met Mr.Bread ..... my life changed and I'm overwieght since then....
madlioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #23  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

starfired, they opened the first drive thru starbucks in the country pretty much on my way to work and it opened at 6.30am I was usually their first customer of the day!
I always had a skinny flat white with my cake/shortbread whatever...where's the sense in that!
I do actually prefer Costa coffee and now there is one near where I do my family shop so it's my treat!
This thread is brilliant Joselo it shows us just where all those extra pounds came from!!!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 110/189/110

Height: 5'4

i ate like a pig :C
i33BabyGirl33i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 23stone/17st11/11stone3

Height: 5'6''

I always ate healthy and balanced meals since childhood. I never had a problem with meals or choices, I guess I was always conscience about that.

It was the snacking that got out of hand and moved into binge territory. Crisps were first, then Jaffa and just about any teacake. Biscuits soon weren't enough and I started on the Battenbergs and bakewells. It didn't take long to have a binge of both, crisps and teacakes. The snacking soon replaced perhaps lunch or dinner, but takeaway never really was my thing. I guess I thought in terms of a little bit of this and that wasn't as bad as a whole meal (how stupid of me).

At my worst, I could eat at one sitting, a large box of Jaffa's, a package of caramel squares, box of Milkyway cakes and a whole bag of crisps (8 or more) and a package of mini Battenbergs. I would drown it out with plenty of tea, and eventually felt sick. It moved from being an occasional plunge to a couple of times a week to more frequently and started the diet - binge cycle.

I am still struggling with it, although I cannot handle the amount I use to, I still can eat about 4 crisps and a whole package of something, usually bakewells at this point. Nothing like before, but nothing in the normal range either. Sigh.
mysleepingdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

Mysleepingdragon, that sounds horribly familiar.

I'd buy 8-packs of crisps that sometimes actually had as many as 10 packs in. Boyfriend would have perhaps two, I'd have the rest. We'd share a 24-pack of jaffa cakes, and a couple of bags of haribo. There might be cheesecake or cream buns too. That would be every day, on top of enormous portions of proper meals.

The bizarre bit is that, in the eleven months we've been together, and five months of me cutting out the junk (which has reduced his intake of crisps, but he's still on the jaffa cakes), he's only managed to gain half a stone. How does he do it?! I am infinitely jealous, and also damned glad we nipped that junk food habit in the bud.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

I used to skip breakfast altogether, on the rare occasion I did have it I would have a full fry up in the canteen at uni.

Occasionally I would skip lunch too, if I didn't I might either have chips from the canteen or I would buy a snack from the shop to eat in my lectures, ready buttered malt loaf was a favourite. In town I would almost definitely have McDonald's.

Dinner was also often takeaway, I did cook occasionally but I don't enjoy cooking so I often found myself ordering Pizza. I miss Pizza.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roobear View Post
Dinner was also often takeaway, I did cook occasionally but I don't enjoy cooking so I often found myself ordering Pizza. I miss Pizza.
I love love love mi takeaway pizza also, going to miss that
xxxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

The common theme in the previous eating seems to be the lack of breakfast and I was no exception!
Breakfast: none
Mid-morning - would suddenly be starving and would go to the shop and buy a mayo laden sandwich, perhaps some crisps and maybe some biscuits.
Lunch - Soup and sandwich
Dinner - Generally homecooked and not that unhealthy

On a bad day I would binge on crisps or other junk food. Crisps are my trigger food and I have to try and avoid them if possible now.

Healthy menu:
B: 2 weetabix
Snack: 1 apple
Lunch: 2 slices wholemeal bread, 2 slices ham and lots of salad. A cup a soup.
Snack: 1 apple
Dinner: Steak and salad or a baked potato and filling.

I was never ready for breakfast before, now I have started eating healthy and exercising again, my metabolism seems to have revved up and I am ready for my breakfast these days!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

Carbs for breakfast lunch and dinner

mindless snacking

late night food, I never felt hunger for YEARS!

Last edited by swissy; 08-03-2012 at 06:11 AM.
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote