UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 03:49 AM   #1  

Angry Happy New Year! Did Santa give you a new body?!

Was the fat man in the red suit kind to you? Did you dive head first into the bowl of pretzels (and did you see me already in there?). Did you have a great Christmas?

C'mon, spill the beans!

I did munch on pretzels and peanuts but only had around 4 alcoholic drinks. Foodwise (I mean regular meal times) I did ok and I did eat quite a bit of fruit. I did check out the scales at my Aun't place and if her scales are truthful (PLEASE NO!) Iit would appear I have put on about 3lb or more. My next class is not until 8th but I am not that bothered if I have put on 3lb. If it is more I may be a bit downhearted after all, I lost nearly a stone before. Mind you it comes off quite easily.

All the best for the new year everyone!

Old 01-02-2003, 05:08 AM   #2  
Theres no stopping me now

Santa has given me a few extra pounds.

I stood on my scales a few minutes ago, stood on them before my last weigh in at WW, so I could compare them this morning and assess the damage. according to them I have gained 2lbs. Am starting to work at it again today, so hopefully they will be soon gone.

Peacock I hate pretzels, so you wouldn't have seen me in the bowl, but I have drank you share of the alcohol as well as mine, far too much booze. Will take me a few days to 'dry out'.

I too am not worrying about what the scales say on Monday, it's been that time of year and I just need to face up to it and move on. It will come off if I work at it, and you will reach that stone mark very soon
Old 01-02-2003, 05:42 AM   #3  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

If its only 2lb Carole you have been amazing!! i am dreading it but am going to go and face the scales I know it will be lots I can tell but hey ho I had a good time. Today is the first day of the rest of my diet ha ha , still lots of goodies hanging around but as Gene Pitney said 'I'm gonna be strong........'
he hee
Old 01-02-2003, 06:17 AM   #4  

2lbs is probably the dehydrated weight gain, once I get this body rehydrated the scales will probably show about 7lbs on.

The joy of vodka (well it was a joy last night - not so good this morning)
Old 01-02-2003, 07:53 AM   #5  

Just to cheer you all up - my Aussie friend just emailed me to say she had her Christmas turkey - by the pool under the palm trees. I for one would not like an exotic christmas time but would love an exotic un-Christmas time -anywhere really. I should really go away after Christmas to get rid of the post Christmas blues. Ho Hum!
Old 01-02-2003, 12:32 PM   #6  
Gym'll fix it!!

Grrrr...i hate that scale for the past 5 day's i've been stable at 168.5lbs..today it showed 170.5lbs and when i got on it again it showed 170lbs ( i think it does it to *iss me off) i was thinking it was friday today but it is'nt..what a long week so tomorrow is my 'official' weigh in we'll see what the bugger say's then!
Old 01-03-2003, 02:23 PM   #7  
Phat Chick

As some of you may know - I spend most of Christmas in Kings College Hospital - the food is absolutely cr@p there

I basically lived on dry chips, tea, fizzy drinks and sandwiches and little sleep - so although I asked Santa to bring me Halle Berry's body for Christmas - I think he got confused only heard the first name and bought me Bill Haley's body
Old 01-03-2003, 02:40 PM   #8  

No, BPB I did not know how you spent Christmas Day. Obviously it sounded like you would rather not have been there though. Is that the KCH in South London? If so I used to work there! I don't think hospital food is great wherever you go anyway. I occasionally use our Hospital canteen I eat enough pasta at home and that is usually one of the choices. They have sald but it is all loaded with mayo/dressings and I find people have put a prawn laden spoon in with a purely veggie thing (I know this is a veggie gripe and you are thinking so what? but it matters if you don't like prawns in any case because it taints the food). Sometimes they do a good veggie biryani and they have used Ebly whcih I like but I find the couscous they sometimes use too dry. They do jacket spuds and pizza too but I am avoiding pizza unless I have no choice when eating out.

Well whatever you were in for I hope you are now much better and can avoid all naughty things (unless you don't want to!)
Old 01-03-2003, 04:01 PM   #9  
Phat Chick

Yep Peacock - it was KCH - and my isn't it a delightful, attractive hospital. Hubby had viral gastroenteritis, caused by the antibiotics that he was taking for his tooth abscess. We went into A&E at 9pm on Christmas Day, was seen around 12am on Boxing Day and he was finally admitted at around 3am in the morning. Apparently his diabetes had caused acid to form in his blood stream and that was causing the stomach pains. He was dehydrated on a drip and insulin constantly until he was discharged on NYE - so as you can see - my Christmas was slightly unusual Hubby's sister is a nurse at KCH and was on duty that night, so spoke to the Bed Manager and we managed to get him into a room as opposed to being on a ward - so I more or less was able to come and go at will.

I spent all the time going back and forth to the hospital, so didn't cook or eat properly for nearly a week.

He's much better now, home and causing havoc indoors, but I wouldn't have it any other way and he's taking me out to dinner tomorrow night, so I will be back on plan on Monday, think I deserve one good night out

Although I am not a veggie, I know what you mean about tainted food and prawns ain't one of my faves

Last edited by BigPhatBooty; 01-03-2003 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:55 PM   #10  

Have a good night out BPB you most definately deserve it

Prawns - yuck !!!!!!!!!!!! not one of my favourites either, especially when covered in that seafood mayo - double yuck
Old 01-04-2003, 08:26 AM   #11  

Well glad your Hubbie is ok now. I did wonder why you were hanging around a hospital over the Christmas period -each to his or her own I thought!

Of course if he wasn't lucky enough to have a sister who is a nurse he could have "enjoyed" a trolley instead for all that time.

I have been trying to encourage my mum to have a hip operation but with all the horror stories you hear, not surpringly she won't hear of it.

Enjoy your dinner!
Closed Thread